• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST4 Jan. 2022| Resurrections

The next Switch model will be called...

• Nintendo Switch 2

Votes: 40 23.5%
  • Nintendo Switch Pro

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Nintendo Switch 4k

Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Nintendo Switch U

• Nintendo Switch +

Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Nintendo Switch Max

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • Nintendo Switch Up

• New Nintendo Switch

Votes: 5 2.9%
  • Nintendo Switch Advance

Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Super Nintendo Switch

Votes: 53 31.2%
  • Nintendo Switch Super

• Nintendo Switchxty Four

Votes: 4 2.4%
  • Nintendo Switchcube

• Nintendo Swiitch

• Nintendo Change

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nintendo Modify

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nintendo Adjust

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Nintendo Wii U 2

Votes: 6 3.5%
  • Other (Please specify)

Votes: 7 4.1%
  • Switch Plus

Votes: 5 2.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last call for raffle 1
  • Beginning of week 2
  • Alright, week one of this thread is over!

Week 2 will have a new topic "Coping with COVID", "compare your boss to a Nintendo boss" with a new poll going up as soon as I message a mod to reset it.

Week 2 also has a new raffle, this one focusing on pets! Post a picture of your pet or a pet you know, and maybe tell us a little about why it's the cutest dog/cat/ferret/muskrat/vole/iguana/grasshopper in the world. To start, here's my dog:

EhWod42XgAM0UCs

As you can plainly see he is the cutest dog in the world, he enjoys chicken and licking arms incessantly, turn offs include long walks and other animals, turn ons include basically all food except for some reason pretzels.

I'll be figuring out week 1's winner tomorrow and shortly after figure out how exactly to give them eShop money. Stay tuned for the winner announcement!

Last edited:
    Update on week 2 topic
  • Alright, after my previous post got the 5 requisite "yeah!"s I'm going to remove the depressing COVID discussion and poll and bump up the one I had planned for week 4:

Which Nintendo boss does your boss/teacher/authority figure remind you of?

To all bosses, teachers and authority figured I apologize in advance for the poll options I will be creating.

Beginning of week 3
  • How time flies! The pet raffle is over, I'll be choosing the winner thanks to the magic of RNG tomorrow at some point, then announcing it to y'all and figuring out how to give them eShop money which is way harder than it should be TBH.

Meanwhile, raffle #3 has begun. This is the game merch raffle, post a picture of your favorite or most interesting game related merchandise.

I'll post mine tomorrow, don't have a good picture of it yet, but it's The Game of Life: Mario edition. Which is essentially a much more boring version of Mario Party.

Also the topic will change to- family/relationship related discussion. What to play with your kids/spouse/SO, how to deepen your relationships through the power of not playing Mario Party, your game themed wedding, which of you named your kids Waluigi, etc.

I'll reset the poll and try to add a new one early tomorrow, way too tired for it now.

The unthinkable has happened
  • Well folks, it's about time I came clean.

I know around these parts, it's my "thing" to love Subway. And I do. And I forever will. However there's been a development to which I must comment. Firehouse Subs, at least my local location, has now allowed, through their menu on Skip The Dishes, customization of their sandwiches. Among their options are chopped pickles, black olives, and peppers of both the hot and banana variety.

This has changed everything.

Subway has always been my sandwich shop of choice because of the options. Firehouse has always been great but their insistence on ordering exactly what they deem to be the ideal sandwich has always rubbed me the wrong way. Their sandwiches were delicious, but their sandwiches were rigid. Now? The game has changed.

It is, with great consideration, my duty to announce the following:

Firehouse Subs is better than Subway.

I still love Subway. I forever will. Their sandwiches are still incredibly affordable, and they have locations just about everywhere. They have plenty of options, enough to please just about all but the pickiest of eaters.

But with the ability for me to put pickles, chopped to increase their spread through the sandwich, delicious black olives and nice chunks of banana pepper onto my sandwich, I'm sorry: Firehouse has won my heart.

We did it!!
  • Update: My partner has been informed of recent events regarding Derachi and we will now be ordering Firehouse Subs in celebration.

edit: ordering now!!!!!!

Winner of raffle #3 and start of raffle #4
  • Raffle #3 is over! This week's winner is @Suswave! Congratulations! I'll get in touch with you about getting your $5 in a bit.

Raffle #4 has now begun. As stated in the OP, this one is a free for all. Post any picture of any old thing and make sure to tag me so I don't miss it. Ideally it should be something interesting and/or not boring!

I'll update the poll in a bit too.

Winner of raffle #4
  • The winner of raffle #4 is @sagadego20! Congratulations! I'll be in touch shortly to get you your eShop credit.

And with that, my plans for ST4 are over. I hope you all enjoyed all of the activities I prepared haphazardly on my phone text pad.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Back
    Top Bottom