• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Xenoblade 3 |ST| Σ Become One

Is anybody else constantly over leveled? Everything is at least 3 levels below me. I'm at Chapter 3.
This was happening to me in Chapter 2, so I bumped my difficulty up to hard. Mobs are definitely more threatening even when a few levels below you in that difficulty.

I really do wish they brought back the Expert Mode from DE though. Kinda confused as to why it isn't here.
I got to Chapter 3 and veered to Dannagh Desert where all the enemies are around 7 levels above me. They're doable. But I'm going to gain too much XP doing that. Still, I'm so curious to explore...

Nintendo shipped my copy late so I’m a day behind everyone here (not to mention anyone who started at midnight). I put about eight hours in today so I’m making some good progress. I’m very early into the desert area.

Early impressions, I know I’m just scratching the surface, but I’m really blown away here. This game has off the charts Xenoblade 1 vibes (my favorite) and every element is working together in exceptional harmony. My favorite thing about these games has always been exploration and I’m having an awesome time poking around these areas and picking fights with monsters way above my level. While it was still one of my favorite games the year it came out, I had found Xenoblade 2 to be a relative letdown for both story and gameplay compared to the first two games even if again there was still a lot I loved about it. I’m so glad to find Xenoblade 3’s tone here is just leagues better by ditching the juvenile anime vibe and the gross stuff that came along with it (outfits, camera angles, etc.). I love all of these new characters already and I’m very invested in the world and story. Lot of powerful emotions and compelling stakes right off the bat delivered with infectiously confident execution. The combat too looks to be the best of the series. The foundation feels like the first game which I fully appreciate, but it already feels it is going to go far beyond that game. Positioning matters more than ever and optimizing your arts on and off the battlefield appears to have a level of depth the other games never had. I think this has a legit chance of being my new favorite game in the series so I’m so excited to play more.

Is anybody else constantly over leveled? Everything is at least 3 levels below me. I'm at Chapter 3.
I went into the optional Hero quests underleveled and am now overleveled for the main story. Hopefully leveling down becomes available soon, I'm gonna be pissed if it's in an update/DLC.

I went into the optional Hero quests underleveled and am now overleveled for the main story. Hopefully leveling down becomes available soon, I'm gonna be pissed if it's in an update/DLC.
Unfortunately, that might be the case considering I didn't hear anything about people unlocking leveling down from finishing the main story.

So I've started Chapter 3 and attempting to do the first hero quest but I don't know how to get to the other side of that.

I somehow found myself exploring an area that is familiar to a locale in another game with level 40-something enemies. It's always fun to slip around enemies way stronger than you.

But uh, yeah I'll need to sleep on how to get to the area for that particular hero quest.

Also holy shit the end of chapter 2...holy shit!

Unfortunately.... the answer is hidden in plain view.

If you stand at the bottom of the wall facing it, the items might clue you in.

Been going Hard Mode from the start, haven't had the over-leveled problem and I'm a good way into Chapter 3.

Although I haven't touched my bonus EXP sinc the tutorial at the camp, so that probably helps.

Out of curiosity, what have y'all been using your Nopon coins for? I hit the 99 cap for silver so I put some into class ranks and did a few Collectopedia cards, but it feels a bit like cheating to use them.

Game is #1 on the german eshop. Seems to be doing very well.

The third chapter region ist so large, i'm still finding new biomes.

I'm also playing on hard but normal mobs go down pretty fast (like it should be) but elite and unique monsters still pose a challenge.

Last edited:
Honestly I’m pretty happy I’m overleveled. Feels like damn near everything will try to pick a fight with you, but once you’re 5+ levels above them they leave you alone.

Out of curiosity, what have y'all been using your Nopon coins for? I hit the 99 cap for silver so I put some into class ranks and did a few Collectopedia cards, but it feels a bit like cheating to use them.
Honestly i'm just storing them for now and will use them when i want someone to master a class faster. Still well below the cap for both gold and silver.

Okay, i'm 10 hours in, playing chapter 3 right now as well... i've seen some reviewers saying that the beginning of the game is slow (which would be usual for a Xenoblade game), but this honestly hasn't been the case for me at all. The story and the characters clicked with me since chapter 1, dialogues are great and the game doesn't appear to lose much steam afterwards, it keeps delivering. I thought i would struggle with the job system but it's fun and gives you so many options. The game seemingly improves on both Xeno 1 and 2 aspects while introducing new ones. This is shaping up to be my favorite Xenoblade ever

Man, everyone is acting so carefree at times, and just feels free to sidetrack to do whatever, whenever they want, and we the player are doing the same thing too. But then, we get reminded that Mio is running out of time and she is actually terrified of that and feels angry at the others. I love that cutscene! Those who have also got to that point in the game will know what I'm talking about.

Anybody else make it here early? I am definitely not supposed to be here at this point lol.

I'm at early Chapter 3 and I just got to Ribbi Flats. I somehow found my way over to Colony Iota.

Notice the level disparity

C84BC1AB-C16E-4B4E-9D1E-EEEE550D5318.jpeg

MY GOD CHAPTER 2 ???
uc36.jpg

I'm still not the biggest fan of the Ouroboros designs. They feel a little off, a little too 'hard sci-fi' compared to the universe and Moebius forms.

chapter three is huge, there's so much more stuff that's opened up and so many more quests to do. i beat the first two chapters in around 4-5 hours each but i've been on chapter three for around 6 hours now, and i'm not even halfway done with it. this game is massive

What do you guys think of Hard mode so far?
Waaaaaaaaaay better than Bringer of Chaos. It makes me actually feel like I'm engaging with a real challenge.

I've been on Hard Mode since I started my file and haven't touched it since. Honestly I don't even notice.

I think Hard Mode is meant for us who want to fully engage with every mechanic, experiment, and explore. Whereas Normal is for those who might be just getting into the series and want a challenge. But as someone with 1000+ hours across 1DE, 2, and Torna, Hard Mode is exactly what I'm looking for.

The only real challenge so far has been Consul / Mobius K in Chapter 2. That's besides all the lower-level unique monsters kicking my ass that I would probably be able to take on in Normal Mode.

Right now, I'm in Chapter 3 and I'm getting pretty roasted in the Valdi Hero fight. Like, the first one. So I'm considering using Bonus EXP for the first time since the tutorial to bring us all up to level 24.

But I'm not quite at the point where I'm changing it to Normal Mode just yet : )

While I'm here, 10/10 perfect game so far. It's the Xenoblade formula perfected. The only reason I'm not saying I like it better than 2 yet is because I haven't finished it to be able to fully judge.

There is another use for silver Nopon coins that I found! You can find it in Chapter 3 but it’s fairly hidden:

in Danagh Desert, there’s a “?” quest that’s difficult to locate, but if you can get there there’s a silver coin merchant of sorts. I’ll leave it at that for now but if you want more details I can give them

Zeon’s Hero quest was really good, some nice character introspection and some nice action in one of the cutscenes. Makes me more excited for the other Hero quests.

There is another use for silver Nopon coins that I found! You can find it in Chapter 3 but it’s fairly hidden:

in Danagh Desert, there’s a “?” quest that’s difficult to locate, but if you can get there there’s a silver coin merchant of sorts. I’ll leave it at that for now but if you want more details I can give them
I haven't seen Dannagh Desert yet, but there's an area in the Eagus Wastelands that looks like how I know Dannagh Desert to look from Torna. I just haven't been able to climb those slopes that lead toward the nearby question mark.

Any clues on how to get there? I'm currently exploring Ribbi Flats looking for a campsite. Should I turn back?

I haven't seen Dannagh Desert yet, but there's an area in the Eagus Wastelands that looks like how I know Dannagh Desert to look from Torna. I just haven't been able to climb those slopes that lead toward the nearby question mark.

Any clues on how to get there? I'm currently exploring Ribbi Flats looking for a campsite. Should I turn back?

It's before the Flats.
I mean, I think. I was supposed to go to the Flats and took a detour because there was a yellow question mark icon on my map begging me to answer its mysteries.

It's before the Flats.
I mean, I think. I was supposed to go to the Flats and took a detour because there was a yellow question mark icon on my map begging me to answer its mysteries.
Then I know exactly where you're talking about!

Funnily enough, I turned in the opposite direction of where you're talking about and found another question mark. I explored in that direction and found a whole ass Agnian Colony.

MY GOD CHAPTER 2 ???
uc36.jpg

I'm still not the biggest fan of the Ouroboros designs. They feel a little off, a little too 'hard sci-fi' compared to the universe and Moebius forms.

Just reached the end of that chapter , I was hollering . So damn incredible, and that was the moment I understood the chain attacks better? Eesh!!

The same thing I always use things like this for.

I hoard them for a time when I'll 'really need them', absolutely refuse any time I could use or need them as 'not really needing to use them', and then build a towering vault to contain them all with a diving board so I can dive in and swim in them.

Is there proper towns/villages in the game or are they all colonies built upon machines?
I don't actually know for sure, since I'm relatively early on, but I would assume you go to Alcamoth at the very least right? And probably some settlement in Swordmarch, and whatever the Agnian capitol is

Anybody else make it here early? I am definitely not supposed to be here at this point lol.

I'm at early Chapter 3 and I just got to Ribbi Flats. I somehow found my way over to Colony Iota.

Notice the level disparity

Yeah I went there too. If they didn't want you going there they wouldn't make it accessible, just one of those classic high level enemies in an early area Xenoblade moves. Nice tease, got me excited for the quest there. I actually reached it from the other side first where the entrance was locked, but then made it in same way you did. There are a couple other areas with enemies out of our league at that point

Chapter 3 does open a lot of the game for sure. Just as I started it, I backtracked just for some ether cylinders...

And now I got Teach as my 2nd hero. His arts are too great.

Just reached the end of that chapter , I was hollering . So damn incredible, and that was the moment I understood the chain attacks better? Eesh!!
Yeah I did not expect that level of hype. Incredible ending to the Chapter.

I don't actually know for sure, since I'm relatively early on, but I would assume you go to Alcamoth at the very least right? And probably some settlement in Swordmarch, and whatever the Agnian capitol is

Yeah I went there too. If they didn't want you going there they wouldn't make it accessible, just one of those classic high level enemies in an early area Xenoblade moves. Nice tease, got me excited for the quest there. I actually reached it from the other side first where the door was locked, but then made it in same way you did. There are a couple other areas with enemies out of our league at that point

Oh shit! I'm guessing you got there by exploring to the right after the first entrace to Eagus Wilderness? I was curious how to get over there because I noticed there was something interesting when looking north from the top of the Wall of the Great Hand. I went over there and got my ass kicked - I should try again!

Then I know exactly where you're talking about!

Funnily enough, I turned in the opposite direction of where you're talking about and found another question mark. I explored in that direction and found a whole ass Agnian Colony.

Yep, that's exactly the spot. I actually went the way you went, met with Alexandria, and was really excited to get my first proper hero, only to see all those lv. 40 enemies and was like.... Okay maybe not. Good to know you can actually sneak your way in there, though the hero quest is going to taunt me for the next twenty hours, I just know it.

You’re just about there, go east in Ribbi Flats and you can’t miss it. It circles back around and is pretty massive

Oh shit! I'm guessing you got there by exploring to the right after the first entrace to Eagus Wilderness? I was curious how to get over there because I noticed there was something interesting when looking north from the top of the Wall of the Great Hand. I went over there and got my ass kicked - I should try again!
Yup, that's right. Was able to sneak past all the enemies lol. It's an awesome looking area

Yep, that's exactly the spot. I actually went the way you went, met with Alexandria, and was really excited to get my first proper hero, only to see all those lv. 40 enemies and was like.... Okay maybe not. Good to know you can actually sneak your way in there, though the hero quest is going to taunt me for the next twenty hours, I just know it.
Yeah it's just cruel. I was especially excited for Alexandria because the direct said she's the crit heavy class, so you just know you're gonna be able to make some broken stuff with her. But now they just teasing me

You have the order of events mixed up.

The changing scene was the preceding evening. Because of that I never even guessed they were suggesting something there; at this stage Taion just seems to only be annoyed by Eunie, which I think is what the game was getting at.
That's what I got out of Taion.

The changing scene does have other implications though.

We don't see Agnus culture on this, but just previously we saw Keeves all using unisex baths, and the player party in particular not responding on any level to being completely nude as they interacted with each other.

It's also very clear there is no procreation in this world. Not for beings of the class of our party anyways. New beings (more likely recycled) pop out of tubes at 10 years old ready for military brainwashing. Easiest explanation to me is the

iris system, or whatever it will end up being called if not that, inhibits this functionality of the brain.

Immediately after being unshackled by the orobouros, the seemingly first boners in the history of Aionis involuntarily pop upon merely seeing the women in a change of clothes, and they have to change elsewhere.

I’m up to 5 heroes now and I’ve really been enjoying the quests.

I am still only in Chapter 3 but I have some of thoughts/observations.

I did Zeon’s immediately after the Colony 4/Ethel storyline and got a little worried that all the quests would be like: meet Colony Commander -> defeat Consul Member gone Moebius -> repeat, but after doing Teach, Valdi, and Gray I’m not really that concerned. Seems like there will be good variety

Also while Valdi and Ethel are obviously integrated into the plot I thought Zeon and Teach were integrated rather well too, for being “side content”. After the Ethel hero mission there’s the overhead information about colony 9 being surrounded by Agneian forces and after discussing the party decides they should go help.

And then on the way there you have to pass through the Wild Ride fight area and you’ll see the trigger for the Teach quest. Or if you skip more directly to Colony 9 there’s the Colony 9/Zeon quest (presumably you’d be inclined to help them out and explore the affinity system at this point) that makes you go to that area to collect items for the quest and then you see the quest trigger then.

It does seem though that after Gray’s quest mentioning colony 25 and him being labeled as Keves that each quest will be tied to a Colony and likely a consul member. And with there being 17 heroes and 6 starting classes (which I assume will have quests to upgrade the classes for the levels 11-20) that would be 23 Consul members and then counting those 3 mysterious Consul members we saw not wearing red armour that makes 26 or one for each letter of the alphabet so it all works out cleanly.

I think that original cutscene with them had 6 other consul members besides K and the “main” 3, so maybe even if D & the other wild ride one come back in the story their defeat will mean upgraded base classes? TBD I guess.

Also because the Consul have appeared in a few of these now it looks like if they absorb ether and go Moebius solo they have that same generic Moebius shape and 1 core versus what we saw with Wild Ride from D and his little Jester pal (J?). I wonder how many more unique fusions we will see in the story.

Chapter 4 is so fucking hype. I just saw the most amazing cutscene/battle/cutscene and the chapter hasn’t finished yet.

I'm somewhere around chapter 3 after 24 hours, I'm ridicolously overlevelled (story fights at level 22, I'm level 39) because I keep exploring, fighting unique monsters and doing side/hero quests.

This game is incredibly addictive.

I am also surprisingly charmed by Eunie, I expected to like Sena and Mio but Eunie is my favorite character so far (and I love that the DLC costume is straight up an Asuka plugsuit). Noah as I expect is a bite of a boring dude like Shulk but it doesn't bother me.

One incredibly minor thing that I appreciate a ton is that game seems to treat voiced text boxes and unvoiced text boxes separately. So I currently have the voiced press A to proceed boxes set to auto forward, but that didn’t also change the non voiced text boxes.

are you collecting the bonus exp? if you are, then stop :) (that's why this exists)
I feel like Expert mode might be something you unlock after beating the game.
you unlock leveling yourself down after beating the game.
Game is #1 on the german eshop. Seems to be doing very well.

The third chapter region ist so large, i'm still finding new biomes.

I'm also playing on hard but normal mobs go down pretty fast (like it should be) but elite and unique monsters still pose a challenge.
every new nintendo first party release is #1 on the eShop the week it comes out, this is really nothing special.

I'm somewhere around chapter 3 after 24 hours, I'm ridicolously overlevelled (story fights at level 22, I'm level 39) because I keep exploring, fighting unique monsters and doing side/hero quests.

This game is incredibly addictive.

I am also surprisingly charmed by Eunie, I expected to like Sena and Mio but Eunie is my favorite character so far (and I love that the DLC costume is straight up an Asuka plugsuit). Noah as I expect is a bite of a boring dude like Shulk but it doesn't bother me.
To the emphasized:
6oi2s7.jpg

Liberating the customization option from gacha is the biggest hook for me going from XC2 to XC3. I keep rotating the class all the time among the party just to find the most efficient flow during battles when I spam the shoulder buttons.

The same thing I always use things like this for.

I hoard them for a time when I'll 'really need them', absolutely refuse any time I could use or need them as 'not really needing to use them', and then build a towering vault to contain them all with a diving board so I can dive in and swim in them.
That was my plan, but I hit the 99 cap pretty quickly. You should spend them if only to not waste them.

I am not gonna read much because I don't even want to have hints on anything that might or might not happen, but suffice it to say I am enjoying this game tremendously.

Still on chapter 2 but I am exploring every nook and cranny of this world (its huge...goddamn). I can also see them trying to endear me to the party and their dynamics, and it's working, and it scares me because we know they're just doing this to later rip our hearts out and squeeze them dry. I kinda love that about the series though so I am not complaining.

If I were to file a mini complaint... at this point at least it seems like the world is a tiny bit too large for its own good. Collecting items only does so much for me as a motivator, the husks and containers are another factor but I do sorely miss the secret areas. I do gather they still exist though so maybe they get more plentiful later or I just missed all of them so far.

Anyways, everyone have fun playing. I can already tell this will be a game of the year contender for me.

Actually Yes!

I don't know if it's like Xeno2 that you need to play a mode to get them. I watched a vídeo showing the costumes to focus on those that I want.

However, if they are available as soon as you can control the character, I'll see tonight.
the ability to change costumes (and use the expansion pass day-1 freebie alt-colors) doesn't unlock until the start of chapter 3.

you said you've seen vids already but I just made a clip of the selection, maybe someone else still needs to see it:

yOr9Gbi.gif

Back
Top Bottom