• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Future Nintendo Hardware & Technology Speculation & Discussion |ST| (Read the staff posts before commenting!)

If you mean FF would be timed exclusive even without Sony paying, I'd say it's more likely that the agreement included that.

If Sony funded the game, even partially, they would certainly rather that budget NOT being spent at all on non-PS versions.

It could also be that Sony has the right to extend the exclusivity deal until a specific date and they don't want to start it until they know when they can release it.
Technically, the Remake's exclusivity wrapped up in 2022. Rebirth's doesn't until May 29. Either way that is interesting that SE just ported over Remake to PS5 and gave it a new subtitle. That would be interesting to see them do on Switch 2. As for Rebirth being able to run on the system, that will depend on its specs, and of course, the DLSS. The latter will be a HUGE difference for past Nintendo handhelds. Nintendo will have to future proof their handheld.

Given recent announcements, it would seem Sony and Square-Enix have a mutual understanding to prioritize profits over pride as both after realizing that console exclusivity isn't the game winning strategy it once was in the 90s and early 2000s-2010s. I'm sure both are eating crow what with Rebirth's sales in that they can't hoard the title like a dragon for another year in the interest of sales.

Intergrade would probably be an easy target to port to NX2 but even if they announce other console ports this year, I still would think the NX2 conversion might need a bit more time in the oven for an optimization or two, maybe with some help from a trusted party at Nintendo helping with the port job..
Agreed. Integrade would be a great start. As for whether Rebirth can make it, too, I feel like that may require the DLSS... of course, provided that Switch 2 can handle it.

Thank you for taking the time to answer, and thank you very much for constantly taking the time to try to explain complicated things by making them accessible, and for constantly showing patience and kindness. I think many of us want to express our appreciation for all of your contribution here.
You're too kind! This thread taught me a lot, and I have inherited borderline hypergraphia from my mother, so think of it as a combination of thankfulness and mental illness.

In last year, i thought the launch line up wont have many games, as the first wave is mainly bought by Nintendo fans, they will buy it even with no game (as they
trust that the games will come later).
We know exactly how many of those fans there are - it's the number of people who bought a 3DS or a Wii U in the launch quarter. It's not many.

The day 1 lineup might be small, but the first six months needs to fill it out pretty solidly, even it's just cross-gen titles

But when i saw Nintendo going to make a large storage at launch, it seems Nintendo want to take a start dash, that makes me a little bit confused. If Nintendo going to have a start dash, they need to put most of their games when launch, how can they fill their line up in remaining year?
I don't think the amount of storage in the device has anything to do with a launch slate. If they only have one game at launch, but only offered 20GB of space, that would be a real issue. They'll put what best supports the long term health of the device while being affordable.

Go back to NS, we only had few games when it launched, then followed up with many games in remaining year. Will Nintendo change this launch pattern?
I think Nintendo will have a pattern that looks like every other year in the Switch lifetime. They'll publish ~12 games, about once a month. This is the slowest year in the Switch lifetime right now, so I'm pretty sure they've got a nice Switch 2 backlog ready to go.

The launch will include some games that Nintendo publishes but didn't develop (like Snipperclips) and maybe a nice, juicy third party port of a last gen game (like Skyrim) and a list of games launching in the next year to tell people what's coming.

I’m sure they’ll want to continue BC, but I’m not sure they’ll be on the same tech stack. Or form factor. It’s a year till Switch 2 and every reason to believe next gen will be longer. Nine years is a long ass time.

ARM seemed dead-set on imploding not that long ago, and Nvidia has fucked this up before. Nvidia blows their security on T239, Google goes all on on RISC-V to counter Apple’s dominance of ARM, and Intel manages to get to a place where they have competitive designs for both CPU and GPU and they own the foundry.

It could get crazy
With how things are looking now, they'll probably need some CPU emulation to keep at least a subset of Switch games running on Switch 3 just due to aarch32. It's a very popular sunset of games, so they'd have some motivation to do it, but the system will probably test their commitment to BC regardless.

Last edited:
Are we forgetting that recent PlayStation exclusive periods have gotten shorter?
• FFXVI = six months
• Rebirth = three

Sure, but the games aren’t materializing elsewhere yet. When I see an announcement for Switch 2 (or Xbox) I’ll breathe out.

And yet despite this there are fans insisting that those two games are forever tied to Sony consoles. That's where I get so confused.

^

Edit: I forget this is the HW thread. Pretty off topic at this point lol

Last edited:
Sure, but the games aren’t materializing elsewhere yet. When I see an announcement for Switch 2 (or Xbox) I’ll breathe out.
unless SE is waiting for FF14 to launch before putting out the next set of games, it's not like Xbox is a lucrative platform. I suspect it was part of MS's dealings to get FF14, but they're just doing things one at a time

Pretty much this, but it should be stressed that it doesn't mean we won't get Mario Kart 9/10(?) a month or more after launch. MK8D released in April 2017, a month after launch, so we might see something similar? Idk, but casual games will likely be close to launch, just not as "at launch". I am curious as to if we're getting a casual game at launch after 1-2 Switch's critical failure, but we'll see how it turns out.
1-2 Switch was, to be fair, a commercial success.

Just having a game in launch will pretty much make that specific game rise to stardom. I think rabbids kingdom battle be a perfect example (it's surprisingly good) if it didn't release in it's first year of the system it would have been a flop.

So i'm curious which developer would want to be in the launch of the switch 2, with this being an iteration instead of a gimmick console.

QXKS.gif

I am being entirely sincere when I say it's still my favourite party game on Nintendo Switch and I got my money worth out of it.

I really hope the next system has a launch game that exploits every little nook and cranny of new features. It's why I (genuinely) want a light-based-puzzle Fluidity so bad, to show off that RTX. Nintendo's last couple "see that this can do" games have been right up my alley every time, I want MORE.

except PC. vanillaware dislikes pc
That's stupid! Why wouldnt they put there content on PC?
From Sony point of view, it is not wasting money. If they can damage other platforms, they succeed. Profit is not important(unless it make huge loss). When Sony reject the COD cross-platform contract, and said something like "i just want to block the merge", its cleared to everyone.
Boy sony is a savage.

I think Nvidia could design a custom CPU based on the Armv9-A architecture with 32-bit support added to ensure that a hypothetical Nintendo Switch 3 can still be backwards compatible with the Nintendo Switch CPU wise.

I'm curious if Nvidia decides to continue using Arm's Cortex-X IP and/or Arm's Cortex-A IP, or design a custom CPU based on the Armv9-A architecture, for the Arm based SoCs for Microsoft Windows PCs releasing in 2025. (There's Estes (here and here).

Same, I don't care about 4k and personally I don't believe 4k in switch 2 is even real. I care more about stability, so, 1080p/closer to 60fps and I'm good.

----

I really want FFXV and FFXVI on my switch 2 😁 running smoothly at a decent resolution.
The native 4k games will games that originally ran on switch.
Pretty much this, but it should be stressed that it doesn't mean we won't get Mario Kart 9/10(?) a month or more after launch. MK8D released in April 2017, a month after launch, so we might see something similar? Idk, but casual games will likely be close to launch, just not as "at launch". I am curious as to if we're getting a casual game at launch after 1-2 Switch's critical failure, but we'll see how it turns out.
if we get Q1 2025 release for Switch, I suspect a 3D Mario for launch, MP4 in the summer, and Pokemon A-Z legends in the fall (depending how big it is)

TBQH, I don't think we need the next mk game next year, if we have those games in the line up. Would it be long over due? Yes. I suppose if the A-Z legends isn't as big as a mainline game, then the next MK game would be prime for the holidays.

I think Nvidia could design a custom CPU based on the Armv9-A architecture with 32-bit support added to ensure that a hypothetical Nintendo Switch 3 can still be backwards compatible with the Nintendo Switch CPU wise.

I'm curious if Nvidia decides to continue using Arm's Cortex-X IP and/or Arm's Cortex-A IP, or design a custom CPU based on the Armv9-A architecture, for the Arm based SoCs for Microsoft Windows PCs releasing in 2025. (There's Estes (here and here).
I imagine if Nintendo and Nvidia are planning to continue working together after Switch 2, they could go ahead and have some loose plans in place to help inform decisions made for the Switch 2. It would behoove them to make plans now for the sake of backwards compatibility, right?

The native 4k games will games that originally ran on switch.

if we get Q1 2025 release for Switch, I suspect a 3D Mario for launch, MP4 in the summer, and Pokemon A-Z legends in the fall (depending how big it is)

TBQH, I don't think we need the next mk game next year, if we have those games in the line up. Would it be long over due? Yes. I suppose if the A-Z legends isn't as big as a mainline game, then the next MK game would be prime for the holidays.
🤔

unless SE is waiting for FF14 to launch before putting out the next set of games, it's not like Xbox is a lucrative platform. I suspect it was part of MS's dealings to get FF14, but they're just doing things one at a time
I think that FF14 would be on of their first Switch 2 game. I think that will help push subscribers.
I see someone mentioned XV. I don't see it coming unless they have another FF collection.

We know exactly how many of those fans there are - it's the number of people who bought a 3DS or a Wii U in the launch quarter. It's not many.

Ehhhh... this data will be well over a decade old by the time the Switch 2 launches, so I don't know how relevant it will be when it can't account for the massive growth and popularity of the Switch brand. Plus there's the enhanced BC that will serve as an extra selling point - from what I understand, neither the 3DS nor the Wii U had any enhancements to BC, and the 3DS was actually a step down from some DS models when it came to playing DS games.

Yes, it originally said "Securing the Final Fantasy VII trilogy as a console exclusive is a feather in the PlayStation cap.", people freaked out extrapolating it to means it would never come out in other consoles ever and then the author corrected it to "Remake" and "Rebirth" instead of trilogy.

So, basically the author was just careless when describing the current situation, rather than sharing anything we didn't know about the exclusivity deal.

I mean ... that's not exactly ... great, lol. So Remake and Rebirth are Playstation console exclusives.

We have zero evidence it’s coming this year or with system launch. A mid 2025 guess is as good as anybody else’s at this stage. It’s not like 6+ years is an impossible timeline for major games these days.
it's not gonna be a system seller, that's for sure. At the same time I remain convinced it's still coming for switch as well.

Bigger question to me now is what would be coming to Switch during the holidays, and what about 2025...
I'm less convinced Nintendo will support the switch with a steady stream of 1st party multiplatform games like Sony has done with PS4 after PS5 released. I wouldn't be surprised if we did t get the next 3d Mario on switch.

I imagine people will laugh the thought off but I was wondering if a G-Sync pulsar screen (or any equivalent upcoming freesync technology) could equip the Switch 2's refresh line-up.

I imagine people will laugh the thought off but I was wondering if a G-Sync pulsar screen (or any equivalent upcoming freesync technology) could equip the Switch 2's refresh line-up.

Variable Refresh Rate is the vendor-agnostic-term and it became more realistic with the rumors of and LCD instead of an OLED, because VRR is way more expensive on OLED-Screens. In my opinion we won‘t know about this for sure until Digital Foundry gets their first SwitchTwo-Console😅

I’m sure they’ll want to continue BC, but I’m not sure they’ll be on the same tech stack. Or form factor. It’s a year till Switch 2 and every reason to believe next gen will be longer. Nine years is a long ass time.

ARM seemed dead-set on imploding not that long ago, and Nvidia has fucked this up before. Nvidia blows their security on T239, Google goes all on on RISC-V to counter Apple’s dominance of ARM, and Intel manages to get to a place where they have competitive designs for both CPU and GPU and they own the foundry.

It could get crazy
Personally I don't think Google cares all that much about Apple having the best ARM cores in the industry. Qualcomm on the other hand definitely does, hence their acquisition of Nuvia. In all honesty I wouldn't be too surprised if the flagship mobile and smartphone SoCs take the single-threaded performance crown from Apple in the next couple of gens. While Apple's E-cores are industry-leading (and it's not even particularly close), their P-cores have been incredibly stagnant since A14/M1 (Firestorm). And their top-talent from the team that architected Firestorm left to form Nuvia, not to mention that the Snapdragon X Elite's P-cores (Oryon) are Nuvias first shot.

But, despite how tied into ARM SoCs Qualcomm is, fractures are emerging between the companies. Of course there's high profile lawsuit going on right now, but even behind the scenes there's a lot of fear that ARM will increase the licensing fees they charge. The latter of these issues Qualcomm has with ARM isn't exclusive to them, other vendors feel an increasing sense of precarity ever since ARM went public, and arguably even before then when Nvidia attempted the buyout.

I forsee the potential for a Qualcomm-Samsung-Google trifecta seeking to push out ARM in the next decade or so if ARM tries to raise their fees and increase their profitability. Which I expect ARM will do, as at least in my observations, their current business model is unsustainable (they just don't charge enough for their IP, and especially, architectural licenses). Qualcomm is of course working on in-house RISC-V designs, and Samsung has already announced that they're replacing their ARM-based SoCs in their smart watches with RISC-V processors. And Google of course would also be significantly effected, not only because they utilize ARM IP in their own smartphone SoCs (Google Tensor), but also the much larger effect of all the major ARM vendors having reduced profitability and thus will either raise prices or reduce costs, either of which makes Android less well-positioned against iPhone.

I would absolutely not sacrifice overall graphical quality for 4K, personally. Both because I really could not possibly care less about 4K and also because to take advantage of it I'd have to buy a new monitor on top of the console.
This a hundred times. I would take 1080p with geometry, textures, foliage, shadows etc. at High instead of 4K with Low/Medium settings any day

@boodream was asking some pages back about the implications of a foundry shift - TSMC to Samsung to Intel. I keep meaning to answer it, so gonna take a stab at it now.

If you understand the basic idea of what a node offers, you get the foundry differences. These three foundries offer different nodes, in different classes. Within a class of nodes one foundries product might be "better" than the other. If you don't, here is a very short summary:

Smaller process nodes make smaller transistors, which make chips smaller and more power efficient. Smaller chips mean a smaller device and/or you can pack more cores in there for more performance. More power efficient means better battery life and/or better clock speeds. Smaller and more power efficient also means less heat, which can indirectly make your device smaller, as it has to have less cooling. Smaller chips used to also mean cheaper chips, but that's not longer strictly speaking true.

There are lots of foundry companies, but there are only three that really matter in this discussion.

TSMC - Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company, Limited - is the big dog, the largest foundry in the world, and they are "pure play". By "pure play" that means that they don't make chips for themselves - customers never have to worry about buying foundry capacity from a company that competes with them in another market.

SEC - Samsung Electronics Co, Limited - is the second largest foundry in the world, and they are not pure play, obviously. However, SEC has it's own corporate structure while being wholly owned, in order to maintain a certain amount of independence.

IFS - Intel Foundry Services - has a similar model to SEC. They have a similar corporate model to SEC. This is Intel's second attempt at a foundry service, their first IFC, crashed and burned. There is an interesting technical/history lesson here about why these companies exist, but it's too big a tangent at the moment.

Practically speaking, IFS is off the table. Even if Nvidia were willing to put Drake over there (and there are lots of business and technical reasons they probably wouldn't), it's just not got a node advanced enough in a timeline that matters.

Historically speaking TSMC and SEC have gone back and forth on whose node in each class is dominant. But lately, SEC has slipped a lot. This is not so much a quality issue as a timing issue. Everything in the 7nm class of nodes and beyond uses (partially or fully) a new kind of lithography tech called EUV. EUV machines were exceptionally rare at a time SEC's cash reserves were low, and TSMC just got more, and sooner. SEC invested a lot of effort in optimizing their older nodes, and cutting their cost, in order to make them competitive. That it worked at all is kind of impressive, but it's left SEC behind on most fronts.

A short diversion on node classes (or node families). In the modern era, switching to the "next node" means not just improving the underlying technology, but changing some of it outright. Chip designs aren't compatible across the technology changes. As a result, foundries started making half nodes and sub nodes. Half nodes are big updates to node tech that doesn't change the underlying technology and doesn't require a design change (though you might want to anyway to get the most use out of it). Sub nodes are versions of nodes that have been optimized for a particular kind of customer.

With all that backstory, let's roughly rank the nodes by quality, and talk about the known differences between them. I'm not listing every node, just the most interesting for this discussion

10nm class: SEC 8nm
You start to see the confusion of naming immediately. 8nm is the Samsung's most advanced half-node in the 10nm class. This is the least "advanced" node that anyone thinks is viable. Orin is on SEC 8nm, as are the whole line of RTX 30 cards. If you've seen power draw analysis on this forum about Drake, it comes from looking at Nvidia's other 8nm products.

Samsung is highly driven to offer deals, so despite being the largest chips, physically, it's probably the cheapest option. SEC doesnt list prices on their website, so we're guessing on that, but it's a good guess. And I don't mean "lowest price" I mean "best value." As in dollar per TFLOP, this is probably the best deal. If cost were the only driver, this would almost definitely give you the most powerful machine, because Nintendo could pack in the cores all damn day.

7nm class: TSMC N7, SEC 7LPP
TSMC N7 is the node used by the original Xbox/PS5/Steam Deck chips. It's about a 30% improvement in GPU clock speeds at the same amount of electricity as SEC 8nm. SEC's 7LPP process is, as best anyone on the outside can tell, in the same ballpark at N7. However, it was late to the party, and N7 dominated.

As I said before - crossing node classes or crossing foundries requires a chip redesign, and Orin/RTX 30 (Drake's sister chip and GPU parent, respectively) are on SEC 8nm. However Ampere, the architecture behind RTX 30, was originally designed for N7, and the data center products still use it. Nvidia redesigned Ampere for the SEC 8nm node for cost reasons, fairly last minute.

ARM, the CPU in Drake, has designs for multiple nodes, including these. So there is reason to believe that Nvidia might be able to cheaply get a design of Drake on N7. However there is also

7nm class: TSMC N6, SEC 6LPP
These are TSMC and SEC's half node upgrade over their initial 7nm products. They should be design compatible with their predecessor, and MS/Sony/Valve have all moved their consoles to N6. It's only slightly smaller, but it offers as much as a 30% improvement in electrical efficiency.

All three of these companies moved on mostly for cost reasons. TSMC has been retiring the original N7 node, but also the improved electrical efficiency allowed MS and Sony to lightly slim down their hardware, which was a cost savings for them both (lighter machines mean lower shipping costs, smaller heat sinks and fans means cheaper manufacturing cost).

I would call N6 the sleeper possibility, as it it an advanced, long-lived node that is cost effective, and is design compatible with N7, where Nvidia already has versions of Ampere and ARM designs.

5nm class: TSMC 4N, SEC 4LPP
TSMC 4N is a sub-node of TSMC N5. N5 is their first 5nm class node, 4N is a subnode that is exclusively for Nvidia's use. It's where Ada Lovelace is manufactured. It offers something like a 50% leap over N7 in both size and power draw, though it's a little hard to be sure, since Lovelace includes a bunch of its own internal power draw changes. SEC 4LPP is a Samsung 5nm class node that rolled out around the same time that 4N did, and I'm including it here mostly for completeness.

I said above that if price were the only issue, SEC 8nm is probably the best value. But it's not the only issue. We know how big Drake is, so we can estimate it's power draw based on Orin... and the numbers just don't look great! It's hard to believe an SEC 8nm product of that size can go into a handheld and offer anything resembling Switch battery life. But some benchmarks on Lovelace look almost exactly where you want them to be...

There is, of course, the cost of the redesign, but here we see that once again Nvidia has the tech on this process node. Lovelace was originally thought of internally as Ampere 2.0, and they are very similar. And we know from leaks that Drake contains at least some of Lovelace's updates. It seems entirely possible that, just as PS5's GPU was essentially a "halfway point" between RDNA and RDNA2, that Drake's GPU is similar.
Excellent post! A couple points of feedback.

TSMC N7 and N7P use DUV only, EUV is utilized on N7+ and N6 within the N7 family

Nvidia's GA100 (and Bluefield-2 or 3, in addition to some Mellanox chips) use a customized TSMC N7 family node. It's not base N7, it's more so like a half/quarter step improvement like 4N is over N5. Because of the fact that it's a custom process for Nvidia, and that only N7 (and possibly N7P) are design compatible with N6, I'd surmise that Nvidia's custom N7 is not design compatible with N6. For both this reason and because 7N (the Nvidia custom N7 process, I don't think it's officially called this but the nomenclature fits imo) already has improved density over base N7, I rule out N6 as a possible node for T239.

As it stands, 8N or 4N are probably the most likely 2, with 7N or an iteration on 7LPP (perhaps 5LPE) also being potential candidates (with the former more likely than the latter). I also wonder if SEC 4LPP is a potential candidate, 4LPE is probably too recent to line up with T239 tape-out but I'm unsure if 4LPP fits within the established timeline or not.

Thinking about it, wouldn't the PR moment for March be something today for Mario day like "Next Mario 3D adventure are coming in 2025 on Switch and our new console"
Probably not but really trying to guess how they could announce it

So Paper Mario is May and LM2 is June. They are not spreading them out over the year, so they must have something later in the year I'd think. Curious to see what it will be.

Also, Pyoooooooroooooooooo!!!
can we expect anything regarding switch 2 "official / leak" from GDC.
Anything, really. Could be absolutely nothing, could be a full spec leak.

if-thats-the-name-its-over-v0-bywtqtbs8fnc1.png

We fuckin with Switch Attach? It would be exceedingly funny (fucking terrifying) if this was the name but I'm assuming someone just pasted in the wrong thing when making this survey.

We fuckin with Switch Attach? It would be exceedingly funny (fucking terrifying) if this was the name but I'm assuming someone just pasted in the wrong thing when making this survey.
never assume survey options are even real. remember the survey that had Mario Odyssey 2 but was actually a Sega survey for Sonic Frontier?

I mean ... that's not exactly ... great, lol. So Remake and Rebirth are Playstation console exclusives.
Well, yes and no. Remake was issued on PS5 sometime after the PS4 exclusivity deal finished, which of course set the clock backwards, but in 2022, that expired for PS5. It led the way for the PC port. Rebirth's meanwhile, ends this May.

Again, these two are TIMED console exclusives. At the end of both of Sony's ads for these games, there was always this disclaimer "Not available on any other formats until X/XX/XXXX." I'm not saying we should instantly expect ports for these immediately after, but it is not by any means hopeless. There is always the chance that both Remake and Rebirth may both be ported to other systems (Switch 2 eventually), but probably under a different subtitle (you know, like Integrade was.)

So take that article with a grain of salt and don't waste your time worrying about it. It's not hopeless.

Nvidia's GA100 (and Bluefield-2 or 3, in addition to some Mellanox chips) use a customized TSMC N7 family node. It's not base N7, it's more so like a half/quarter step improvement like 4N is over N5. Because of the fact that it's a custom process for Nvidia, and that only N7 (and possibly N7P) are design compatible with N6, I'd surmise that Nvidia's custom N7 is not design compatible with N6. For both this reason and because 7N (the Nvidia custom N7 process, I don't think it's officially called this but the nomenclature fits imo) already has improved density over base N7, I rule out N6 as a possible node for T239.
Going by the analysis of GA100 by TechInsights, there's a piece of evidence that Nvidia's flavour of TSMC's N7 process node could be IP compatible with TSMC's N6 process node since Nvidia's flavour of TSMC's N7 process node does have single diffusion break (SDB), which is not present in TSMC's N7 process node, but is present in TSMC's N6 process node. (TechInsights likely made a rounding error when measuring the fin pitch for Nvidia's flavour of TSMC's N7 process node. And TSMC used to have a 9T high performance (HP) standard cell (STD) variant for TSMC's N7 process node before depreciating that 9T HP STD variant for a 7.5T HP STD variant, which means Nvidia's one of the earliest customers for TSMC's N7 process node family.)

And Nvidia actually used many names for Nvidia's flavour of TSMC's N7 process node: TSMC N7, TSMC 7N, and TSMC 7.

it's not gonna be a system seller, that's for sure. At the same time I remain convinced it's still coming for switch as well.

Bigger question to me now is what would be coming to Switch during the holidays, and what about 2025...
I'm less convinced Nintendo will support the switch with a steady stream of 1st party multiplatform games like Sony has done with PS4 after PS5 released. I wouldn't be surprised if we did t get the next 3d Mario on switch.
That should be a given the next 3D Mario won’t be on Switch 1 since it’s a flagship franchise for Nintendo. I expect about 2-3yrs of support of mostly smaller games like remakes/remasters & more casual fare, maybe certain mid-tier titles.

That reminds me of the detatchable dualscreen patent, but even if they‘d use it (which is unlikely) Split would be a much better name than Switch Attatch (even though such a name would kinda line up with previous succesors naming scheme from Nintendo „Predecessor Name“ + „Special Feature/ Power word/ Strange Letter“). Nonetheless, probably means nothing, still would be funny if the name of NG was leaked through a YouTube survey.

That's a profoundly bad name, and one would assume they've learned better than that given their most recent naming-related failure is only a generation past. They need to either slap a 2 on the end or change the name entirely, nothing else is going to adequately distinguish it from its predecessor.

That's a profoundly bad name, and one would assume they've learned better than that given their most recent naming-related failure is only a generation past. They need to either slap a 2 on the end or change the name entirely, nothing else is going to adequately distinguish it from its predecessor.
"Check out the new Switch controller, Switch Attach, coming March 2025!"

(proceeds to repeat "new Switch controller" at least 13 more times in the intro video)

😭

Please read this staff post before posting.

Furthermore, according to this follow-up post, all off-topic chat will be moderated.
Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom