• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Future Nintendo Hardware & Technology Speculation & Discussion |ST| (Read the staff posts before commenting!)

People who don't understand how big companies operate really need to stop making assumptions about how things should be done, and then make crazy conclusions when those assumptions are don't happen.

people really are doing the:
UltimateDoomPoster.jpg

I guess this pretty much kills a 2025 release then , since this where they supposed to talk about their future
Really? That's disappointing to hear, atleast we should be hearing about Strix Point (ROG Ally 2024 etc) at Computex next month if anyone wants to jump on the next gen handheld train sooner. I for one will be waiting for Switch 2.

Nintendo just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase Switch 2, nor will they purchase any of Nintendo's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Nintendo has alienated an entire market with this move.

Nintendo, publicly apologize and announce Switch 2 or you can kiss your business goodbye.
Did I miss something? What happened?

A bit bummed out but I didn't expect that much anyways 🤷🏽‍♂️ It would've been nice to hear at least an acknowledgement but it is what it is.

Aside: Those copypastas really get on my nerves ngl. I don't get the appeal and it's nothing short of trolling in my opinion. Would be nice to tone it down a bit..

So if they are forecasting a decent drop in net profit over the next FY, does this imply that Switch 2 isn't coming until the next fiscal year lol
No, it doesn't imply that. See:
Wrong. Nintendo also forecasted decreases in FY2017, when their business was already at a much lower point than it is today, despite the Switch launch already being slated for March. With Switch sales declining this year and new hardware only launching in March 2025, there is absolutely no reason to expect sales to increase just because of that.

Keep in mind that the presentation with Notes of their meeting is yet to be released. Not that there will be much mentioning of the next hardware, but usually there are some interesting bits of info here snd there.

No, it doesn't imply that. See:
Okay, right. So a single month's sales even if it's a new console launch wouldn't be enough probably to offset losses.

Okay, so we're all expecting this thing right at the end then. March 2025 sounds like a lock.

This is Furukawa, President of Nintendo. We will make an announcement about the successor to Nintendo Switch within this fiscal year. It will have been over nine years since we announced the existence of Nintendo Switch back in March 2015. We will be holding a Nintendo Direct this June regarding the Nintendo Switch software lineup for the latter half of 2024, but please be aware that there will be no mention of the Nintendo Switch successor during that presentation.

It just means that the software struggles that led to the delay in the first place has not been resolved as of yet. Which means that Nintendo is unsure when the Switch 2 can hit the market.

This is Furukawa, President of Nintendo. We will make an announcement about the successor to Nintendo Switch within this fiscal year. It will have been over nine years since we announced the existence of Nintendo Switch back in March 2015. We will be holding a Nintendo Direct this June regarding the Nintendo Switch software lineup for the latter half of 2024, but please be aware that there will be no mention of the Nintendo Switch successor during that presentation.

Oh hey there it is. Everyone can breathe now.

Not the FuraCoward I initially took him for

OMGMMGMMGPM5POTJEH6GP]O[KTBR, \P6H

Please read this staff post before posting.

Furthermore, according to this follow-up post, all off-topic chat will be moderated.
Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom