• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Xenoblade 3 |ST| Σ Become One

I wonder why i cant equip some master arts earned in some class in the other , example the shadow eye skill is not available in fencer class

I wonder why i cant equip some master arts earned in some class in the other , example the shadow eye skill is not available in fencer class
You can’t equip Keves master arts when using Keves classes. Same for Agnus. So any master arts you gain can only be used when using a class from the opposite faction

Edit: I do not know how I did this but I quoted the wrong person with the right text ?? @kendstryker

Last edited:
But how are you guys going so quickly? I've poured in 12 hours and I'm still in the desert. Granted, I waste a ton of time with Unique Monsters, but even then, Chapter 3 in just a couple of days is a sparkin' lot.
Admittedly I have probably been playing more than what's really healthy, but I'll slow down after the weekend. Since thursday night, I think I've got over 25 hours now that I'm starting chapter 4. I might be rushing a little. I wasn't really trying to but I started to feel overleveled so then I push ahead with the story until the story required fights are around my level.

It's weird, this game has the exact same EXP curve as 2 and the banked bonus EXP, but I feel like I'm leveling faster. Uniques seem to give way more EXP than they did in 2 and now there are elites everywhere giving tons of EXP on top of that. I feel like I have to avoid uniques to stay on level with the story. I've only been killing them if they block a container or I think their location would be a useful fast travel point. I haven't done much side stuff other than hero quests (got five heroes currently).

Finished Chapter 2 today and I'm incredibly hyped now. The overall start to the game has been absolutely bombastic and I'm all for it. Just started Chapter 3 and I'm really excited to dig even deeper into it.

The composition team was absolutely firing on all cylinders during the confrontation with Ethel and K. Not sure how they did it, but they made the whole situation just mad hype, especially once everyone was able to Interlink. The voice cast nailed it too. Overall a fantastic sequence, and not one I'll forget anytime soon.

I'm also a big fan of the Interlinking mechanic; rather than it being a "super meter", you have to instead know when to release the form so that you can continue to access it as needed. It's really interesting, and I like it.

I get the funny feeling this is at least going to be on the same level as the first game, if not surpass it for me. The rest of the game would have to drop the ball pretty hard to be overall worse, but I have a feeling it's going to be an incredible ride based on what I've played so far. If it keeps going at this pace, it could very well surpass Elden Ring as my GOTY, which would be one hell of an achievement.

Wow. That iris system sure is integrated deep into everyone's biology..... Wonder what other bio related functions it performed that maybe people aren't told about.....

You can’t equip Keves master arts when using Keves classes. Same for Agnus. So any master arts you gain can only be used when using a class from the opposite faction

Edit: I do not know how I did this but I quoted the wrong person with the right text ?? @kendstryker
thanks , now this makes much
more sense to balance keeves/agnus art refresh mechanics timer/autoattack. tnx

Yeah Chapter 3 is where it's at. Heroes and their classes are going to make fine-tuning parties really special when it gets to endgame, and they seem like they're often more fun and more involved than the base classes.

I'm still not entirely sure I understand chain attacks, though, I need to work on that. Or maybe do the tutorial battles.

Is it me or do the Moebius bosses have a shitload of health? I've been playing somewhat underleveled so it might just be me, but even 60k chain attacks are barely denting them, it seems like. The Moebiuses for Valdi and Zeon took a while to bring down and mostly came down to using heals in chain attacks to keep from being completely owned, though Teach's went a bit better. Maybe it's just that I've been running C/D-compatible classes on my squad?

Last edited:
Is it me or do the Moebius bosses have a shitload of health? I've been playing somewhat overleveled so it might just be me, but even 60k chain attacks are barely denting them, it seems like. The Moebiuses for Valdi and Zeon took a while to bring down and mostly came down to using heals in chain attacks to keep from being completely owned, though Teach's went a bit better. Maybe it's just that I've been running C/D-compatible classes on my squad?
They just have a shitton of health, at least those both seem to. They feel more like some of the bosses in XC2 where you really need to build orbs and combo, but in this game at least I'm not quite sure how best to use chain attacks and the Ouroboros all that well yet, and those seem like the best way to do big damage. I think that Ouroboros can be involved in chain attacks too? But if so I haven't unlocked that yet

I'm a few hours in and still at chapter 1. I have to say I'm really impressed at how the game looks and runs—especially compared to XC2.
MonoliftSoft did an amazing job there.

The game is a lot of fun. I can't believe I'm still at chapter 1 3 hours in lol. There's so much content already

Monolithsoft are cowards for not letting us launch the Lambda Ferronis.

I'll let it slide for the entire rest of the end of that chapter though.

let me crush that dream right now: xenoblade 2 will not get any more patches. they reworked the entire engine for Torna (and onwards) and simply backporting that is way outside of their scope.

Ahh good to know, better to set expectations accordingly- thx!

Ribbi Flats is my favorite area so far, I like the whole ambience of it from the terrain to the monsters, the music. It just has a lovely aura about it.

I really liked Valdi’s introduction and it looks like Lanz will probably be the Class Inheritor. I kinda get a younger/older brother dynamic from them. We’ll see if that manifests fully.

Last edited:
Kinda confused here. Like… the music already exists. What does he mean?
There's extra work that goes into producing a standalone ST I think. If Xenoblade 2 is anything to go by, I think they actually do mastering work that wouldn't show through in the game itself in the compressed audio format while underneath all the sound effects, but the standards are different for CD quality releases.

They also tend to do physical releases, and the CD sets have been rather large. That likely takes some negotiating with Mitsuda's publisher.

I've been on chapter 3 for about 8 hours now- the game is incredible. The Hero Quests are so well fleshed out, and really worth hunting down.

Wow, people weren’t kidding when they said the game really opens up in Ch. 3! I’ve barely progressed the story in the last 5 or so hours of play time, I’ve just been exploring and it’s been a blast.

Ok, so three hours in and Vandam has popped up. He looks, and sounds the same as Vandam from XC2, but are we to infur that he is the same guy? Or is that a mystery that gets resolved later? Essentially, I don’t want to be spoiled, but not really sure what I should be feeling right now

I'm so confused right now in Chapter 3. I unlocked
Ethel
as a Hero and yet on the screen they are completely unavailable to select to your party, while the other 2 I have I can freely select. Are they sometimes story locked out?

When you look at the illustrations in the hero roster, it says who the character designer is like 2's blade album. The mains are Saito of course, but most the heroes like Zeon and Valdi just say MONOLITHSOFT. So were most of the heroes designed like the Xenoblade 1 cast where they didn't have an official character designer?

It's kind of weird and I always thought the talk about 1 not having a character designer seemed off. They do have artists working at Monolith, and those designs still had to be made by someone, like they weren't made by AI. Seems a little shitty they don't get to be credited by name just because they aren't marketable 'official' character designers or manga artists or whatever.

@minimalism right, that one is story restricted. So far that's the only one I've encountered that is restricted of the six I got.

Ok, so three hours in and Vandam has popped up. He looks, and sounds the same as Vandam from XC2, but are we to infur that he is the same guy? Or is that a mystery that gets resolved later? Essentially, I don’t want to be spoiled, but not really sure what I should be feeling right now
Have you played old Final Fantasy games? There's a Cid in every Final Fantasy game, frequently as a helpful mechanic. Fire Emblem has Anna the merchant, who has the same appearance in games hundreds of years apart. Vandam works the same way. He's here to help the protagonists. The military commander in Xeno X was named Vandham, and Colonel Sqaure-stache from Xeno1 was named Vandamme (they translated it to Vangarre). Not the same guy, but occupying a similar role.

Is it me or do the Moebius bosses have a shitload of health? I've been playing somewhat underleveled so it might just be me, but even 60k chain attacks are barely denting them, it seems like. The Moebiuses for Valdi and Zeon took a while to bring down and mostly came down to using heals in chain attacks to keep from being completely owned, though Teach's went a bit better. Maybe it's just that I've been running C/D-compatible classes on my squad?

I was coming to post about the same thing, definitely felt the same way.

So I've started Chapter 3 and attempting to do the first hero quest but I don't know how to get to the other side of that.

I somehow found myself exploring an area that is familiar to a locale in another game with level 40-something enemies. It's always fun to slip around enemies way stronger than you.

But uh, yeah I'll need to sleep on how to get to the area for that particular hero quest.

Also holy shit the end of chapter 2...holy shit!

Have you played old Final Fantasy games? There's a Cid in every Final Fantasy game, frequently as a helpful mechanic. Fire Emblem has Anna the merchant, who has the same appearance in games hundreds of years apart. Vandam works the same way. He's here to help the protagonists. The military commander in Xeno X was named Vandham, and Colonel Sqaure-stache from Xeno1 was named Vandamme (they translated it to Vangarre). Not the same guy, but occupying a similar role.
Perfect! Thank you! That’s the exact information that I needed (I wasn’t aware of the XC1 instance). I did wonder, as XC2 and XC3 were similar instances in terms of outcomes

This game going hard in on the Monadology again.

Damn near dropping straight lifted quotes on the principle of sufficient reason.

Last edited:
Chain Attack text rundown
Can someone explain Chain Attacks to me and how certain moves boost TP? I don't understand it and am just pressing buttons randomly
I don't have it all down but the basics I gather are:
  • You select from three characters before a round starts based on what effect sounds good to you in the moment.
  • A round depletes the chain attack gauge by a third, so you'll get three rounds under normal circumstances.
  • Selecting a hero's chain order will NOT deplete the gauge, so you can get up to four rounds if you pick the hero.

After selecting a chain order:
  • Attackers get +25% TP when used as the first one in a round
  • Healers can never exceed 99 (this doesn't apply to heroes though)
  • As soon as TP goes over 100, the finisher move happens
  • Your round is ranked on how much TP you gathered. Below 150 = okay, 150 = bravo, >200 = amazing.
  • You are given one character randomly back after completing a round per rank (okay gets you 1 back, bravo gets you 2 characters back, amazing = 3)
  • If a Defender was the one to push TP over 100, then you're gaurenteed to get back the character with the highest TP.
  • I don't think all the little +1 TP bonuses are worth caring about, you proc those for just about everything. What you should care about is the role match bonus. If you select a character in the same role as the character for the chain order, you'll get +10TP. Keep in mind the roles for the chain order stay the canon roles for those characters. Noah's chain order is always attacker no matter what you reclassed him to.

So a regular chain might look like this:
  • Three character pop up with different chain orders. Noah is one of them with a red sword icon. You might've changed him to a healer, but for the chain order he has his canon role. Select him.
  • Now you pick the characters to fulfill the order. Start with an attacker. They'll get +10TP for matching roles with the chain order (Noah), then it will be increased 25% for choosing an attacker first as part of the first blood bonus.
  • Next select a healer to push the TP as far as possible while be safe knowing they won't go over 100 because non-hero healers can't.
  • With the TP right under 100, select a defender to push it over.
  • The chain order finisher will play out with Noah.
  • After that, you'll get a character back. Because you used a defender last, it'll be the character with the highest TP.
  • If you were able to get over 150 TP (hard to do on the first round), you'll get two characters back.

Another mechanic to chain attacks opens up at the end of chapter 3, but I won't spoil that if you aren't there yet.

Thanks a lot to this game for making side quests chat sometimes interesting to read, usually in the original and in 2 you just mash A because it's only the NPC who's talking... I'm still very early but I'm hoping for the game to tackle side content like X. If it does, it will hit yet another jackpot for me.

Oooh okay so if you go west in the wastelands after the game lets you do so in Chapter 3, the area is guarded by level 40-something enemies but the music kicks in just enough to hear it, and it’s a redone version of the
Hidden Machina Village
track, and it’s great.

I also just found a kind of hilarious sink for silver Nopon coins, which seems really useful for later in the game.

One question I have so far is what’s the purpose of regular money in this game? It seems like everything useful takes Nopon coins, whereas normal cash is really only used to buy canteen recipes and shop stuff, but I’ve had very little reason to buy anything at shops.

Oooh okay so if you go west in the wastelands after the game lets you do so in Chapter 3, the area is guarded by level 40-something enemies but the music kicks in just enough to hear it, and it’s a redone version of the
Hidden Machina Village
track, and it’s great.
yeah I was just there, what a tease. It was also the best looking area yet and it's guarded by enemies double my level

33 hours to complete Chapter 3. I am so into this whole cast, it’s wild. The overarching story is, so far, the most intriguing of the series. I honestly have no idea what to expect from here on out, but so excited for more.

Ok that might be a very weird question, but is there any way to reset camera settings (including zoom/height) to default?

I changed them accidentally by holding ZL and I can’t seem to find how the default view is supposed to be.
Pressing R-stick while holding ZL only replaces the camera behind you but doesn’t reset these settings.

If anyone (very early game to avoid spoilers) can share a screenshot of the default, unchanged camera view on a mostly flat field that’d help me to change it accordingly to be the closest of it :)

(Also I know that it zooms out automatically when fighting big ennemies but that obviously has nothing to do with customized settings)

Ok that might be a very weird question, but is there any way to reset camera settings (including zoom/height) to default?

I changed them accidentally by holding ZL and I can’t seem to find how the default view is supposed to be.
Pressing R-stick while holding ZL only replaces the camera behind you but doesn’t reset these settings.

If anyone (very early game to avoid spoilers) can share a screenshot of the default, unchanged camera view on a mostly flat field that’d help me to change it accordingly to be the closest of it :)

(Also I know that it zooms out automatically when fighting big ennemies but that obviously has nothing to do with customized settings)
I don't think there's a default because the characters are different heights, you'll see what I mean when switching to Sena.

No reset for height though, so just go with whatever feels right.

So, is Taion....?
thought the same, highly doubt it tho :)

??? Is Taion what? Is there something problematic about him?
no

not a spoiler just elaborating
the way Taion reacts to Lanz and Sena being the Ouroboros team-up when he goes "how do you know it's you two and not me and Lanz" feels very closeted-gay/bi man attracted to Lanz but then later you have the scene where all the boys are being awkward about changing clothes in front of the girls which doesn't really track with that ...but it was certainly an interestingwrinkle on the character for a bit
Is it true, btw? Found a lot of Ponio fossils somewhere, are they really absent in this game? :'(
This is actually set in the Westworld universe.

Can someone explain Chain Attacks to me and how certain moves boost TP? I don't understand it and am just pressing buttons randomly
If you want something visual in addition to the cool text rundown from @EtherPenguin here's Enel's fresh off the presses Chain Attack vid

Very impressed that they actually managed to make a game with 7 party members and actually pull it off.

Granted, what's happening on the screen is chaos, but I'm still able to keep track of HP and distinguish the rings and sort of know at least half of what people are doing.

I definitely felt the first two areas you visited were a bit small/simple (you could say I wanted something a bit meatier), but I was not ready for the Ribbi Flats + Dannagh Desert... Took hours to do everything in there

Are class ranks capped at 10 or does it unlock further in the story? I'm currently on chapter 3 and level 23.
It will be unlocked later through "special" quests per in-game tips. So I'd expect that to come later down the line.

On another note, so far my biggest impression with the music in XC3 is the stark somberness exuding via the wind instruments. Contrasting between then desert regions in XC2

And in XC3

I really need to track the OST CDs down as soon as it's released...

It will be unlocked later through "special" quests per in-game tips. So I'd expect that to come later down the line.

On another note, so far my biggest impression with the music in XC3 is the stark somberness exuding via the wind instruments. Contrasting between then desert regions in XC2

And in XC3

I really need to track the OST CDs down as soon as it's released...

only fitting for a game all about death

not a spoiler just elaborating
the way Taion reacts to Lanz and Sena being the Ouroboros team-up when he goes "how do you know it's you two and not me and Lanz" feels very closeted-gay/bi man attracted to Lanz but then later you have the scene where all the boys are being awkward about changing clothes in front of the girls which doesn't really track with that ...but it was certainly an interestingwrinkle on the character for a bit
You have the order of events mixed up.

The changing scene was the preceding evening. Because of that I never even guessed they were suggesting something there; at this stage Taion just seems to only be annoyed by Eunie, which I think is what the game was getting at.

Is anybody else constantly over leveled? Everything is at least 3 levels below me. I'm at Chapter 3.
Yeah me too but the uniques and boss monsters still can give me trouble. I think the game is very honest early in a tutorial where it says that normal monsters need no strategy at all or in other words they are just there for you to level up and get some drops.

Back
Top Bottom