• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Future Nintendo Hardware & Technology Speculation & Discussion |ST| (Read the staff posts before commenting!)

This is Furukawa, President of Nintendo. We will make an announcement about the successor to Nintendo Switch within this fiscal year. It will have been over nine years since we announced the existence of Nintendo Switch back in March 2015. We will be holding a Nintendo Direct this June regarding the Nintendo Switch software lineup for the latter half of 2024, but please be aware that there will be no mention of the Nintendo Switch successor during that presentation.

Announcement within the fiscal year but no indication if it will be releasing this fiscal year....... Also notable they are explicitly saying the June Direct won't be about the Switch successor.

YEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
tenor.gif

Nintendo confirm they will anounce Nintendo Switch sucessor in this fiscal year and confirm the next Nintendo Direct for june

I feel that being the first one that posted the official confirmation of Switch 2 from Nintendo in this topic is quite an achievement for myself. 😉

Nintendo will push NG Switch acknowledgment as far back as possible because current downtrend is not as bad as a Wii U 2016

Wow all my doom and gloom just went and vanished, THE ONE PIECE IS REAL FAMI FAM and also is this the earliest we ever had Nintendo Direct announcement

Announcement within the fiscal year but no indication if it will be releasing this fiscal year....... Also notable they are explicitly saying the June Direct won't be about the Switch successor.
I mean let's not assume that it won't release this fiscal year. No rumor has implied it will release beyond March 2025(at least not yet).

Overall I also want to temper expectations, I think it is in purpose they are announcing an announcement for the FY but not the console to hit end of this FY. Which gives them the opportunity to delay it further. But I guess even then we would see it hit shelves by June 25 latest now.
And they will try to push it into the current fiscal year to improve financials if feasible.

So most probable timeline in my opinion is:

June - Switch 1 Direct
September - Switch 2 trailer
November - more on Switch 2
January - campaign kicks off
March - launch

the drop in sales is to be expected, people will hold off on buying a switch once they announce the successor, and if it drops in march like rumored, then thats way too late to provide a lot of sales for this FY

That probably means they are planning for an october Switch 2 reveal trailer and a january 2025 blowout like with Switch 1.

This is Furukawa, President of Nintendo. We will make an announcement about the successor to Nintendo Switch within this fiscal year. It will have been over nine years since we announced the existence of Nintendo Switch back in March 2015. We will be holding a Nintendo Direct this June regarding the Nintendo Switch software lineup for the latter half of 2024, but please be aware that there will be no mention of the Nintendo Switch successor during that presentation.

username checks out :cool:

FINALLY ACKNOWLEDGING THE THING EXISTS. Switch 2 will evolve from vapourware to an actual upcoming product???

YOOOOOO GOD DAMN THIS IS MORE THAN I EXPECTED! FINALLY!! Man at best the roof of my expectations was just saying it exists and they'll talk about it later but this is so much more! Within this finacial year they'll talk about it and now we KNOW of a direct in June for the Switch 1 heck yeah! I am PUMPED

I mean let's not assume that it won't release this fiscal year. No rumor has implied it will release beyond March 2025(at least not yet).
Based on how things went with the Switch, I'd consider October the cutoff point. If they don't reveal the thing before November then it's safe to assume it's not coming out as early as March.

It's nice how they announced Direct this fsr in advance, this only happened I think once when Iwata passed away and in October Kimishima said there is Direct later in the year

Gentlemen, it has been an honour watching you speculate and discuss this potential successor. And now it's finally materialized into something official. 4 years of endless discussion and speculation, on ERA then Famiboards, have led up to this. It is now time for us to end this soon.

Please read this staff post before posting.

Furthermore, according to this follow-up post, all off-topic chat will be moderated.
Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom