• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Xenoblade 3 |ST| Σ Become One

Dear Monolithsoft

I have one complaint, can I turn the tutorial off.
Handholding me to know switch classes for each fuckin character is more than enough!

Aside from that love the game!

I'm happy for all the Xeno fans today. I love that feeling of a brand new high-quality game in a big series, and X3 looks really amazing.

I'm just oh-so goddamn tempted to buy it. I just want to get lost in the world. I'm just really trying to restrain my purchases right now, and I know deep down jrpg's are usually too long for me to finish.

Played some more and made it to Millick Meadows. Controlling six characters and swapping mid-combat feels great! I defeated a level 13 unique flier with a level 12 party and the battle finally lasted long enough to get a good taste of character swapping. I mostly go back and forth between Noah and Mio while Noah's cooldowns refill. Then I swap to healers in a pinch - they really like to clump around tanks so if you want them to heal an attacker you pretty much have to do it manually. Controls take some getting use to. ZL + L never feels good as someone who usually has my index finger hovering over both shoulder buttons with my middle finger behind the controller but I adjusted.

Switching over to the Agnus characters really felt like switching from Xenoblade 1 combat to 2's. Arts fill fast and are very spammy compared to the more thoughtful use of Keves arts. It's still fun and I enjoy Zephyr a lot. It's frantic quickly switching targets to catch the attention of new enemies joining the battle before they get on your healer.

I am a little concerned about planting field effects being the main thing to recharge healers' talent arts. I hope it doesn't make healers feel samey if they all need a field ring and a small AOE heal glued to their palettes with only their third art being unique. Other than that I like the idea of role actions to fill talents instead of 2's cancel arts fest - makes it feel more tactical and less spammy. I do wonder if it would've been better to give each class its own recharge condition rather than an overarching role-based condition.

The character interactions have been a lot of fun. Mio's my favorite and her VA's one of the game's best.

Gonna be picking my copy up soon, after having watched my partner play up to the fight with the first Moebius last night. For anyone who’s played a bit further already, I have some questions…

1. Is it even worth exploring, beating unique enemies, and doing quests in the beginning before you get your full party, or should I just wait to do that stuff once I have the full team? Seems like there are some annoyances in the very beginning, like if your healer dies then you’re basically shit out of luck because you can’t revive your healer, and at that point in the game you can’t take control of the healer yourself yet either…

And, somewhat related:

2. Is there any missable content that I should be worried about? I’m guessing this probably isn’t gonna be something that most people could answer right now, lol, and I highly doubt it would be the case since XC2 was really good in this area, but figured I’d ask just in case.

Wow the game immediately picks up upon meeting Mr Wild Ride himself. I wasn't super impressed to start with but this seems like the turning point for that Monolith goodness I was waiting for.

Played a bit past Wild Ride.

This is really good so far. For me, so much more refined than the previous two entries (haven't played X).
Playing as a healer and placing those rings is actually kinda fun?? Eunie is so much better than I was expecting (which is: Sharla). The limited arts are a bit of a pain at the moment but obv. that will get better once the class system opens up.

Also,
I've always felt that the story bosses in these games have been way too easy. But I only beat that first one by the skin of my teeth (my tank died right near the end!) despite only being one level under. That's promising.

Only complaints:
  • The tutorials are extremely annoying and hand-holdy. They literally forced me to use my bonus XP to level up at least one level per character?? How dare they.
  • The extremely repetitive voice lines. I'm already so annoyed by "c'mere, I've got something for ya", that I'm tempted to figure out which art triggers it to unequip it. Tho I suspect it's any aggro-gathering art.

Gonna be picking my copy up soon, after having watched my partner play up to the fight with the first Moebius last night. For anyone who’s played a bit further already, I have some questions…

1. Is it even worth exploring, beating unique enemies, and doing quests in the beginning before you get your full party, or should I just wait to do that stuff once I have the full team? Seems like there are some annoyances in the very beginning, like if your healer dies then you’re basically shit out of luck because you can’t revive your healer, and at that point in the game you can’t take control of the healer yourself yet either…

And, somewhat related:

2. Is there any missable content that I should be worried about? I’m guessing this probably isn’t gonna be something that most people could answer right now, lol, and I highly doubt it would be the case since XC2 was really good in this area, but figured I’d ask just in case.

I haven’t played it yet, but regarding point 1. In previous games, I would go for it. Obviously some high level ones would be a no go. But I would always try for the ones kinda around my level or a little bit higher and see if I luck out or not lol no harm no foul! Sometimes I would be successful by the skin of my teeth!

Quoted by: Tye
you basically want to see the outfits?
Actually Yes!

I don't know if it's like Xeno2 that you need to play a mode to get them. I watched a vídeo showing the costumes to focus on those that I want.

However, if they are available as soon as you can control the character, I'll see tonight.

Called a few places and only one had it in stock. Gonna have to schlep out in the sun to go get it. At least I was able to download the day 1 patch, since I bought the DLC.

Eagus Wilderness's theme gives me Donkey Kong Country vibes a little, I really like it. It was a tad disappointing that Millick Meadow ended up rather small despite being this game's Gaur Plains and having an amazing theme.

It's going to be a long while before you can go back to the starter area after becoming ouroboros and the rewards won't be much by then. There's really only three or four quests in the beginning, if you're interested you might as well do them and get some better accessories for the first boss fights. I'm pretty sure your Agnus team's levels will be the same as your Keves team so don't worry about that.

As for uniques, it's up to you whether you want the challenge as that's really what unique's are for. There's only one level appropriate unique in the starting zone and you can't de-level so if you want the challenge, go for it. It's perfectly beatable with your beginning team at least on normal. Also, unique tombstones are fast travel points this time around so that comes in handy.

Quoted by: Tye
I had to take a break from playing, otherwise I will literally miss sleep lmao

Some early thoughts in the game after the first 5 hrs:
  • Hard mode is the real deal. I never struggled against a bunch of bunnits and their boss before lol. Getting mobbed in hard mode can be a pain especially in the early parts of the game.
  • I made a mistake of removing the aoe buff art of Eunie. After Eunie's tutorial mentioning that her talent art recharges with aoe buff use, I finally realized why she's not doing any aoe healing as a CPU. Could have saved myself a lot of early deaths lol
  • You ain't playing Xenoblade if you're not detouring to early places with level 50+ enemies lol.

Alright Xeno fans, I hope you don’t mind me asking here real quick - going to start this series today finally with DE. Original or reorchestrated score?
Remastered. Engage The Enemy is probably the only notorious track that I'd argue is better in the original.

Holy shit what an opening.

Holy shit the menu theme.

Holy shit the animations.

Holy shit.

This game is going to emotionally wreck us isn't it?

Monolith Soft you absolute beast.

Alright Xeno fans, I hope you don’t mind me asking here real quick - going to start this series today finally with DE. Original or reorchestrated score?
Remastered is better overall but the new engage the enemy sucks a lot compared to the original so at least for the field themes on first playthrough go with original, remastered for battle tracks

I just wanted to say holy s*** at the fact that I was sold on the game 10 minutes in, amazing opening. So many details and the soundtrack pulls me in. Amazing, it's been some time ago that a game had such an impact on me. What a treat!

Edit: seeing more people had a similar experience, this is a keeper.

Really like how the flashback after the tutorial contextualizes how the combat works. Takes relatively abstract concepts and shows an idealization of how fights in this game play out.

Really like how the flashback after the tutorial contextualizes how the combat works. Takes relatively abstract concepts and shows an idealization of how fights in this game play out.
It was like watching a group of mini-Sharlas Melias, Shulks and Rains in action. Too bad Duncan, Riki and Seven seem to have been left out :(

So...unisex baths huh lol?
lol, yeah. That was a cool detail.

Remastered is better overall but the new engage the enemy sucks a lot compared to the original so at least for the field themes on first playthrough go with original, remastered for battle tracks
I take it it’s pretty easy to flip back and forth based on that then? Also I always figured Engage the Enemy was one of the battle themes lol

I only know it from Smash (many many hours of Smash…) so I know the OG pretty well and I’ve listened to the new version before and thought it sounded cool, so that’s interesting to hear that’s a common opinion. I’ll have to give them a listen back to back

It helps when the characters are warriors born for combat and have zero sex drive and no shame about their bodies

The whole plot is basically just Flashdance with the dancing replaced with sex. Sorry, I mean, ""interlinking"".

Just got to a place called Melnath's Shoulder. Holy shit lol

I take it it’s pretty easy to flip back and forth based on that then? Also I always figured Engage the Enemy was one of the battle themes lol

I only know it from Smash (many many hours of Smash…) so I know the OG pretty well and I’ve listened to the new version before and thought it sounded cool, so that’s interesting to hear that’s a common opinion. I’ll have to give them a listen back to back
Smash version butchers engage the enemy and a bunch of xenoblade tracks, they had to make them fit 2 minutes for the default smash 4 online time limit and the best part is cut along with a jarring cut in the middle of the track. Other examples include a weak counterattack remix and a pretty meh xenoblade 1 medly. There were a lot of good tracks they could have picked as well but decided to put stuff like night themes instead.

This game is mad good. Improves on 2 in every way. I just got to unlocking classes and stuff and I can already feel that the battle system will offer me lots and lots of options.

this game does so many little things well that make it feel great to play, everything from the little arrows that indicate your position to the little animations in the background at rest areas and a bunch of other stuff like that

but the forced tutorial stuff is starting to get on my nerves a bit, it just feels a bit much at times even as someone that isn't easily bothered by that sort of thing

Just got gem crafting and chain attacks. This is my favorite take on chain attacks, it's really interesting.

I recommend going for the gem that reduces auto-attack intervals for Tactician over any healing increase gem. You'll get your heals and evasion buffs way quicker, I think it's better than an extra 20 to healing power. I was actually able to craft all 20 gems as soon as soon as crafting was introduced.

this game does so many little things well that make it feel great to play, everything from the little arrows that indicate your position to the little animations in the background at rest areas and a bunch of other stuff like that

but the forced tutorial stuff is starting to get on my nerves a bit, it just feels a bit much at times even as someone that isn't easily bothered by that sort of thing
It's annoying but it isn't a huge deal. You're done with the longest tutorials in less than a minute, but I do concede they're frequent. There should be a skip option, tho, I think Xenoblade DE had it? Can't remember.

Smash version butchers engage the enemy and a bunch of xenoblade tracks, they had to make them fit 2 minutes for the default smash 4 online time limit and the best part is cut along with a jarring cut in the middle of the track. Other examples include a weak counterattack remix and a pretty meh xenoblade 1 medly. There were a lot of good tracks they could have picked as well but decided to put stuff like night themes instead.
Shame.

Played close to 2 hours so far. Opening scene is great, feels like the opening to an anime.
Tutorials have been a little to handholdy, previous ones were bad, but the constant instructions on what the next menu to select should be got annoying really fast.
Still need to unlock Mio and the others.

I wish I could disable tutorials.

I can’t stand them for any games lol. I grew up with games just tossing you into it. Even JRPGs. Perfer to just learn it myself. Don’t like being force to click menus.

Not saying no tutorials. Just an options for folks who don’t want them.

Finished chapter 2, that was hype! I feel like I'm rushing but at the same time there haven't really been any sidequests. I'm really loving these characters.

Noah's sword spoilers
I like how the hero's legendary sword in this game isn't from a god or aegis, but was just forged by mortal nopon smiths.

Oh, and about the red gogol in Millick: Jingoistic Gigantus? Where's the real Rotbart?!

What the fuck, I'm still in chapter 1 and the amount of insane shit that happens along with (I cannot express this enough) INSANE cinematic cutscenes.

And the wild ride guy is amazing, he's on the same level as metal face imo.

God, this game is making me geek out like an idiot lmao.

So much shit happens in Chapter 1 lol. I'm in Chapter 2 now and I feel like we've gone so far, even though I can still trace my path back to Colony 9.

Oh, and about the red gogol in Millick: Jingoistic Gigantus? Where's the real Rotbart?!
They're probably luring you into a false sense of security so that you'll be surprised when the real Rotbart charges at you from a random cave

Why are hardly any of the creatures docile? Even the bunnits are spoiling for a fight. I don't remember the other games being like that.
As an aside, I loved DE's way of signposting whether or not a creature was aggressive or not and what senses they could use to detect you if they were. Really miss that.
Kinda not keen on the number of fights with crab-ass scrubs I'm being forced into. I don't have time for small fry!

Back
Top Bottom