• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Future Nintendo Hardware & Technology Speculation & Discussion |ST| (Read the staff posts before commenting!)

I've been thinking about "Switch Attach" and while it's an atrocious name for a brand new console, it's got me thinking: what if Nintendo made a smart watch that works with the next Switch?
  • Check the time
  • Check the status of your downloads
  • Check Nintendo News app
  • Make purchases on the eShop
  • Play minigames that are unlocked by buying select first party titles and earn ingame currency without having to play on your Switch
  • Serves as an extra controller for less demanding games like Mario Kart and Mario Party

Sort of like the Pokewalker but works across multiple games.
A modern version of a Dreamcast VMU would be cute

Maybe it could even run Nintendo Switch Online games

How much will this thread panic tomorrow if there's no announcement/hint in the earnings report?
As I said with my earlier post, I fully expect them to pull a

"We have no plans on releasing a new system at this time, we will continue to support (etc)..." but with extra talk about how the "Nintendo Switch family of systems has surpassed 140 million units sold"

I am absolutely expecting this. Although I would be very glad to be wrong and that Nintendo announces an event for July (or June if the old leaks are still correct)

Someone I'm in a discord server with posted this.
image.png

I feel so betrayed.
It's one of those disguised url things that was added with the new text effects.

The prankster urge to post "Oh my god it happened" at midnight and watch everyone freak out for two seconds until they realize I'm lying

Wouldn't the news have happened by now if it was happening? Zelda Movie Announcement was at night while I'm asleep, so I figured news came out before the meeting start time. But I've just woken up to no news so I figured it was over.

It will not happen because we can't handle it yet, I think a few more months of back and forth doomposting will do nicely, it's been... Entertaining so far, but we haven't hit rock bottom... YET!

4pm tokyo time?
Not sure. I just remember people saying midnight/3AM in the US.

Wouldn't the news have happened by now if it was happening? Zelda Movie Announcement was at night while I'm asleep, so I figured news came out before the meeting start time. But I've just woken up to no news so I figured it was over.
It's not a normal announcement, it's more something that could be mentioned in financial reports.

It will not happen because we can't handle it yet, I think a few more months of back and forth doomposting will do nicely, it's been... Entertaining so far, but we haven't hit rock bottom... YET!

We can definitely go lower.
A little "no new hardware is planned for the coming fiscal year" would do.

I really don't think anything meaningful is going to happen. What I would want to see is the hardware details or game announcements, and I don't think either could happen tonight. Best case scenario is Nintendo giving the reveal timing or loose launch timing, but I think that's too much and too early. I'm skeptical they'll even do the acknowledgement thing. I think we get nothing. Yet, here I am, watching the clock.

giphy.gif

popERA says hi!
Hi, Mimi.

(Is there a Famipop community? It sounds like a cereal or candy, so there should be.)

So to be clear, you’re asking why they dedicated that for the Audio? And why was it 1.3GB/s?

It’s true that the ARAM (Auxiliary RAM) was pretty private and not really to be accessed by many other components for the system, but it had a bandwidth of 81MB/s.

The design of the GCN was a direct response to many of the criticism of the Nintendo 64. Remember with the Nintendo 64, it was competition for resources in its unified memory pool, and the GCN had non-unified memory making up the system.

The CPU to GPU was 1.3GB/s, the GPU to the 24MB of 1T-SRAM was at 2.6GB/s though.

Wait, so was it 81 MB/sec or 1.3 GB/sec?

a little laggy on my end 😬 i dont want to imagine what happens at the famiboards servers when nintendo either reveals the switch 2 or nothing happens 😂
I'd say if they keep denying the system's existence it will be ok. But if the system gets revealed, fully expecting Famiboards to be unavailable until the next week at the very least from all the traffic!

Please read this staff post before posting.

Furthermore, according to this follow-up post, all off-topic chat will be moderated.
Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom