• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Xenoblade 3 |ST| Σ Become One

WE IN LETS GOOO
HAPPY XENOBLADE DAY

heck it im even gonna change my icon to celebrate!

Last edited:
Excellent ST, can't wait to start this up tomorrow morning. I debated starting tonight but decided I'd rather just get a good night's sleep and get in early tomorrow rather than wreck my sleep schedule for no reason. I'm too old to pull an all-nighter :p

What’s going on with the tweets for those trailers from Nintendo of America’s Twitter? Something about unlocking the mirrored preview of the trailers with a timestamp? Has anyone figured out what this means yet?

What’s going on with the tweets for those trailers from Nintendo of America’s Twitter? Something about unlocking the mirrored preview of the trailers with a timestamp? Has anyone figured out what this means yet?

it's just that one is Keves and one is Agnus perspective with the characters from the respective nations taking the lead and POV in the shots and determine who is getting featured. try to sync them both up, it's quite interesting (dialogue is chaos, you're not supposed to view them like that, it's just a neat little thing)

It’s so close, can’t wait to dive in tomorrow morning! This is the first time I’ve ever taken a day off work to play a game.

I like the theme of the first area you begin in quite a bit. Hope that bodes well for me liking the soundtrack. I have seen a few peeps that weren't so hot on the music, but so far so good.

it's just that one is Keves and one is Agnus perspective with the characters from the respective nations taking the lead and POV in the shots and determine who is getting featured. try to sync them both up, it's quite interesting (dialogue is chaos, you're not supposed to view them like that, it's just a neat little thing)
That’s what I assumed, that you’re supposed to play them at the same time or something but I’m not understanding what they mean by the timestamp and all.

I just got an email about 15 minutes ago that my copy of the game from the collectors edition just shipped!

That’s what I assumed, that you’re supposed to play them at the same time or something but I’m not understanding what they mean by the timestamp and all.
I think it's them wording it weirdly that you're supposed to sync them up so the opposite scenes play at the same time(stamp).

I like the theme of the first area you begin in quite a bit. Hope that bodes well for me liking the soundtrack. I have seen a few peeps that weren't so hot on the music, but so far so good.
Really? I've heard pretty much nothing but praise for it, although a few did mention that it's sometimes a bit different than what you might expect in a Xenoblade game. I still have heard almost none of it, since I'm trying to hear most in-game for the first time

Really? I've heard pretty much nothing but praise for it, although a few did mention that it's sometimes a bit different than what you might expect in a Xenoblade game. I still have heard almost none of it, since I'm trying to hear most in-game for the first time
Yeah i have seen a few who love the game overall but just didn't like the music. But every track i have heard so far has been great.

The tutorializing is the only issue i have with the game so far. They really explain everything.

I swear these last few hours are taking longer than the last few months. Just killing time until midnight EST

LET THE WILD RIDE BE RELEASED!!!

20220728-164217.jpg

So, so excited. Can't believe I have it. See ya in 2030, boys.

Welp, couldn't resist and I actually pre-purchased this on the eShop since is possible that my copy was going to be late and I had a few extra coins to spent.

I guess I will get this physically eventually. Is the collector's edition going to be widely available by the way?

Play them at the exact same time and they line up

NBUDKTd.gif

Born in a world of strife, against the odds we choose to fight!

That‘s a pretty nice OT first post over there!

I’ll put the thread on watch but sadly I won’t read or post much until I finish the game or I have some question trying to avoid spoilers… but when the time is right I’ll come back in full force!

I just started the game three hours ago and I’m exploring slowly, reading tutorials and practicing combat, taking my sweet time… 😻❤️❤️❤️

OMG finally

I’ve been raking silver coins just for this moment lol…

just got everything

Last edited:
So… I’m definitely calling in sick tomorrow to play hooky for this game. The only question is, do I play it tonight at midnight and mess up my sleep schedule, or start in the morning and enjoy it all day from a well rested state?

So… I’m definitely calling in sick tomorrow to play hooky for this game. The only question is, do I play it tonight at midnight and mess up my sleep schedule, or start in the morning and enjoy it all day from a well rested state?
My plan is to play at 11 and beeline it to Mr. Wild Ride and beat him/maybe Chapter 1 tonight.

So my tracking is now looking like a Saturday delivery. Not the end of the world since I got a good deal on the game to begin with.

Please avoid posting nsfw reaction images. A link to the site's rules can be found at the bottom of the page. - Aurc, paranoodle, blondkayvon
Just finished my first session, and I'm sorry but this is the best way I can sum it up:

Mod edit: image removed

Characters now talk while running on the field if they feel the need to suggest to the left or to the right, for God's sake! No more long-drawn-out cutscenes that just cut the pacing. Also, and so far, characters have appropriate responses for NPCs, instead of the usual "well, that seems like a problem" default comments in previous games. Or at least I hope that continues, but in both the original and 2 that doesn't typically happen, even in the very beginning. I think it's a one-time thing, though, seems too good to be true.

The status menu's music is lit btw, and speaking of that one, I'm glad it's generally snappy, saving your file doesn't take 4-6 seconds like in 2, for that matter; and it's worth pointing out that I'm in love with the HUD and the new collectibles style. Characters also don't look as stiff and clunky while they're running and jumping. And all of that is on top of the gorgeous presentation, I'm really digging the character design.

I've spotted one use of 2's sound effects (on the overworld crates which one of the characters called 'salvaging' something, so I guess it's intentional), and one NPC (the shopkeeper in Colony 9) definitely has the same animations as some of the female NPCs in 2 have. Will be fun figuring how much in common 3 has with 2.

I seriously cannot understate how enamored I am right now. I'll take a rest and then continue, though.

I have to wait until tomorrow to pick up my physical copy, but my partner got a digital copy so they’re gonna start playing it tonight while I have to wait… ._.

Here’s hoping Best Buy actually fucking lets me do curbside pickup this time like I always set my orders to be so that I can come pick it up an hour earlier before the store opens, but it seems something always gets fucked up whenever I go to pick up my orders now and the website/app just doesn’t let me do curbside like it’s supposed to so I have to wait another hour and go inside the store once they open…

Okay. Fire Emblem Warriors is done. Started and finished Portal for the first time (a fantastic experience). Live A Live is being held off for August/September. Ready for Xenoblade 3 now.

7 AM wake-up, coffee and Xenoblade.

Monolith posted what I assume is the final blog entry:

Not really anything new, it's a recap of everything (characters, world, combat). It also shows footage of the training drills which I think was in the interview post earlier today. They have the elite monster track that I don't believe got its own tweet, though most have probably been listening to the leaked version already.

It's been fun following the tweets and blog posts these last few months and speculating about everything little thing on here. Really makes the release of a new Monolith game feel like such an event!

Monolith posted what I assume is the final blog entry:

Not really anything new, it's a recap of everything (characters, world, combat). It also shows footage of the training drills which I think was in the interview post earlier today. They have the elite monster track that I don't believe got its own tweet, though most have probably been listening to the leaked version already.

It's been fun following the tweets and blog posts these last few months and speculating about everything little thing on here. Really makes the release of a new Monolith game feel like such an event!
Yep, pre-release here was a blast, and now the game's almost here (for me)! It was a wild ride, everyone

Awesome work! Only 1 hour in yet I'm already feeling attached to the main cast. The voice acting is so good in this one, especically during the flashback at the start. I actually like Lanz more than I thought I would!

Just finished the first real fight in the game and completely hooked on the story. Loving every character so far. What a start to the game!

Just picked mine up from the shops. Will give it a whirl tonight after work, soccer training and putting kids to bed >.<

Back
Top Bottom