• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Xenoblade 3 |ST| Σ Become One

Ah, I screwed up with my previous post, sorry about that. Anyways, not sure if it was shown anywhere before release, but I got kinda shook when I discovered you can fight on water.

Immediate thought after seeing Mwamba in the party:

ovlj6mnthnf31.jpg

2 hours in. It's wonderful. My friend and I have just been talking nonstop about it lol

Time for sleep. Lots to do tomorrow...

Be careful going on youtube, some jerks already have "XENOBLADE 3 FINAL BOSS" with spoiler thumbnails coming up in high spots on Xeno related searches.

On a nicer note, man the menu music is great.

Wow, just.. wow.. Game's off to an incredible beginning.

I can't state enough how intriguing the entire premise is.. Don't want to go into specifics, because I don't remember what has and hasn't been revealed in the Directs. But the way that it's framed in the beginning is just fantastically done. This is awesome world building.

Noah seems to be a great character. I can't wait to see how the party members interact with him, and each other too for that matter.

The narrative has stellar presentation, with the models, voice acting and cinematography coming together nicely to create something truly captivating. <3

Awesome OP!

I ordered the LE from Nintendo and of course even the game won’t arrive tomorrow 🙃 Looking forward to joining all of y’all in Aionis on Saturday hopefully!

I understand why they are but, even then, the auto-attacks feel a tad slow, this is really the only significant nitpick I have right now. Guess I'm way too used to cancelling auto-attacks in 2.

The first areas were scary flat coming from 2, up until the entrance to the desert then the xenoblade happens.
The promises of the combat are sky high though.

Been playing/streaming it since it unlocked, and good lord, this game is excellent so far. The tone was set real fast; I actually got emotional in the first 20 minutes of playing, which is nuts to me. The soundtrack also just doesn't miss whatsoever; the composition team are absolutely knocking it out of the park here. This game is going to be a wild ride for sure, and I'm all in for it. Really looking forward to seeing just how this game unfolds over the course of the playthrough, but just from what I've played so far, I think we're going to have a real winner on our hands.

Played 4 hours and beat Mr. Wild Ride. The game is fantastic but I have to force myself to sleep now lol. Everything feels so good. You can fight and jump while in water, jumping in general feels good (doesn't kill momentum like in 2 nor is it clunky and weird like in 1 - it's no X sprint jump though), collectables can be picked up while aggroed, and you can move while drawing your weapon to enter combat. The auto-target feature is something I've been wanting. I always felt getting into battle was cumbersome with the two-button approach on top of having to come to a complete hault to draw your weapon, but that's all been fixed now. You can turn auto-target off though for those who don't like it which is nice.

I'm loving combat. I always preferred the first game's combat to 2's and so far this feels like a really slick version of 1 with the Keves crew. I'm using quick move to dash behind the enemy for a back attack and then dash back into Eunie's power field for auto-attacks and Air Slash. Noah's Talent Art only fills with positionals so I have to think of the order of my arts and when they come off their cooldowns to make sure my talent is charged in time to get the dazed bonus. It pays not to spam all three out the gate. I usually open with the back attack, then wait until it's half-way recharged, and then go for the side break. By the time it's dazed, the back attack is off cooldown and I can cancel my talent art out of it. It gets to the heart of what I love about these systems and I'm happy to see a return to 1's more methodical approach to combat. Can't wait to see how it evolves once Agnus arts are added to the mix. I do wish you could cancel out of quick move into an art though.

I enjoyed just exploring the starter area. I climbed to the top of a bunch of rocks for the hell of it and was rewarded by finding a key item out in the field. I snuck by some level 20s to get another key item collectible. And I managed to defeat the unique bunnit when it happened to spawn as a lucky. Just a wonderful intro and I'm beyond thrilled to begin a whole new Xenoblade!

My favorite unique monster name I noticed: Houserhunter Carly

Game is here and I'm wondering why I didn't book today off work! Love hearing all of the great impressions so far!

"Unstoppable Spear!"

Good Lord, never before has Blaze been so annoying, the guy is tough in Hard. But I'm a sucker for meanies and Mr. Wild Ride was so much better than I was anticipating him to be in that regard, I actually felt somewhat tense in those moments. And the boss music, tho, goddamn. Also, I love Mio's English actress already, she's amazing.

This was an incredible start, tbh, I daresay the best in the series and by a massive margin. Shulk vs. Metal Face was good but many of the events preceding that battle had their rough spots, this game is just intriguing from the first minute.

Played about 45 minutes and I’ve got to say, this combat system and the hud feels really refined. It’s taken the best parts of 1 and 2 and meshed them together to make a fantastic feeling game!

The story has me hooked already too! Love the concept and can’t wait to see where it goes. Very impressed

played it for like 3 hours and the game feels very polished but the combat feels pretty underwhelming so far, as does the area design in general

but I don't even have the whole party yet and have basically just seen the first area so obviously i'm still very early, it'll probably feel great as the complexity ramps up more

edit: also something of a nitpicky complaint on my end that's more of a me thing but I really don't like the button mapping for the dash, I HATE clicking on control sticks

edit2: it does feel great that you can finally just fight enemies in the water wherever, those were always so annoying in previous games

Last edited:
Can’t wait for the memes.

Also I guess we’ll learn about the credits and all that jazz soon. Voice actors will
Probably be able to outright confirm their involvement too.

Does it have a day one update? Curious if it resolves any of the issues the reviewers spoke about (very light frame drops). Can't wait to get it after work.

Unless I missed it or something, there isnt day one update. I just loaded up the game, went straight to the game and started playing.
the Day-1 patch came out yesterday and its English patch notes are linked at the bottom of the OP btw ;)

Man, I really love the characters so far. Everyone just feels so real and alive. Makes the inevitable heartbreaking scenes later feel that much more emotional. Also, the music playing during the first Moebius encounter is crazy!
Edit: hard mode is really really hard. I think using bonus exp at camps is needed before you get the full 6 person party, but even then I can't really take on more than 3 or even sometimes 2 enemies at the same time.

3 more minutes until my vacation starts and I can play the game for a full week with no interruptions … 2 more minutes …

Just left target with my copy in hand after waking up earlier than I have in years to get there at opening, excited to spend the whole day playing.

I was supposed to go a concert tonight but after the artist rescheduled the date to the same day a xenoblade 3 idk what she expected : p

Holy shit that A4 notebook. It's hardback and has drafting ruling.

I need to find something worthwhile to do with it.

Played for like 3 hours.. man, this is good!

Very good!
After the first hour I can say that tech-wise is way cleaner than DE and 2, and story-wise that the atmosphere is pretty different, somehow more mature compared to the beginning of previous games

So, I woke up early and started playing right away. Got barely 2 hours because I'm sadly a relatively active person who works out early and in my free days (like today) I like to go for a walk of about an hour which is a time that I could have used to go to my closest game store and purchase the game physically (or wait until tomorrow for the preorder I made which was cheaper instead of cancelling it).

... But man, oh man. Those two early hours of play are so precious! Game plays fantastically (better than XC2's battle system which I already liked) and the premise is so interesting so far, digging the characters too. Don't regret this at all.

I foolishly scheduled a work meeting for when my Best Buy opens, but after that I'm off to pick it up, and then attempt to get some work done today while it sits, menacingly, in my Switch.

i'll have my copy in 12 hours AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Born in a world of strife, against the odds, we choose to fight! Blossom Dance!
Hero Dunban! Back with a vengeance!"

Don't get careless
Don't get careless guys
But we mustn't be careless

Man, I really love the characters so far. Everyone just feels so real and alive. Makes the inevitable heartbreaking scenes later feel that much more emotional. Also, the music playing during the first Moebius encounter is crazy!
Edit: hard mode is really really hard. I think using bonus exp at camps is needed before you get the full 6 person party, but even then I can't really take on more than 3 or even sometimes 2 enemies at the same time.
Yeah i love them all as well but Eunie is definitely my favorite for now. Mio is the one i like to play as the most though and Taion is also fun to play as. Great bunch.

Early thoughts (having just finished the Mr. Wild Ride event)

The game feels much higher budget than 1(DE) and 2 so far, and with that a lot more polished. Certain things like the water animation in the opening cutscene in particular stick out.

Very intrigued by the plot, I was initially a bit worried about it being too bleak overall, but he mystery and intrigue have set in and I’m now invested. The Möbius’s cocky, above it all attitude really sells that there are larger things at play than we know now. Also, while we knew Vandham was in this game (and RIP already) it was cool also seeing Yew and Zuoh with him, which while likely just a nod to 2, does get the speculation thoughts flowing.

Only real nitpick I have so far is that the combat feels like it lacks some of the spectacle 2 had. This can probably be chalked up to not all the mechanics being in place yet, and I am enjoying it overall, but it also feels, for lack of a better term, less “crunchy” than I’d like, like attacks don’t quite feel as impactful as they should.

Overall though, very positive first few hours.

played it for like 3 hours and the game feels very polished but the combat feels pretty underwhelming so far, as does the area design in general

but I don't even have the whole party yet and have basically just seen the first area so obviously i'm still very early, it'll probably feel great as the complexity ramps up more

edit: also something of a nitpicky complaint on my end that's more of a me thing but I really don't like the button mapping for the dash, I HATE clicking on control sticks

edit2: it does feel great that you can finally just fight enemies in the water wherever, those were always so annoying in previous games

played another ~3 hours and finished chapter 1

the combats felt real boring so far but finally seeing a light at the end of the tunnel, agnian classes seem way more fun than keves classes just from the little i've seen there(at least at this stage without the cross class stuff unlocked, I imagine things even out more later but right now it isn't even close you're just sitting there autoattacking for long periods of time with keves classes which is real boring and the agnus ones seem to have a lot less of that), and i've unlocked the full party now(but haven't done anything with it)

character interactions starting to click a bit more with the full party unlocked too, the area design has yet to improve but it's not like i've seen a bunch yet there

Yeah i love them all as well but Eunie is definitely my favorite for now. Mio is the one i like to play as the most though and Taion is also fun to play as. Great bunch.
She's just so full of confidence I love it. I also love how blunt she is and the way she pokes fun at Taion.

I'd like to take this opportunity to rage against the outdated mandatory eight-hours-per-day work schedule.

I am sitting here in my home office dying to go to the living room to start playing Xenoblade 3. However, even though I have finished all my tasks for the week and have nothing left to do, I have to remain here for another four hours until I can start what ought to be an epic quest.

With that being said, I hope everyone is having a blast! And I will join you soon enough.

I like the theme of the first area you begin in quite a bit. Hope that bodes well for me liking the soundtrack. I have seen a few peeps that weren't so hot on the music, but so far so good.

Soundtrack can be mixed, but when it hits it HITS. I love the menu music so much.
played another ~3 hours and finished chapter 1

the combats felt real boring so far but finally seeing a light at the end of the tunnel, agnian classes seem way more fun than keves classes just from the little i've seen there(at least at this stage without the cross class stuff unlocked, I imagine things even out more later but right now it isn't even close you're just sitting there autoattacking for long periods of time with keves classes which is real boring and the agnus ones seem to have a lot less of that), and i've unlocked the full party now(but haven't done anything with it)

character interactions starting to click a bit more with the full party unlocked too, the area design has yet to improve but it's not like i've seen a bunch yet there

Chapter 2 is basically the typical combat tutorial. Combat is much better in chapter 3 and beyond. Honestly it might be my personal favorite combat system of the series, and I had similar concerns as you early on.

I like the theme of the first area you begin in quite a bit. Hope that bodes well for me liking the soundtrack. I have seen a few peeps that weren't so hot on the music, but so far so good.
Was it like this throughout the entire game for them or just a few hours in?

Negativity Warning:

Apart from the interesting opening cutscene, this is my least favourite intro to a Xeno game in the series. In the first hour and a half there's an ugly first area, mostly average music (which is shocking for Monolith), extremely repeated battle lines and a tutorial that holds your hand through things like opening the menu. I'm sure it's going to get better, but oof. I was already enjoying myself by this point in the other games.

Anyways, a question: can you tell which enemies are hostile and which aren't? The old 'eye' indicator seems to be gone.

Last edited:
Early thoughts (having just finished the Mr. Wild Ride event)

The game feels much higher budget than 1(DE) and 2 so far, and with that a lot more polished. Certain things like the water animation in the opening cutscene in particular stick out.

Very intrigued by the plot, I was initially a bit worried about it being too bleak overall, but he mystery and intrigue have set in and I’m now invested. The Möbius’s cocky, above it all attitude really sells that there are larger things at play than we know now. Also, while we knew Vandham was in this game (and RIP already) it was cool also seeing Yew and Zuoh with him, which while likely just a nod to 2, does get the speculation thoughts flowing.

Only real nitpick I have so far is that the combat feels like it lacks some of the spectacle 2 had. This can probably be chalked up to not all the mechanics being in place yet, and I am enjoying it overall, but it also feels, for lack of a better term, less “crunchy” than I’d like, like attacks don’t quite feel as impactful as they should.

Overall though, very positive first few hours.
I lnow exactly what you mean by "crunchy", and I personally feel like it's because this game is like 1DE where auto-attacks don't have that massive hit-stop that they do in 2

Plus sound sound design goes a long way. I'm sure it's a matter of getting used to, because there's still a lot that's very different and new. But yeah, I wish we had more of that hit-stop effect on auto-attacks instead of that "swinging at air" look from 1DE.

Back
Top Bottom