• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Xenoblade 3 |ST| Σ Become One

I mean i think it is kinda funny that from now on a Nintendo character has the following nickname...

Monica ''the Bitchqueen'' Vandham

Finished the game today.

This is one of the best JRPG’s I’ve ever played, and not only that, it’s easily my favorite Monolithsoft game and perhaps even the best thing Takahashi has put his name on.

Everything that the respective teams that has woven into the Xeno fabrics over the years has been brought to its logical conclusion, its definitive end-point, its absolute climax here. XC3 doesn’t exactly reinvent the wheel, but it doesn’t need to, and it shows why it can be good at times for a creative work to simply take a stop, accumulate everything that came before it, and sharpen it to damn near perfection.

I can’t speak for the Xenosaga games or XC2, but the imaginative setting and the narrative backbone and premise of XC1 is definitely something iterated upon here, there’s traces of X in the world design and sidequesting, and most importantly, for me at least: themes, ideas and concepts going all the way back to Xenogears has been baked into the story, in a way that makes it hit sooooo damn hard. That’s probably my favorite thing about the game, how “Gears-y” it felt at times. It’s amazing how it dug deep into fragments of one of my favorite Squaresoft games and managed to modernize, sharpen and stylize them into something truly beautiful.

There’s definitely irks and ires regarding pacing, length, and the good old “it-gets-good-after-15-hours” thing. But I think those irks in time simply evaporates in the shadow of the fact that, for me, the story has never been better, the sidequests never been more engrossing, the world has never been prettier, and the battles have never been more fun in a Xeno game.

Standing ovations, Monolith. Standing ovations.

Isurd's little revenge speech was soooo bad, lmfao. I couldn't believe they were saying out loud "the past has come back to haunt you". Luckily it gets resolved later

Last edited:
had a random crash while flipping through the interlink menus this morning, has something like that happened to anyone else? thankfully I compulsively quicksave every time I open the menu lol

anyway, loving this game a lot; still at the very start of chapter 3 but it's got me hooked in a way that no game has for awhile

MY HEART!!!!! OH MY FUCKING GOD!

I want to spend my time with...my Noah

I legit have tears in my eyes man...

I also experienced one crash, but it wasn't while using the menus. It was while I was out exploring the overworld.

Fortunately, it was a one-time thing in the 45 hours I have played so far. I did lose a bit of progress in a sidequest I was doing, though, which was a shame.

So far (mid Chapter 5) I think I only have two criticisms of the game

I wish getting a new Accessory didn't put a notification dot next to both the Items menu and the Characters menu (because of Characters > Accessories)

I also wish Chain Attacks had more integration with the battle itself, instead of being a non-sequitur that lacks strategy and planning - I think Xenoblade 2 had Chain Attacks perfected in that the entire battle centered around building up the power of the eventual Chain Attack, making the Chain Attack feel like a climax to a long crescendo.

Those are literally the only two criticisms of the game I have so far off the top of my head, beyond personal preferences (like how nowhere in the game feels as comfy and vibrant and alive as Gormott)

Beyond that, this game as an RPG is immaculate. The gem crafting system, the way equipped items are saved to characters' classes and auto-equipped when switching classes, and of course, the whole Class system itself. This game is incredible.

I was struggling with a group of quest enemies so I autoleveled my bonus experience without really doing the math on how much I had.

Level 35 to Level 41 lol. Time to mainline the story a bit so I can actually get class points.

No fucking way, just no fucking way...chapter 5 in my god damn opinion is the best chapter in a fucking Xenoblade game...

For the first time in my life, I started bawling...Mio being sent off...

And FUCK YOU N AND YOU SHANIA!!

I also wish Chain Attacks had more integration with the battle itself, instead of being a completely separate and strategy-lacking menu - I think Xenoblade 2 had Chain Attacks perfected the way the entire battle centered around building up the power of the eventual Chain Attack, making the Chain Attack feel like a climax to a long crescendo
I made a post on this in your combat thread a bit earlier, but I agree. Another downside of this is that if you're playing optimally, chain attacks take so long in 3. Whereas in 2 they were only as long as how many orbs you had, so if it's a shorter/easier battle where you didn't have time to build up too many orbs, the chain attack would be shorter too. And that's all you'd need anyway since it was a shorter/easier battle in the first place! I guess the characters in 3 have no chill, they go in just as hard even against a bunnit. Fighting in order to live and living to fight indeed

I'm still in Chapter 4 so maybe this will be explained a bit more, but here are some location based musings:

It's pretty interesting that we have locations from Torna and Morytha just out in the open in this world. Makes me question the very nature of the world (not that I know it anyway lol), but I assumed it is some sort of amalgamation of 1 and 2 so far.

Dannagh Desert in particular is interesting because it would probably no longer exist. The Morytha buildings at least look old and damaged like they do in Xenoblade 2.

Related but I hope we get to explore more of Uraya eventually.

Being stuck at work all day when I had to quit playing after JUST starting chapter 5 last night is rough. C'mon time, you can go faster for a bit, right?

I am also stuck at work wishing I was playing :(

I have really enjoyed how the hero system kind of takes the place of the rare blades in 2, except way better since they aren't left up to chance in getting. You still get the character specific quest lines as well, which I've appreciated. It does feel like the defender archetype gets the short end of the stick, as I've mostly been finding attacker and healer ones, but I'm only in chapter 4, so maybe that changes later on.

Tirkin falling is the only thing that has made Taion laugh in my playthrough so far. Someone show this young man a bunch of classic Looney Tunes and Tom & Jerry.

• If you do not die "properly" (i.e. Homecoming), your consciousness is reborn with all memories of past lives sealed deep inside you. Off-seeing is purely celebratory and does nothing.
  • There is no way in hell N isn't a past life of Noah that jokerified after learning the full truth of the world. Maybe he's even the first iteration of Noah, the one we see in the opening cutscene.
  • Moebius is a group of people with godlike power, who set up the entire Flame Clock system to essentially turn the world into their own little playground
    • If a particular colony is getting too high in the ranks, they have Moebius interfere and destroy it to keep the "game" fair. Alternatively, the Eunie scene was about Colony 18 rebelling against Consul D and being wiped out in return.
  • The worlds merged because of the dimensional rifts, which were aftershocks of Klaus's experiment. The fog is a form of dimensional spillage, for a lack of a better term, and its presence at annihilation events signifies that the dimensional structure at that place has grown extremely unstable.
Also, for those who have beaten the game, how close am I to halfway? I know there are 7 chapters, but I remember reading that each successive one is larger than the last.

• If you do not die "properly" (i.e. Homecoming), your consciousness is reborn with all memories of past lives sealed deep inside you. Off-seeing is purely celebratory and does nothing.
  • There is no way in hell N isn't a past life of Noah that jokerified after learning the full truth of the world. Maybe he's even the first iteration of Noah, the one we see in the opening cutscene.
  • Moebius is a group of people with godlike power, who set up the entire Flame Clock system to essentially turn the world into their own little playground
    • If a particular colony is getting too high in the ranks, they have Moebius interfere and destroy it to keep the "game" fair. Alternatively, the Eunie scene was about Colony 18 rebelling against Consul D and being wiped out in return.
  • The worlds merged because of the dimensional rifts, which were aftershocks of Klaus's experiment. The fog is a form of dimensional spillage, for a lack of a better term, and its presence at annihilation events signifies that the dimensional structure at that place has grown extremely unstable.
Also, for those who have beaten the game, how close am I to halfway? I know there are 7 chapters, but I remember reading that each successive one is larger than the last.
It probably depends most on how much side content you do, but for what it’s worth, I had around 20 hours after Chapter 3, and around 40 hours after Chapter 5 while only doing Hero quests and a couple side quests. Don’t worry about the length.

I am genuinely lost for words...chapter 6 has blown me away. I legit cannot find any words describe what I'm feeling.

I genuinely cried when Mio got sent off but that god damn twist got my jaw wide opened, Mio and M swapped bodies in chapter 5!!!

And not to mention, the sword of origins giving us more gameplay features and abilities hell yes!!

And to top it off, that orchestrated soundtrack and flutes is everything as well as the excellent English dub. Noah and N knocked it out the park

This game is fast approaching to my most favorite Jrpg in history. I genuinely can't wait to find out how this game ends.

It probably depends most on how much side content you do, but for what it’s worth, I had around 20 hours after Chapter 3, and around 40 hours after Chapter 5 while only doing Hero quests and a couple side quests. Don’t worry about the length.
I was actually hoping it would be a bit shorter. Goddamn this game is huge

I showed up to ask a question about the side quest Forgotten Supplies of Colony 9

I found the supplies but those goons of Kite show up, is there any consequence of the choice?
Like if I hand it over then that Kite guy will get more reputation and replace Zeon for the commander later?

I am genuinely lost for words...chapter 6 has blown me away. I legit cannot find any words describe what I'm feeling.

I genuinely cried when Mio got sent off but that god damn twist got my jaw wide opened, Mio and M swapped bodies in chapter 5!!!

And not to mention, the sword of origins giving us more gameplay features and abilities hell yes!!

And to top it off, that orchestrated soundtrack and flutes is everything as well as the excellent English dub. Noah and N knocked it out the park

This game is fast approaching to my most favorite Jrpg in history. I genuinely can't wait to find out how this game ends.
A detail in one of your previous posts that I didn't realize until you made it:

It wasn't Mio but M saying she wanted to spend time with "her Noah" in the prison.

Don't you just love when Xenoblade protags spend their time bullying local wildlife out of nowhere. This part made me chuckle for some reason.

GIF-220804-112417.gif

Has anybody found a Break resist item? I have resist items for all the other combo steps but can't seem to find any info about the location of Break Brooch

haven't beaten the game but just for reference I finished chapter 3 at 36 hours and am currently at 48 hours and probably have at least a few hours left till I finish chapter 4

aside from new areas to explore you kinda get more and more side quests as you go on since you unlock more colonies and they unlock new side quests over time etc, I probably had like 10 side quests that unlocked when I started chapter 4 just from new quests from old colonies for example

A random question, you know how there's Xenoblade profiles now on Switch, do they go forever after 5th August?

I might actually sub to NSO for that alone lol (and Splatoon 3).

A random question, you know how there's Xenoblade profiles now on Switch, do they go forever after 5th August?

I might actually sub to NSO for that alone lol (and Splatoon 3).
The ones that are available right now, yeah, I think they'll be gone for a while at the very least. Not sure about forever.

Does anyone know precisely what is accounted in the process of a character learning a class? If I had to guess, it's proximity and maybe combo assistance/role function, but I'm not sure.

Does anyone know precisely what is accounted in the process of a character learning a class? If I had to guess, it's proximity and maybe combo assistance/role function, but I'm not sure.
The more characters that are using a specific class in a party, the faster the others will learn it. Some characters also have affinities with different classes that makes them learn it more quickly, but idk specifics about that

From my experience, you learn a class and unlock new ones much faster by fighting enemies at your level or higher.

This is the peak of Xenoblade franchise for sure, can't count how many times I rewatched it trying not to cry and completely failing, thank you Monolith

The more characters that are using a specific class in a party, the faster the others will learn it. Some characters also have affinities with different classes that makes them learn it more quickly, but idk specifics about that
I do remember the game pointing that out, now that you mention it. I looked up back then but I don't think there's a way to distinguish a character's affinity with a certain class. Not that it matters a lot since raising the aptitude is fairly quickly, but it would be nice to know the specifics.

Some whiplash from the game talking about life and little time left to being happy about hunting a defenseless animal to eat lol

The last part of chapter 4 was so hype I had to call a friend as soon as I beat it.

Then I decompressed spending 20 minutes trying to grow some potatoes for Zeon.

I posted about the end of chapter 4 being amazing last night & it turns out that wasn't even the end

I just got to the actual end & that was incredible

I do remember the game pointing that out, now that you mention it. I looked up back then but I don't think there's a way to distinguish a character's affinity with a certain class. Not that it matters a lot since raising the aptitude is fairly quickly, but it would be nice to know the specifics.
There is, press ZR on the class selection screen. Letter grade in the top right corresponds to class aptitude

There is, it's the letter grade at the upper right-hand corner of the class when you have a character selected:

(sorry for the tiny image, but it's the "B" circled here in red)

AFI62Rn.jpg

I did the Alexandria Hero quest.

In hindsight. Her reveal from the direct and reaction to her from fans is now really awkward.

Ffs lol...

I get so excited to see Nia, the moment she wakes up, gets STABBED.

False alarm, she's still alive and immediately starts cursing in front people, just like old times lmao

I really think I should move on with the main story, but the side content feels so story important that I feel like I'm going to miss out on some crucial stuff if I'm not thorough enough.

Back
Top Bottom