• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Xenoblade 3 |ST| Σ Become One

TheMoon

(not a sphere)
Pronouns
He/Him
NBUDKTd.gif

Born in a world of strife, against the odds we choose to fight!

sibqalhgnf45.png
~~ Visuals by @Dice ~~
sibqalhgnf45.png

toevto79pini.gif

Link to Xenoblade 3: Future Redeemed Expansion OTLink to Review ThreadLink to Spoiler Thread
jvzcprxfbchv.png

The Xenoblade series started in 2010 on Wii with the original Xenoblade (PAL release in 2011, NA release in 2012) and is a spiritual successor to lead-creative Tetsuya Takahashi's and MonolithSoft's Xenogears and Xenosaga game from their Squaresoft and Namco days, respectively. Xenoblade 3 is obviously the fourth (or fifth) game in the Xenoblade-series following Xenoblade and its 2020 epilogue Future Connected, followed by Xenoblade X (2015) and finally and Xenoblade 2 (2017) and its standalone expansion/prequel Torna: The Golden Country (2018). Now, Xenoblade 3 (2022) brings together Xenoblade (post-Future Connected) and Xenoblade 2 with the two having literally merged to create the world of Aionios that this latest game is set in while leaving the world, characters, and events of Xenoblade X out of the equation (so far).
zfsqmjtjuirs.png

t2q9gvtp6dsu.png
cx6199pvhdxn.png

Classes
Classes allow for complete customizability. All your characters can take on each others' class and you can mix and match the party to your liking. Everyone has their unique base stats, though, which will affect their ultimate viability as that class. A key feature from Xenoblade X, the ability to costumize your arts selection once you've mastered a class (reached level 10), returns and lets you pick arts from different classes to give your tank healing abilities or whatever else might seem useful.

Combat
The battle systems are an amalgamation of the entire series leading up to now. At first glance, the battle interface resembles that of Xenoblade 2 with two split sets of action layouts that map directly onto the Switch's facebuttons. However, in practice, things function a bit differently now. The characters still auto-attack as you position yourself around the enemy. Arts charge up differently depending on their origin. Keves Arts charge up over-time, as they did in Xenoblade and Xenoblade X while Agnus Arts function like those from Xenoblade 2 where they only would charge when you execute auto-attacks.

The classic combo system is back, too. Combo status effects to increase damage and/or stun enemies. Returning from the first game is the Daze combo which was absent in Xenoblade 2. This combines with the Launch -> Smash finisher from the latter to enable two different strains of combos:

pzchy4h19f5b.png

• Break -> Topple -> Launch -> Smash
  • Break -> Topple -> Daze -> Burst
This is key to basic and advanced enemy encounters to get the most out of your damage output.

ehhrnr2xef3i.gif

Launch -> Smash finisher in action

Ouroboros
Fixed pairs of two of your party members can combine into an Ouroboros form which greatly enhances their power and has its own skill trees and arts. This extremely powerful form can be summed at any point but you'll need to watch that you don't stay in it for too long or you'll overheat, which will increase the cooldown until you can use it again. Depending on who takes the lead during the transformation, the specific form will change. If you're keeping track of returning features, these are essentially a new take on Skell battles from Xenoblade X, just on a timer.

2orjwojgvffd.gif

Ouroboros moving in and doing some damage, but beware that heat-meter!

Heroes
While you'll always be with your six main party members, a 7th slot can be occupied by interchangeable so-called Heroes. Riku and Manana, the two Nopon, are the most prominent ones as they facilitate two key mechanics (cooking and gem crafting, see below). You'll meet several of them on the main path through the story but a lot more are found during sidequests. All of these Heroes have their own unique class which you can learn and make your own by bringing them along. Just like the main classes, once you've reached level 10, you can mix and match these unique class arts with your other arts.

wpujnvwq0doc.png

Campsite Activities
Conversations
By chatting up your party members at campsites, the conversations can lead to you open up new questlines, so aside from learning more about everyone, you should do this to not miss out on potentially cool quests and rewards.

Gem Crafting (Riku)
Another returning element from the first game, gem crafting is now much much simpler. You no longer need to look for ether deposits and farm them for crystals. You craft crystals with specific items from a menu. And - most importantly - once you have crafted a certain gem, multiple characters can equip this gem! These gems can permanently enhance your attack/defense abilities, etc.

Cooking (Manana)
Cooking is also done via a menu by combining certain items picked up in the environment. Cooked food will grant temporary buffs.

Field Skills

These skills grant you unique traversal and interaction abilities in the world, most (all?) of them can be learned from the Heroes you meet in your party. Among them are climbing vines and grinding rails.

42f81330deadf14c3ce25e0fa836f95a3da452d8.gifv

bwua9cia1ewk.png

pwhoi1i4iib4.png

Are there annoying Field Skills again?
No, not in the way that made them so frustrating to deal with in Xenoblade 2. There are simple checks based on you having a certain ability (like rail-grinding) or not. There's no skill-tree grinding just to climb a ladder this time! Yay!

Some of the character designs in Xenoblade 2 really off-putting. Anything like that in here?
As far as we currently know, nothing as egregious as in Xenoblade 2 is in this one. The Ouroboros-form of a character pair seems to be as bad as things go in this one, which seems to be quite an improvement.

Are there better tutorials this time?
Yes! You can look up everything via the pause menu again AND you can do so-called Training Drills where you can directly try out mechanics yourself instead of just reading about them. This is an even more enhanced version of the exemplary tutorials found in the first game.

Is there anything from Xenoblade X in this game?
While the story focus is on merging Xenoblade 1 and 2, they still took a lot of gameplay influences from Xenoblade X that were strangely absent in 2 such as how the classes work and the navigation help inspired by the Follow Ball from X. The whole Ouroboros mechanic also is a new spin on using Skells during combat.

Do I need to have played Xenoblade, Xenoblade 2, and/or the expansions before this?
The official line is, obviously, that you don't need to. However, it's undeniable that having experienced the emotional journeys of those stories will be greatly rewarding in Xenoblade 3. At the same time, even playing this first is no reason one should skip out on playing the others even later out of order. At any rate, there's always the recaps (such as the excellent summary from NWR linked in the MEDIA section) for those who want to jump into this one first or those who need a refresher. Additionally, Xenoblade X does not seem to factor into the story of this game at all (yet? this could always change or be expanded on in 2023's expansion).

Can you freely swap between characters now?
Yes! Even during combat, you can freely switch to any other party member that is part of the battle currently. A much requested feature from the prior games. Notably, you don't exchange your current character for the other one, but the camera zips over to the next character in line that is being cycled through in order of the party member display in the top left of the screen.

What's with that supposed amiibo support?
Currently, the Shulk amiibo is supported and unlocks a Monado-skin for the blade used by Noah. The same skin can be unlocked by finishing the game. It is highly likely that with the upcoming Expansion Pass and general game updates, support for the Pyra and Mythra amiibo will be added, once they have been released.

Is there a NG+ or post-game?
Info regarding NG+ is currently hard to find, however, there is extensive amounts of post-game content you can partake in. This will be updated once we have a definitive word on NG+ (if it's not there, they might add it again with the Expansion Pass).

osl9gaxvxe73.png
Tips will be collected here based on stuff we discover and share in this thread within the early days post-release!

As a bookmark, here's the Xenoblade 3 Wiki where you'll eventually be able to look up specific info for quests.

For now, make sure to make active use of the Training Drills that let you try out all sorts of mechanics and combat tutorials directly in a simulation!

• Items to support your adventure
    • Consumable items: Nopon Coin (Silver) x30, Nopon Coin (Gold) x10
    • Accessories:
      • Iron Temple Guard (Common): Boost HP 25%
      • Circlet of Wisdom (Common): Boost Healing 25%
      • Silver Belt (Common): Boost Attack 25%", "Auto-Balancer (Legendary): Stops off-balance when your attacks are blocked
      • Glass Memory (Legendary): Reduce aggro by 5% for each auto-hit
      • Nopon Strap (Legendary): 10% chance to instantly recharge art that is used
        (above items can also be acquired within the game)
  • Outfit color variants
    • "Noah - Color #02", "Mio - Color #02", "Eunie - Color #02", "Taion - Color #02", "Lanz - Color #02", "Sena - Color #02"

Vol. 2 – released October 14, 2022
XenobladeChronicles3_ExpansionPass_Wave2_EN.jpg

• Challenge Battles​
  • New Hero character and quests​
  • New outfits​
Vol. 3 – releasing by April 30th, 2023
exp333ek2.jpg
  • Challenge Battle
  • New Hero character and quests
  • New outfits

Vol. 4 – releasing by December 31st, 2023
exp4wfewd.jpg
  • Brand new story scenario: Xenoblade: Future Redeemed

Patches & Updates:
Launch game/review version (on card): 1.0.0
Day-1 update: 1.1.0
September 7, 2022 Update 1.1.1
October 14, 2022 Update 1.2.0
October 21, 2022 Update 1.2.1

NCL Update Site
NOA Update Site
NOE Update Site

Last edited:
Here we go, as mentioned above, the OP will be updated with new stuff we discover and tips from players here and everywhere and especially those in-depth combat guides that will be very useful for the late game Rotbarts hiding around the corners.

Man, I really hope my copy will arrive tommorow. Lowkey regret ordering it online.
I was banking on day-0 delivery today but apparently something on the logistics side from my trusty shop/shipping service changed that a timely dispatch does not guarantee a day-0 delivery anymore 😭

Let's go!

Sadly I won't be able to play this tomorrow morning before work because I have got some stuff to get done, but after I am off I am sitting on the couch for one lengthy play session.

Enjoy your quest, everyone!

Oh, and awesome ST!

Can't wait to play it. My Special Edition order is marked as shipped but it hasn't left Nintendo yet so hopefully the courier will get there soon!

Also great job on the OP!

The OP is fantastic! Work tomorrow is gonna be painful as I both wait for my copy to hit the mail AND I can finish for the day.

I'm just dropping by to wish everyone who is buying/playing this a great time. The wait is almost over for you guys :)

Great OT btw!

7 hours and 14 minutes until I get to play the best JRPG on the Switch

Incredible ST, @TheMoon and @Dice, thanks for all of this!

I took tomorrow off work just so I can have a three day weekend decidated to this game...

but you can play DQXIS right now?
ok I laughed. But seriously.... I am not the biggest JRPG fan but DQ 11S is really the only one I played for dozens of hourse since Pokemon back in my childhood. So I would agree.

I'm gonna be shaking my fist angrily at everyone playing the digital version tonight while I have to wait for my shipment tomorrow

I really wish I could like DQXI as much as others seem to

I tried twice to play that game and the second time even got like 20 hours in but I never actually wanted to boot it up and kept feeling like I had to force myself to, just gave up and uninstalled it for good in the end since I never wanted to play it and it was stopping me from playing other things

I didn't even hate it or anything when I was actually playing it but it was just such a hard game to get myself into the mood to play

Let's talk about Xenoblade 3!
Sure!

There is so much to love about XC3. Specifically the cast and combat additions. But even the small stuff, Monolith Soft really has improved on so many things. I can't wait for everyone to play it here, hear opinions on the opening parts of the game, and discuss theories on where the narrative is heading.

2 more minutes and i can loose myself in this game. Haven't been this excited for a game in a while.

Back
Top Bottom