• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST4 Jan. 2022| Resurrections

The next Switch model will be called...

• Nintendo Switch 2

Votes: 40 23.5%
  • Nintendo Switch Pro

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Nintendo Switch 4k

Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Nintendo Switch U

• Nintendo Switch +

Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Nintendo Switch Max

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • Nintendo Switch Up

• New Nintendo Switch

Votes: 5 2.9%
  • Nintendo Switch Advance

Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Super Nintendo Switch

Votes: 53 31.2%
  • Nintendo Switch Super

• Nintendo Switchxty Four

Votes: 4 2.4%
  • Nintendo Switchcube

• Nintendo Swiitch

• Nintendo Change

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nintendo Modify

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nintendo Adjust

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Nintendo Wii U 2

Votes: 6 3.5%
  • Other (Please specify)

Votes: 7 4.1%
  • Switch Plus

Votes: 5 2.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Every Firehouse Subs place around me has closed. I guess it just isn't popular by me.

I lost the only Penn Station about a year ago. That one broke my heart.

Well folks, it's about time I came clean.

I know around these parts, it's my "thing" to love Subway. And I do. And I forever will. However there's been a development to which I must comment. Firehouse Subs, at least my local location, has now allowed, through their menu on Skip The Dishes, customization of their sandwiches. Among their options are chopped pickles, black olives, and peppers of both the hot and banana variety.

This has changed everything.

Subway has always been my sandwich shop of choice because of the options. Firehouse has always been great but their insistence on ordering exactly what they deem to be the ideal sandwich has always rubbed me the wrong way. Their sandwiches were delicious, but their sandwiches were rigid. Now? The game has changed.

It is, with great consideration, my duty to announce the following:

Firehouse Subs is better than Subway.

I still love Subway. I forever will. Their sandwiches are still incredibly affordable, and they have locations just about everywhere. They have plenty of options, enough to please just about all but the pickiest of eaters.

But with the ability for me to put pickles, chopped to increase their spread through the sandwich, delicious black olives and nice chunks of banana pepper onto my sandwich, I'm sorry: Firehouse has won my heart.

1:25 through 2:20 of the below song is what was playing in my head while reading this. Seriously.

British Raccoon breaks out. Splendid to see you, old chap.
aw fuck I've been reading about too many trains

not a lot of people know this but in addition to being a weaboo I'm also a teaboo

I know half a dozen chief mechanical engineers from british railway companies and the steam classes they designed

aw fuck I've been reading about too many trains

not a lot of people know this but in addition to being a weaboo I'm also a teaboo

I know half a dozen chief mechanical engineers from british railway companies and the steam classes they designed
I make jokes about British people but I've had relationships with several British people so perhaps it is me who is boo boo the fool

Mario musou rumour is interesting, though I only believe at 100% in Emily’s word and 85% on NateDrake ones, so I take this one with extreme grain of salt. I imagine taking an approach similar to the first Zelda Musou and including variety of mario worlds/characters to play with platforming section. Musou games with the correct creative direction can be good (see Persona 5 Strikers or Zelda AoC), so I have faith that mario team will guide them correctly.

I kinda wish Phil would just come out and say that Call of Duty will never be on Playstation ever again. Not because I think it's good that Playstation fans lose access to a major franchise but because until it's definitive, the discourse about whether COD is exclusive or not will continue on forever.

Teaboo, oh wow! :D

In an old job I had I used to have an English co-worker and once he made me English tea with loads of milk, that's crazy to me.

Very well aware of it.. 🤧 Just the more reason to revisit the idea now their catalogue of colorful characters is so much bigger!

They won't even attempt to do such thing..

I do love the new ‘Rare Racers’ line of pins that Fan Gamer has (currently consists of Banjo and Timber). Certainly had me thinking of a new DKR style game from Rare. And yeah, with all of the new franchises in play, Crash, Spyro, and others would be great for it too.

It's a good thing Banjo Kazooie is arriving today. I have to go to my parents this weekend. I'm bringing my Switch and I might have had to play newer games I haven't beaten like Bowser's Fury and SMT V. But now I have an excuse to not do that.

SNK vs Nintendo, when?

I may suck at fighting games, but I still enjoy them.
Wouldn't be fair, SNK has too many human characters. In fact, humans are all they have.

Nintendo is a mixture of realistic humans, cute humans, anthropomorphic animals, weird & simple creatures who are most likely aliens, fantasy races and robots. Closest thing to counter Nintendo is... Pixar.

I have tried so hard to make it work, but I have come to the conclusion that Team January and Team February simply cannot coexist. Team January is smart, funny, and has good tastes in video games. Meanwhile, Team February is not smart, not funny, and has a 100% completed save file of Hey! Pikmin for the Nintendo 3DS family of systems. I propose that we quarantine Team February in a newly created section of the forums. For forum names we'll have Treehouse, The Roost, R&D, and People That Unironically Believe Hey! Pikmin was Pikmin 4. That last one will house Team February and must be avoided by all people with good tastes.

Also, bring back the snow. That was fun.

Edit: I have never played Hey! Pikmin and my opinion on it should not be respected by any of you.

Wouldn't be fair, SNK has too many human characters. In fact, humans are all they have.

Nintendo is a mixture of realistic humans, cute humans, anthropomorphic animals, weird & simple creatures who are most likely aliens, fantasy races and robots. Closest thing to counter Nintendo is... Pixar.
I am grasping at straws here. What I really want is Capcom vs SNK or Street Fighter X Tekken, but those are just as unlikely (and even if they happened they would likely skip Switch, so eh).

If Harada got the stick out of his bum and brought Tekken to Switch, or Capcom made the next SF cross-platform, including Switch, that would also be acceptable. Until then, all I can hope for is Pokkén 2, since KoF XV is a no-show as well.

What about Mars People from Metal Slug?! It's a good balance!
maxresdefault.jpg

Americans after 5 minutes of not starting fights over fast food joints with names like Fartin' Bobs and Cock Barn:

j8y0npqzufq21.jpg

I am American and I have no clue what this is referring to.

But regardless, is fighting over fast food joints any worst than fighting over videogames?

I have tried so hard to make it work, but I have come to the conclusion that Team January and Team February simply cannot coexist. Team January is smart, funny, and has good tastes in video games. Meanwhile, Team February is not smart, not funny, and has a 100% completed save file of Hey! Pikmin for the Nintendo 3DS family of systems. I propose that we quarantine Team February in a newly created section of the forums. For forum names we'll have Treehouse, The Roost, R&D, and People That Unironically Believe Hey! Pikmin was Pikmin 4. That last one will house Team February and must be avoided by all people with good tastes.

Also, bring back the snow. That was fun.

Edit: I have never played Hey! Pikmin and my opinion on it should not be respected by any of you.

sir this is a firehouse subs

What about Mars People from Metal Slug?! It's a good balance!
maxresdefault.jpg
It clearly says "people" there so I'm gonna count them as humans, lol (they're hopefully playable in Metal Slug Tactics)
I am grasping at straws here. What I really want is Capcom vs SNK or Street Fighter X Tekken, but those are just as unlikely (and even if they happened they would likely skip Switch, so eh).

If Harada got the stick out of his bum and brought Tekken to Switch, or Capcom made the next SF cross-platform, including Switch, that would also be acceptable. Until then, all I can hope for is Pokkén 2, since KoF XV is a no-show as well.
It might not be impossible as it seems. Capcom has been ok with NEOGEO Poecket Capcom vs SNK re-releases, I suspect a re-release of any actual Capcom vs SNK re-release is imminent. A new game? Not anytime soon as KoF15 release is so close.

As for Tekken on Switch. Maybe not the recent Tekken 7, but I can see some of the past games joining the "Encore" line. I nominate Tekken Tag Tournament 2 with all the Nintendo costumes.

Well folks, it's about time I came clean.

I know around these parts, it's my "thing" to love Subway. And I do. And I forever will. However there's been a development to which I must comment. Firehouse Subs, at least my local location, has now allowed, through their menu on Skip The Dishes, customization of their sandwiches. Among their options are chopped pickles, black olives, and peppers of both the hot and banana variety.

This has changed everything.

Subway has always been my sandwich shop of choice because of the options. Firehouse has always been great but their insistence on ordering exactly what they deem to be the ideal sandwich has always rubbed me the wrong way. Their sandwiches were delicious, but their sandwiches were rigid. Now? The game has changed.

It is, with great consideration, my duty to announce the following:

Firehouse Subs is better than Subway.

I still love Subway. I forever will. Their sandwiches are still incredibly affordable, and they have locations just about everywhere. They have plenty of options, enough to please just about all but the pickiest of eaters.

But with the ability for me to put pickles, chopped to increase their spread through the sandwich, delicious black olives and nice chunks of banana pepper onto my sandwich, I'm sorry: Firehouse has won my heart.
damn dropping bombs on this random Thursday

also me & my partner’s anniversary!

I am American and I have no clue what this is referring to.

But regardless, is fighting over fast food joints any worst than fighting over videogames?
The joke is referring to how often I see Americans fighting or having 'heated debates' over which of their bajillion fast food chains are best. As a Brit, where there are few fast food chains with little overlap between them, this is amusing to me as it's a cultural difference between our two nations, and is a harmless, if prescient, example of the Americentrism that envelopes much of the modern internet.

I was also making fun of the names that American food places sometimes have - for instance "Cheesecake Factory," "Olive Garden," and "Trader Joe's," whilst we have "Nando's," "Gregg's," and "Wagamamas." These names sound weird to me, akin to my intentionally-ridiculous names I made up just then.

As for which is worse, at least I can participate with videogames lol

Hot take: If a sitcom needs a laugh track, it's probably not that funny to begin with

to cover my ass, Fresh Prince of Bel-Air is an exception. Jury is reserved for the reboot until release but it's absolutely what happens when those YouTubers who made GRITTY REBOOT TRAILERS OF [beloved franchise] in the late 2000s/early 2010s get a Hollywood budget
Disproven by Seinfeld.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom