• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Xenoblade 3 |ST| Σ Become One

I hate clicking the right stick so I never used dash in battle. I hope there's a button reassignment option I'm missing. It doesn't seem to have much utility unless youre a healer class needing to revive someone though ?

It's useful on bigger enemies if you want to shift positions too imo. Like starting on a side attack and moving to the back. Some enemies also back away from you when using attacks, so I found it useful to close the gap.

It's useful on bigger enemies if you want to shift positions too imo. Like starting on a side attack and moving to the back. Some enemies also back away from you when using attacks, so I found it useful to close the gap.
this this this

I don't want to Start Shit but I don't find the game much of a looker

The main character models are well done and the backgrounds are gorgeous, but the textures of the actual terrain you walk on are all pretty samey. Grass doesn't feel like grass, rock doesn't feel like rock, they all just feel like "Xenoblade ground"

I also think the character animations can be a bit lacking. I would have gladly taken a reduction in game scope for a little more attention to detail for things like that (okay that's gotta be blasphemy I'll go now I'm sorry)
Nah, that's all fair. Where Xenoblade 3 shines is how good far off terrain looks; it's night and day with something like BotW (which in turn trounces XC3 on things like nearby grass). Xenoblade Chronicles has always been set up to impress most with those sweet views from high up, and they really delivered this time. But that doesn't mean everything is great.

I was today years old when I found out Mio's voice actor is Esme fookin' Shelby in Peaky Blinders. And Sketch in Skins.
She sure has range!
She's also Ranni in Elden Ring, making her voice probably my two favorite characters in gaming this year

All I’m seeing for these cutscene skipping stories is that y’all are IMPATIENT!!

😂
In my defense, with the final boss door, I chose not to proceed the first time so I could save, then it was the second time viewing the dialogue that I thought it would be okay to skip. I was wrong lol

I was today years old when I found out Mio's voice actor is Esme fookin' Shelby in Peaky Blinders. And Sketch in Skins.
She sure has range!
Wait holy shit

Wanna have your minds blown further

Edit: damn @SammyJ9 beat me to it!

B5D8317D-D310-421E-BFC9-B07A34D7FCB6.jpeg

I found another thing to fix, in a post game cutscene there is a mouse cursor on screen. They did a Pokémon SwSh lol.

Post game spoilers of course
bcs68tO.jpg

I don't want to Start Shit but I don't find the game much of a looker

The main character models are well done and the backgrounds are gorgeous, but the textures of the actual terrain you walk on are all pretty samey. Grass doesn't feel like grass, rock doesn't feel like rock, they all just feel like "Xenoblade ground"

I also think the character animations can be a bit lacking. I would have gladly taken a reduction in game scope for a little more attention to detail for things like that (okay that's gotta be blasphemy I'll go now I'm sorry)

When it looks good it looks really good, like the grassy lands in the Fornis region and the water lakes in Pantelas. Mostly because the enviroment surrounding all the area looks complex and interesting. However, it's pretty inconsistent and in the most closed spaces it can look bad. Most disappointing areas for me for me have to be
The "forest" just before Keeves castle which is a pretty small area with a few trees here and there, the sword ascension where texture work looks awful and you don't even enjoy some nive views and the whole sea at chapter 5 which looks pretty ugly overall.
Also, the lighting some times its pretty weird and models can be over illuminated making them bright too much in an otherwise dark area. However, I must say the
city
looks pretty nice.

Last edited:
Just starting the last chapter at a casual 95 hours game time.

This game has me hooked in a way no game has in a very long time. Generally when I get to 60ish hours I start getting burnt out, but here I’m still finding myself wanting to do every side quest I see, even more so than I was with Xenoblade X.

Honestly not sure if I should just beeline the rest of the main story and save all the remaining side stuff for the post game or keep doing all the side content as I go.

Was listening to youtube music in the truck and it just rolled into a 30min "extended" version of the Chain Attack music LIKE I HAVENT ALREADY HEARD IT ENOUGH 😅

So, newbie style question, is it worth it to attack the docile animals in the game? One would assume they drop unique items but if they don't I'd rather not attack innocent creatures minding their business lol

So, newbie style question, is it worth it to attack the docile animals in the game? One would assume they drop unique items but if they don't I'd rather not attack innocent creatures minding their business lol
I mean, besides the drops that they have there's not much other benefit

Drops are mostly useful for quests and gem crafting, so unless you run into a specific need for one of those there's no real reason to go out of your way to fight the docile creatures.

It's not really required for like, maintaining a proper level or anything. The ones with sparkly names will drop more loot, which is only really helpful if you want to fill collectopaedia cards or max out gems (which will get to a point of near-impossibility at some point anyway), and the ones with the blue wing thingies on their names will give you EXP/CP boosts which is helpful but in my experience those tend to aggro you anyway.

So if you want to let them be, I'd say let them be. You get exp and stuff from doing anything in this game, especially exploring. So killing everything is not necessary. Let nature live! 👍

I mean, besides the drops that they have there's not much other benefit

Drops are mostly useful for quests and gem crafting, so unless you run into a specific need for one of those there's no real reason to go out of your way to fight the docile creatures.
Ah thanks, I was asking specifically because I'm missing items for gems and I was wondering if it's cause I wasn't attacking the more docile monsters.

It's not really required for like, maintaining a proper level or anything. The ones with sparkly names will drop more loot, which is only really helpful if you want to fill collectopaedia cards or max out gems (which will get to a point of near-impossibility at some point anyway), and the ones with the blue wing thingies on their names will give you EXP/CP boosts which is helpful but in my experience those tend to aggro you anyway.

So if you want to let them be, I'd say let them be. You get exp and stuff from doing anything in this game, especially exploring. So killing everything is not necessary. Let nature live! 👍
Thanks for the reply. For the docile monsters, they never attack me even if they're rare, above my level, have the blue wings over their heads, etc. I'm specifically referring to the creatures that are minding their business and never want to fight. I feel so bad attacking them lol. I think based on these replies I'll just let them be.

Ah thanks, I was asking specifically because I'm missing items for gems and I was wondering if it's cause I wasn't attacking the more docile monsters.
It depends on what items you're missing. If you need eg "Camill Juice," those drop from Camill enemies, which are docile.

Well you can always check the name of the missing items if you want a specific gem, they'll usually have the creature name as part of the item name

Also, helpful tip, but you can just skip gem levels. Like, if you never get the materials for a Lvl 3 Gem, you can just skip ahead to lvl 4 if you have the materials for that

Well you can always check the name of the missing items if you want a specific gem, they'll usually have the creature name as part of the item name

Also, helpful tip, but you can just skip gem levels. Like, if you never get the materials for a Lvl 3 Gem, you can just skip ahead to lvl 4 if you have the materials for that
lol 30 hours in and I didn't realize that. That's a huge help, thanks.

I'm in chapter 7, and its been a really fun experience. Just realized how to get the ascension quests to raise heroes level caps past 10, thought it was chapter tied till a short while ago...

I held back a lot on taking down random mobs on the way and its helped a lot in keeping my game somewhat close in level (only about 10 or so above everything now but I have like 10 or so in rest XP if I used it).

At this point I think I enjoyed XC2 story a slight bit more but XC3 has been enjoyable in its own way.

I can finally browse this thread without fear of being spoiled since I managed to finish the game just now!
Took about 90 hrs, this is by far the longest it's taken me to finish a jrpg!

Which is a huge compliment as it means I enjoyed doing the side quests teehee.
I did have to stop doing those at some point because I wanted to not burn out and lose that enjoyment.

But man, what a game! I thought Triangle Strategy would be my GOTY this year, but XB3 honestly stole the show!

It might be my favorite game in general now even!

WHAT A GAME
(now im off to browse the thread ehehehe)

I can finally browse this thread without fear of being spoiled since I managed to finish the game just now!
Took about 90 hrs, this is by far the longest it's taken me to finish a jrpg!

Which is a huge compliment as it means I enjoyed doing the side quests teehee.
I did have to stop doing those at some point because I wanted to not burn out and lose that enjoyment.

But man, what a game! I thought Triangle Strategy would be my GOTY this year, but XB3 honestly stole the show!

It might be my favorite game in general now even!

WHAT A GAME
(now im off to browse the thread ehehehe)
Welcome! Agreed!

What a game. What a series.

Just beat Y at Colony Omega. Really do not see why it's so bad outside of some things needing more buildup, I'm greatly enjoying the plot and characters. Despite what people have said about Chapter 7 I'm still expecting the momentum to keep up.

Did X and Y just die like that, no ctuscene or anything? I was kinda expecting more exposition from them
Sorry for the late tag since I just finished the game but

this was actually so weird?? It's like the game ran out of energy to give them a proper ending.
I was especially expecting X to get a bigger part, kinda like how big Shania got her screen time.

What made the X fight even funnier, was that once I beat her, Sena started doing sit ups, and Mio started talking about saving the game while you hear X dying in the background. 😂

Last edited:

this was actually so weird?? It's like the game ran out of energy to give them a proper ending.
I was especially expecting X to get a bigger part, kinda like how big Shania got her screen time.

What made the X fight even funnier, was that once I beat her. Sena started doing dit ups, and Mio started talking about saving the game while you hear X dying in the background. 😂

I actually started to run toward the next section expecting a cutscene or something, but no I just keep moving and hearing their dead speech and actually had to return to the room to see if I missed something lol

What made the X fight even funnier, was that once I beat her. Sena started doing dit ups, and Mio started talking about saving the game while you hear X dying in the background. 😂
I posted about this too, legit felt like my game bugged out so I looked it up on Youtube to make sure lol. Guess they ran out of time there.

One thing I really appreciate about this game is how relatively fast the load times are for such a massive game on the Switch.

Considering the sheer amount of stuff that needs to be loaded in when fast traveling or loading a file, and how long loading can be in other large scale games on the system, it is almost miraculous how quickly it gets you into the action, some very impressive work from Monolith Soft in this regard.

Last edited:
Aaand that's a wrap!

Huh, I can see why that ending rubs people the wrong way. Personally, I didn't mind the whole ending that much though it is definitely probably the worst ending out of the mainline Xenobldade games. Honestly, the story as a whole, or at least the main narrative, is probably the weakest in the series, though the characters and side content do go a long way to making up for that. Overall, I'd probably rank the game on par with 2, maybe a bit lower, and a good deal higher than 1. But I might come back to that after my thoughts settle.

That being said, did absolutely love the game overall, I mean, it's my longest single playthrough of a game at nearly 100 hours. Definitely my GoTY at the moment and has a good chance of retaining that title by the end of the year.

How I’m feeling rn lol

Making my way through Chapter 5 at almost 70 hours in. The story is getting me back after dragging for a little bit.

Bosses in Xenoblade absolutely have too much hp for how boring and uninteractive they are, it's not that bad of a take.

I've been going through the soundtrack on YouTube, and it's struck me how little I've listened to the night version of tracks, just because the default fast travel changes your time to day (I know you can change it before traveling, but I'd guess most people don't do that). Some really fantastic songs.

I've been going through the soundtrack on YouTube, and it's struck me how little I've listened to the night version of tracks, just because the default fast travel changes your time to day (I know you can change it before traveling, but I'd guess most people don't do that). Some really fantastic songs.
Yeah that's a big shame because the night tracks are usually better than the day tracks in this game.

Just beat Y at Colony Omega. Really do not see why it's so bad outside of some things needing more buildup, I'm greatly enjoying the plot and characters. Despite what people have said about Chapter 7 I'm still expecting the momentum to keep up.

Let's hear your thoughts midway through Chapter 7

I feel like the bosses were tested by people doing NG+ with all the art/skill/equipment slots unlocked. The later game bosses are fine, it's the early ones who are too damage spongey

I feel like the bosses were tested by people doing NG+ with all the art/skill/equipment slots unlocked. The later game bosses are fine, it's the early ones who are too damage spongey
I actually had a thought the other day about this.

I got pretty over-levelled at some point and started wiping up bosses and UMs relatively easily, and noticed a lot of the music cues would barely have time to trigger before I was done. I started wondering if the bosses were deliberately made to be damage sponges just to give the music time to breathe. 😅

I just finished Tales of Arise and XBC3 and there are a surprising amount of plot points that are really similar. It was really weird.

I’m still working my way through slowly I haven’t had a good day in a while where I was able to sit down and make good progress but I had a question

So I just made it into the prison island and met Ghondor(sp?) for the first time. That’s not really related but I’ve seen some people mention stuff about Chapter 6/7 in the way that makes me scared I’m potentially approaching a point of no return in that like if I don’t complete some stuff before the end of Chapter 5 I might not be able to go back to them? So things like hero/ascension/etc quests.

I don’t remember there being anything similar in the other xenoblade games before and I’ve been avoiding a lot of the discussion since the first 3 days post release, but I wanted to ask just in case. Just a yes or no answer for if there’s a point of no return (other than the final chapter/boss stuff of course).

Now I guess building off of that I’ve sort of got an idea of what might be coming soon but I’m not sure.

So I’m pretty sure I remember seeing someone mentioning something about the map changing or being recontextualized in Chapter 6? Also I feel like there’s been a lot of surprise/excitement about the end of Chapter 5/start of 6. Maybe I didn’t understand them but that got me thinking about Ethel and Cammuravi, like obviously I already have Ethel’s class but her Hero character is locked as she’s currently dead and the new her is in that pod, and then Cammuravi is in a similar situation but he appears to be the second to last class/Hero.

So I’m thinking that there’s some sort of reset coming for the main party of 6, like will they fail and they die/the world gets reset or something but on this second loop they like start to remember what happened sooner in some way? I don’t know if that’s really feasible or makes sense but the way that might impact quests had me worry.

Now I’m probably way off and this worry is for nothing but I think they showed a full moon and said that’s when executions take place and that whole thing plus Mio’s quickly approaching 10 terms plus the general tone of the game has put me on edge and my stressed brain started thinking of ways to bring Ethel/Cammuravi back while also incorporating the whole rebirth thing into the actual gameplay.

I’m still working my way through slowly I haven’t had a good day in a while where I was able to sit down and make good progress but I had a question

So I just made it into the prison island and met Ghondor(sp?) for the first time. That’s not really related but I’ve seen some people mention stuff about Chapter 6/7 in the way that makes me scared I’m potentially approaching a point of no return in that like if I don’t complete some stuff before the end of Chapter 5 I might not be able to go back to them? So things like hero/ascension/etc quests.

I don’t remember there being anything similar in the other xenoblade games before and I’ve been avoiding a lot of the discussion since the first 3 days post release, but I wanted to ask just in case. Just a yes or no answer for if there’s a point of no return (other than the final chapter/boss stuff of course).

Now I guess building off of that I’ve sort of got an idea of what might be coming soon but I’m not sure.

So I’m pretty sure I remember seeing someone mentioning something about the map changing or being recontextualized in Chapter 6? Also I feel like there’s been a lot of surprise/excitement about the end of Chapter 5/start of 6. Maybe I didn’t understand them but that got me thinking about Ethel and Cammuravi, like obviously I already have Ethel’s class but her Hero character is locked as she’s currently dead and the new her is in that pod, and then Cammuravi is in a similar situation but he appears to be the second to last class/Hero.

So I’m thinking that there’s some sort of reset coming for the main party of 6, like will they fail and they die/the world gets reset or something but on this second loop they like start to remember what happened sooner in some way? I don’t know if that’s really feasible or makes sense but the way that might impact quests had me worry.

Now I’m probably way off and this worry is for nothing but I think they showed a full moon and said that’s when executions take place and that whole thing plus Mio’s quickly approaching 10 terms plus the general tone of the game has put me on edge and my stressed brain started thinking of ways to bring Ethel/Cammuravi back while also incorporating the whole rebirth thing into the actual gameplay.
The only point of no return in the game is right before the final boss fight, and the game specifically tells you when you hit it.

So, I just wanted to talk about something

WHAT WAS UP WITH THAT SPLIT SECOND IMAGE OF REX AND THREE BABIES

I want it erased from my mind and my eyes tbh 😭

Also Nia saying something like, I'll see you soon orsth.. does that imply Rex and Co are still alive? Didn't like 1000 years pass in Aionios? Or is it BECAUSE the world was in stasis that no time went by? 🤔🤔

Does Schreier still do reviews after moving to Bloomberg? I'm surprised he played the game at all if he didn't have to considering he had a miserable experience with the previous games.

On topic of the bosses, I played on normal so my experience will be different than others. I did think the early bosses had too much health and everything felt like chip damage. But as the game progressed, I understood the systems better, and I could reliably get all five rounds of a chain attack, I ended up shredding through most bosses. They only needed to get to half health then I would demolish the rest with a chain attack.

I was one level lower than the final boss and beat it with no problem or even being in fear of dying. I did the main six's ascension quests before the final dungeon so everyone was back in their original classes nearing rank 20, Eunie's ourboros's skill that gives a damage bonus per buff on your allies was linked to Taion's ouroboros, and Fiona was my hero serving up non-stop buffs. I always prioritized Eunie and Taion in chain attacks to get rid of defense (which can go into the negatives with Noah's chain order) and end with one of their ouroboroses to get the buff damage bonus. I did think some of the phases of the final boss were annoying but more in a gimmicky way than a difficult way. But that was all on normal, I'll do a hard mode playthrough eventually.

Rather than NG+, I think it was made with optimized parties in mind. Going from "the party I want to level up" to maxed classes with well thought synergy and setup makes a huge difference.

Problem is, we don't want to waste CP and I don't have the patience to fix the load out everytime I change classes/heros, since that happens a lot.

Beat chapter 6, I really don't know what to expect now.
From the way people talk about the game, chapter 7 seems crazy and kind of love it or hate it, I'm really curious now and I think it's going to be the make or break moment for me to see if I'll like the game more than the first one.

From the way people talk about the game, chapter 7 seems crazy and kind of love it or hate it, I'm really curious now and I think it's going to be the make or break moment for me to see if I'll like the game more than the first one.
Ha, I just came in to say basically this. Really enjoyed the ending of chapter 6. Really loved when Drifting Souls kicked in. Excited to see the ending, most likely this weekend.

I beat the game earlier today...with 152 hours on my save file. Went a little overboard with side content lol. Still have a little to do before calling it a wrap, but completing this 100% before Splatoon 3 actually ended up being doable for me.

Not sure where it ranks compared to 1 and 2 for me, but they're all some of my favorite games. We really don't deserve Monolith Soft.

So, I just wanted to talk about something

WHAT WAS UP WITH THAT SPLIT SECOND IMAGE OF REX AND THREE BABIES

I want it erased from my mind and my eyes tbh 😭

Also Nia saying something like, I'll see you soon orsth.. does that imply Rex and Co are still alive? Didn't like 1000 years pass in Aionios? Or is it BECAUSE the world was in stasis that no time went by? 🤔🤔
I went from "OMG Poppi!" to "wait what the fuck" in like 5 seconds lmao.
It's not that black and white for all of us. I agree with a lot of the criticisms of chapter 7 I've seen, but I still loved the actual ending.

Back
Top Bottom