• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Xenoblade 3 |ST| Σ Become One

Omg, i need to update about my xb3 situation. Since launch i clocked now over 194h into this masterpiece,first playthru, no end on sight.
I know its a xenoblade when at around 120h a tutorial pops up xD

The music, the tone, the world, characters... i love it and cant stop playing...

Now im finalizing gems and all classes.
And first playthru without any kind of guides, internet or hints...

Cant stop, wont stop

I just saw the cutscene in Pentelas (forest region) in which Mio and Noah exchange flutes.

What a glow-up this game is for Monolith in terms of character writing, this entire area has been filled to the brim with fantastic interactions. I have my issues with other aspects, but for me the strength of the core cast is enough to carry the game.

Update on Chapter 5 Hero Quest:

I found Fiona and her ... strange ... colony.

It's sure something to have the best char Triton together with the worst one, Fiona.
I didn’t like her at first, but she really grew on me once I used her some and did some quests with her colony. She’s wholesome AF

Looking over some wave 2 stuff. EtherPenguin made a post in the other thread but this is only spoilered for images so I'll do this post anyway.

B86QFg5.png

Here she is. Another Defender is nice, and based on her stats and Tailwind gem, she's probably a dodge tank. Since she's only rank 10, she's probably got an Ascension quest in addition to a regular one. Note the non-positional Break art, which is currently unique to her in this game outside of Ouroboros.

Also, there's now a menu option for "Save Party Formation," which sounds like it ought to be handy.

szWiAfG.png

Not sure if this is an existing ether deposit, but it seems like it produces the HD Ether Cylinders+ that Ino needs for upgrades, as shown below:

u7ov5tl.png

It looks like she has six Arts and five skills, or possibly ten skills depending on what the right-hand side represents here, so there's some kind of customization available going on. Starry Beat is weak but has a short cooldown, which is nice for a Break art.

muYuCXw.png

These accessories are stronger than the ones that exist currently.

Last edited:
Pyra and Mythra’s English VA, Skye Bennett, is going to start streaming 3 today. Always neat to see cast members do this. I know Noah’s VA, Harry McEntire, is planning to as well at some point.

Pyra and Mythra’s English VA, Skye Bennett, is going to start streaming 3 today. Always neat to see cast members do this. I know Noah’s VA, Harry McEntire, is planning to as well at some point.

Wait a second, pyra and mythra have the same VA? In both English and Japanese?

Hm? You hadn't noticed that it's the exact same voice? Just one being softer and the other being snarkier? Or have you not played 2 yet?
I played 2 in Japanese and I played smash a ton so I heard both of their dubs a lot but for some reasons I never thought they had the same voice, it kind of blew my mind.

Mio and Noah fight
"why do I feel like they are gonna bang"

Truly Mythra's VA.

Okay, I have reached the door before the final boss. Will fight them tomorrow.
Unless the game falls apart at the finish line, it's the second best in the series for me.

I'm nervous about it; I used all my bonus XP to get to level 78 but I'm not all that good at the game, and I can't for the life of me figure out what makes a good team composition, some arrangements I have come up with by accident have been great, while others I have painstakingly designed and which seemed good on paper have turned out to be useless in combat.

I have heard Z splits up the team into Agnian/Kevisi at one point so have set a healer/attacker/defender on each "team" but in doing so I had to mess up the build I had going.

Any tips and advice would be greatly appreciated.
For instance, is it worth bringing in a team with good break-topple-daze-burst capability or is the final boss immune to that?

Last edited:
Unless the game falls apart at the finish line, it's the second best in the series for me.

I'm nervous about it; I used all my bonus XP to get to level 78 but I can't for the life of me figure out what makes a good team composition, some arrangements I have come up with by accident have been great, while others I have painstakingly designed and which seemed good on paper have turned out to be useless in combat.

I have heard Z splits up the team into Agnian/Kevisi at one point so have set a healer/attacker/defender on each "team" but in doing so I had to mess up the build I had going.

Any tips and advice would be very welcome.
Is it worth bringing in a team with good break-topple-daze-burst capability or is the final boss immune to that?
You're not going to be able to pull off many reactions iirc. He's not immune, but getting the positionals is difficult in the first instance and the resistance is quite high. I did manage to get a topple off at one point, but I think it was just that once. Tho I didn't try it with Ogre, so maybe that would work.
But mainly, I wouldn't worry. I was level 69 when I entered that room and didn't struggle, even though my Agnus side didn't have a healer. It's a long fight, but not a particularly hard one.

I'm nervous about it; I used all my bonus XP to get to level 78 but I'm not all that good at the game, and I can't for the life of me figure out what makes a good team composition, some arrangements I have come up with by accident have been great, while others I have painstakingly designed and which seemed good on paper have turned out to be useless in combat.

For instance, is it worth bringing in a team with good break-topple-daze-burst capability or is the final boss immune to that?
You should be fine at level 78. If you want to be 100% safe, equip your bulkiest tank with the item that allows non-healers to revive allies.

I heard many legends that you can find mythical Dance Apple near the Colony 9 but all of my expeditions to find it ended up with nothing (I just want to complete the rest of collectopaedia quests).

You may want to control an healer class for the final boss, I personally find it much easier when in charge of healing and reviving. It's a very long fight and dying means restarting it.

Run a Signifer. If you're still worried, run Fiona. If you've gotten Ethel back, you can level up Flash Fencer on Noah to use Capable Hands with Unlimited Sword.

You can try break combos if you want but I wouldn't worry about them too much. Building a setup without topple is fine.

I heard many legends that you can find mythical Dance Apple near the Colony 9 but all of my expeditions to find it ended up with nothing (I just want to complete the rest of collectopaedia quests).
I have luck finding them in the area around the little pond through Colony 9's rear gate, particularly the land on the west of the pond. I've also had luck getting them on the clifftop right above there with the level ~22 purple brogs. I just now got three Dance Apples while double-checking it was the right place. They're a purple tier item so you may want to eat food with the collectible boost effect.

You likely won't be able to complete all of the collectopedia cards right now though as the gogol fruit still seem to be bugged even after the patch.

I’ve spent days now grinding all the soul hacker abilities and I’m using toxic gas, but I can’t work out if the buff works on just me or my whole team?

Been quiet while going through the game. Absolute masterpiece honestly, on Chapter 7 now and just going through and doing side and Ascension Quests. Definitely glad I took it slow since there's so much game here I could well have burned out at a faster pace.

Thank you to all who responded to my previous post. Just finished the game.

Overall, I thought it was excellent.
The main cast were endearing and the best written in the series to date, the overarching plot was suitably grandiose and at times deeply poignant, the music was fantastic, the combat was satisfying, and having just played it the finale was a suitably epic spectacle.
Having an easy mode from day 1 also made this by far the most painless first playthrough of the series for me, and I greatly appreciated not having to deal with the occasional frustrations of prior titles.

I also really loved the "whole game takes place between two ticks of a clock" post-credits scene, where the lingering notes of Mio's flute suggest that even with the separate worlds rebooted, some memory, or echo, of the game's events and the love that Noah and Mio shared lives on. Really lovely poetic ending.

I only had a few minor issues. The world design wasn't quite as memorable or imaginative as the original game and X, some of the bosses had way too much HP and dragged on for too long, and some of the finer points of the plot could have been explained better. (Maybe I wasn't paying attention, but the exact nature of Z and how Origin was supposed to work didn't feel properly articulated; I feel like the sections explaining both were too abstract and could have been more clearly conveyed)

Still, despite these blemishes, Monolith Soft's ambition and talent shine through, resulting in a terrific addition to the Switch's library.

Last edited:
Clock 101 hours chapter 6

Colony 0
And a lot of side quests...

At least I finished all heroes that on the class screen.

MZHWosr.gif
MZHWosr.gif
MZHWosr.gif

She's literally one of the best heroes in the game.

I mean, yeah i didn't say anything about her class, that one is very strong indeed. It was purely the character compared to Triton.
That her colony is literally a Kindergarten doesn't help the char either.

I'm sure her class will stay in my team, just not Fiona. ;]

Although i have to say Triton's class is very strong too with the right enemy skill setup.

I got an email update about the LE (EU).

Preorders will open soon, they'll send me a link via email. Very limited quantities, less than the number of people how registered their interest on the website.

I got an email update about the LE (EU).

Preorders will open soon, they'll send me a link via email. Very limited quantities, less than the number of people how registered their interest on the website.

We're almost 24h later now, I want to stop refreshing. I understand they don't want to give an exact moment to prevent bots and scalping but this kind of communication is really tiring.

hi guys, is
melias
ascension quest bugged? I can't get the ? to appear for it despite seeming to have completed all the prerequisites for it
Please mark that as a postgame spoiler.

Is the hero in your party? That's kinda all I got. I think it's also
at the top of the castle, not the bottom where you get her, but I don't quite remember.

hi guys, is
melias
ascension quest bugged? I can't get the ? to appear for it despite seeming to have completed all the prerequisites for it
I know you said "all the prerequisites," but just to check (because some websites I went to omitted this bit), do you have someone in your party who is at lv10 in that Hero's class? That's what was holding me up from getting the ? to appear.

We're almost 24h later now, I want to stop refreshing. I understand they don't want to give an exact moment to prevent bots and scalping but this kind of communication is really tiring.
Surely the preorders will open today….
Nintendo & I have a very different understanding of the term ‘very soon’ that’s for sure.

The mynintendo store in Europe is still under maintenance since yesterday.

When did this happen?

The North American listing for the Xenoblade 3 special edition is just for the items now, and is only $30. Surely they wouldn't do that if they're only delivering to people who successfully ordered back in June? There'd be no need, right? Weren't they charged $90 all at once?

No official word on this anywhere. Hmmm...

Is it possible it's just to facilitate any possible returns?

Strange time to be releasing the best trailer of the game but I'll take it

I think it has the best opening of any xeno game, time will tell if it has good legs like xc2. We'll have solid numbers next Nintendo quarterly IR report

Been a couple of weeks since this post, but I have a feeling they XB3 might not have the same legs as 2.

I'd love to be wrong, and I'm sure Nintendo will see the game as a success, but XB2 was kinda freakish in its longevity if I recall.

Well I finally peeled myself away from Splatoon 3 to just finish this game once and for all.

What a game. It's one of my favorite games on the Switch, and probably top 5. Don't know if it beat the original yet, however, this was just fantastic.

That's all I will leave for here, and the rest for the spoiler thread. But it's been a journey, and it's good to keep a record.

Finished it right now.
So I have to say…

Z is the worst final boss of the 3 main games, including Torna. Boring and repetitive. Hopefully MS never does it again.

However, the ending chef kiss
Love it. And found pretty. Gonna try to look for videos about the story.

Finalt unlocked Noah class to lv 20.
I need to finish the game, but these Side quests don't stop apearing XD

Man, seeing Nia trying to be that Awesome All knowing Queen in front os the main characters is too much Funny.
She trying to keep her facade, but in the end she still goes back to her XB2 self character.

Been a couple of weeks since this post, but I have a feeling they XB3 might not have the same legs as 2.

I'd love to be wrong, and I'm sure Nintendo will see the game as a success, but XB2 was kinda freakish in its longevity if I recall.
I wonder if the opening of xenoblade 3 was big enough to offset the weaker legs, also the game will still be prominently shown next year with the expansion pass and the new story. But yeah we just need to wait for november to see how it did. I'm still hoping for the game to sell over 3mil LTD
Well I finally peeled myself away from Splatoon 3 to just finish this game once and for all.

What a game. It's one of my favorite games on the Switch, and probably top 5. Don't know if it beat the original yet, however, this was just fantastic.

That's all I will leave for here, and the rest for the spoiler thread. But it's been a journey, and it's good to keep a record.
The more I think about this game the more I love it. It might be my second favourite switch game beating out Mario odyssey and just below Botw. It was an incredible journey

That depends on your definition of "relatively soon". The tracks for 2's soundtrack appeared in JASRAC databases a good 4 months before the soundtrack's actual release.
I mean
Merry Christmas to me, at least

Back
Top Bottom