• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Xenoblade 3 |ST| Σ Become One

Imagine immediately jumping into the drainage pipes again after entering the throne room for the second time, couldn't be me

Crys must've been quite confused

Looks like the special edition contents are now starting to ship for those in the U.S

Hoping that’s a sign of us Europeans finally being able to order at some point today!

Still absolutely nothing on the EU front... Such a hot mess :(

The official OST may be coming relatively soon.

I'll absolutely go for the LE of this, missed it with two and still am disappointed I missed it. Can't wait, let's go!

I finally finished the game after 160 hours. What a journey. My main criticism were and still are the villains, but that beautiful ending totally made up for it. The most bittersweet one of the series, that made one or two tears roll down my face.

Now, I am free and can read/watch all the spoiler discussions.

I finally finished the game after 160 hours. What a journey. My main criticism were and still are the villains, but that beautiful ending totally made up for it. The most bittersweet one of the series, that made one or two tears roll down my face.

Now, I am free and can read/watch all the spoiler discussions.
I had some huge problems with the villains until I realized that
A lot of the game is a bit of allegory for capitalism. And the moebious are literally trillionaire assholes. Are they hammy, stupid, contrived, and not talented at all. Of course. But take a look at your average billionaire, they are surprisingly similar.

As a follow up to that, potentially the final list of track titles with composer credits are up. 145 tracks.

WARNING: Some track names contain spoilers.

We are still at least several months away from release, but we could get an announcement for it as soon as sometime this month IMO.

As a follow up to that, potentially the final list of track titles with composer credits are up. 145 tracks.

WARNING: Some track names contain spoilers.

We are still at least several months away from release, but we could get an announcement for it as soon as sometime this month IMO.

Dannagh Desert, Agnus Colony and Erythia Sea are so good
This soundtrack rules.

Except for that one song in the
prison
area i gotta reach for mute on that one

Unexpectedly got this for a b-day gift and I just can’t stop playing. On Chapter 3 at the moment and loving it. The hangoutitude of this game is off the charts, having your crew of six + guests running around and steamrolling a buncha fauna together! Will be interesting to see where it all goes.

Anyway, see you in the spoiler / endgame thread in 2025 when I wrap this one up

Is there something I should be spending my gold on? I'm still on Chapter 3 and am sitting on ~200k. The vendors I run into never seem to have anything remotely as good as the stuff I've been finding or getting as quest rewards.

You will end with one million of gold easily. Use it however you want. It doesn't have any value really...
Thank you for the reply! It legitimately felt like I was missing something lol, I don't think I've found a single opportunity to spend any yet. Guess I'll just let it pile high!

Thank you for the reply! It legitimately felt like I was missing something lol, I don't think I've found a single opportunity to spend any yet. Guess I'll just let it pile high!

Sometimes you may find in some merchant an item with better stats than one you already have, but rarely so. And always, you will be able to fet the same item they are selling with better properties out in the wild. In relation to end game party min-maxing stats gold is pretty much useless, so spend it however you like.

Sorry for another post, not sure where else to ask, but how long are chapters 6 and 7? Are they as long as 4 and especially 5?

Sorry for another post, not sure where else to ask, but how long are chapters 6 and 7? Are they as long as 4 and especially 5?
Honestly it is not that long if you just go through the story.
Chapter 6 and 7 together took me around 15 hours, and that was with doing a good amount of side quests.

Honestly it is not that long if you just go through the story.
Chapter 6 and 7 together took me around 15 hours, and that was with doing a good amount of side quests.
Okay awesome. I spent 16 hours in chapter 4 and 23 hours in chapter 5, so if 6 and 7 were going to be that long I was probably going to shelve this for a while lol

Anyone been running any interesting team setups?

I'm currently using a setup with 5 healers, 1 attacker and 1 defender. It's actually been working pretty well and it's a lot of fun to pilot.
I managed to defeat a unique monster lvl 71 and 2 strong enemies lvl 85 while I'm only 62. The main plan is to outheal the damage while creating a plethora of fields and buffs.

Even chain attacks are more exciting. There are only 3 who can finish an order and the hero reactivates everyone upon completing one. So you can spam everyone if you know you are about to get an ouroboros order or end on the hero

Unsure if you mean the story revelations or just the time spent lol
More the latter lol

The story is brutal, and if the length of these chapters continued to be along those lines, I don't know if I would have had it within me to continue. Hearing the next few chapters are shorter makes me much less hesitant to continue for now lol

More the latter lol

The story is brutal, and if the length of these chapters continued to be along those lines, I don't know if I would have had it within me to continue. Hearing the next few chapters are shorter makes me much less hesitant to continue for now lol
Ahh, well yeah they are much shorter imo.

Hope you enjoyed the ending of chapter 5, probably one of the best story moments in any JRPG I’ve played imo!

Anyone been running any interesting team setups?

I'm currently using a setup with 5 healers, 1 attacker and 1 defender. It's actually been working pretty well and it's a lot of fun to pilot.
I managed to defeat a unique monster lvl 71 and 2 strong enemies lvl 85 while I'm only 62. The main plan is to outheal the damage while creating a plethora of fields and buffs.

Even chain attacks are more exciting. There are only 3 who can finish an order and the hero reactivates everyone upon completing one. So you can spam everyone if you know you are about to get an ouroboros order or end on the hero
I was really boring tbh and generally ran 3 Healers, 2 Attackers and 2 Defenders. I'm sure you can do some wild stuff with the class system if you dig deep into it though.

Oh yes, it was incredible. Amazing, amazing highs this game hits in Chapter 5 (and even 4 tbh).
I think that the end of Chapter 3-ish through the end of Chapter 5 is one of the best stretches of an RPG that I can think of, in terms character moments, cutscenes and reveals, and just overall vibe of the game. Just a fantastic section.

I think that the end of Chapter 3-ish through the end of Chapter 5 is one of the best stretches of an RPG that I can think of, in terms character moments, cutscenes and reveals, and just overall vibe of the game. Just a fantastic section.
For me it was when

Eunie discovers her husk, the Annihilator is introduced, and Ethel's death portion
that the story starts to finally get interesting, then of course, the ending of Chapter 4 is excellent, and then Chapter 5 is the most sadistically cruel stretch of incredible storytelling I can remember in an RPG in a very long time.

I have questions about a pair of NPCs, i think Chapter 5+, so if you're below that, don't open the spoiler.

Ghondor and Monica. I was browsing the affinity chart yesterday and (don't blame me) just noticed you could hit R3 to open more details about the NPCs there.

And that made me see something weird (imo at least).

Monica is 33. Ghondor is 18. Doing the math this would mean Monica gave birth to Ghondor at the age of 15?! Like ... why would you have something like teenage pregnancy in this game at all?

Did western localization change ages, like are chars like Ghondor / Shania younger in the japanese version? Wouldn't make it better to be honest, as it would kinda have a "child soldier" theme just as bad as Agnus and Keves.

Man, this is weird. Don't really like this.

I have questions about a pair of NPCs, i think Chapter 5+, so if you're below that, don't open the spoiler.

Ghondor and Monica. I was browsing the affinity chart yesterday and (don't blame me) just noticed you could hit R3 to open more details about the NPCs there.

And that made me see something weird (imo at least).

Monica is 33. Ghondor is 18. Doing the math this would mean Monica gave birth to Ghondor at the age of 15?! Like ... why would you have something like teenage pregnancy in this game at all?

Did western localization change ages, like are chars like Ghondor / Shania younger in the japanese version? Wouldn't make it better to be honest, as it would kinda have a "child soldier" theme just as bad as Agnus and Keves.

Man, this is weird. Don't really like this.
I've heard that the reason this happens is because (don't read if you haven't played through chapter 6)

Shania shooting herself would cause problems with CERO ratings if she was 15 so they aged her up (and thus ghondor as well) without taking monica's age into consideration, although getting pregnant at 15 in their world wouldnt really be outlandish all things considered

I've heard that the reason this happens is because (don't read if you haven't played through chapter 6)

Shania shooting herself would cause problems with CERO ratings if she was 15 so they aged her up (and thus ghondor as well) without taking monica's age into consideration, although getting pregnant at 15 in their world wouldnt really be outlandish all things considered

So they did age them up. Well, yeah, they should've aged Monica up by some years too. Or changed something like Ghondor not being Monica's biological daughter.
About teen pregnancy in Aionios ... so far they made sure that everytime the topic of pregnancy came up it was from adult couples, it does feel off even in the context of how this world is. Especially since life in the City is more or less as "normal" as we know it.

But to be honest i'm glad they aged them up to at least 18, it would've rubbed me very wrong about Monica if she basically was idling aroung while her teenage daughter was an enemy PoW with the scheduled execution coming up soon. And let's be honest, if Noah's party as Ouroboros were pretty much done short by N during the prison break, the City candidates would've been even more done for. Even without Shania betraying them.

The sale of the collector edition is an absolute debacle in Europe. Thousands of people got access to the product page several minutes before Nintendo sent the mail notification of availability and the website already had collapsed under load by the time I got there. Congratulations to everybody who managed to snatch one. Except if you are a scalper, in which case I wish you wet socks forever.

The whole affair is frankly bizarre. I had no issue getting the collector editions of the previous games (weeks after release in the case of XC2) and even though XC3 sold much better and the collector being a separate item that could be (kinda) reserved months in advance, Nintendo still managed to completely mess things up.

Last edited:
The sale of the collector edition is an absolute debacle in Europe. Thousands of people got access to the product page several minutes before Nintendo sent the mail notification of availability and the website already collapsed under load by the time I got there. Congratulations to everybody who managed to snatch one. Except if you are a scalper, in which case I wish you wet socks forever.

The whole affair is frankly bizarre. I had no issue getting the collector editions of the previous games (weeks after release in the case of XC2) and even though XC3 sold much better and the collector being a separate item that could be (kinda) reserved months in advance, Nintendo still managed to completely mess things up.
I was fortunate enough to get an order in (just in the nick of time it seems before the site collapsed)
But yes, it’s been an absolute fail from Nintendo.
I’ve been glued to my inbox since the initial ‘preorders open very soon’ email.
It’s been a nightmare & I hope I don’t have to deal with mynintendo store again tbh.
Do not get me started on the scalping scumbags!

The sale of the collector edition is an absolute debacle in Europe. Thousands of people got access to the product page several minutes before Nintendo sent the mail notification of availability and the website already collapsed under load by the time I got there. Congratulations to everybody who managed to snatch one. Except if you are a scalper, in which case I wish you wet socks forever.

It's an extremely disappointing and disgusting consumer (fan!) experience. After months of delays and the previous experience from the American side of things they couldn't prepare better? As a Spaniard it's even worse because today is a National holiday and we were caught off guard, you know, living our lives.

I'm so pissed off.

At this point, I hope they'll do another round of survey and order a second batch, but I won't hold my breath.

I'm not too upset because I have enough geeky junk cluttering up my shelves, even though I already saved up a space besides XC 1 and 2 collectors. It does not shine a good light on Nintendo - especially Nintendo of Europe - though. Delays, tiny batch, launching the sale out of the blue before notifying the people who signed up months ago, wimpy server infrastructure. Understandable from a small dev company, ludicrous from Nintendo.

Last edited:
yes it's a shame
I've got the email, entered, nothing was working, I fiannly made it to the payment, put all the codes to unlock the payment with credit card....and everything died.
payment didn't go through, but site has been down since.
man.

Nintendo, why in the ever living hell would you open preorders at 3:30AM PST?! Literally ridiculous; guess I'm paying the eBay scalper prices for this complete disaster of a release...

Hi friends! Quick questions: I’m just starting chapter six (whew what an end to chapter five). Should I do ascension missions or push forward with story/new hero missions? How far from credits am I?

Thank you!!

Hi friends! Quick questions: I’m just starting chapter six (whew what an end to chapter five). Should I do ascension missions or push forward with story/new hero missions? How far from credits am I?

Thank you!!
you should do at least every ascension quests for the main party before the endgame, the other ascension quest are also really good and most of them are doable before the final boss but they're not really important for the overall plot and are more self contained. Just do the one that inspire you the most and you can do the rest after the final boss. You're not that far from the end, the next chapters are not as long as chapter 4 and 5.

you should do at least every ascension quests for the main party before the endgame, the other ascension quest are also really good and most of them are doable before the final boss but they're not really important for the overall plot and are more self contained. Just do the one that inspire you the most and you can do the rest after the final boss. You're not that far from the end, the next chapters are not as long as chapter 4 and 5.
Okay- thank you! I’ve done Lanz and Taion so far. Thanks for the insight. Is there a spoiler free post game guide?

The sale of the collector edition is an absolute debacle in Europe. Thousands of people got access to the product page several minutes before Nintendo sent the mail notification of availability and the website already had collapsed under load by the time I got there. Congratulations to everybody who managed to snatch one. Except if you are a scalper, in which case I wish you wet socks forever.

If it makes you feel better, it was a disaster in NA too

Site and item went up a few minutes ago and I managed to get my order in!

today-show-yes.gif

Back
Top Bottom