• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Future Nintendo Hardware & Technology Speculation & Discussion |ST| (Read the staff posts before commenting!)

Ngl, the language of the tweet is odd. It literally just states that they will make some sort of public announcement in relation to the console, not that they will reveal it or release it by the end of the fiscal year. Back in 2016 they flat out said that NX would be releasing on March 2017. At this stage, I'm not ruling out a holiday 2025 launch.

Ngl, the language of the tweet is odd. It literally just states that they will make some sort of public announcement in relation to the console, not that they will reveal it or release it by the end of the fiscal year. Back in 2016 they flat out said that NX would be releasing on March 2017. At this stage, I'm not ruling out a holiday 2025 launch.
The answer is that the failure of the wiiu made it necessary for them to announce the successor's release date early, no worries, things aren't consistent right now.

13,5 million in hardware sales forecast for this FY seems to indicate Switch 2 release in march. So Nintendo forecast 10 million Switch 1 sales and 3,5 million Switch 2 sales during this fiscal year probably.
It might. A more clear cut indication imo is that they will have a June direct without any mention of the Switch 2, suggesting that it won't be unveiled until the second half of the year. Unless they go July -> November, it would seem more plausible that they are on a 2016-like schedule.

Different circumstances. That was the Wii U era, this is the Switch era. And with the rumored delay out of 2024 earlier this year, it makes sense to not put a timeframe on it until it's locked in.

I'm going to be real, I don't think my wallet can handle 2025 if we are getting the massive amount of games rumoured for the system.

I would be completely fine with DLSS Ultra Performance mode during both docked and handheld at 30fps as long as it had reconstructed (from a low resolution at the very least) Ray Tracing.

It might. A more clear cut indication imo is that they will have a June direct without any mention of the Switch 2, suggesting that it won't be unveiled until the second half of the year. Unless they go July -> November, it would seem more plausible that they are on a 2016-like schedule.

Unless i'm wrong (which is possible, i know shit about this business crap), they could just bump the sales estimates in a later meeting after they "officially" revealed the system and announced March 2025 as the release month.

No?

Maybe they are simply not sure if they will release it in early 2025 and want to have all options open going forward. When we get the announcement in September they will tell us a quarter and in 2025 we will get the date.

Now we just need anyone to interview Yves Guillemot so Ubisoft can do what it does best and spill the beans early on Nintendo's upcoming hardware.

I'm half joking, but he did give us a good quote when he said Mario Rabbids was coming to the 'next machine.'
I reckon he'd say something mildly interesting if asked about the successor now.

What do we think, who is going to be the first third party to talk about Switch 2 now that it's existence is official. I mean before the official reveal, just vaguely in an interview with a game journo. Ubisoft? Microsoft? SEGA? Square Enix?

(And I don't mean some kickstarter campaign or minor indi that's looking for publicity and has no dev-kit).

It's interesting they gave no codename. Was that intentional because they're not planning om having third parties announce games for it before it's revealed like Sonic Frontiers and Just Dance did back with NX before it was the Switch?
Or is Ubisoft gonna announce Just Dance for it this summer regardless? I reckon not since it doesn't even have a release window, whereas NX had the March release month in advance.

Maybe they are simply not sure if they will release it in early 2025 and want to have all options open going forward. When we get the announcement in September they will tell us a quarter and in 2025 we will get the date.
I feel like it lends more credibility to the phrasing that the console was delayed to "march 2025 at the earliest". It really does seem like there is some sort of unknown or external factor causing uncertainty.

13,5 million in hardware sales forecast for this FY seems to indicate Switch 2 release in march. So Nintendo forecast 10 million Switch 1 sales and 3,5 million Switch 2 sales during this fiscal year probably.

Yeah, I thought the same thing

From the 13.5kk they expect to sell this FY, is that possible they are including Switch 2 numbers? Like 10kk for Switch 1 and 3.5kk for Switch 2 sales in March only.

It's more like I don't see Switch selling 13.5kk... but I also don't know what they have for the 2nd half, and they could always cut the price. But in my mind, this (10kk) is exactly what I was expecting for Switch 1's FY25 if Switch 2 was at least officially acknowledge by them, and the 3.5kk also what I expected for a release in March 25.

Anyway, if it's for Switch 1 only, then it's gonna be amazing numbers IMO.

Yeah the still want flexibility in release schedule based on software related issues. If they aren't sure as of now if the software will be ready for march 2025 they will not commit to that date, that is something that they will decide in the coming few months.

If the coming few months bring good news from their EPD teams then they will schedule an october reveal trailer for this year, if not they will prolong reveal trailer into january or later in 2025.

Since that rumored internal delay to release in 2025 this is likely to get it out of the way and fully announce its existence. They're probably still adjusting release timings in the background for current Switch software and the nextgen launch window lineup.

It'll become clearer next month at the June Direct.

It really does seem like there is some sort of unknown or external factor causing uncertainty.
I think I figured it out... they're waiting until the ninjas kill catch Pyoro... for flips sake this whole time we could have been playing Switch 2 since March 2024 if it weren't for Pyoros rampage 😭😁

Nintendo number of employees grew from 7,317 in 2023 to 7,724 in 2024. That is a very impressive growth seeing where the gaming industry as a whole is today where almost every other game company is reducing their number of employees rather than expanding like Nintendo is doing.

Feels good to get some transparency from Nintendo. Almost 3 years of lurking in this thread before it even existed on this site, when we all thought it was going to be a “Pro“, will finally come to a conclusion. We could only dream of a real successor being confirmed for a reveal this fiscal year.

Now we can actually look forward to the reveal of a new system and hopefully some great new games too!

There is nothing I can tell you about the concept of the next-generation console as of today, but in the seven years since the launch of the Switch, many people have picked up the Nintendo console. We are preparing to have people continue to play with it.

Yeah. Them not acknowledging any hardware at all and doing a normal direct in June, historically the time when people (including investors) expect major announcements, would have been devastating.
Maybe a certain set of people would lose their minds over that, but if the June Direct is good it really wouldn't matter.

Trust the process, we finally here fam

Pyoro knew it. I knew he did, ninspider too

I think we'll get a September/October reveal, January Presentation and March release just like Switch 1

Orrrr July Reveal, September Presentation and November release

Cards on the table, let's goooo

good morning famiboards, i'm ready for another day of sufferi-

...we...we fucking did it? nintendo actually took the "just acknowledge the successor already or risk hemorrhaging your customers and investors even further" challenge? AND they announce a direct timing over one month in advance? let's fucking GOOOOOOOOOO

Saying that they won't reveal the console until March is like saying a game slated for a 2024 release is going to be released on December 31st, 2024.

Also can we talk about the software financial forecast for FY25?

They expect to sell 167M games, which is just 17% less than last year (and last year had Pikmin, Zelda, Mario..) how they plan to do this ? They must have some crazy surprise up their sleeve

hXWLX5Q.png

What the hell is going on

They expect to sell 167M games, which is just 17% less than last year (and last year had Pikmin, Zelda, Mario..) how they plan to do this ? They must have some crazy surprise up their sleeve

hXWLX5Q.png

Mother 3 baby

hXWLX5Q.png

Yeah the forecast for software sales seems incredibly optimistic when their first party games this year only sell 2-3 million at most. Maybe 3D Mario launch game for Switch 2 in march is salvaging their software sales for this fiscal year? ;)

Since we won't get anything from Nintendo about the next console until later in the year(aside from maybe the June Q&A), I wonder if leaks will begin to increase over the summer.

Haven't posted anything since the rumours of the delay a few months ago (but I've still been lurking on here during the time👀), which was a punch in the gut at the time. I was so ready for the usual "uncharted territory" but then I woke up this morning and saw the tweet and I cannot describe how happy I am. Two hours later and it still doesn't feel real. Also June Direct confirmed???? Could we finally see Prime 4???? Either way, we are literally so back 😭

It's not a mistranslation, various folks on the other thread about the soft announcement made that clear.

Plus, this isn't some hastily done thing, statement and translation of it were prepared beforehand with enough time to double-check.

As much as i would want an early reveal, Nintendo's official tweet is correct.

I posted it on the other thread, but just so you know too lol

Obviously a native speaker would know best, but none of the automated translators I tried points to the word "quarter" (i only tried three, to be fair). Microsoft translator does say "this period", but still. And Nintendo isn't one to make mistranslations like this, I think.

Deeply translates it to Quarter for me but as others have said, it’s unlikely that this was mistranslated or mixed up and might just be a language quirk. That statement is too important to make such an error.
Obviously a native speaker would know best, but none of the automated translators I tried points to the word "quarter" (i only tried three, to be fair). Microsoft translator does say "this period", but still. And Nintendo isn't one to make mistranslations like this, I think.

I edited the post, as some other people pointed out, it seems it can be translated to "quarter" but it is more commonly used for fiscal year, my bad

Since we won't get anything from Nintendo about the next console until later in the year(aside from maybe the June Q&A), I wonder if leaks will begin to increase over the summer.
I think we might hear more related to third party ports.

Like with this acknowledgement we might see trailers include,,will also be available for the NG of Switch’’ or in simple tweet.

Please read this staff post before posting.

Furthermore, according to this follow-up post, all off-topic chat will be moderated.
Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom