• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Xenoblade 3 |ST| Σ Become One

One thing that has been a pet peeve of mine is the English VA's terrible stilted speech in some of their lines. They seem to specifically struggle with Oxford commas in their deliveries. The lines tend get hung up around those commas that don't need a pause yet get a substantive one due to seemingly poor voice directing.

I'd gladly give my time away for free to review these things if it would improve translated dialogue.

Stopped after beating D and before going back to the City. Still really enjoying the game, though I do have a question; assuming I beeline it straight to the end, how much time do I have left? I know about the big fetch quest and the final boss taking forever, so times for how long those specifically take would also be appreciated.

Just beat Sena's Ascension Quest
I think I don't like Ghondor very much.
it kinda hurts knowing that if only she had had a kinder way with words, this whole Shania thing could've been avoided tbh :*)

but I guess Ghondor had her own issues to deal with /shrugs

Its also funny how this was Sena's quest and she barely had any focus in it. XD

Just completed all UMs, level 20 classes and level X gems. Wew that was a long grind.

What a game! Now just waiting for the DLC update.

I’m Hoping the DLC changes the battle system in some way. I don’t like it as much as 2, not saying it’s bad tho. I think it’s cause we don’t really de-buff, don’t think I can ever attach one to any boss lol, buffing tho works. Also the lack of Affinity levels which i liked, tho that might be a minority.

it kinda hurts knowing that if only she had had a kinder way with words, this whole Shania thing could've been avoided tbh :*)

but I guess Ghondor had her own issues to deal with /shrugs

Its also funny how this was Sena's quest and she barely had any focus in it. XD
Not gonna lie, Sena feels more like Melia from XC1 because she doesn't get much screen time.
Just completed all UMs, level 20 classes and level X gems. Wew that was a long grind.

What a game! Now just waiting for the DLC update.
Now you can upgrade all Soulhacker's skills and arts! /s
On more serious note, can you suggest a good spot for farming classes?

Just beat Sena's Ascension Quest
I think I don't like Ghondor very much.
I feel like a lot of people aren’t reading Ghondor and Shania’s relationship as intended. At first the flashbacks from Shania’s memories that we see make Ghondor out to be just an asshole to her, but later on when we see the one where Ghondor praises Shania’s art skills and tells her that that’s where she should focus her passion, the picture becomes more clear; Shania, like many would in situations like hers, always focused on the negative things, both when it comes to herself and the things that happen to her (even if those things were misconstrued by her to be more negative than they really were, as with the earlier flashbacks with Ghondor taken out of full context), while failing to see the positives. It’s a very relatable feeling and I’m probably not conveying it super well here, but that’s why Shania was one of the best characters in the game to me, and Ghondor as well for that matter. Some are reading it as Ghondor just being a shitty friend, but I read it as Shania viewing it as such because she can only see the negatives, if that makes sense. The game makes it clear that Ghondor did care, and the two were longtime friends, so I imagine the majority of their interactions were probably positive like the scene about Shania’s drawing, even if Shania began to struggle to see that due to the trauma she experiences.

Last edited:
Not gonna lie, Sena feels more like Melia from XC1 because she doesn't get much screen time.

Now you can upgrade all Soulhacker's skills and arts! /s
On more serious note, can you suggest a good spot for farming classes?

I'm about halfway to the Soulhacker upgrades but might do it at a much later time when I plan to go full Soulhacker party. As for farming class levels, what I did is to farm Silver Nopon Coins to the strongest superboss while using classes that needed ranking up. The level gap should always guarantee huge CP gains every round, plus the Nopon Coins can do background rank ups in parallel.

I feel like a lot of people aren’t reading Ghondor and Shania’s relationship as intended. At first the flashbacks from Shania’s memories that we see make Ghondor out to be just an asshole to her, but later on when we see the one where Ghondor praises Shania’s art skills and tells her that that’s where she should focus her passion, the picture becomes more clear; Shania, like many would be in situations like hers, always focused on the negative things, both when it comes to herself and the things that happen to her (even if those things were misconstrued by her to be more negative than they really were, as with the earlier flashbacks with Ghondor taken out of full context), while failing to see the positives. It’s a very relatable feeling and I’m probably not conveying it super well here, but that’s why Shania was one of the best characters in the game to me, and Ghondor as well for that matter. Some are reading it as Ghondor just being a shitty friend, but I read it as Shania viewing it as such because she can only see the negatives, if that makes sense. The game makes it clear that Ghondor did care, and the two were longtime friends, so I imagine the majority of their interactions were probably positive like the scene about Shania’s drawing, even if Shania began to struggle to see that due to the trauma she experiences.
Thanks for the explanation, I just think that the game doesn't show it very well. I think it would be better if they showed us a little flashback montage where they just hang out, it would really help to understand their relationship better.

I feel like a lot of people aren’t reading Ghondor and Shania’s relationship as intended. At first the flashbacks from Shania’s memories that we see make Ghondor out to be just an asshole to her, but later on when we see the one where Ghondor praises Shania’s art skills and tells her that that’s where she should focus her passion, the picture becomes more clear; Shania, like many would in situations like hers, always focused on the negative things, both when it comes to herself and the things that happen to her (even if those things were misconstrued by her to be more negative than they really were, as with the earlier flashbacks with Ghondor taken out of full context), while failing to see the positives. It’s a very relatable feeling and I’m probably not conveying it super well here, but that’s why Shania was one of the best characters in the game to me, and Ghondor as well for that matter. Some are reading it as Ghondor just being a shitty friend, but I read it as Shania viewing it as such because she can only see the negatives, if that makes sense. The game makes it clear that Ghondor did care, and the two were longtime friends, so I imagine the majority of their interactions were probably positive like the scene about Shania’s drawing, even if Shania began to struggle to see that due to the trauma she experiences.
Yeah, Shania was trained to look at herself negatively, and I think that bled into the way she looked at others, especially the ones she cared about.

Yeah, Shania was trained to look at herself negatively, and I think that bled into the way she looked at others, especially the ones she cared about.
I get that, and it definitely helped me understand her more. On the other hand though, the game does almost nothing aside from that one brief scene to get me to like Ghondor at all.

I get that, and it definitely helped me understand her more. On the other hand though, the game does almost nothing aside from that one brief scene to get me to like Ghondor at all.
I didn't care much about her until her delivery of the line "AHOY YA DAGS" and suddenly I was just totally on board. I don't know why, just was. 😅

holy shit what the fuck

Ok a lot to process, that whole sequence from the end of Chapter 5 to The Agnus queen fight was a rollercoaster. Need to find out what’s going on but also can I get playable long hair Noah

Last edited:
I like Ghodor a lot, she’s probably one of my favorite characters. I was skeptical, but fully won over when she arrives in chapter 6. She also shines in a bunch of side quests both serious and silly like in Sena’s and Miyabi’s ascension quests respectively.

Not a character trait, but her class is my favorite to play as with the right gem and accessory load out.

The combat would be so much better if different enemies were needed to be fought differently to success... as it is, once you get your combat flowchart with your arts, that same flowchart can be applied to any enemy no matter what. The only difference is how hard they hit and how many HP they have. My only motivation for combat right now is seeing how big the number can it gets with a single attack, because other than that is irrelevant most of it.

You have ether attacks and physical attacks, at least make enemies weaker to one's or the other as a extremely basic premise in addition the enemy types. It's not even fun that most bosses aren't even affected by debuffs at all, making units especialized in them just irrelevant to the strategy and limiting everything to how hard your attacks can hit. I would change the combo system and the chain attacks for a more conscious strategic approach that would make fighting different monsters feel, in fact, different and different types of attacks could sinergize with others in relation to the monster class type instead to go for the classic brain-dead combo.

But I guess just having the possibility of controlling 1/7 of the decisions of a battle doesn't allow them to go any deeper that what already is here.

Last edited:
I’m Hoping the DLC changes the battle system in some way. I don’t like it as much as 2, not saying it’s bad tho. I think it’s cause we don’t really de-buff, don’t think I can ever attach one to any boss lol, buffing tho works. Also the lack of Affinity levels which i liked, tho that might be a minority.
all of the expansions have altered the battle system in some way. it will again.

So Ghondor just… has a couple Tirkin children now?
Ending spoiler
So Ghondor just… has a couple Tirkin children now?

Those Trikin better be reborn in the new world too. Trikin as a race deserves more.

I beat the game yesterday. I liked it a lot, but I think it ends up feeling like less than the sum of its parts in the end. I would probably rank it about on par with 2, which I also liked. Neither grabbed me as much as 1 (that game had a big impact on me due to time and place), and of course no Xeno game so far has touched Xenogears for me.

Also, I wish I could delete a certain image from the epilogue from my mind completely. What the fuck.

You have ether attacks and physical attacks, at least make enemies weaker to one's or the other as a extremely basic premise in addition the enemy types.
They already do. The main thing is the Ultimate Qigong skill makes physical attacks a lot more attractive than ether a majority of the time. According to Enel, Ultimate Qigong even makes physical defense go into the negatives if it was under 50%.

The combat would be so much better if different enemies were needed to be fought differently to success... as it is, once you get your combat flowchart with your arts, that same flowchart can be applied to any enemy no matter what. The only difference is how hard they hit and how many HP they have. My only motivation for combat right now is seeing how big the number can it gets with a single attack, because other than that is irrelevant most of it.

You have ether attacks and physical attacks, at least make enemies weaker to one's or the other as a extremely basic premise in addition the enemy types. It's not even fun that most bosses aren't even affected by debuffs at all, making units especialized in them just irrelevant to the strategy and limiting everything to how hard your attacks can hit. I would change the combo system and the chain attacks for a more conscious strategic approach that would make fighting different monsters feel, in fact, different and different types of attacks could sinergize with others in relation to the monster class type instead to go for the classic brain-dead combo.

But I guess just having the possibility of controlling 1/7 of the decisions of a battle doesn't allow them to go any deeper that what already is here.
The enemies ARE different, just not to a point that you need to adapt to their difference to win, it just takes significantly longer.

And the problem lies with the setup. If you make an enemy immune to physical attacks, for example, you're forcing the player to update their party to only uses ether attacks or pay for their insolence. Most players are simply not interested in spending 2 minutes observing the boss gimmicks and 3+ minutes formulating a strategy and redoing the setup before actually beating the boss (or redoing the cycle if your strategy failed).

In order for that to work they would have to put a lot more effort than they already did in streamlining and automating party setup (or making it way simpler). For example, you can build Zephyr Mio prioritizing: max evasion, max single target aggro, max AOE aggro, max accuracy or max damage. How long does it takes to change from one to another (arts, skills, gems, etc)? Now multiply by 6 and it's prohibitively long to do it per battle. And that's without accounting they don't have role or class fixed.

The enemies ARE different, just not to a point that you need to adapt to their difference to win, it just takes significantly longer.

And the problem lies with the setup. If you make an enemy immune to physical attacks, for example, you're forcing the player to update their party to only uses ether attacks or pay for their insolence. Most players are simply not interested in spending 2 minutes observing the boss gimmicks and 3+ minutes formulating a strategy and redoing the setup before actually beating the boss (or redoing the cycle if your strategy failed).

In order for that to work they would have to put a lot more effort than they already did in streamlining and automating party setup (or making it way simpler). For example, you can build Zephyr Mio prioritizing: max evasion, max single target aggro, max AOE aggro, max accuracy or max damage. How long does it takes to change from one to another (arts, skills, gems, etc)? Now multiply by 6 and it's prohibitively long to do it per battle. And that's without accounting they don't have role or class fixed.
A+ response just for that spoiler text, lol.

But yes, I agree absolutely. Especially with 6 party members the amount of menu tax that gives you is crazy high. They might be able to solve some of it with "loadouts", which is still something I want (like, you can save an entire party configuration of classes, equipment, gems, skills, etc. to a slot and then you can swap to it with the push of a single button) but that doesn't solve it entirely. I say leave that kind of min-maxing and setup and careful planning for the superbosses.

A+ response just for that spoiler text, lol.

But yes, I agree absolutely. Especially with 6 party members the amount of menu tax that gives you is crazy high. They might be able to solve some of it with "loadouts", which is still something I want (like, you can save an entire party configuration of classes, equipment, gems, skills, etc. to a slot and then you can swap to it with the push of a single button) but that doesn't solve it entirely. I say leave that kind of min-maxing and setup and careful planning for the superbosses.
Yeah, and another thing they could have done is make the accessories work like gems.

If during the last time I used Zephyr/Mio she had an Agility gem, when I get back to the Zephyr she will be equiped with the best Agility gem I have.

Since accessories are in limited quantity, not only she may not have access to the best version of the accessory for an auto-update, that specific accessory might be in someone else's setup and the slot comes empty.

With just that, we could have loadouts per characters which could be mixed for a good variety of parties, although each character/class combo would be mostly fixed.

I've always wanted these games to have the ability to scan an enemy and see all their stats and arts.
The frantic nature of the battles means that it can be hard to figure out where you're going wrong in the moment. Turn-based systems are much better for enemy gimmicks for this reason imo - it's just easier to comprehend and process.

60 hours in and how did I just realize this game has a built in screenshot function with L+R that also hides the battle HUD? Did I somehow miss that in a tutorial ? 😯

60 hours in and how did I just realize this game has a built in screenshot function with L+R that also hides the battle HUD? Did I somehow miss that in a tutorial ? 😯
Yes.

Though to be fair, there was a lot of tutorial. 😅

130 hours so far, almost beginning of chapter 6, doing every side quest i can find, revsisiting every colony periodically.

I think i'm doing it wrong.

Lvl 82 btw

130 hours so far, almost beginning of chapter 6, doing every side quest i can find, revsisiting every colony periodically.

I think i'm doing it wrong.

Lvl 82 btw
Similar here, early chapter 7 and am currently cleaning up old Colony 4 quests rather than saving the world, lol. World peace can wait for a few more sidequests ✌️

So, currently in Chapter 5. Game really started to escalate during the latter part of Chapter 4 and beginning of Chapter 5, huh?

Also the "totally no one could've seen this" revelation of N being OG(?) Noah and the silver one (forgot the letter) being OG(?) Mio.

Totally unexpected. Totally.

Totally.

Warping around colonies looking for side quests gets more and more annoying as that "NPC don't load" bug appears more and more, and i kinda don't wanna close the game and start it up again everytime i arrive in a colony. Ain't got no time for this.

I hope Monolithsoft has a patch ready for this (and the meal effects not working) bug. Like yesterday.

Started chapter 6

The Ride is Wild.

Lot's of sidequests... And time to farm to the new class
Soul Hacker skills

An I loved the new moveset
Noah with Dunban x Jin moveset... Chef Kiss

So, currently in Chapter 5. Game really started to escalate during the latter part of Chapter 4 and beginning of Chapter 5, huh?

Also the "totally no one could've seen this" revelation of N being OG(?) Noah and the silver one (forgot the letter) being OG(?) Mio.

Totally unexpected. Totally.

Totally.

Warping around colonies looking for side quests gets more and more annoying as that "NPC don't load" bug appears more and more, and i kinda don't wanna close the game and start it up again everytime i arrive in a colony. Ain't got no time for this.

I hope Monolithsoft has a patch ready for this (and the meal effects not working) bug. Like yesterday.

The letter you couldn't think of was M :p

I'm about an hour into Chapter 7.

The plot developments from Nia were really cool, and I like that Origin/Ark storing the worlds' content to "reboot" them after the collision of the universes calls back to both the cyclical world of Xenoblade 1, and the Lifehold in Xenoblade X, the latter of which was a pleasant surprise. It was also nice to see Nia in the flesh again as she was my favourite character from 2.

Xenoblade's particular brand of technofantasy really vibes with me for some reason, I love how grandiose it is.

I also managed to accidentally build a party that does the break-topple-daze-burst combo like it's going out of fashion and absolutely wrecks enemies.

Unless the game ends on a sour note, it's looking like it will be second only to Xenoblade 1 for me in terms of my series ranking, it's a wonderful adventure.

On chapter 7, I still have quite a few side quests to do that popped out of know where. Not sure if I’ll do them all at the moment. Quick question do they all need to be completed before heading to the final area? What level is recommended for final area of chapter 7?

On chapter 7, I still have quite a few side quests to do that popped out of know where. Not sure if I’ll do them all at the moment. Quick question do they all need to be completed before heading to the final area? What level is recommended for final area of chapter 7?
No sidequest disappears. After beating the game, when you continue you'll be back outside the final boss door and can complete any remaining quests. Some quests are only available after finishing the game. As for recommended level, the level of the last boss of chapter 7 is 75

Game has me clocked in at 72 hrs, the play activity page on my profile says 105 hrs. Which is more accurate?

No sidequest disappears. After beating the game, when you continue you'll be back outside the final boss door and can complete any remaining quests. Some quests are only available after finishing the game. As for recommended level, the level of the last boss of chapter 7 is 75
Which is kind of funny, when you think about how many random enemies around the world are higher level than that, including spiders and bunnits and stuff. Of course that also applies to XC1 and 2, but it always makes me chuckle.

Which is kind of funny, when you think about how many random enemies around the world are higher level than that, including spiders and bunnits and stuff. Of course that also applies to XC1 and 2, but it always makes me chuckle.
Stuff like a bunny being stronger than god in xc1 is funny for sure, but providing so much content for higher levels than what's needed to complete the story is something I love about this series.

I beat the game weeks ago and I'm still playing it daily lol

At 180 hours 99% of the time on hard mode

The game is done, roll credits.

...this is absolutely my favorite Xenoblade game and one of my favorite games ever.

The ending: I'm feeling happy and sad and fulfilled and empty at the same time. Such a bittersweet ending :(

Rex really got it on with the Aegis girls AND Nia? That's so wild and funny in a way to satisfy many fans in one go

Nia and Melia's designs and fits our of their Queen attire is amazing. Loved them.

1.1.1 patch dropped.

No English translation yet but machine translation makes it look like they fixed some of the Collectapedia items not being collectable and they fixed cooking effects, among some other quest-related fixes.

Finally finished the game today. Got my copy nearly two weeks late, just my luck from pre-ordering the limited edition from Nintendo, and then they somehow take the already late package that was in my county's post office and ship it to a whole other state and leave it in limbo. After 150 near-nonstop hours, I'm finishing up the last few sidequests and working on getting all of the classes unlocked for the team and farming for Soul Hacker of course before I can set the game down for the time being. December can't come soon enough for Wave 2, especially if that new Hero is who I (and I assume most of us) speculate it is

Way too many thoughts about the game jumbled in my head right now, hard to put my feelings into words. I can say that Monolith Soft put BOTH of their feet in this, on nearly every level this is one of if not their best game. Easily my personal game of the year, and I'm both hesitant and adamant to call it one of Nintendo's best of the Switch era and overall in their catalog. Giving us the whole cast at the beginning did wonders for their chemistry and development, what a brilliant core six that's only elevated by some truly astonishing acting performances. Eunie might steal the whole show (no small thanks to the brilliant Kitty Archer) but the whole cast had some fantastic moments. The end of Chapter 5 to the beginning of Chapter 6 was one of the most arresting moments I've had gaming, an hour+ that has me absolutely breathless. Harry McEntire was pure genius as both Noah and N. And both for this game and the Xeno trilogy thus far, I can't even begin to describe how emotionally affecting and satisfying that finale was. I'll be thinking about this game for a very long time. Well worth the wait!

Having played much more of the game now, there are a lot of subtler visual upgrades over Xenoblade 2 not covered in DF's analysis, like the improved animation/physics on hair and cloth, the fur shading used on some models, the accumulation of grime on the character's clothing if you go a while without cleaning at a campsite, etc.

The additional experience with the hardware and longer development cycle are clearly evident in the results.

I have a question about leveling at the campsites via bonus XP that I can't seem to find online; right now I've saved up a ton of it so I can make sure to crush the final boss, but I haven't used it yet.
Let's say, theoretically, I have enough saved up to go up 10 levels, can I go up 5 levels now and then save 5 for later if I need it, or does leveling up the 5 use all my bonus XP and void the chance to go higher?

Back
Top Bottom