• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Future Nintendo Hardware & Technology Speculation & Discussion |ST| (Read the staff posts before commenting!)

Yes he obviously knew about the NWC new game but this is not really a sensational news on its own, now you throw some Switch 2 tease/leak on it then it goes viral

Our bird is smart and know what he is doing
of course you say that. You're wrong but that's okay.

Yes he obviously knew about the NWC new game but this is not really a sensational news on its own, now you throw some Switch 2 tease/leak on it then it goes viral

You as we discussed the same wishful thinking reading too much on that obvious Tweet
Nothing to add besides the NES Remix successor coming to Switch

Yes and what he did was successfully troll people like yourself who desperately wanted to interpret his hint as being about the Switch 2. Hence him later saying "This is literally Nintendo World Championship NES Edition".

Oh God. Are we back to the Pyoro NWC Tweet again? feel like we're in an episode of It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia.

tenor.gif

Why can’t we just go back to talking about Scrolling Shoulder Buttons like the all the cool kids are doing? What if they're magnetic too? Wouldn't that be awesome?

Oh God. Are we back to the Pyoro NWC Tweet again? feel like we're in an episode of It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia.

tenor.gif

Why can’t we just go back to talking about Scrolling Shoulder Buttons like the all the cool kids are doing? What if they're magnetic too? Wouldn't that be awesome?
Pyoro Silvia, this name keeps comin' up over and over and over again. Every day Pyoro's tweets getting sent to the thread. Pyoro Silvia, Pyoro Silvia, I look at the site, this whole thread is Pyoro Silvia!

Whose excited for the 3AM Switch 2 launch trailer: Investor Meeting Edition featuring Super Mario Kingdom, Zelda: Ocarina of Time Remake, Metroid Prime 4 and Mario Kart 10? 😛

Whose excited for the 3AM Switch 2 launch trailer: Investor Meeting Edition featuring Super Mario Kingdom, Zelda: Ocarina of Time Remake, Metroid Prime 4 and Mario Kart 10? 😛
I'd laugh so hard if the Switch 2 trailer came out when most of this forum was asleep lol

How much will this thread panic tomorrow if there's no announcement/hint in the earnings report?
The number of new pages created by despair or joy will be identical.

The Thread cannot distinguish between pleasure or pain, only the intensity. The Thread must live. The Thread must eat.

The Thread shall eat well tonight.

I've been thinking about "Switch Attach" and while it's an atrocious name for a brand new console, it's got me thinking: what if Nintendo made a smart watch that works with the next Switch?
  • Check the time
  • Check the status of your downloads
  • Check Nintendo News app
  • Make purchases on the eShop
  • Play minigames that are unlocked by buying select first party titles and earn ingame currency without having to play on your Switch
  • Serves as an extra controller for less demanding games like Mario Kart and Mario Party

Sort of like the Pokewalker but works across multiple games.

I've been thinking about "Switch Attach" and while it's an atrocious name for a brand new console, it's got me thinking: what if Nintendo made a smart watch that works with the next Switch?
  • Check the time
  • Play minigames that are unlocked by buying select first party titles and earn ingame currency without having to play on your Switch
  • Serves as an extra controller for less demanding games like Mario Kart and Mario Party

- Also when you walk past someone else with a Switch Watch, the street pass app goes off!

• Check the time

It'd be a nonstarter to most people who aren't kids. People aren't gonna ditch Apple Watches for that. People who aren't wearing smart watches need to be convinced on them in the first place.

I think the one peripheral Nintendo could make that would inherently compete with an existing market and potentially still do well would be wireless headphones/earbuds. I was happy when they added Bluetooth support, but the latency is very noticable and the quality isn't great on every set I've tried. Sony seems to agree there could be a market here going by their new PULSE lineup targeted at PS5 owners.

Hey folks, so I got another random tech question. I was trying to do some research on the wii for a little project I'm doing and I needed to gather some info about it's hardware, specifically the GDDR3 RAM. I know It's not really breaking news that we don't have much detailed info about the wii’s hardware, particularly on the memory end. However the little that I could find doesn't make too much sense to me. For example this link on Tech PowerUp, which seems to be a decent site as far as I can tell in terms of gathering info on gaming hardware, has its bandwidth at 3.9 gb/s. But that's not really the part that I find confusing.

See, I was trying to compare the bandwidth on the wii with the bandwidth on the gamecube, and for that, the same site has the gamecubes bandwidth at 1.3 GB per sec. Which would be 1/3 of the wii's GDDR3's bandwidth. The problem with this, is that this is the bandwidth for the 16 MB of ARAM. This portion of the gamecube's RAM was criticized from the beginning to for being incredibly slow. and not just slow, but mainly being used for audio and as a buffer for the disc drive. Apparently the CPU and GPU didn't have any access to it, so why would it need such a bandwidth at that speed? I'm not exactly sure how accurate that is, and if it is the case why would you dedicate a significant chunk of the total overall memory for such limited tasks?

- Also when you walk past someone else with a Switch Watch, the street pass app goes off!
You know how during COVID there was an exposure notification thing using your phone's Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) signal? I'd like to see Nintendo repurpose that for Street Pass using the NSO app or something.

They aren't going to get most people to wear a peripheral all day. But turning your phone into one? Could be interesting.

Made a Paint mockup

EPhgkHg.png

You could detach the strap and hold it horizontally like a Joy-Con

Virtual Joystick would be enabled for compatible games like Mario Kart and Party, but the screen would have a lot of other uses

It'd be a nonstarter to most people who aren't kids. People aren't gonna ditch Apple Watches for that. People who aren't wearing smart watches need to be convinced on them in the first place.
It would be quite affordable so I think that would help with mass adoption. I'm thinking around 60-70.

Which Twitter account or website usually gives the best Nintendo investor meeting updates and translations?

I don’t want to wake up in the morning and scroll through a bunch of message boards to figure what was said.

So, where would y’all recommend I check first thing in the morning?

Which Twitter account or website usually gives the best Nintendo investor meeting updates and translations?

I don’t want to wake up in the morning and scroll through a bunch of message boards to figure what was said.

SerkanToto

I see a few people gave you some Twitter handles to check out. As far as websites go, GoNintendo.com posts all the information and slides as well!

Well, which American here will stay up for the report?
I'll probably be here at the time it drops.

Not because I'm waiting for the report but because I'm in the pacific timezone so I tend to be up that late anyway.

I'll get to see the doom, and the ever-present song of the abyss will lull me to sleep.

Hey folks, so I got another random tech question. I was trying to do some research on the wii for a little project I'm doing and I needed to gather some info about it's hardware, specifically the GDDR3 RAM. I know It's not really breaking news that we don't have much detailed info about the wii’s hardware, particularly on the memory end. However the little that I could find doesn't make too much sense to me. For example this link on Tech PowerUp, which seems to be a decent site as far as I can tell in terms of gathering info on gaming hardware, has its bandwidth at 3.9 gb/s. But that's not really the part that I find confusing.

See, I was trying to compare the bandwidth on the wii with the bandwidth on the gamecube, and for that, the same site has the gamecubes bandwidth at 1.3 GB per sec. Which would be 1/3 of the wii's GDDR3's bandwidth. The problem with this, is that this is the bandwidth for the 16 MB of ARAM. This portion of the gamecube's RAM was criticized from the beginning to for being incredibly slow. and not just slow, but mainly being used for audio and as a buffer for the disc drive. Apparently the CPU and GPU didn't have any access to it, so why would it need such a bandwidth at that speed? I'm not exactly sure how accurate that is, and if it is the case why would you dedicate a significant chunk of the total overall memory for such limited tasks?
So to be clear, you’re asking why they dedicated that for the Audio? And why was it 1.3GB/s?

It’s true that the ARAM (Auxiliary RAM) was pretty private and not really to be accessed by many other components for the system, but it had a bandwidth of 81MB/s.

The design of the GCN was a direct response to many of the criticism of the Nintendo 64. Remember with the Nintendo 64, it was competition for resources in its unified memory pool, and the GCN had non-unified memory making up the system.

The CPU to GPU was 1.3GB/s, the GPU to the 24MB of 1T-SRAM was at 2.6GB/s though.

They laughted at me, everyone laughted when I was always expecting June Direct last year or Zelda trailer month before release. Now, we are only mere 2 hours until Nintendo acknowledges new console via press release.

Acknowledgement feels like a lock. But... also will feel kinda empty after the fact lol.

Hopefully we get some insight into second half switch games or something too.

Acknowledgement feels like a lock. But... also will feel kinda empty after the fact lol.

Hopefully we get some insight into second half switch games or something too.
Will it actually feel empty if they confirm it's out this fiscal year though? We've been waiting for this for years.

Please read this staff post before posting.

Furthermore, according to this follow-up post, all off-topic chat will be moderated.
Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom