• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Xenoblade 3 |ST| Σ Become One

Chain Attack text rundown
  • Can someone explain Chain Attacks to me and how certain moves boost TP? I don't understand it and am just pressing buttons randomly
    I don't have it all down but the basics I gather are:
    • You select from three characters before a round starts based on what effect sounds good to you in the moment.
    • A round depletes the chain attack gauge by a third, so you'll get three rounds under normal circumstances.
    • Selecting a hero's chain order will NOT deplete the gauge, so you can get up to four rounds if you pick the hero.

After selecting a chain order:
    • Attackers get +25% TP when used as the first one in a round
    • Healers can never exceed 99 (this doesn't apply to heroes though)
    • As soon as TP goes over 100, the finisher move happens
    • Your round is ranked on how much TP you gathered. Below 150 = okay, 150 = bravo, >200 = amazing.
    • You are given one character randomly back after completing a round per rank (okay gets you 1 back, bravo gets you 2 characters back, amazing = 3)
    • If a Defender was the one to push TP over 100, then you're gaurenteed to get back the character with the highest TP.
    • I don't think all the little +1 TP bonuses are worth caring about, you proc those for just about everything. What you should care about is the role match bonus. If you select a character in the same role as the character for the chain order, you'll get +10TP. Keep in mind the roles for the chain order stay the canon roles for those characters. Noah's chain order is always attacker no matter what you reclassed him to.

So a regular chain might look like this:
    • Three character pop up with different chain orders. Noah is one of them with a red sword icon. You might've changed him to a healer, but for the chain order he has his canon role. Select him.
    • Now you pick the characters to fulfill the order. Start with an attacker. They'll get +10TP for matching roles with the chain order (Noah), then it will be increased 25% for choosing an attacker first as part of the first blood bonus.
    • Next select a healer to push the TP as far as possible while be safe knowing they won't go over 100 because non-hero healers can't.
    • With the TP right under 100, select a defender to push it over.
    • The chain order finisher will play out with Noah.
    • After that, you'll get a character back. Because you used a defender last, it'll be the character with the highest TP.
    • If you were able to get over 150 TP (hard to do on the first round), you'll get two characters back.

Another mechanic to chain attacks opens up at the end of chapter 3, but I won't spoil that if you aren't there yet.

Selfish threadmark for myself to come back and YEAH this after meeting Juniper
  • Yeah this post if you love Juniper and her chill colony.

Interactive Maps (with locations) + Collectible location guide
  • What…the hell?? Like, what’s even the point of having all these named locations then? It’s really annoying when you need to go to a location but don’t remember where it is (or if you’ve even seen it yet)—like right now I have a quest where I need to find some items that can be found in a certain location, but because the quest objective is to find collectibles rather than reach a destination, the game doesn’t put a quest marker on the map, so I just have no clue where I’m supposed to be looking…

Surely this is something they’re going to patch in with updates…right?? I don’t understand how the map managed to be a downgrade from Definitive Edition, in multiple ways…
    I forgot to add this to the fami thread, the author of this messaged me over on era about their guide and interactive maps.

enjoy: https://www.gamerguides.com/xenoblade-chronicles-3/maps

edit: combine with collectibles location guide for maximum effect: https://underbuffed.com/all-collectibles-xenoblade-chronicles-3/

Last edited:
    FAMI-MADE ITEM LOCATION SPREADSHEET!!!
  • Here's a spreadsheet of every collectible item and their locations

Along with a bunch of other data I've been compiling along with @EtherPenguin

It's still a work in progress, and if you're interested in contributing please let us know

Class unlock system explained
  • Is not the same as progression affinity? I always thought that a character with an affinity of A towards a class will both learn it and progress through it faster than the others.
    The very quick summary is that unlock classes on the non inheritors based upon an invisible stat called succession points. The only reason we know that name before datamining is one of the amiibo prizes is "succession points". The formula is something like this

If enemies are more then 5 levels below the parties you get 0 SP

If enemies aren't more than 5 levels below, you get SP based upon the number of characters in that class (including the hero) and of course class affinity impacts how quickly the class unlocks for each character.

If you have 6 characters in the class, even the D rank affinity character will unlock the class very quickly.

COOKING DON'T WORK
  • PSA: Cooking food, specifically for food that raises CP/EXP, DOES NOT WORK. You are wasting your coins and materials on these, DO NOT BOTHER WITH COOKING UNTIL THIS IS PATCHED. Here's a link for it, be warned it contains spoilers for Chapter 5 and 6:

Should note that I cannot personally view this video because I'm still in chapter 5, but it seems it checks out to everyone who's watched it. @bellydrum a threadmark would be appreciated. Credit to Alvis on ResetEra for posting this

Back
    Top Bottom