• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Future Nintendo Hardware & Technology Speculation & Discussion |ST| (Read the staff posts before commenting!)

Ok so now that this is out of the way.

Did the experts here reach consensus on what one should expect to be special about this console ? Dreaming of 3d and a second screen (along with all the modern power we can get) to make it the culmination of everything in Nintendo handhelds. Thinking 3d image with that level of detail in a game would probably look awesome.

Am I daydreaming ?

Now, we will
The Switch library won't go anywhere after the Switch 2 released, even if it is backward compatible. There will always be a market for cheaper devices.
Well, it isn't about availability it just people will want to buy games for their new system. These games will be looked at more. For instance what's so special about Xenoblade 2 and Bomberman? They sold exceptionally well. Why? Because people wanted to try out new games for their system.

That's also why I am on the fence of MP4 getting a special port on the Switch 2. Not only it would take advantage of the Switch to new technology it will get more eyes looking at it because it has the new launch game appeal.

Did the experts here reach consensus on what one should expect to be special about this console ? Dreaming of 3d and a second screen (along with all the modern power we can get) to make it the culmination of everything in Nintendo handhelds. Thinking 3d image with that level of detail in a game would probably look awesome.

Am I daydreaming ?
Yes you are. If Nintendo cant get a feature working in both modes, they probably wont do it.

Its rumored the joycon rails will be replaced by magnets. And thats about it.

As expected, with the switch sale decline and switch production forecast FY25, shareholders needs explanation.
not expecting launch this year,

Am I daydreaming ?
Yes.

Machine learning features will be accelerated with tensor cores, and ray tracing with the RT cores (and ray reconstruction via tensor cores) will help the little device punch above its weight graphically. Whichever other features it will have are up for debate still, but double screen rendering takes its toll on the capabilities of a device and 3D was never popular.

You see, this is exactly what I was talking about. It wasn't eShop upload, rating or whatever so Pyoro couldn't leak shit. This is Furukawa is stronger than Pyoro.
Hidden content is only available for registered users. Sharing it outside of Famiboards is subject to moderation.

Speaking of Pyoro, I think we will finally get a clearer picture of Metroid Prime 4 status. If it doesnt show up, it will likely be a Cross gen game. If it does, I think it will be less likely. We will likely hear from Pyoro first or not.

This is Furukawa

fire-writing.gif

"This is Furukawa...."

360-F-382259000-QVMRSHbcprrtm1-S77-Lb15y-Ngt-Villci1-2.jpg

You see, this is exactly what I was talking about. It wasn't eShop upload, rating or whatever so Pyoro couldn't leak shit. This is Furukawa is stronger than Pyoro.
Which reminds me that dumb bird can spoil games that are going to be in the Switch Successor reveal, when the time comes i hope no one post spoilers

Yen exchange rate really nets Nintendo increased profits. Their profits are up year on year even though sales are down on hardware and software.

This is good news but I can't unnotice the fact that he only talks about the reveal and not about the release.
Technically, a reveal in March 25 for a release in fall 25 is still possible 😱

I can't believe that in the end, it was Furukawa himself who leaked the existence of the Switch successor smh
This shows that people with glasses are the real heroes at the end of the day. Not some bird that couldn‘t even take over the company by some greedy business man who thinks saying "whaaaa" makes him earn money.

This is how i win.

Repeat of the Switch pre-launch marketing strategy, soft announcement now, full "announcement" plus reveal in fall, release March 2025.

"This is Furukawa...."

360-F-382259000-QVMRSHbcprrtm1-S77-Lb15y-Ngt-Villci1-2.jpg

At least make him hold a Switch instead of a smartphone.

This is Furukawa, President of Nintendo. We will make an announcement about the successor to Nintendo Switch within this fiscal year. It will have been over nine years since we announced the existence of Nintendo Switch back in March 2015. We will be holding a Nintendo Direct this June regarding the Nintendo Switch software lineup for the latter half of 2024, but please be aware that there will be no mention of the Nintendo Switch successor during that presentation.

afb.gif

Let it be known that I was here when it finally happened

Finally Nintendo has aknowledged the existence of the succ.

LETS FUCKING GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Never have i been more glad to be wrong about something.

Even when Furukawa confirms the existence of the thing, he makes sure that the wording allows people to believe in a late year 2025 release. He surely loves to see this forum on fire.

This is good news but I can't unnotice the fact that he only talks about the reveal and not about the release.
Technically, a reveal in March 25 for a release in fall 25 is still possible 😱
Nintendo usually give 5-6 months publicity before new console launch. Since June is not the revealing month, the next possible timing is September-October; conference in Jan and launch in March.

Furukawa's announcement is exactly what I expected. Moreover, previously, he had said that they would start talking about the new system starting from the new fiscal year. He kept his word. Today is the first step, with the recognition of the existence of the new console. Now, we just have to wait for the next steps.

Announcement only is interesting. My assumption would be that the launch falls just outside of the FY, like next April. Back half of 2025 would be a painful wait, so hopefully the delay wasn't that far out.

Anyway, it's nice that we can sort of move on now and also put certain talking points to rest now. Both the Switch and now Switch 2 have kind proven out that Nintendo will still do a relatively normal launch cycle in the lead up to new hardware, and they will inform their shareholders a good deal in advance before going to market, even if it means a blurb like this.

While there will be no mention of the successor during the next direct, we can expect to see cross gen titles, no?
No, that seems like an unlikely outcome for June. Any software that is crossgen would be held for the reveal or thereafter. June will be about whatever software is left for the back half of 2024.

Now that Nintendo has officially expressed its opinion on the existence of the console, do you think there will be less difficulty in finding leaks?
Might get some goods from factories or Ubisoft

Also i wonder will Nintendo give us at least a nugget of new info about the Successor at the June Meeting of Shareholders

A bit bummed out but I didn't expect that much anyways 🤷🏽‍♂️ It would've been nice to hear at least an acknowledgement but it is what it is.

Aside: Those copypastas really get on my nerves ngl. I don't get the appeal and it's nothing short of trolling in my opinion. Would be nice to tone it down a bit..
They're just goofs and basically inside jokes and all in good fun. But yeah too many people can't tell when it's a joke

Woke up and saw that Nintendo just told us they would announce a new console before April 2025! How did they manage to come up with the most tepid announcement of all time. Like this was crafted by the Gods.

This is Furukawa, President of Nintendo. We will make an announcement about the successor to Nintendo Switch within this fiscal year. It will have been over nine years since we announced the existence of Nintendo Switch back in March 2015. We will be holding a Nintendo Direct this June regarding the Nintendo Switch software lineup for the latter half of 2024, but please be aware that there will be no mention of the Nintendo Switch successor during that presentation.

Guessing a repeat of the Switch announcement and release is in order here. Yes, they don't technically say that, but I'd guess that's just them holding their cards in case something goes wrong.

13,5 million in hardware sales forecast for this FY seems to indicate Switch 2 release in march. So Nintendo forecast 10 million Switch 1 sales and 3,5 million Switch 2 sales during this fiscal year probably.

Please read this staff post before posting.

Furthermore, according to this follow-up post, all off-topic chat will be moderated.
Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom