• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST4 Jan. 2022| Resurrections

The next Switch model will be called...

• Nintendo Switch 2

Votes: 40 23.5%
  • Nintendo Switch Pro

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Nintendo Switch 4k

Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Nintendo Switch U

• Nintendo Switch +

Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Nintendo Switch Max

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • Nintendo Switch Up

• New Nintendo Switch

Votes: 5 2.9%
  • Nintendo Switch Advance

Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Super Nintendo Switch

Votes: 53 31.2%
  • Nintendo Switch Super

• Nintendo Switchxty Four

Votes: 4 2.4%
  • Nintendo Switchcube

• Nintendo Swiitch

• Nintendo Change

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nintendo Modify

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nintendo Adjust

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Nintendo Wii U 2

Votes: 6 3.5%
  • Other (Please specify)

Votes: 7 4.1%
  • Switch Plus

Votes: 5 2.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought this year's FE was IntSys. Did I confuse the two or am I missing something?
This year's FE is KT -- it's the same team that did Three Houses. The remake of Holy War for next year is IntSys.

Good playstation episode Nate. I am very interested in what you’ve heard about Sony’s game pass next time

Thanks. We have a lot to say on that.

Hi Nate. I know you're a big fan of Tetris Effect Connected. What modes are your favourite? I really enjoy marathon, purify, master mode, countdown. And in multiplayer, classic score attack is so challenging due to how different it is from modern Tetris, but I'm enjoying coming to grips with it.

Hi Nate. I know you're a big fan of Tetris Effect Connected. What modes are your favourite? I really enjoy marathon, purify, master mode, countdown. And in multiplayer, classic score attack is so challenging due to how different it is from modern Tetris, but I'm enjoying coming to grips with it.
Marathon or the main campaign are my main go to.

Hot take: If a sitcom needs a laugh track, it's probably not that funny to begin with

to cover my ass, Fresh Prince of Bel-Air is an exception. Jury is reserved for the reboot until release but it's absolutely what happens when those YouTubers who made GRITTY REBOOT TRAILERS OF [beloved franchise] in the late 2000s/early 2010s get a Hollywood budget

KT is busy with other stuff (FE).

Would be surprised if they were actively working on a Mario Musou game.
Are KT large enough to be working on multiple games at once? I genuinely have no concept of their size
Hot take: If a sitcom needs a laugh track, it's probably not that funny to begin with

to cover my ass, Fresh Prince of Bel-Air is an exception. Jury is reserved for the reboot until release but it's absolutely what happens when those YouTubers who made GRITTY REBOOT TRAILERS OF [beloved franchise] in the late 2000s/early 2010s get a Hollywood budget
I don't think that's necessarily true; it was just a highly prevalent stylistic choice which these days seems really outdated. I don't love laugh tracks, especially for modern shows cough How I Met Your Father cough but there was a time where it was in basically every sitcom and they weren't all bad

Are KT large enough to be working on multiple games at once? I genuinely have no concept of their size

I don't think that's necessarily true; it was just a highly prevalent stylistic choice which these days seems really outdated. I don't love laugh tracks, especially for modern shows cough How I Met Your Father cough but there was a time where it was in basically every sitcom and they weren't all bad

Yes, in fact Fire Emblem Warriors and Fire Emblem Three Houses weren't even by the same groups. The former was Team Ninja & Omega Force, the latter was the Kou Shibuwasa group.

Mmmm, maybe that take was posted in haste, because admittedly I did enjoy That 70s Show back in the day even if my parents never explained why the camera kept spinning around in a circle and why they were always laughing (I was not an exceptionally bright kid).

Mostly I think it stems from seeing my parents watch Mom every week and...the few episodes I've seen out of context, coupled with when I rewatched Friends when it first came to Netflix five or six years ago, and just having seen BBT on syndication not too long ago made me retroactively realize all laugh track comedies just ain't that good.

Which sucks because I love my comedies but it's hard to find some decent new ones lately that can scratch the same itch as Scrubs, Community or Marvelous Mrs. Maisel (or I've just gone through most of the live action ones I do like i.e. Sex Education, Brockmire, and others I'm probably forgetting)

If Nate "Manscaped" Drake is still around and feels like answering, what was your favorite game that you played in 2021? And do you have any overlooked games you would like to suggest? I'm listening to the podcast right now. Great work as always. 🙂

Man, Michael Giacchino's new theme for THE BATMAN is stunning. Sweeping, swooning, romantic, mysterious, melancholic, Gothic, epic, hopeful - all in about 7 minutes. It's Sam Raimi's Spider-Man, Howard Shore's LotR score, and detective Batman vibes melded into one. Glorious stuff. Can't wait for the rest of the OST.

There's a very good chance Mario musou would end up being a lot of fun, but I think I'd prefer to see a Mario spin-off in a different genre simply because we've already had two Zelda musou and a Fire Emblem musou. No idea what genre they could spin off into next, but that's part of the fun.

The fact that there's no Mushroom Kingdom Builders is downright criminal, it could even be developed by the same studio as Mario Musou!

The fact that there's no Mushroom Kingdom Builders is downright criminal, it could even be developed by the same studio as Mario Musou!
Wait, what!? That idea is so good, and it's being pitched here in a random thread on a random website during a random Thursday!

Last edited:
Wait, what!? That idea is so good, and it's being pitched here in a random thread on a random website during a random Thursday!

Someone get Miyamoto a fami account because I got more free pitches where that one came from.

Like, err...

af6aba35935fc393749005d7a9ab2a81_w200.gif

KT is busy with other stuff (FE).

Would be surprised if they were actively working on a Mario Musou game.
Omega Force always works on a musou game. It's what they do. Two are coming very soon, DW9 is slated to release next month.

FE 3H was done by in house Koei, who also did Nobunaga's Ambition and Romance of Three Kingdoms series. And Pokémon Conquest.

I remember making off like a bandit when Club Nintendo closed down. I registered a ton of games and I got enough points to get Super Mario Bros U, Starfox 64 3D, and Animal Crossing New Leaf.

None of my posts are shit. They are all a beautiful field of flowers that permeates this place with amazing fragrance. Everyone loves to sniff my posts.

I regard my shit(posts) as fertilization for great discussions, so there is that

pr3tklclmjav.gif

The unthinkable has happened
Well folks, it's about time I came clean.

I know around these parts, it's my "thing" to love Subway. And I do. And I forever will. However there's been a development to which I must comment. Firehouse Subs, at least my local location, has now allowed, through their menu on Skip The Dishes, customization of their sandwiches. Among their options are chopped pickles, black olives, and peppers of both the hot and banana variety.

This has changed everything.

Subway has always been my sandwich shop of choice because of the options. Firehouse has always been great but their insistence on ordering exactly what they deem to be the ideal sandwich has always rubbed me the wrong way. Their sandwiches were delicious, but their sandwiches were rigid. Now? The game has changed.

It is, with great consideration, my duty to announce the following:

Firehouse Subs is better than Subway.

I still love Subway. I forever will. Their sandwiches are still incredibly affordable, and they have locations just about everywhere. They have plenty of options, enough to please just about all but the pickiest of eaters.

But with the ability for me to put pickles, chopped to increase their spread through the sandwich, delicious black olives and nice chunks of banana pepper onto my sandwich, I'm sorry: Firehouse has won my heart.

This is honestly shocking news that makes the Activision buyout pale in comparison. I'm more shook than when Hulk Hogan joined NWO. Top 10 anime betrayals.

I know around these parts, it's my "thing" to love Subway. And I do. And I forever will. However there's been a development to which I must comment. Firehouse Subs, at least my local location, has now allowed, through their menu on Skip The Dishes, customization of their sandwiches. Among their options are chopped pickles, black olives, and peppers of both the hot and banana variety.

Subway has always been my sandwich shop of choice because of the options. Firehouse has always been great but their insistence on ordering exactly what they deem to be the ideal sandwich has always rubbed me the wrong way. Their sandwiches were delicious, but their sandwiches were rigid. Now? The game has changed.

I still love Subway. I forever will. Their sandwiches are still incredibly affordable, and they have locations just about everywhere. They have plenty of options, enough to please just about all but the pickiest of eaters.

But with the ability for me to put pickles, chopped to increase their spread through the sandwich, delicious black olives and nice chunks of banana pepper onto my sandwich, I'm sorry: Firehouse has won my heart.
I look forward to years of Firehouse Subs memes incoming.

are you serious? you can get anything anywhere now, it's not 2006

I can get olives on my jersey mike's it isn't the bloody dark ages

Mostly I think it stems from seeing my parents watch Mom every week and...the few episodes I've seen out of context, coupled with when I rewatched Friends when it first came to Netflix five or six years ago, and just having seen BBT on syndication not too long ago made me retroactively realize all laugh track comedies just ain't that good.
Laugh tracks are a cost saving maneuver. Audience's don't actually naturally laugh that loud. For a "live" laugh you've gotta do two things, one you need a pump up comedian who not only gets the audience jazzed up, they teach the audience how to laugh so that it sounds good. Then you have to mic the hell out of the audience. That's one of the reasons that, say, a comedian playing a political rally always seems to be bombing - they don't mic the audience.

Problem is that the audience laughs at the first joke most of the time, but you need multiple takes. The take you use isn't the one that got the laugh, but the one that the actor nailed their mark. As more actors working in television come from film, and as shooting schedules get more compressed, the laugh track comes to patch up the difference. One of the (many) problems is that you can feel the editors goosing the perceived laugh. A laugh that doesn't feel natural will actually pull the air out of a joke that works.
Which sucks because I love my comedies but it's hard to find some decent new ones lately that can scratch the same itch as Scrubs, Community or Marvelous Mrs. Maisel (or I've just gone through most of the live action ones I do like i.e. Sex Education, Brockmire, and others I'm probably forgetting)
If you like Sex Education, you'll probably dig Derry Girls. I happen to also love What We Do In The Shadows.

Top 10 anime betrayal

Next step is admitting that Yakuza is mostly mid.

are you serious? you can get anything anywhere now, it's not 2006

I can get olives on my jersey mike's it isn't the bloody dark ages
Hey I'm just saying what I know. I had never had Firehouse pre-pandemic therefore I have never been able to order in-store

I am being asked figure out which mouse can’t reach cheese in a maze to verify I’m human and see my 2021 Playstation stats. What happened to good ol fashioned find the traffic lights? Am I gonna be asked to clear Dark Souls one of these days?

@Skittzo can we get a threadmark? This is legendary for the thread lore

I am being asked figure out which mouse can’t reach cheese in a maze to verify I’m human and see my 2021 Playstation stats. What happened to good ol fashioned find the traffic lights? Am I gonna be asked to clear Dark Souls one of these days?
That came up and I was like “what the hell is this?”

Bloodborne Platinum Trophy or bust.

Thank God.

I appreciate this new take and this is a fresh lore start for Famiboards

Laugh tracks are a cost saving maneuver. Audience's don't actually naturally laugh that loud. For a "live" laugh you've gotta do two things, one you need a pump up comedian who not only gets the audience jazzed up, they teach the audience how to laugh so that it sounds good. Then you have to mic the hell out of the audience. That's one of the reasons that, say, a comedian playing a political rally always seems to be bombing - they don't mic the audience.

Problem is that the audience laughs at the first joke most of the time, but you need multiple takes. The take you use isn't the one that got the laugh, but the one that the actor nailed their mark. As more actors working in television come from film, and as shooting schedules get more compressed, the laugh track comes to patch up the difference. One of the (many) problems is that you can feel the editors goosing the perceived laugh. A laugh that doesn't feel natural will actually pull the air out of a joke that works.

If you like Sex Education, you'll probably dig Derry Girls. I happen to also love What We Do In The Shadows.
TIL 🤔 Which makes sense, so if anything I just have Chuck Lorre to blame for killing the modern laugh track in grisly fashion

Actually yes, love me some Derry Girls and I've been patiently waiting for the next season sometime this year. I'm still upset it's the final season, but at least it's a show that knew it had an ending coming and it doesn't drag on well beyond its best before date.

(Although it's been well over a year, maybe I should just rewatch the show to catch up just incase it gets a shadow drop lol)

It's true, though. Firehouse Subs is better than Subway.

Now I need to convince my partner that this event is worthy of celebration in the form of ordering Firehouse for dinner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom