• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Xenoblade 3 |ST| Σ Become One

it's crazy how Fornis somehow keeps getting bigger and bigger

was checking out the level 40s area in it late in chapter 4 now that i'm about the same level as it and it was way bigger than I thought it would be, had to stop before I finished since I do want to do a bit of story stuff tonight

Chapter 5 is already delivering pretty hard and I haven’t even done anything in it other than follow some people around and talk, lol. I now have that dilemma where I really want to explore the new zones, but also need to go back and complete more side quests.

Planning to finish the game today. Probably the first time I ever beat a game this big in such a short amount of time(~1week). I am prepared for whatever the ending brings!

Can someone answer in spoiler tags now many chapters there are? I’ve just reached chapter 3 after almost 10 hours and I’m trying to get a sense for how long this game is.

thank you! Surprisingly few, is that the lowest number of the trilogy? Not that it seems like it will have any impact on how much content this game has 😅
Yeah definitely the lowest number of the trilogy but there's so much to do in each chapter (story-wise or side quests) that I'm not personally complaining hehe, still haven't finished it as I'm trying to unlock every hero and do their side stories

Finally got the game and I'm loving it so far! I just reached Chapter 2 and stopped for a bit.

Yeah this post if you love Juniper and her chill colony.
esUeZmM.png

Will challenge mode be added with the second round of DLC update or is it already in the game and it will get more quests with the DLC?

32 hours in and I just barely hit chapter 4. Really loved the side content in chapter 3 and being able to explore the first two zones so thoroughly was awesome. It’s hard to describe the exact feeling of satisfaction that comes when you see a big hill for example and want to climb the heck out of it and ultimately do. More compelling than the excellent story and combat at times for me lol. I definitely prefer the party skills to field skill checks from Xenoblade 2 even if the two I have so far are silly (the first and third for different reasons). Should have way more time to play tomorrow than I did today and I’m eager to explore the new area I’m in.

I'm not getting through this game as quickly as I'd like to (feels nice to savor it though), but I'm running into an issue in Chapter 2. Once the game introduces class changes I find myself getting absolutely fucking rocked even on normal difficulty. Is there any benefit to sticking with these changes or changing at all? I feel like I didn't have nearly as hard of a time before.

I'm not getting through this game as quickly as I'd like to (feels nice to savor it though), but I'm running into an issue in Chapter 2. Once the game introduces class changes I find myself getting absolutely fucking rocked even on normal difficulty. Is there any benefit to sticking with these changes or changing at all? I feel like I didn't have nearly as hard of a time before.

I stopped changing classes because I lost the combo Break -> Topple -> Daze/Launch

Without it, battles become so much more dificult...

Quoted by: ika
I'm somewhere in chapter 4 and I have no idea how I'm expected to put this game down and be a functional human being anymore
thank you! Surprisingly few, is that the lowest number of the trilogy? Not that it seems like it will have any impact on how much content this game has 😅
Comparing games by total chapters isn't very useful, they're not even of consistent lengths within each game lol. But for actual numbers to compare that to, 2 had ten chapters while 1 had... seventeen, I think?

All depends on what they're defining as chapters. If this were Xenoblade 1, most mandatory hero quests would be considered their own chapter. But 1 was wacky in general; if I told you that there were three chapters after leaving Agniratha, how would you guess they were broken up? Because the answer is:
Chapter 15: From boarding Junks through beating Egil the final time. In terms of gameplay, this encompasses a short run and two boss fights.
Chapter 16: The Bionis' Awakening through escaping on Junks. This involves the Zanza vs. Meyneth Fiora 1v1, the same short run in reverse, and a Telethia fight on Junks.
Chapter 17: Landing in Colony 6 through... the rest of the game. All of it - defending against the Telethia, the Bionis' Interior, Prison Island, even the final sequence. It's all chapter 17.
But, of course, I'm just musing; none of that is very relevant to how they handled 3. The cutscene direction wasn't really paced around the chapters until XC2, so that was fine back then. Until DE you needed supplementary material to even know there were official chapters.
Just got to Chapter 4, 32 hours in 😅
I think I was similar lol

You get access to more master arts and skills. It is true that the characters aren't as great in the flipped roles - but sticking with them lets you keep valuable stuff. Some skills and arts synergize very well with other classes.

I personally occasionally flip to a maxed out class for a character or two on the really hard stuff, but otherwise try to be constantly fostering classes.

I've finished the game! Great game, and I have some questions
Very bittersweet ending, but somehow I didn't feel sad at all, but very content with how it ends. I'm still a bit confused about how the world(s) function. I think I really need to go back and watch some cutscenes again tomorrow, but from what I understand, everything that happens in the span of the game happens during the paused moment in the very first cutscene? the "now" that Z/humanity wanted to keep going on forever? Game gets a bit more philosophical than previous Xenoblades in terms of the language used towards the end, so as non-native speaker, I didn't quite get everything 😅 Anyway, the flute during the after credit cutscene is Mio's playing or something?! I hope the DLC story touches on this

Just started a quest earlier, got up to a point where I had a dialogue tree and picked an option that launched me into a fight that's pretty hard for my level. Looked it up, and the other option had better affinity results and may have even avoided the fight entirely. I love that you brought the Affinity Chart back Monolith, but why bring back this horseshit with it? Not everyone wants to replay a 150 hour JRPG or have to bury their nose in a guide.

Just started a quest earlier, got up to a point where I had a dialogue tree and picked an option that launched me into a fight that's pretty hard for my level. Looked it up, and the other option had better affinity results and may have even avoided the fight entirely. I love that you brought the Affinity Chart back Monolith, but why bring back this horseshit with it? Not everyone wants to replay a 150 hour JRPG or have to bury their nose in a guide.
Freedom from living under the yoke of the flame clock means freedom to choose and you chose.

If it's one thing that defines Xenoblade as a series for me, it's the insane "season finale" climaxes at the end of every chapter.

Freedom from living under the yoke of the flame clock means freedom to choose and you chose.
I don't mind quests having different outcomes based on choices. It's that some choices have better outcomes for the player than others, and if you make a choice that locks you out of the optimal affinity chart without a save to back you up, you have to replay a huge-ass game for 100%. I get that it's a small thing at the end of the day, just wish Monolith made more decisions that didn't bank on multiple playthroughs (like Expert Mode in XC1DE).

I don't mind quests having different outcomes based on choices. It's that some choices have better outcomes for the player than others, and if you make a choice that locks you out of the optimal affinity chart without a save to back you up, you have to replay a huge-ass game for 100%. I get that it's a small thing at the end of the day, just wish Monolith made more decisions that didn't bank on multiple playthroughs (like Expert Mode in XC1DE).
You can't lock yourself out of a maxed affinity chart. Collectopaedia cards can be turned in multiple times to grind up affinity even if you miss every missable affinity boon (character dialogue, choices, etc).

You get access to more master arts and skills. It is true that the characters aren't as great in the flipped roles - but sticking with them lets you keep valuable stuff. Some skills and arts synergize very well with other classes.

I personally occasionally flip to a maxed out class for a character or two on the really hard stuff, but otherwise try to be constantly fostering classes.

I think the class system is really fun.The way the game introduces it is a bit intrusive i think, but if it wasn't for that i wouldn't have explored all the possibilities. For harder enemies, one can always go back to the classes they feel more comfortable with.

Last edited:
You can't lock yourself out of a maxed affinity chart. Collectopaedia cards can be turned in multiple times to grind up affinity even if you miss every missable affinity boon (character dialogue, choices, etc).
Specifically I'm referring to how on the web-like connections of people, links may form or improve between others. Might be good to go into what quest I'm talking about:
I chose to directly confront Fox about attacking colonies for supplies, but if I chose to be vague at the start and talk to him, I would have gained extra affinity connections on the chart between him and other members of Colony 9. Obviously a small thing in the grand scheme, but annoying nonetheless.

Part of it is that class Arts get better as they rank up, and you're switching from rank 10 classes to rank 1 classes. Take out an elite or two and your characters should feel better to use.

Just finished the main story, won't spoil anything but truly I'm amazed by everything they have done for this game, I haven't experienced anything similar in any other playthrough with other games or the predecessors of xenoblade 3, definitely my favorite game of all time so far

Like 10 hours ago, I thought to myself I was close to be done with chapter 3 - still going strong. This game, is really really good.
It's probably my #1 game of the year already, and if this continues as is.. it might very well become my favorite JRPG of all time.

I’ve not been following this thread just in case of spoilers (yes I know this isn’t the spoiler thread, but better safe than sorry, lol), so I dunno if anyone’s already brought this up or not, but I have a question…

Is there any way to see “locations” on the map…? I’ve not found a way, which seems really odd to me. It only shows places that you can skip travel to, so just landmarks, rest spots, secret areas, and named graves, but not other “locations”, which is really annoying if you’re trying to check locations you’ve visited already and see which ones you still need to find…

Am I just missing something, or is there truly no way to view these?? If not that’s kind of bizarre, since Definitive Edition definitely had all of that viewable on its map, and I think XC2 did as well but it’s been awhile since I’ve gone back to that one so I could be wrong there.

I guess it wouldn’t be the only oddity with this game’s map, though, since there’s also the fact that the game gives you a marker to use on the map…but only a single one, so its application is limited. Definitive Edition allowed you to place a ton of markers on its map, and in four different colors at that…

Anyway, this mild annoyance with the map aside, I’m absolutely loving the game, though I’m taking it slow and focusing on exploring and doing quests as much as I can; I’m nearly 50 hours in but only a bit through Chapter 4 right now, lol.

Still haven’t come across anything quite as satisfying as XC2’s orb-bursting Chain Attacks, though…

I’ve not been following this thread just in case of spoilers (yes I know this isn’t the spoiler thread, but better safe than sorry, lol), so I dunno if anyone’s already brought this up or not, but I have a question…

Is there any way to see “locations” on the map…? I’ve not found a way, which seems really odd to me. It only shows places that you can skip travel to, so just landmarks, rest spots, secret areas, and named graves, but not other “locations”, which is really annoying if you’re trying to check locations you’ve visited already and see which ones you still need to find…

Am I just missing something, or is there truly no way to view these?? If not that’s kind of bizarre, since Definitive Edition definitely had all of that viewable on its map, and I think XC2 did as well but it’s been awhile since I’ve gone back to that one so I could be wrong there.

I guess it wouldn’t be the only oddity with this game’s map, though, since there’s also the fact that the game gives you a marker to use on the map…but only a single one, so its application is limited. Definitive Edition allowed you to place a ton of markers on its map, and in four different colors at that…

Anyway, this mild annoyance with the map aside, I’m absolutely loving the game, though I’m taking it slow and focusing on exploring and doing quests as much as I can; I’m nearly 50 hours in but only a bit through Chapter 4 right now, lol.

Still haven’t come across anything quite as satisfying as XC2’s orb-bursting Chain Attacks, though…
just a good ol' simple nope :(

just a good ol' simple nope :(
What…the hell?? Like, what’s even the point of having all these named locations then? It’s really annoying when you need to go to a location but don’t remember where it is (or if you’ve even seen it yet)—like right now I have a quest where I need to find some items that can be found in a certain location, but because the quest objective is to find collectibles rather than reach a destination, the game doesn’t put a quest marker on the map, so I just have no clue where I’m supposed to be looking…

Surely this is something they’re going to patch in with updates…right?? I don’t understand how the map managed to be a downgrade from Definitive Edition, in multiple ways…

Interactive Maps (with locations) + Collectible location guide
What…the hell?? Like, what’s even the point of having all these named locations then? It’s really annoying when you need to go to a location but don’t remember where it is (or if you’ve even seen it yet)—like right now I have a quest where I need to find some items that can be found in a certain location, but because the quest objective is to find collectibles rather than reach a destination, the game doesn’t put a quest marker on the map, so I just have no clue where I’m supposed to be looking…

Surely this is something they’re going to patch in with updates…right?? I don’t understand how the map managed to be a downgrade from Definitive Edition, in multiple ways…
I forgot to add this to the fami thread, the author of this messaged me over on era about their guide and interactive maps.

enjoy: https://www.gamerguides.com/xenoblade-chronicles-3/maps

edit: combine with collectibles location guide for maximum effect: https://underbuffed.com/all-collectibles-xenoblade-chronicles-3/

Last edited:
After 60 hours, I have completed Xenoblade Chronicles 3.

I have played quite a lot of Jrpgs, many were amazing, fun, some were okay and others are absolutely phenomenal. There have been a few Jrpgs and games that have made me tear up but for the first time ever, a game has genuinely made me cry and twice. That is Xenoblade Chronicles 3.

Those specific chapters were the most emotional ride I have ever experienced. I started this game thinking about what kind of plot twists will there be, instead I got something better, a beautiful and thought provoking story.

The cinematics, artstyle, soundtrack and the great English voice acting are on a legendary level.

Gameplay absolutely amazing too. To be honest, I have so many thoughts in my head and I need to relax and maybe talk about it tomorrow. However I can say with atmost confidence: XC3 is my GOTY.

There is one spoiler thing I want to scream about:

WHAT THE FUCK, POPPI WAS THERE THE WHOLE TIME AND THAT PICTURE, IS REX MARRIED TO ALL 3 GIRLS??????

I forgot to add this to the fami thread, the author of this messaged me over on era about their guide and interactive maps.

enjoy: https://www.gamerguides.com/xenoblade-chronicles-3/maps
This is helpful, thanks!

I really wish it was just a feature of the in-game map like in previous Xenoblade games, though… I’m still dumbfounded that that’s not the case in XC3. What the hell, MonolithSoft?? I want to understand why, lol. Like, did they just think that the map would be too cluttered if locations were also included? But in that case why not just include a toggle, like XC2 had? I don’t understand…

Hopefully enough people are complaining about it that it’ll be fixed in an update. Not sure if there’s been anyone else here besides me bringing this up, though, since I’ve been kinda hiding away from the XC3 threads until I finish the story myself, lol.

After 60 hours, I have completed Xenoblade Chronicles 3.

I have played quite a lot of Jrpgs, many were amazing, fun, some were okay and others are absolutely phenomenal. There have been a few Jrpgs and games that have made me tear up but for the first time ever, a game has genuinely made me cry and twice. That is Xenoblade Chronicles 3.

Those specific chapters were the most emotional ride I have ever experienced. I started this game thinking about what kind of plot twists will there be, instead I got something better, a beautiful and thought provoking story.

The cinematics, artstyle, soundtrack and the great English voice acting are on a legendary level.

Gameplay absolutely amazing too. To be honest, I have so many thoughts in my head and I need to relax and maybe talk about it tomorrow. However I can say with atmost confidence: XC3 is my GOTY.

There is one spoiler thing I want to scream about:

WHAT THE FUCK, POPPI WAS THERE THE WHOLE TIME AND THAT PICTURE, IS REX MARRIED TO ALL 3 GIRLS??????
I don't think I've cried more with any game (outside of XC2) then this game.

Which classes have access to Break? I've been switching around to learn more and I feel like I haven't seen a breaker other than the Swordfighter

Which classes have access to Break? I've been switching around to learn more and I feel like I haven't seen a breaker other than the Swordfighter
Swordfighter, Yumsmith, and Incursor are all I've found.

They're all side breaks. Also Noah's ouroboros but you need interlink level 3.

Question about a musical track

Does anyone know the name of the track that plays when you beat Consul K for the first time (I.e., right before you attempt to destroy the flame clock and the other party members have their Ouroboros awakenings)? I think that track is this game’s Engage the Enemy/Counterattack, but I’d have to listen to it to be sure (plus I just want to listen to it again myself lol)

Thank you!

Question about a musical track

Does anyone know the name of the track that plays when you beat Consul K for the first time (I.e., right before you attempt to destroy the flame clock and the other party members have their Ouroboros awakenings)? I think that track is this game’s Engage the Enemy/Counterattack, but I’d have to listen to it to be sure (plus I just want to listen to it again myself lol)

Thank you!
It's called The Weight of Life.

Back
Top Bottom