• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Xenoblade 3 |ST| Σ Become One

How come some of the these heroes side quests aren't part of the main quest lol.
Already some of the very best side content I've encountered in a JRPG ever. And there's a ton.

Hero quests definitely help the story, which IMO has been a bit barebones so far. Not bad by any means, but it really hasn’t progressed much besides “the gang goes to Swordmarch”.

On another note, this soundtrack is absolutely legendary. The previewed music is obviously great, but the stuff we hasn’t heard yet is just as good. Eagus Wilderness, Ribbi Flats, the boss theme, the moebius theme, it’s all fantastic.

it's so simply but I still love finishing off enemies this way:
wvK2yhu.gif

How come some of the these heroes side quests aren't part of the main quest lol.
Already some of the very best side content I've encountered in a JRPG ever. And there's a ton.

Nothing new for Xenoblade. Praxis and Theory have the best plot line in Xenoblade 2 and they are entirely optional.

This game man.

New stupid enjoyable shit: first person flute playing. Wiggle the r stick and you're really jamming on that floating flute!

Finding all the colonies I have no hope of liberating yet, infiltrating metal gear style, and looting the shit out of them.

Iota Right Now:

Alexandria: hurry up and prepare food for the troops! What is taking so long?

Troop: Ma'am we can't! The food crates are all empty!!

Alexandria: I thought we just restocked with the nopon traders? Never mind, pull our ration funds from the Treasury, and purchase our food stock!

Troop: ma'am the Treasury is empty! Not a single silver or gold coin left!

Alexandria: WHAT!!??? REPORT TO ASSEMBLY IN 20 MINUTES AND BE PREPARED TO MOVE OUT!!! We leave as soon as I prepare and take care of final business.

Enters bathroom

Where the spark is the toilet paper?
NOOOOAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Anyone else have the problem where they have everyone learning classes and not really thinking about it until you get into a boss fight and suddenly realize “oh wait this team comp is garbage, whoops”, lol

Question:

The rank indicator for an individual class (like say Noah has an S rank in sword fighter or whatever): Does this just determine how quickly they’ll level up in said class, or is it also how good they are in it? And how does that work exactly?

This music man.

I thought it would be all Ron bergundy flute jamming, but I need to find out who this piano man is, because he is fucking slappin.

that desert area is huge counting all the side areas and such

i'm 23 hours into this game now and i've barely even started chapter 3 as far as the story goes

Anyone else have the problem where they have everyone learning classes and not really thinking about it until you get into a boss fight and suddenly realize “oh wait this team comp is garbage, whoops”, lol

Question:

The rank indicator for an individual class (like say Noah has an S rank in sword fighter or whatever): Does this just determine how quickly they’ll level up in said class, or is it also how good they are in it? And how does that work exactly?
the former:
CDXlWRZ.png

QeKFPPB.png

this menu is your friend btw, there's so much useful stuff here that I see people ask about all the time because they clicked past it or it's just been so much to take in that they forgot.
Tv7NVac.png

Question:

I’m pretty sure it’s just how fast they level up in that class.

“Quick, we have to escape from the enemy forces who launched a pincer attack on us! Run down this tunnel and we might lose them if we can escape into the water!”

CP Up meal runs out

“Ah, that’s a good plan and all, but first let’s walk all the way back to Colony 9 so we can eat some beans”

I figured I'd use the DLC costumes for a bit since I paid 30 big ones for them, but I ended up going back to default class gear because I change classes so frequently that I otherwise can't tell who has which role

Do you eventually get access to more than just two arts to pick from per class as master arts? Only looking for a quick yes or no here.

I think i've found the main flaw of the game, at least comaored to the previous entries.

There's no cities in the game

This is probably an early opinion but it seems like this could be a Final Fantasy XIII case.

Last edited:
Do you eventually get access to more than just two arts to pick from per class as master arts? Only looking for a quick yes or no here.

Yes
on the character/class menu you can see the unlock level for any extra slots/skills/arts

Yes
on the character/class menu you can see the unlock level for any extra slots/skills/arts
Ah, thank you. I stopped immediately upon unlocking class changing and am still locked out of the class menu lol

Just began chapter 3 10 hours in, but what an ending for chapter 2 that was! Having Ouroboros for all party members and chain attacks make the battles more hype and flashy. Still have to figure out some stuff with classes and equipping.
Regarding the story, I wonder why the queens of both countries starting this whole tragic mess, especially concerning their identity, if they are who I think they are. And I'm in full agreement with @carlosfilho , the game's pacing is great.

Can't wait to see the next region.

I am currently going around with 3 healers, 3 tanks and 1 attacker. It doesn’t even work that bad, stack up those buffs and just stall my way to victory.

Okay I need to sleep

Anyway, in chapter 3, exploring stuff.

Some random things;

- Hero quests seem fun! Found a new colony after deciding hey you know what in the other region I can still explore. Guess it’s the colony known to Mio and the gang. Saved there.

- You can continue chapter 3; yeah, but, I don’t want to. * Runs in the opposite direction with stronger enemies. Arachno’s are still easy targets for quick exp.

- I like the tunnel with the puzzle mechanic. Was fun to explore.

In regards to connections to previous games…

Yeah, its two worlds mashed together, but the Kolmax travelpoint got me. I’m walking on a little bit of Gaur Plains… stuffed together with other bits a pieces.

Makes me wonder about the Queens… I guess they are Melia and Nia, but a product of the merged worlds.

I have to say, I'm actually liking the direction of the soundtrack for the areas. In XC1 and especially in 2, the soundtrack for areas were bombastic, epic and very adventurous. XC3 on the other hand is more atmospheric and mainly sets the mood and tone especially how depressing and dark the war is.

I'm nearing the end of chapter 3 and things are getting reeeeeaallllyyy interesting, I'm constantly at the edge of my seat wanting to find out more.

I also agree with everyone, the hero quests are phenomenal, amazing stories, same level as the main story. I couldn't hardly tell it was a side quest plus they also have good cutscenes.

This game is simply special and sublime.

I am greatly enjoying people's impressions and living vicariously thru y'all. :coffee:

This is the most tempted I have been to be a Xenoblade "early-adopter" (a player who jumps in at or around launch) but I suspect its just too long for me to complete. I did eventually get XBDE and got up to around when (I think) Alvis is introduced around some giant waterfall area but just fell off. Thats been the pattern for me in recent years w/ long games, unf.

Looked up only one spoiler: total chapter count. Looks like I'm about halfway through and the game hasn't had any weak spots yet 😎
Whoahzers I'm bookmarking this positive and upbeat comment about a videogame from Brock (after I double and triple checked the username) ;)

I have to say, I'm actually liking the direction of the soundtrack for the areas. In XC1 and especially in 2, the soundtrack for areas were bombastic, epic and very adventurous. XC3 on the other hand is more atmospheric and mainly sets the mood and tone especially how depressing and dark the war is.
Yeah some of the soundtrack took a while for me to warm up to, I think considering how different a lot of it is, but overall it's excellent. The tracks in Danagh Desert are some of my favorite in the game so far, but there's been so many good ones.

Only managed to get to just passed (first chapter spoilers) the two parties of three being attacked and driven away by their respective sides, but holy moly, that whole sequence with Vandham, the two halves of the party meeting foir the first time, and the Ouroboros is already on par with some of the cinematic peaks of the series.

The music in particular is absolutely godlike, easily on par with the amazing OSTs for Xenoblade 1 and 2.

Characters are so far likeable and well acted; Eunie is my favourite so far, I love her cheeky humor and the way her rough and tough personality goes against the cliches of the "healer". She reminds me a lot of Syrenne in The Last Story, who I also really liked.

It's too early to say with any certainty at only 3-4 hours in, but this feels like it has a serious chance of being the best in the series in my book.

Last edited:
Given how short chapters 1-2 were compared to chapter 3, I dunno if that’s the best benchmark to use. Feels like the later chapters are significantly longer.

I'm at around the same point as Brock after 40 hours, and would be very surprised if the latter areas are of equivalent size / content density.

Whatever the second half entails, it will have to take the world's greatest nosedive for this to not end up my favourite Xenoblade title.

Given how short chapters 1-2 were compared to chapter 3, I dunno if that’s the best benchmark to use. Feels like the later chapters are significantly longer.
I imagine if you just bee line the main story chapter 3 is probably the same length as chapters 1 and 2. I imagine most people will chase down the hero characters over progressing the plot forward.

oh my God, that thing on Riku's head was a hat? and Noah's ponytail is sticking out of it

I'm at around the same point as Brock after 40 hours, and would be very surprised if the latter areas are of equivalent size / content density.

Whatever the second half entails, it will have to take the world's greatest nosedive for this to not end up my favourite Xenoblade title.

Something to keep in mind. The earliest area in the original Xenoblade, and probably the smallest area of the game (what you played the first time through), contained one of the largest most content dense parts of the game..... If you went back and found it.

Maaaaan, Eunie and Sena talking about their queens (late Chapter 2)...

giphy.webp

Makes me feel like a grandpa proud of their grandchildren, sort of. Like, yeah, you're right, kiddos, your queens are really elegant, and powerful at that, I used to crash a giant dragon with stacked spells with one of them, and the other was arguably the best user of the best support unit in the entire game. Best catgirl (?), too.

Huh. Didn’t know they hinted at the Heroes you can get in the menu. Nice they list voice actors too. Definitely a blade system from Xenoblade 2

It’s small list. Thought they’ll be more. And most we’ve seen. One looks like a consul and the one one looks like Mio. Wonder if she’s got a sister/friend that’s also like her. Or maybe it’s not-Nia lol.

Im hoping there’s some more heroes that are not listed. But seeing how the heroes quest are all voiced. And even transition to actual cutscenes Main game style. Probably it’s just a small list

Eat Taion.

Taion, eat.

Everyone else is eating Taion.

IM NOT LEAVING THIS SCREEN UNTIL YOU PUT FOOD IN YOUR MOUTH HOLE!!!!!

Holy shit... figured out a trick to basically rush past any high level enemy infested area

If an enemy aggroes you, draw your weapon to let the defenders tank the attacks/draw the aggro, and just keep clicking in the right stick to dash away until you're safe

Found a big optional area filled to the brim with super high leveled enemies and used this to rush all the way to the end, finding a camp and a unique enemy... Scary

Okay the battle with
Teach
might win for “best battlefield view”, or it’s at least way up there

I stealthed my way through low maktha, it's wild down there.
Level 70+ dragons and gogols everywhere. Never seen dragons as a normal enemy before in Xenoblade - reminded me of that desert island in Xenogears. Then there's a nopon hermit in the middle of it all. And this game keeps teasing me with giant red gogols. I swear I'll find the real Rotbart!

Last edited:
I guess not every Hero Quest is gonna be a winner. It's at least short? Feels like it should've been optional or even cut but they needed to keep it there because you need rail grinding to progress and they'd already made areas built around it.

Could they really have not come up with anything better for "abandoned colony" than a handful of people who are waiting around for death? Honestly might have been more interesting if they'd already broken their Flame Clock, like they said they could've done all along.

I’m on chapter 3.

But I’m not enjoying playing it honestly. All Xenoblade games are those type of games where things get better later on in terms of gameplay. But this one is taking it’s sweet time. On top of boring looking starting areas and force tutorials. Still
Surprised I haven’t seen any town or cities, Just military colonies (tho I’m a little nervous about that since the word city had a story element thrown in lol), Xenoblade 2 got way better after chapter 4 so maybe that’s the magic chapter. But what really is killing it for me it’s how they intertwined a lot of tutorials with main story progress. It’s throwing off the pacing after a interesting 1st chapter. It went from a dire situation to Lala land. Rather weird. I’m hoping patch in a option to turn it off, with a warning saying “we won’t interrupt gameplay to teach you anything, are you sure you wanna turn off tutorials?” That way no one is too blame. Xenoblade 2 tutorials sucked so bad, they overcorrected, but I think it was the right choice since this game will attract much more new folks. Even then, they don’t explain a few things lol. I’ve read the tips section and whatnot and I still don’t get how Interlink levels rise. It seems to be by waiting but I’ve seen it go up faster other times. Maybe I’ll try easy mode and try to figure it out.

I’m surprised how slow combat is actually with 6-7 characters. Think I might drop difficulty down to normal if hard mode is just HP sponges again. Monolith really suck at balancing a hard mode. Doesn’t feel challenging, Just tedious, like im
Winning almost all the fights first time, it’s just takes so long, that I’m losing interest. Probably should modify how it works for beginning of game. Maybe make the team more powerful. Glass canon type difficulty. But I think it’s just the nature of series since it’s gameplay is very AI focus. Can’t control that really. Probably will do a new game plus at hard mode. Might be more fun starting level 1 but with all the skills and whatnot.

The world is so boring right now. I’m hoping we get to those Argentum, Uraya, prison island, Alcamoth sea areas soon. I’m sure there somewhere. Just feels weird to be in a “starting area” type place still in Xenoblade with the run time I have. But it might be mostly that I really dislike desert areas in JRPG. Always boring looking.

Cast is pretty good so far. Im
Bummed how inconsistent the voice sections are. Some parts feel like they should be voice. But aren’t. Strange. Noah is probably the most boring, rather the only boring one. Shulk 2.0 but a bit more of a pacifist. Hoping he doesn’t stay a Shulk, but I can’t see him be a Rex, he was more a kid who joked around and optimistic about the game plan. But I guess with a cast like this, someone had to be the boring one. He’s flashbacks are more interesting tho. Noah’s voice actor is really good tho.

Music is great so far. Love the menu music. Hope we get more then that tune tho. Would be cool to get upgraded or something. I’m surprised I’ve seen so many comments about it being not as good as Xenoblade 1 and 2. But music is subjective so I can’t argue. Still it’s the style and mood they went that might be the difference. Tho the Boss themes are something else lol

Well. That’s Xenoblade 3 so far. It’s doing a Xenoblade 2 for me and taking it’s sweet time to get there lol. Story still needs to pick up. Chapter 1-3 (so far) feel like tutorials. I think the game will release the breaks after this one. I can’t see how much more they will introduced. But it’s monolith. Crazy enough to do it.

I'm surprised how slow combat is actually with 6-7 characters. Think I might drop difficulty down to normal if hard mode is just HP sponges again. Monolith really suck at balancing a hard mode. Doesn’t feel challenging, Just tedious, like im Winning almost all the fights first time, it’s just takes so long, that I’m losing interest.
Yeah, the combat takes way too long, especially on unique/boss enemies, but it's clearly designed around the flexible class system and mid-battle character swapping.

Around Chapter 4 I dropped the difficulty down to easy, and it's been a far more enjoyable experience for me personally. No more 10 minute damage sponges.

Hard mode isn't good, I dropped to normal. I'm fairly sure there's an art cooldown penalty of sorts (could just be the stat inflation on monsters causing more misses) which just isn't the the type of difficulty I'm looking for, it slows down to a crawl and makes exploration worse. Combat is definitely a bit slow in general though.

Overall enjoying it though, music is real good especially and I think the cutscenes look stellar, all of them are a treat so far.

Last edited:
I am about to hit the 40 hour mark. I have done all the hero quests I could find, and just made it to chapter 5. I think, like all Xenoblade games, X3 has some major pacing issues. So it's definitely not perfect.

But, the highs in X3 are higher than any other Xenoblade I have personally experienced. I think the cast is the best in the series by a mile. And the same could be said for the combat. X is still king for exploring, but 3 is not exactly a slouch in that department. I enjoy how they have weaved the side content from the colonies within the narrative structure, and there is a lot of significant stuff to find off the beaten path to facilitate exploring.

On my last play session, my initial MAJOR complaint seems to be somewhat being addressed. Nothing crazy surprising (well most of it anyways) but at least we are finally moving on to something that isn't just the letter named Barney-looking joksters for a central antagonist. And some of the musical tracks that I thought were forgettable are now growing on me. You could even say I'm feeling it.

The later part of chapter 4 is amazing, btw. Now I'll be going to bed and dreaming about playing more X3.

Unfortunately.... the answer is hidden in plain view.

If you stand at the bottom of the wall facing it, the items might clue you in.
You know what...I don't think I finished it out the right way, but I just Xenoblade'd it from the top-left of the structure to get down there lmao.

Hard mode isn't good, I dropped to normal. I'm fairly sure there's an art cooldown penalty of sorts (could just be the stat inflation on monsters causing more misses) which just isn't the the type of difficulty I'm looking for, it slows down to a crawl and makes exploration worse. Combat is definitely a bit slow in general though.

Overall enjoying it though, music is real good especially and I think the cutscenes look stellar, all of them are a treat so far.
Yeah, cd arts in hard mode make it just that more demoralising to play, esp. with only 3 party members. Seems like they didn't take that into consideration when setting up the difficult. Though I did feel the same as you in the first few hours, I tried my best to stick to hard mode and it does get better later. Still, my advice for others is if you hate having to trial and error bosses(at least during the first 10 hours), play Normal mode.

I am in love with the Colony Gamma music, wow. It’s beautiful.

@DecoReturns I was feeling similarly mixed at the start of Chapter 3, but I just got to the end of it and it has very much gone way way up. I think the comments about this game being a late bloomer are correct, at least for me, and I’m barely starting Chapter 4, lol. I can’t comment on hard mode though, I’m on Normal.

It's crazy how much stuff there is to do in chapter 3. So many different areas to find, I've been enjoying my time exploring for sure. Really hoping the work days this week go quickly so I can get back to it lol

this is one of those games I pretend not to care about online but is in fact of great interest to me because it is going to be my beloved sister's life for the next few weeks
You should give it a try Raccoon! You might be pleasantly surprised! I’m about ten hours in and it’s on track to be my favorite in the series!

Back
Top Bottom