• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Xenoblade 3 |ST| Σ Become One

Does Wild Ride (D I guess) ever come back? We’re just blasting through consuls. It seemed like he’d be the metal face of this game, yet with how quickly you move through consuls I wouldn’t be surprised if he just served as a tutorial boss one off lol

I'm just 1000% hooked right now, can't put it down. Narrative is going full steam ahead, and I keep finding combat engaging.

36 hour mark and still on mid/end of Ch. 5, on level 54.

mid/end Ch 5 spoiler:
I managed to get past the point I mentioned earlier. While I'm still puzzled as to why that happened, equipping a hero and bumping down difficulty made me barely scrape by.

Oh my god.. The city, along with the open-ended section where you have the boat is just.. at loss for words, really. Finally, and unexpectedly, I get the X vibes that I didn't really dare to hope for: Quality side quests, vivid, breathtaking vistas, the intoxicating feeling of exploring every nook and cranny, while also finding something worthwhile and rewarding every time I do so, heroes to unlock...

Chapter 3 "Side Content" Spoiler

Did Zeon's quest last night. His VA is really good.

There was a moment walking back to Colony 9 with him where he was privately captivated by Mio's ears and Mio was getting self-conscious.

It was so cute.

@TheMoon will you update the OP as new mechanics, etc are discovered?

I've been doing some testing and it looks like Master Art healing effects do not stack with base Art healing effects

I'll need to do more testing to be sure, though.
yea, I've just been holding off because a) I've been consumed by this (+real life) and b) the in-game stuff and guide vids by Enel have carried us through so far.

I've been thinking about how to best add useful stuff in there without just repeating videos or copy/pasting someone's post that's also not me writing essays about mechanics minutiae :D

What you're saying re: not-stacking also seems familiar, as if that was in some tutorial tooltip somewhere

Finally started the game yesterday after finishing live a live (great game go play it after xeno 3).
Finished the first chapter and I already got chills with the final dialogue between mio and Noah at the end of the chapter.
I think this is gonna be a good game.

So I have a question about the chapters and the game’s length:

I’ve just read it has only 7 chapters, and I’m in chapter 5. Do they become longer? Chapter 4 went by rather quick, and I’m sad to see the story fold already!

So I have a question about the chapters and the game’s length:

I’ve just read it has only 7 chapters, and I’m in chapter 5. Do they become longer? Chapter 4 went by rather quick, and I’m sad to see the story fold already!

They do! But Chapter 4 is significantly longer than 1, 2, and 3, so maybe not long enough lol

Does Wild Ride (D I guess) ever come back? We’re just blasting through consuls. It seemed like he’d be the metal face of this game, yet with how quickly you move through consuls I wouldn’t be surprised if he just served as a tutorial boss one off lol

Don't worry,

He'll become a huge fucking roadblock for you soon enough. Lol

Amazing how fatigue never sets in for me. Always something new and exciting happening.

Really interesting that we meet some more sympathetic Moebius the same chapter that we meet the organization that’s fighting directly against them.

I hate the villian laugh some of these guys make lol.

I just got the my first Oruborous from the Agnus side. Great scene. I like how it happened.

I was not expecting this game to remind me of X, but it does. Also I see people hating on Taion online but the further I go in, the more I like him
I'd be highly suspect of those people lol
my sister thinks D is hot
How does she feel about the other D

GUu4xyHcxr8qQMgF5zC9BU.jpg

His attack that does extra damage with a rear strike also charges the gauge. You should be able to fully charge his talent art by opening with that, then an Air Strike (the one that does extra damage on a cancel) and then finishing with a side break.
So should the air strike be charging the talent art as well, because it’s not?

Chapter 4 is freaking long but good lord that ending, I have so many questions and theories going through my mind.

So should the air strike be charging the talent art as well, because it’s not?
No, for attackers only positionals (back attack, side break, etc.) significantly fill the talent gauge. Critical hits fill for a very tiny amount but cancel attacks do not.

In the beginning, the best way to fill Noah's gauge as a swordfighter is to open with the back attack, wait until the back attack is half refilled, then do the side break and hope your allies topple and daze. By the time the daze lands, the back attack should be off cooldown and you can fill Overclock Buster and cancel into it from the back attack that filled it, to get the dazed bonus damage. It takes three positional hits to fill Overclock Buster. You can see how many charges a talent art requires from the role's main action in the character arts menu.

Here goes a nitpick: for a game with six proper party members, Eunie sure loves pointing out Lanz wants something a bit meatier, Sena likes to claim she's the girl with a gall, and Mio constantly reassures Sena she watched her in battle and thought she was great. I never thought about this in past games, so obviously the proportion in which characters say their post-battle dialogues is slightly off, or maybe way off, IDK.

Here goes a nitpick: for a game with six proper party members, Eunie sure loves pointing out Lanz wants something a bit meatier, Sena likes to claim she's the girl with a gall, and Mio constantly reassures Sena she watched her in battle and thought she was great. I never thought about this in past games, so obviously the proportion in which characters say their post-battle dialogues is slightly off, or maybe way off, IDK.
idk

i'm really feeling it

Hey All, it has been a wild ride. This game escalated very hard for me. I finished chapter 3 with lvl 47, and on start of each battle i have all master arts fully charged. The game is amazing, i didnt even explore everything in ch3 and clocked endless hours into that chapter. The world is gigantic. looking forward to ch4, though im over over leveled!

It is truly a wild ride this passage of fate.

Such is an off seers duty! lets go!

After getting Valdi, I got derailed again by getting 2 more heroes. I guess Chapter 3 is forever lol.

Full Metal Jaguar is a cool class btw

I'm just 1000% hooked right now, can't put it down. Narrative is going full steam ahead, and I keep finding combat engaging.

36 hour mark and still on mid/end of Ch. 5, on level 54.

mid/end Ch 5 spoiler:
I managed to get past the point I mentioned earlier. While I'm still puzzled as to why that happened, equipping a hero and bumping down difficulty made me barely scrape by.

Oh my god.. The city, along with the open-ended section where you have the boat is just.. at loss for words, really. Finally, and unexpectedly, I get the X vibes that I didn't really dare to hope for: Quality side quests, vivid, breathtaking vistas, the intoxicating feeling of exploring every nook and cranny, while also finding something worthwhile and rewarding every time I do so, heroes to unlock...
Yep! Ten hours of gameplay later and I haven't even progressed the story.
Between the city and sea, there is just so much to do/discover. Really scratching that X itch

That was a hell of a long one, but with a lot of great character moments and awesome action scenes. That Cammuravi moment officially made me a fan of the character, and I'd say RIP to him and Ethel, but given what happened at the end of the chapter there and what is very obviously Cammuravi's silhouette in the list of Heroes... I don't think they're done just yet. D remains the best member of the villain line-up, with him and J vs. the party being the absolute highlight of the game's fight scenes so far alongside the K battle; everyone's fusions getting constantly sliced apart there was delightfully brutal, and I'm glad Eunie got some time to shine. She, Lanz, and Taion are my favourite party members so far.

Maktha Wildwood and the whole Keves Castle region might have been my favourite areas to explore to date as well. I really dig the former's literal concrete jungle schtick in particular.

Ommmmggggggg

I just started Chapter 5 and so far it has no heavy action butttt the emotions you feel is amazing and the lore!!

The city lived up to the hype, freaking amazing atmosphere and vibes.

Seeing the gang learning about how humans actually live and interacting with the baby was so heart warming and learning about love.

And the best part so far is finding that statue of SHULK!!! First descendant of Ouroboros! It made me scream in excitement lmao.

One neat observation: the Hero you have in your party can react to the surrounding environment. Example:
Valdi will rush his head toward ether flows like bees to blooming flowers. He even says it out loud and aggros nearby monster, prompting the party to get in and do the heavy work lol.

Last edited:
Ive had the Keeves Colony theme stuck in my head all day at work.

Send help.
This is me but the Agnus one, which is one of my favorite themes in the game so far. I feel like I’m missing something with Keves day, it’s fine but hasn’t really hooked me. I like night a bit better though, it’s cozy.

It's very off. Xenoblade 1 had a single unique battle quote for every combination (except one missing one, I think?) - which meant things got stale if you used a single party, but there were still over 20 post battle banters you got to see if you were switching things up (on top of the more generic quotes you'd get based on how the battle went, where the party just said their good/standard/low health lines without interacting with each other). That said, if you did use mainly one party and didn't think anything of it, you just weren't paying attention before.

This does seem to be using the same few a lot, despite how many party members there are - though I did hear a quote I'd never heard before when my brother was playing. They might be able to play off of heroes, but it seems rare.

Lanz is nothing like Ryen honestly.

Gameplay and body type yeah. But personality are rather different.

Gray looks like he’s old. Maybe is from swordmont too. Also probably the funniest scene in the game seeing Eunie getting frustrated with how Gray would answer/not answer questions.

Why don't Riku and Manana know how babies are made? How do Nopon reproduce?
This has been bugging me a lot. Nopons' place in this setting feels like a complete afterthought.

We know they don't have irises, aren't "born from the queen", and aren't on the 10 year time limit with ages listed in the affinity chart. Yet the party has that conversation in Rae-Bel Tableland about the armus and how they never noticed their lives and aging before with the little armu growing into the big one.

You'd think they'd already know all this from the nopon. And we saw with Ethel, that the fallen soldiers pretty much start regrowing in the pods immediately. It should be likely that at least a few times, some nopon would encounter new clones of people that they met 20 or 30 years ago. Eunie found her own husk, so it's not out of the realm of possibility that nopon would meet the clone of someone they knew before. The nopon should be aware of a lot more about how strange the Keves and Agnus set up is and be able to inform people about all this.

But it really threw me for a loop when Riku and Manana were just as surprised at the presence of children and birth in the City. I can't wrap my head around it. I keep looking out for a sidequest or npc dialogue that explains this. So far it feels like zero thought was put into dropping the nopon into this game's setting.

It would've made more sense if the nopon weren't integrated into the colonies, had their own village like Frontier Village that people seldom traveled by, and groups of nomadic nopon who go about selling wears to the soldiers but never get to know too well.

Finally starting to get comfortable with most aspects of the combat system.

This game is going places, I'm probably 15 hours or so in currently in chapter 3.. thinking I might be closing in to the end of it, but feel there's a lot of stuff I can still do.

But man, I love the casting for all characters, I love the flow of the game, constant additions to the gameplay and the world itself is amazing.
I dont wanna go ahead, but this game might just stroll straight in to my top 3 games on Switch very soon.

Back
Top Bottom