• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Xenoblade 3 |ST| Σ Become One

I wish I could give Gray his mask back, his goatee is disgusting lmao.

In chapter 4, I just defeated
Frolicking Parker in the Pentelas region and feel bad about it lol. Dude is just a cute otter monster enjoying his life. Or was enjoying it, I guess. RIP.

I really love Melia and Nia's queen designs, especially the eyesMake them all look much more mature.

I think I need to go back and watch the cutscene that explains the collision of the two worlds and the birth of the Origin again. So for some reason, the two worlds were about to collide and destroy each other; people built the Origin ark to save lives; Z out of no where appeared and seized the control of the machine. I get it that we're currently on the Ark, living life the way Z decided, but is it all a simulation?

I’m not running out of things to do, so it looks like I’m just staying in chapter 3 forever. I live here now.

Lanz to Valdi: Oh dear, dear gorgeous

Lanz to Zeon: You sparking donkey

Those M and N fights were spectacular. For a second I thought this game was gonna turn into the Ghondor show the rest of the way lol

Hey, I'm wondering. Does it surprise anyone how bold and even straightforward Mio can be at times?
There is one funny occasion where a good bit of Nia shines through in her.

I too would travel across the world to a completely unknown area on foot with only a small glimmer of a shot that it would help save Mio

I'm also still living in chapter 3 (though near the end of it, I think at least lol), kind of crazy how many different biomes I've seen here already.

Omg...

Erythria Sea is GORGEOUS! And I also love that the Bionis head is there too!

AND YOU GET TO PILOT A BOAT!!

Question about how much of Chapter 3 I have left:
I'm just after the boss of Riku & Manana's Hero Quest, the part that has the UM Skeeter in the lake. Is that near the end or do I still have a bit (as in more than 1/3)?

Question about how much of Chapter 3 I have left:
I'm just after the boss of Riku & Manana's Hero Quest, the part that has the UM Skeeter in the lake. Is that near the end or do I still have a bit (as in more than 1/3)?
You're very close to being done

someone needs to make an edit of Gray's Hero profile that changes "Ashenpelt" to "Wife Guy"

Late to the game, as I was travelling. About 8 hours in after a Covid day off work today. Hate to say it, but it's definitely the weakest opening of any Xenoblade, by far. Game is going to have to get pretty special in a hurry to make up for that.

XC had the magical Colony 9 area leading into the Bionis leg, and such a quick and great story set-up for an adventure. Possibly my favorite opening to an RPG ever.
XCX had insane freedom from the off. It's almost the exact opposite of XC3 - it just let you at it, and you remained confused for 100+ hours, lol. But it was fun.
XC2 had the epic dive mission leading onto Gormott pretty quickly. Granted, plenty of railroaded parts early in Gormott but nothing like this.

Look, the core plot set-up is strong, and the main characters are appealing. But the constant gating and tutorialising is really, really rough here and worst of all there's been no fun level design to speak of so far. You can never get "high" and see the whole map like you could early on in other Xenoblades. The game seems to want to railroad you over and over. There's nothing I'd say was memorable so far.

Also, the other Xeno games had way more humour than this one. A lot of the flashback scenes here are just... dull. And that one scene in a different colony where two guys are just standing around talking about steak until a consul arrives... they really needed an editor to cut that. A lot of snooze-worthy stuff so far.

Browsing through the thread almost everything is spoilers but I get the sense that the game DOES pick up. Hope it's soon.

YouTube algorithms finally spoiled me something and it depressed me a bit… it’s about the number of chapters…

I was kinda assuming (my fault I know) there would be 10 like XC2 just because it’s a round number, not that random like the 17 on Xeno1 and 12 on XenoX… it seems each game has less chapters lol. I know the game has an amazing amount of content, main and side story (and probably post game), but somewhat was a bit of a bummer that being currently in the first third of chapter 4, I’m past mid-game and still it seemed to me that the game was only starting to pick up… it was a bit suspicious that chapter 3 was bizarrely long but I was kinda salivating over the idea that I’m not even in chapter 5 (mid game) and already played 45+ hours…

I know it’s a bit of a silly issue as I’m aware Xenoblade games really shines in the last half and the game will go bonkers, but the game being only 7 chapters and being already in chapter 4 when the Plot is just starting to get to the point… sigh maybe I‘m worrying too much and chapters 4, 5 and 6 are even bigger than 3… I don’t wanna know yet lol I’ll try to be positive :p

Late to the game, as I was travelling. About 8 hours in after a Covid day off work today. Hate to say it, but it's definitely the weakest opening of any Xenoblade, by far. Game is going to have to get pretty special in a hurry to make up for that.

XC had the magical Colony 9 area leading into the Bionis leg, and such a quick and great story set-up for an adventure. Possibly my favorite opening to an RPG ever.
XCX had insane freedom from the off. It's almost the exact opposite of XC3 - it just let you at it, and you remained confused for 100+ hours, lol. But it was fun.
XC2 had the epic dive mission leading onto Gormott pretty quickly. Granted, plenty of railroaded parts early in Gormott but nothing like this.

Look, the core plot set-up is strong, and the main characters are appealing. But the constant gating and tutorialising is really, really rough here and worst of all there's been no fun level design to speak of so far. You can never get "high" and see the whole map like you could early on in other Xenoblades. The game seems to want to railroad you over and over. There's nothing I'd say was memorable so far.

Also, the other Xeno games had way more humour than this one. A lot of the flashback scenes here are just... dull. And that one scene in a different colony where two guys are just standing around talking about steak until a consul arrives... they really needed an editor to cut that. A lot of snooze-worthy stuff so far.

Browsing through the thread almost everything is spoilers but I get the sense that the game DOES pick up. Hope it's soon.

I say the opening is weaker than XBC1, but stronger than XBC2. Unfortunately, the tutorials occur until close to the middle or end of chapter 3.

Also, this is essentially the darkest and most mature Xenoblade storyline out of all the entries. Having less humour than the previous games shouldn't lessen the experience for you unless you really don't care for bleak settings. It just means the humour is less wacky and less frequent.

Chapter 5 and 6, my god.
Actually seeing Mio die, only to then be faked out with the M switch, was absolutely brilliant. The lead up to it too, as well as Noah understanding her final smile, is just superb. Absolutely brilliant.

Also love the dramatic N fight afterwards getting interrupted by the Chain Attack music lol

As much as I can't click on the spoilers, it's nice to have some verification that the game keeps upping the ante based on the reactions.

Also:
My word, they opened up the game at just the right moment. Had I climbed the hill and gotten those 'huh, aging' and Eunie cutscenes I would not have been able to stop and turn around unless I was confident answers weren't around the corner. Instead I spent probably a dozen hours with that being next.

They really expect me to choose a hairstyle for Mio? This is too much power for one person to handle.

Xenoblade games really have the best jump scares, and XC3 is no exception. Can't forget that giant frog leaping out of nowhere lol.

They really expect me to choose a hairstyle for Mio? This is too much power for one person to handle.
They allow you to change your mind in the options menu.

You know, if you're a coward afraid of consequences.

The expansion has to be about the original city and the Founders, right? We've got 6 playable characters pretty much ripe for the taking, as well as Shulk and Rex as heroes. The game builds up to that final City battle against N, just like how Torna builds up to its inevitable demise by Malos. Could also give more screen time to Melia and Nia, given that they seem to still be awake at the time of the original City's existence, as well as closure to the fate of Noah's son (who could very well still show up in the story, considering I've got two more chapters to go still).

Chapter 5 and 6, my god.
Actually seeing Mio die, only to then be faked out with the M switch, was absolutely brilliant. The lead up to it too, as well as Noah understanding her final smile, is just superb. Absolutely brilliant.

Also love the dramatic N fight afterwards getting interrupted by the Chain Attack music lol

I just finally progressed to that part. The whole process of that moment was just masterful. This is top-tier gaming cutscene and direction.

I don't know how I'm suppose to sleep after all of that, but I guess I will try..

Now that I'm about to finish chapter 6(I think). I guess most of us would agree that chapter 5 is the best in the game. Story, cutscene, voiceacting, everything is just so beautifully done in this chapter. Man, I have grown so attached to the entire cast!
long haired Mio is so gorgeous. Which choice did everyone go for?

After a dozen times...I finally beat the final boss of chapter 3.

My goodness, that was absolutely the skill check thus far. Beginning of chapter 4...I already know this is gonna go crazy with HIM popping up.

I just finished Chapter 4, yeah that was great. Good mix of expected and unexpected.

I only played the first 15 minutes of Chapter 5 and have to go to bed, but I now have approximately 5000 questions, this game is incredible.

So we’ve now seen most every main titan from XC2, and most of the zones from XC1. There’s clearly something extremely important inside that swirling cloud vortex at the center of the world, but what’s left that it could be? Is it something new? Or maybe it’s the World Tree/Elysium of some sort?

I don’t actually want answers to this, just speculation :)

I wake up and I think about Xenoblade 3
I go to work and I think about Xenoblade 3
I go back home and I think about playing Xenoblade 3
I play Xenoblade 3
I go to sleep thinking about playing Xenoblade 3 tomorrow

I wake up and I think about Xenoblade 3
I go to work and I think about Xenoblade 3
I go back home and I think about playing Xenoblade 3
I play Xenoblade 3
I go to sleep thinking about playing Xenoblade 3 tomorrow

At some point some youtuber is going to make videos hyper-analyzing every single connection between this game, XC1, and XC2, between locations, musical callbacks and remixes, etc. and I am going to be all over that shit

I'm still dreaming of Xenoblade 3 because my copy hasn't arrived yet. Hopefully tomorrow's the day.

People are making it sound like chapter 6 is the last one in the game. Can someone give me a yes or no? Don't wanna know the actual number if the answer is no though

My copy arrived today and I spent a bit over 5 hours marathoning it. Loving the game so far, that music chef's kiss

I got
to the point we're you have the characters change classes with each other for the first time
before having to call it for the night. Look forward to continuing this journey soon.

Has anyone else died because they were walking, then panning around the camera to look at the positively breathtaking vistas, and then falling off a cliff?

@Heron I almost disliked this game when I started it and am now having a blast. Unforunately it takes a while to get going, I felt very similar as you did, but I would definitely recommend to keep going.

Started off chapter 4 yesterday after a few hours of doing side quests. I realized just how much stuff I missed going trough the areas again and I even encountered a hero I missed. I will explore them further still because the secret areas are the best parts of the game. The areas are gorgeous but I miss the day and night differences that were very prominent in previous XB. The game is still a very high quality audio visual experience though. There's nothing like it on the market.

Now that I'm about to finish chapter 6(I think). I guess most of us would agree that chapter 5 is the best in the game. Story, cutscene, voiceacting, everything is just so beautifully done in this chapter. Man, I have grown so attached to the entire cast!
long haired Mio is so gorgeous. Which choice did everyone go for?
Chapter 5 (with the start of 6 finishing the cutscene) is by far the best.

I chose short haired Mio. Long hair looks great too but she felt so different with it that it gave me whiplash and I changed it back lol

Chapter 5 (with the start of 6 finishing the cutscene) is by far the best.

I chose short haired Mio. Long hair looks great too but she felt so different with it that it gave me whiplash and I changed it back lol
Did Noah say anything about Mio cutting her hair in the cutscene afterwards?

In chapter 4, I just defeated
Frolicking Parker in the Pentelas region and feel bad about it lol. Dude is just a cute otter monster enjoying his life. Or was enjoying it, I guess. RIP.
I felt the same. He was so cuddly.

Has anyone else died because they were walking, then panning around the camera to look at the positively breathtaking vistas, and then falling off a cliff?
That happened to me yesterday. I wasn't happy about that, because I had walked a long way from the nearest checkpoint.

Back
Top Bottom