• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Xenoblade 3 |ST| Σ Become One

Having played much more of the game now, there are a lot of subtler visual upgrades over Xenoblade 2 not covered in DF's analysis, like the improved animation/physics on hair and cloth, the fur shading used on some models, the accumulation of grime on the character's clothing if you go a while without cleaning at a campsite, etc.

The additional experience with the hardware and longer development cycle are clearly evident in the results.

I have a question about leveling at the campsites via bonus XP that I can't seem to find online; right now I've saved up a ton of it so I can make sure to crush the final boss, but I haven't used it yet.
Let's say, theoretically, I have enough saved up to go up 10 levels, can I go up 5 levels now and then save 5 for later if I need it, or does leveling up the 5 use all my bonus XP and void the chance to go higher?
Any bonus EXP that you don't use will still be available next time.

Postgame stuff so far: It's just fanservice. Perfect!

Melia and Nia....hell yeah, they're on the squad and have a lot of their original arts too. Their battle remixes are incredible too. I'm leaning a bit towards the Drifting Soul remix over Bionis Shoulder battle remix only because they took a super sad song and made it into an amazing upbeat theme.

I'm curious how much more is to be seen/heard/fought in the postgame.

Amazing how clearly I can hear the actual characters saying these in my head, I think the voice acting for the entire main cast was great.
I'd go as far as to say it's the best in the series. I go back and forth about the Japanese vs English voices on 1 and 2 but I seriously can't imagine playing 3 without the English cast.

Is it me or are loading times between areas shorter after this patch? Also visual stability seems to be a bit better with the reconstruction. I distinctly recall more shimmering before on stairwell lines but now it seems more solid.

I wonder if they finally fixed the continuous and rapid footsteps sound issue that occurs pretty often
I dunno if this works for anyone else, but when it starts doing that I rotate the camera around to look at the party behind me and it stops as soon as they come into view.

It's like kids doing something they know they shouldn't and as soon as you're looking at them they immediately quit. 🤣

I appreciate that Monolith Soft specified that they didn't have to fix all of the food and that actually Baked Spongy Spud and Kerfluffled Torpedo Wrap worked perfectly well this whole time

The patch seems to have introduced a new problem. Before, gogols in Lower Maktha threw gogol olipples while gogol vuagas were an unobtainable item. The patch makes it so the Lower Maktha gogols drop vuagas so you can finally complete the collectopedia, but now olipples are seemingly no longer obtainable. Both vuagas and olipples are needed to complete the collectapedia, so if you want to complete it, you'll need to have gotten the olipples before the patch.

edit: Also, the gogol dalm seems to still be MIA despite what the patch notes say. Every gogol is throwing the same items after eating except the lower maktha ones.

Last edited:
So I finished the Bravery. I'm at level 61 and know the final boss is level 72-76. Also know that the final boss is loooong and dying restarts it. What level is recommended for someone wants some challenge but also doesn't want to risk repeating shit over? Contemplating finishing the Seven Nopon quest too, but I kinda just wanna be done now tbh.

I’m going mad, where is Noah’s quest? I’ve got the 5 pieces of metal but the game is not telling me where this quest is?!
That's really weird. You should automatically get the quest after the fifth piece of metal. Are you sure you don't have the quest and it's just not active?

So I finished the Bravery. I'm at level 61 and know the final boss is level 72-76. Also know that the final boss is loooong and dying restarts it. What level is recommended for someone wants some challenge but also doesn't want to risk repeating shit over? Contemplating finishing the Seven Nopon quest too, but I kinda just wanna be done now tbh.
I was a level under the boss and was fine. Being the same level is probably what you want if you want too feel challenged while also not being too worried about starting over. Though your party build is probably more important than the level.

I’m going mad, where is Noah’s quest? I’ve got the 5 pieces of metal but the game is not telling me where this quest is?!
Nearing the end of that chapter myself. I had several glitches where the marker for the main quest would not pop up. Eventually I was able to cycle through blue "sub quest" cards on the main screen to locate the mission marker. For where you are at now,
try going back to the boat docks to drop off the metal

So I realised I was actually ‘doing’ the quest but no quest marker had showed up in the actual world telling me where to go, so I just looked at a guide which told me where to go next.

Just run a third healer for safety and you'll pretty much win no matter what if you're not too underleveled. Fight is very long and boring as sin so it's worth just blowing all your bonus exp before just to avoid having to repeat it if you've been saving up on that.

I'm three hours into Chapter 7 now, and am I alone in feeling romantic vibes between Noah and Crys? My autistic social senses could be misreading, but I swear the VA and direction, especially from Crys, conveys an affection and tenderness that goes beyond friendship.

Also, seeing the mural of the Bionis and Mechonis fighting in background of one of the flashback cutscenes was an awesome callback.

Last edited:
I'm three hours into Chapter 7 now, and am I alone in feeling romantic vibes between Noah and Crys? My autistic social senses could be misreading, but I swear the VA and direction, especially from Crys, conveys an affection and tenderness that goes beyond friendship.

Also, seeing the mural of the Bionis and Mechonis fighting in background of one of the flashback cutscenes was an awesome blink-and-you'll-miss-it callback.
Also autistic, I kinda got those vibes too. The mural is actually there in-game too, it's the room where you first enter the castle for Noah's Side Story

Also, seeing the mural of the Bionis and Mechonis fighting in background of one of the flashback cutscenes was an awesome blink-and-you'll-miss-it callback.
I kinda noticed something, but it felt less like romance and more like the senpai/kohai trope of admiration for your elder and protective affection towards your younger.

Okay Ashera's ascension quest was absolutely rad, definitely my favourite of all the Hero characters. Great scenario, nice little bit of lore while also being a really strong character story for Ashera and Eunie.

Also I may end up being totally wrong depending on how this final chapter plays out but it's also convinced me they're totally gay for each other, prove me wrong Takahashi.

Zeon being my fave Hero, I was looking forward to his Asc. quest and I had a great time. The unexpected crush Kite has on Juniper is quite cute

Soundtracks for Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and Torna The Golden Country are available to be bought from both Amazon Music and iTunes in the US.

Soundtracks for Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and Torna The Golden Country are available to be bought from both Amazon Music and iTunes in the US.

Yeah they've each been up for a long time. I was always hoping they'd be able to do it for the original game down the road, but it never happened. Fingers crossed they can at least do it again for Xenoblade 3 even if it has to be split across two releases. I believe the only word we still have is that plans for any proper release aren't finalized given the large number of tracks Xenoblade 3 has.

Hit the start of the last chapter this morning—is it conceivable that I could finish the game in 3-4 hours if I beeline the main story? Some of the cutscenes have been so long lately that I assume that’d be pushing it, but I was surprised by how short chapter 6 was anyway.
I’d love to finish it tonight before splatoon comes out tomorrow, then go back for side stuff later on, but otherwise I’ll just take my time as I have been up to this point.

Last edited:
Hit the start of chapter 7 this morning—is it conceivable that I could finish the game in 3-4 hours if I beeline the main story? Some of the cutscenes have been so long lately that I assume that’d be pushing it, but I was surprised by how short chapter 6 was anyway.
I’d love to finish it tonight before splatoon comes out tomorrow, then go back for side stuff later on, but otherwise I’ll just take my time as I have been up to this point.
As someone currently closing in on the end of the final dungeon, no. I'd give it 5-7 hours personally. Also you should spoil the chapter count

Probably. What difficulty and level are you at?

In hard mode. I don’t think so

Normal difficulty, I think around level 60, though I’m not opposed to using the bonus experience I’ve ignored til now if I hit a wall by rushing a bit—sounds like it might be doable then, thank you!

I’m still enjoying the game a lot even though I’m certainly starting to understand why some are dissatisfied with the story toward the end, and truthfully I’m pretty burnt out on the combat lol, so I think a break will be pretty welcome before going back to the side stuff either way

Chapter 5 Hero Quest spoiler:

I've met Triton.

Best character ever or best character ever?

Men of the sea usually are.

xenogears-a-man-of-the-sea.gif

Finished the game, watching credits now.

While the lack of development of certain points and sudden cheese at points bothered me a lot, I do think the very final stretch made up for a lot of it. Also when I got to chew on the truth of Z's and Moebius's identity, I actually ended up really liking it, but again, it's a victim of being underdeveloped. ~9/10 overall, easily 2nd place to the original

Credits finally rolling after a solid 115 hours. What a beautiful ending to a fantastic game.

Most importantly of all, time to finally take the spoiler topic off my ignore list.

Finished chapter 6, which was surprisingly short.

Unlike chapter 5, I didn't believe for a moment that they would actually kill a major character. It would have been so out of nowhere and anticlimactic.
The fight after that was the first time I had technical issues: First, the camera pointed upwards and nothing happened, so I had to end the cutscene by myself. Then I had to wait for 30 seconds after the Moebius were defeated and the cutscene started. I really feared the game would crash. I hope this doesn't repeat during the final fight/cutscenes.
Anyway, it was so hilarious hearing Nia falling back into her old, unroyal personality for a moment when she woke up before she realized the circumstances. Using XB2 music here hit a nostalgic nerve. That it has already been 5 years...

I don't know how to deal with the huge story part delivered by Nia. The finale chapter will hopefully give some more context about this.
Doing more sidequests. Maybe the game will be finished next weekend.

Welp, after 153h I finally beat XC3. If I rate it, I would say that it's around 7/10 or 8/10. The gameplay is really enjoyable, but the plot is on weaker side for me.

I love how most every ascension quest is pretty serious and really develops the characters and colonies, and Isurd’s is “I’m stressed and need a spa day”

I finished up the last of the Post Game cleanup this weekend.

Fantastic game overall.

I feel like XCX was more enjoyable to explore and the combat in XC2 felt more satisfying. but the improvements to character development, designs and side quests made XC3 the best overall in the series.

Biggest take away from the plot:
Biffteen . . . Sena why?

Update on Chapter 5 Hero Quest:

I found Fiona and her ... strange ... colony.

It's sure something to have the best char Triton together with the worst one, Fiona.

Back
Top Bottom