• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Future Nintendo Hardware & Technology Speculation & Discussion |ST| (Read the staff posts before commenting!)

My daughter woke me up just a minute shy of the shareholders meeting. Now I have to suffer through another hour or how long it'll take for information to seep through. Thanks, child. 😩

They have nothing to do with each other. Tile-based rendering is about rendering a frame in small chunks so they can fit in cache which means you don't need as much RAM bandwidth, as opposed to beforehand when they rendered the whole frame at once in RAM. Checkerboard rendering is a reconstruction technique like DLSS or FSR2 but older and less effective.
I see.

Nintendo

I was baffled by this as well. I can't possibly imagine such a crazy high GPU clock speed in portable mode even on TSMC 4N.

Also the distribution seems to make no sense in that claim he quoted on. Why would portable mode be 800MHz and docked "only" 1.3GHz? Given the insane gap in resolutions between modes this time docked should see a more than double increase if anything.

I can't see a measly 62.5% increase going to cut it for the jump from 1080p to 4K, unless Nintendo & Nvidia got an ace up their sleeves when they designed this chip and docked actually doesn't need that much more for whatever reason.

I would expect something around 550-600MHz on TSMC 4N and 420-460MHz on Samsung 8nm. (Or 7LPH if it actually exists and is used for T239.)
I watched the video He said he was expecting 750Mhz.to be a top end, but I I think he meant that for docked mode. He's always be conservative on switch 2.

But if he meant handheld, that could be a boost mode for the best case scenario and only available for a few games.. Like MK11 running at 460MHz in handheld on Switchz And that's 67% of docked mode speed on Switch (768Mhz)

1.67x for docked mode would be 1.25Ghz mode on switch 2. 1.3Ghz is the theoretical peak (4 TFLOPs).

The announcement we had advanced wind from leakers a couple of hours before hand.

This is like the time between the September general direct and the Switch reveal trailer.
Man that original Switch trailer, that was something. The first look at Super Mario Odyssey made everyone very excited.

Hope they do the same thing again and we get footage of an even more stylish and innovative 3D Mario game!

I heard they were setting up some new kind of slide at the stock exchance today for investors, no idea what that meant.
Shigeru Miyamoto enters the room with a shiny red top hat, those plastic lined party glasses with a MASSIVE BOOMBOX

🎶 Slide to the left
Slide to the right
Slide to the left
Slide to the right
Slide to the left
Slide to the right
Slide to the left
Slide to the right!

Cha-Cha real smooth!🎶

Nintendo is expecting less net sales and profit this FY.

I guess we can discard a launch this FY.
Wrong. Nintendo also forecasted decreases in FY2017, when their business was already at a much lower point than it is today, despite the Switch launch already being slated for March. With Switch sales declining this year and new hardware only launching in March 2025, there is absolutely no reason to expect sales to increase just because of that.

LMFAAAAAAAOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I FUCKING KNEW IT
Cover_Art_of_Doom_Eternal.png

Nintendo just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase Switch 2, nor will they purchase any of Nintendo's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Nintendo has alienated an entire market with this move.

Nintendo, publicly apologize and announce Switch 2 or you can kiss your business goodbye.

This missed reveal might be the biggest insult by a major gaming company in the past decade. I literally screamed "FUCK YOU" at my screen. I knew they haven't said anything but the hype they created made me think they were just going to surprise us with it anyway. Absolutely unacceptable to do this to us. Once they knew Switch 2 reveal was expected, they should've announce it.

This missed reveal might be the biggest insult by a major gaming company in the past decade. I literally screamed "FUCK YOU" at my screen. I knew they haven't said anything but the hype they created made me think they were just going to surprise us with it anyway. Absolutely unacceptable to do this to us. Once they knew Switch 2 reveal was expected, they should've announce it.

What hype did they create?

Because from what I see there was none.

I said it in the other thread and I'll say it here:

They have no fucking business continuing to be a First Party because they clearly can't handle all the necessities of being a major platform holder. It's not just whether or not their hardware has been lacking, it's also the implication that their subpar handling of announcing new hardware has zero excuses.

Steam is free and yet it's a thousand times more functional than the Switch's garbage OS and NSO.

Please read this staff post before posting.

Furthermore, according to this follow-up post, all off-topic chat will be moderated.
Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom