• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Future Nintendo Hardware & Technology Speculation & Discussion |ST| (Read the staff posts before commenting!)

So now we are moving the goalpost to by the end of June, once that and comes to pass with no mentions, then there is no way this supposed device is releasing by March 2025
I don't get your reasoning.

If they are releasing March 2025, they would be stupid to announce that this early.

I assume they will reveal Switch 2 in September some time before TGS. Remember that the NX reveal was planned for September but the Mario wasn't running properly.

Quick! After the June presentation, when does the next Direct usually drop? Maybe we can expect to hear about Switch 2 around that time frame? They said we can't expect news in June but maybe after that?!

tenor.gif

If they DO announce the thing before this holiday season, I have to assume they plan on also finally announcing a price drop for the Switch either in June or September.

This is Furukawa, President of Nintendo. We will make an announcement about the successor to Nintendo Switch within this fiscal year. It will have been over nine years since we announced the existence of Nintendo Switch back in March 2015. We will be holding a Nintendo Direct this June regarding the Nintendo Switch software lineup for the latter half of 2024, but please be aware that there will be no mention of the Nintendo Switch successor during that presentation.

giphy.webp

I think people are expecting them to actually just come out and "acknowledge" hardware unprompted, as part of the presentation materials. Which I think has essentially no chance of happening.
so does a "this is furukawa" tweet count?

Wait, that would make even LESS sense! The Switch has a docked mode clockspeed of 768 Mhz!
He doesn't have much faith in 8nm Samsung. 🤷🏽.

Where are we getting the September guess for a formal announcement? it could happen before the direct for all we know, or still in the summer. she said this Fiscal year. I guess we'll see..

This is so direct and to the point. I love it lol.

He knows people are going to be fiending for Switch 2 news in this upcoming direct too.

Please continue to be this direct.

I just remembered we are going to be getting "There will be no information on the Nintendo Switch successor" in the next direct picture, just like the NX had, lol.

Well there will be a successor and its releasing this FY.
Man if they announced some partnership or idk strategy of how they'll ensure enough stock it would've given more speculation info. Maybe in the Q&A?

With Nintendo also not being at Gamescom and the direct for the Switch being in June.
I guess the plan would be to release for Holiday 2024?
That should work out quite well no 🤔

We got the acknowledgment! We are no more in uncharted territory!
Now waiting for the October presentation.

Announcement within the fiscal year but no indication if it will be releasing this fiscal year....... Also notable they are explicitly saying the June Direct won't be about the Switch successor.

If they have to make that sort of statements, probably means that the Q and A (if there was any? Starting to doubt) got them a lot of heat for how this year has been managed so far no?

Please read this staff post before posting.

Furthermore, according to this follow-up post, all off-topic chat will be moderated.
Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom