• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Xenoblade 3 |ST| Σ Become One

Finished chapter 5 and started chapter 6

9dcRbHO.gif
I fucking know right
My partner and I had taken an edible during the
prison escape sequence
and let me just say that was a huge mistake

I'm surprised to see so many people miss the affinity chart. I wasn't going to say anything before because I figured it would be massively unpopular, but 3 definitely feels like it's missing something without all the little things to tinker with. In a weird way, it feels less Xenobladey without that kind of stuff. I can't tell you how many times I opened my menu and thought about how I should upgrade some arts and skills before remembering I can't.

I just got to
Upper Aetia after completing Mio’s ascension quest, and heading down toward Cooley Lake
and hoo boy this is one of the best views in the series on a sunny day. I’m crazy impressed with the draw distance and that the Switch can handle this so well. I think anyone who’s worried about BOTW2’s performance and draw distance with sky islands should take a good look at this game.

I fucking know right

My partner and I had taken an edible during the prison escape sequence and let me just say that was a huge mistake
Yeah, at first I didn't noticed because all the infodump but when the game asked to save and saw the difference in time I was like "welp, they know how to keep you glued to your seat"

I just started the quest, but
Having the android girl party member named “Number 7” HAS to be the devs/localization team giving a fun nod to “Seven” from XC1, right?

I'm surprised to see so many people miss the affinity chart. I wasn't going to say anything before because I figured it would be massively unpopular, but 3 definitely feels like it's missing something without all the little things to tinker with. In a weird way, it feels less Xenobladey without that kind of stuff. I can't tell you how many times I opened my menu and thought about how I should upgrade some arts and skills before remembering I can't.
I feel this exact same way

The Affinity Charts were one of my favorite parts of 2. You get tangible rewards for each node, so the grind is always rewarding watching your Blade get more and more powerful.

Plus the sounds are so satisfying. I completed every single Affinity chart (yes, including that one) in both 2 and Torna.

Me personally, I just got annoyed wondering why one of my Blades' moves wasn't very good only to find out I couldn't level it unless I found and beat Splendiferous Fernando or whoever

I do think no equipment in 3 does suck though, I have way too much money with not much to spend.

I just started the quest, but
Having the android girl party member named “Number 7” HAS to be the devs/localization team giving a fun nod to “Seven” from XC1, right?
wouldn't be surprised. There's a hero whose moveset is a reference to Dunban, a hero whose class and weapons are a reference to Elma, I swear the War Medic outfit is a reference to Rex.. so they're already deliberately sprinkling references throughout those heroes.

Hey I didn't say the game looks bad, it looks great but that was part of the issue. Take this picture of Theosoir, really looks like somewhere I'd like to explore, very enticing but it just didn't connect with me at all. I found the actual experience of being there bland, it's a big open space with a handful of pouch item shops and anything exciting you can explore is blocked by skill checks.

Xenoblade 2 isn't a game devoid of wonder and magic, I personally didn't find much wonder or magic in the way its level design was presented to me, be that through exploring or through the way it ties into the game's systems. Not to say the entire game has bad level design or that really any of it is terrible, I just think Xenoblade 3 has much better level design that better ties into its world, its systems and encourages exploration more.

I don't recall a single person complaining about Gormott being hard to navigate. I remember people complaining about the map system, but not Gormott's level design, which is incredible and well crafted.
You really don't remember folk having trouble getting to Umon's Shipyard? I would argue if you need the map, which I don't mind admitting that I did, then your level design has some small issues but we can agree to disagree here, Gormott isn't my favourite area. I love having to find stuff, I love exploring maps but Gormott at times just felt confusing.

Regarding your point, this is how you can describe every area in 3 (huge linear areas with nothing except for NPCs and enemies), minus the "you are inside a big fish" factor.
You can look at full maps of XC2 regions and XC3 regions and draw your own conclusions in regards to how they're designed and fit together but again my original point is the XC3 maps are a better canvas for the game's systems to be painted over.

I believe this also suited Xenoblade 2 when you could do it then
Sure maybe there was a bit of that, they're just different.

Anyway, that's just my view on it. I don't want to get bogged down in XC2 bad because it isn't but it's hard to talk about the new entry in a vacuum so I'd like my main focus still to be, XC3 level design good.

I am one who needs rewards for exploration purposes and Xeno3 is no doubt the worst in the series in this aspect, which brings down the main enjoyment of the game for me. All the rewards you get feel no significant at all. Money is useless, no thing you can buy is better than what you already have. Nopon coins are only fine because their purpose is try to make less painful the class system progress, but they don't bring anything significant. And dead bodies... yeah, they are a bunch of nothing.

Only the supply boxes may have something interesting on them but at the end the problem is only having one field in your stats sheet to make you more powerful through exploration which is the equipment menu. Xeo 2 was way better in this regard with the blade system and the affinity charts. You always felt like progressing in a meaningful way and you also could decide which way to progress. Xeno 3 is too automared for its own good.

I feel like all the games have the exact same reward for exploration: unique monsters, the main course of the game.
It works really well for me.

I don't think anyone here was doing that
not explicitly but that is the vibe I've been getting a lot from reading a boatload of impressions over the past two weeks. unless it was always the same 2 people complaining in circles which is ofc likely lol
Has anyone else decided to go ahead and complete the Tau-Tirkin Alliance quest by doing the actual fetch quest just out of pure stubbornness? 💪
I picked up every single one of these dumb green nectarines

I think, when all is said and one, XC3 is another great game in the series. It's kind of funny that we all thought this was going to be the game that combined the best of XC and XC2 to create the ultimate game in the franchise, the one that would unite us all!

But, just like XC2, it very much is it's own thing. And like XC2, I think XC3 does some things better than it's predecessor, some things not so much.

Obviously there's a lot of passionate posting here and elsewhere, but I think it's all coming from a good place. I can strongly argue my case, as can others and I don't think any of us are fully right or fully wrong.

Xenoblade sits in a funny spot. It's not an annual release, or a trilogy in the truest sense. It's not FF either which, mostly, offers up self-contained stories. It's somewhere in-between, standalone but part of a larger whole. That's a tricky balance to achieve.

Edit: I just figured it out because asking / complaining on the internet always works. Sorry!

I had a question about a question mark in an early chapter 5 area that I believe I’ve had throughout chapter 5:

I have a question mark in the City sitting roughly right on top of the command room. I have no idea how to access it. Both in and above the command don’t seem to have a quest trigger and talking to everyone around it doesn’t help. What do you have to do to get it to trigger? Do I have to bring a certain character with me? Is it beyond the door in the Command Room even though I can’t open it? Is it somehow further above me? I tried googling it and all I got was a colossal story spoiler for my trouble, so I figured I’d ask here instead.

Edit 2 if anyone runs into this the answer is:

take the ladder on the left, then turn around and take the next ladder.

Last edited:
I think, when all is said and one, XC3 is another great game in the series. It's kind of funny that we all thought this was going to be the game that combined the best of XC and XC2 to create the ultimate game in the franchise, the one that would unite us all!

But, just like XC2, it very much is it's own thing. And like XC2, I think XC3 does some things better than it's predecessor, some things not so much.

Obviously there's a lot of passionate posting here and elsewhere, but I think it's all coming from a good place. I can strongly argue my case, as can others and I don't think any of us are fully right or fully wrong.

Xenoblade sits in a funny spot. It's not an annual release, or a trilogy in the truest sense. It's not FF either which, mostly, offers up self-contained stories. It's somewhere in-between, standalone but part of a larger whole. That's a tricky balance to achieve.

I'm just glad this seems to be a safe space to express my love for XC2 lol

Thankfully XC3 reception seems mostly positive. I just hope the long-term conversation around XC3 doesn't turn into a situation similar to the last 5 years of XC2 being criticized because it wasn't XC1. (Outside of the understandable issues everyone knows about.)

It was exhausting.

Having played through all XC and expansions this year, you would be surprised at how each game being almost completely different turned out to be for keeping the whole series playthrough fresh.

I feel like I have to ask at this point; does the over-arching plotline ever truly take flight?

Cos I am partway through chapter 4, and while the interplay between the characters is wonderful, the gameplay progression is satisfying, the music is fantastic, and the game's contemplations on the nature of death are thoughtful and mature, I am starting to get Xenoblade Chronicles X deja vu in terms of the main story always threatening to get interesting but then never really igniting.

Don't get me wrong, it's still a really good game and I am enjoying it a lot, but should I brace myself that this is as good at it gets, that the main plot is going to remain a bunch of vague machinations that never really kick into high gear and take centre stage?

I'm nearly 20 hours in and it feels like I'm still in the first chapter in terms of the nature of the world, the villains, Ouroboros, etc.

On a separate topic, (Chapter 4 location) Colony Tau is a wonderful little vignette.

Last edited:
I'm just glad this seems to be a safe space to express my love for XC2 lol

Thankfully XC3 reception seems mostly positive. I just hope the long-term conversation around XC3 doesn't turn into a situation similar to the last 5 years of XC2 being criticized because it wasn't XC1. (Outside of the understandable issues everyone knows about.)

It was exhausting.

Having played through all XC and expansions this year, you would be surprised at how each game being almost completely different turned out to be for keeping the whole series playthrough fresh.
pretty sure the snapshot from the first two weeks of of "love the party/party is bland except xyz" "best music/worst music" "worlds in 1/2/X vs 3" is gonna be the refrain until the next game comes out. you'll keep hearing this a lot and beaten into the ground over and over.

I just uppercutted a giant bird boss monster like 50 times bigger than me for my first blow in the fight and it fell over.

It later got launched and spun around in the air at like 100 miles an hour too lol.

I feel like I have to ask at this point; does the over-arching plotline ever truly take flight?

Cos I am partway through chapter 4, and while the interplay between the characters is wonderful, the gameplay progression is satisfying, the music is fantastic, and the game's contemplations on the nature of death are thoughtful and mature, I am starting to get Xenoblade Chronicles X deja vu in terms of the main story always threatening to get interesting but then never really igniting.

Don't get me wrong, it's still a really good game and I am enjoying it a lot, but should I brace myself that this is as good at it gets, that the main plot is going to remain a bunch of vague machinations that never really kick into high gear and take centre stage?

I'm nearly 20 hours in and it feels like I'm still in the first chapter in terms of the nature of the world, the villains, Ouroboros, etc.

On a separate topic, (Chapter 4 location) Colony Tau is a wonderful little vignette.
In chapter 4 I had similar concerns. It picks up again.

One thing I'm greatful for in XC3 that I've seen no one talk about is that they finally let the party members kill off antagonists instead of them being done in by coincidences or other villains. The sheer extent 1 and 2 took to keep the party's hands clean sometimes got comical.

I am one who needs rewards for exploration purposes and Xeno3 is no doubt the worst in the series in this aspect, which brings down the main enjoyment of the game for me. All the rewards you get feel no significant at all. Money is useless, no thing you can buy is better than what you already have. Nopon coins are only fine because their purpose is try to make less painful the class system progress, but they don't bring anything significant. And dead bodies... yeah, they are a bunch of nothing.

Only the supply boxes may have something interesting on them but at the end the problem is only having one field in your stats sheet to make you more powerful through exploration which is the equipment menu. Xeo 2 was way better in this regard with the blade system and the affinity charts. You always felt like progressing in a meaningful way and you also could decide which way to progress. Xeno 3 is too automared for its own good.

I get your point but

I enjoy the journey more than the reward, in a game with such huge and beautiful environments
And with journey I mean the actual exploration phase, which quality depends especially on the level design, and X3 is behind only XX imho, under this point of view

Plus, about rewards: I think that the bodies are very interesting. They have a deep meaning, very connected to the story, and they increase your affinity with Colojies, which open you more interesting interactions in "towns"

I thin that the main factors in favour of X2 are the actual towns, very nice looking, and the items to increase the chance of getting the rarest blades..too bad the gatcha system still was a pain in the ass

Plus, the field skills needed to continue with the main story were terrible in X2, while in X3 they work way better, in a better integrated, not obtuse nor frustrating way

I like this aspect the least as well. It's fun collecting items and finding stuff but I feel they could have done a better job at rewarding those that go through the trouble of properly exploring places. I find it hard to motivate my self to explore every little corner of the map. Even on hard, I'm way too overleveled to even care about the best equipment and I only did a few side quests and stuff. I didn't grind on purpose. I think XB2 surpasses 3 in this area. The battle system is way better in 3 though. I love messing around with the classes.

I finished chapter 6 tonight (great chapter, great ending!) and started chapter 7. Feels like both the game is wrapping up and I have a ton to do still. Excited to see it unfold. Best part in the early chapter transition:

Everything with Nia. I knew she’d be fine somehow when she got stabbed, but seeing her shrug off death was funny with the shocked party. Also loved the party hoping for answers and solutions and her just doing her best while trying to act important and like she knew everything to live up to their hopeful expectations. It was super funny.

Since I’m in a spoiler tag already, surprised they just left her in the castle ultimately, Moebius could strike again at any moment. Also, all my thorough exploration earlier paid off for the first few metal pieces, I had direct fast travel spots ready to go lol.

pretty sure the snapshot from the first two weeks of of "love the party/party is bland except xyz" "best music/worst music" "worlds in 1/2/X vs 3" is gonna be the refrain until the next game comes out. you'll keep hearing this a lot and beaten into the ground over and over.
Eh, I don't think that will happen. People was vehemous about the issues XBC2 had. XBC3 is no where near this.

I can think of very few things 2 (& especially 1) does better than 3
I think this is pretty interesting, compared to my own thoughts. I've been loving 3, but it's a case where I think it actually does fewer things better than 2 but the things it does better it does a LOT better. I think the story, cast, and side content are best in the series and up there with my favorites (I'm not done yet though I'm in chapter 6), but I find the combat, a lot of the unit customization, the main quest design, and the game's geography to be steps back from Xenoblade 2 for sure. I think I overall like both games roughly the same so far, though.

I can think of very few things 2 (& especially 1) does better than 3

Class system in 3 is just plain bad, I can't believe how anyone can enjoy this solution when job systems were already solved decades ago. Story progression and pace, world iconography, variety of locations, ability charts, exploration rewards, upgrade systems all feel like a step back in 3 in relation to 2.

Class system in 3 is just plain bad, I can't believe how anyone can enjoy this solution when job systems were already solved decades ago. Story progression and pace, world iconography, variety of locations, ability charts, exploration rewards, upgrade systems all feel like a step back in 3 in relation to 2.
Just curious, since my first real introduction to job systems was with Bravely Default 2 last year, but how is this Class system different? How is it bad compared to other job systems?

HUGE disagree here.

Answering questions raised by the plot

uh well I'm like almost at the very (I think) so I'll have to get back to you on that one

yeah we're just going to have to agree to disagree with this one

I don't think the class system in 3 is bad but it didn't really live up to my expectations either from what we heard about it going in. I guess I don't really feel any of the class skill and art combinations are all that crazy or fun to experiment with. Some other games are fun to just experiment with and break the game. I haven't really found anything like that in Xenoblade 3, and I think the nature of the combat makes it pretty difficult for something like that to exist early on. But maybe I just haven't been experimenting enough.

Just curious, since my first real introduction to job systems was with Bravely Default 2 last year, but how is this Class system different? How is it bad compared to other job systems?

I didn't play Bravely Default 2 so I can't compare both games.

But I can say what I don't like about the class system of Xeno 3 and why is taking a big part in me not enjoying the game.

A big attraction to JRPGs for me and most out there I would say are the progression systems and getting more powerful while improving and tweaking your characters over their initial base. In a traditional job system you have your main job and a secondary job, you can have this secondary job to techniques/arts from other jobs that complement or synergies with your main job. But you always have s clear focus over what you are working.

In xeno 3 everyone can be everything, which is not a negative for a starting point. However, the way the class system is implemented goes against the game mechanics. Xeno3 almost always demands you to have at least a pair of healers in your team, a defender and two attsckers. Then, from my experience after 40h, you can have the extra position working as a second defender or maybe a third healer/debuffer if needed. In Xeno 3 you need to constantly change your class to learn new ones so other team mates can learn it too. Problem is, new classes are already fixed to some team mates. This means, you can get a war medic asifnsted to your defender member, meaning you will need to change the whole composition of the team to accommodate to that, meaning you will need to change all those gems and items associated to every party member, and also those arts because some will not be available for some of your party member because Agnus/keeves duality shit. Meaning also you are losing that sense of progression because you are not using your ideal team because you are always planning for the future when you get a new class. Even the game gives you a big pop up on your character screen telling you to change their class because you are already class 10.

What if I don't want to change what I was already working towards to and at the same time get some attributes from other classes? Just use a main/secondary job system. Less painful and much less time consumed in menus rearranging a load of things.

I find it a massive step down in a QOL feature that never was a problem in the series.

I'm reserving judgment on the class system until I get to endgame, but so far it feels a bit underwhelming. It's a lot of work and messing around in menus for not a lot of payoff, at least so far. It's more "having all these levels in other classes is a nice bonus, or gives me better results in other classes" feel, but it doesn't give me the "if I combine these 3 specific skills and arts it lets me break things in my favor" kind of vibe. In Bravely Default 1/2, the whole point of the system is to combine things that almost feels like you're abusing the system in your favor, but then you realize that the game is actually balanced for you to do exactly that. I don't get that same feel here. Nothing here feels as OP fun as, like, a crit-build recharge Mythra does in XC2 for example.

But again, I'm reserving judgment since it seems like a lot of the best classes are all the ones you get very late in the game, and really playing with the system will require not only those classes but also their ascensions to be done, and I haven't gotten to that point yet. So we'll see!

Is there any use for bonus experience besides levelling up? I seem to remember being able to buy items in previous games. Is that possible here or in postgame?
Not yet. The ability to use bonus EXP to buy stuff in 2 was added in the DLC.

As for the Class system, I still need to somehow test that putting an AOE Standard Art with a Break Master Art will make the Break an AOE attack.

Confirming this will mean the class system is actually dope as fuck

XC3’s class system kicks ass, I’ve had so much fun experimenting so far. The process of unlocking classes is dumb, not a fan of how only one person gets a class to start, but beyond that it’s awesome.

You can actually find Segiri pretty easily if you have been obsessively completing every sidequest that appeared before you before continuing the main story.
This is what happened to me.
I actually finished Mio's ascension quest and got Miyabi, then immediately did Cammuravi's quest and got him, then walked like 100 feet down the hill from the snow colony and had the quest encounter that starts Segiri's quest. The game was like "here, have all the heroes left in like 30 minutes at once!" lol

XC3’s class system kicks ass, I’ve had so much fun experimenting so far. The process of unlocking classes is dumb, not a fan of how only one person gets a class to start, but beyond that it’s awesome.
I think part of my problem with it is a personal problem, and that's that I haven't really been able to "enjoy" it because I'm just constantly shifting people around to be learning new classes while still in a roughly-balanced party makeup. I COULD try to really build out my whole party in what I think is the best and has the best skills and arts, but then I wouldn't be learning anything new, and my brain simply won't allow me to do that.

One thing that would be very very nice is if there were party loadouts you could save. Like, "Party Config #1" which saves the class, assigned arts, gems, accessories, and assigned skills (and Hero) for the entire party that you can just activate with the click of one button.

I don't have much experience with job systems, but XC3's system clicked with me. It took me out of my "strong swordfighter" comfort zone and it got me interested in trying other classes even at a time when i wasn't required by the game to do so. Unlocking them and making them available to the most characters possible hasn't been an issue either, while i understand those who dislike the invisible walls. Thankfully the game didn't actually block me from returning to my comfort zone whenever i needed, though these were few moments, i would add. For the most part, i've been experimenting and having a lot of fun.

Last edited:
The system would be fine if succession points were actually explained in game. Considering how much Monolith filled this game with tutorials for everything else, the fact succession points are a hidden stat with restrictions on how you get them is frustrating. "How do I unlock classes on other characters" is the most comment faq I've seen on this game and it really didn't need to be.

Even if they wanted to keep the stat hidden, I think you should alwaya gain at least 1sp even if you're killing severely under leveled enemies. It should take a lot longer then killing things at your level/above, but the game shouldn't punish players for over leveling like it currently does. Maybe if expert mode was unlocked from the start I'd be fine with the 5 level rule, as it stands it's just a beginners trap.

I didn't play Bravely Default 2 so I can't compare both games.

But I can say what I don't like about the class system of Xeno 3 and why is taking a big part in me not enjoying the game.

A big attraction to JRPGs for me and most out there I would say are the progression systems and getting more powerful while improving and tweaking your characters over their initial base. In a traditional job system you have your main job and a secondary job, you can have this secondary job to techniques/arts from other jobs that complement or synergies with your main job. But you always have s clear focus over what you are working.

In xeno 3 everyone can be everything, which is not a negative for a starting point. However, the way the class system is implemented goes against the game mechanics. Xeno3 almost always demands you to have at least a pair of healers in your team, a defender and two attsckers. Then, from my experience after 40h, you can have the extra position working as a second defender or maybe a third healer/debuffer if needed. In Xeno 3 you need to constantly change your class to learn new ones so other team mates can learn it too. Problem is, new classes are already fixed to some team mates. This means, you can get a war medic asifnsted to your defender member, meaning you will need to change the whole composition of the team to accommodate to that, meaning you will need to change all those gems and items associated to every party member, and also those arts because some will not be available for some of your party member because Agnus/keeves duality shit. Meaning also you are losing that sense of progression because you are not using your ideal team because you are always planning for the future when you get a new class. Even the game gives you a big pop up on your character screen telling you to change their class because you are already class 10.

What if I don't want to change what I was already working towards to and at the same time get some attributes from other classes? Just use a main/secondary job system. Less painful and much less time consumed in menus rearranging a load of things.

I find it a massive step down in a QOL feature that never was a problem in the series.
I mean, main/secondary job systems don't level your secondary job, so you're kinda still running into the same issue there in that you'll need to switch up classes to level them up and get the most benefit from them. I do see where you're coming from with the fact that only one character gets a Hero's class immediately, but that's what the Hero slots are for (also pretty helpful in balancing party compositon). I do agree though that reconfiguring your party after changing a class can be a bit of a hassle, but tbh I enjoy this sort of progression anyways so it isn't a huge deal for me. I'm more of a fan of having a bunch of levels constantly ticking up than necessarily building towards a specific optimal team comp.

I do have some problems similar to @SammyJ9 with the class system though, in that it doesn't feel quite as dramatic as I'd like. The selection of Master Arts and Skills feel pretty limited and there isn't much variety imo in the types of builds you can create for a given class. Definitely nothing compared to the job systems of games like BD2. It's still pretty fun to play around with but imo a bit shallow.

I agree that Xc2 (and Xc1) have more memorable areas than Xc3, mainly because the art is more evocative and secret areas were more special in the older games, but I think that the level design in Xc3 is better. How each area has different sub-areas (which is something they have taken from XcX), and how you can find lots of interconnected paths between them. And after watching the screenshots you posted, I really hope that Monolith releases high res patches for the 3 XC games (and Torna) when the new Nintendo system comes out. Improving the res, toning down the aggressive TAA and increasing the draw distance will make the 3 games gorgeous in a modern 4K TV. They have been pretty good with patches and supporting their games, so I kind of expect to have at least a big patch for Xc3.

Exploring the world actually feels immersive.
This is how I feel, but I still prefer the OST from the 2 previous games a bit, maybe because the songs are more energetic and easy to remember. I will be listening the OST of Xc1 and Xc2 a lot more in the future, when working o doing house chores, but the OST of Xc3 is perfect to accompany the game so I'm not complaining, it's better fitted for the game's tone for sure.
Problem is, new classes are already fixed to some team mates.
This was a big issue for me at first too, but I ended up adapting fast to changes all the time (and using the auto-equip button, I only modify arts manually). For me the big issue with the class system is that the last classes you obtain are not well distributed, you get 2 consecutive classes for Lanz on the same area and this does not help use them at all.

The system would be fine if succession points were actually explained in game.
Is not the same as progression affinity? I always thought that a character with an affinity of A towards a class will both learn it and progress through it faster than the others.

I am right outside the finall boss chamber, at the point of non return, and I have to say that I have no recollection of what each Consul did to be hated, they all look way, way too similar and happear to little to make a proper impact in my mind.

I genuinely don't remember Consul Y at all. All I know he appeared as the penultimate boss and the party hated him. I have no clue why. The only ones that remained in my brain are J, N and M.

Essentially the ones with a human side to them, the rest is a blur of onedimensional supervillains.

Class unlock system explained
Is not the same as progression affinity? I always thought that a character with an affinity of A towards a class will both learn it and progress through it faster than the others.
The very quick summary is that unlock classes on the non inheritors based upon an invisible stat called succession points. The only reason we know that name before datamining is one of the amiibo prizes is "succession points". The formula is something like this

If enemies are more then 5 levels below the parties you get 0 SP

If enemies aren't more than 5 levels below, you get SP based upon the number of characters in that class (including the hero) and of course class affinity impacts how quickly the class unlocks for each character.

If you have 6 characters in the class, even the D rank affinity character will unlock the class very quickly.

Back
Top Bottom