• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST4 Jan. 2022| Resurrections

The next Switch model will be called...

• Nintendo Switch 2

Votes: 40 23.5%
  • Nintendo Switch Pro

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Nintendo Switch 4k

Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Nintendo Switch U

• Nintendo Switch +

Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Nintendo Switch Max

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • Nintendo Switch Up

• New Nintendo Switch

Votes: 5 2.9%
  • Nintendo Switch Advance

Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Super Nintendo Switch

Votes: 53 31.2%
  • Nintendo Switch Super

• Nintendo Switchxty Four

Votes: 4 2.4%
  • Nintendo Switchcube

• Nintendo Swiitch

• Nintendo Change

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nintendo Modify

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nintendo Adjust

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Nintendo Wii U 2

Votes: 6 3.5%
  • Other (Please specify)

Votes: 7 4.1%
  • Switch Plus

Votes: 5 2.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I cracked the whole thing open by never playing Angry Birds at all and now it’s a game that is simultaneously “newfangled” and “so ancient they should just let it die”

if your sense of time is in perpetual chaos, you can be relentlessly outdated and chronically unfamiliar all at once!

it’s a horrifying way to live!™

Outback Steakhouse: it’s a horrifying way to live!™

Mattress Firm: it’s a horrifying way to live!™

Denny's: it’s a horrifying way to live!™

Let me get this straight, the main character in AI: Somnium Files has an AI as a prosthetic eye, and it’s named… AI-Ball

27145.png

Crazy to think that the launch of the Wii now happened longer ago than the fall of the Berlin wall. Time sure is weird.

Damn started replaying Steamworld Dig 2 today for literally NO reason and y’all: that is a good ass game.

Crazy to think that the launch of the Wii now happened longer ago than the fall of the Berlin wall. Time sure is weird.
I don't follow

if you meant the gap between the fall of the Berlin Wall and the launch of the Wii is larger than the gap between the launch of the Wii and now, that is also incorrect.

The DS is older now than the fall of the Berlin was at its launch though.

When do you all think we’ll see the next big IP from Nintendo? Who will be behind it? What kind of game could it be? When do you think it would be announced and released?

I feel like at this point, we’ve seen most of not all of Nintendo’s traditionally successful franchises. Do you think they might bring back and old IP in a new style, like Kid Icarus: Uprising?

Splatoon appeared three years into the Wii U’s lifespan and ARMS was the last and closest attempt at that (outside of Ring Fit). What’s next for Nintendo?

I don't follow

if you meant the gap between the fall of the Berlin Wall and the launch of the Wii is larger than the gap between the launch of the Wii and now, that is also incorrect.

The DS is older now than the fall of the Berlin was at its launch though.
I thought that the implication that the Berlin Wall fell after the Wii made it clear that the post was a joke but I'm not him so idk

edit: yep my joke radar still works lmfao

1889 may be one of the coolest years in history, just in terms of trivia

Nintendo and The New York Times were founded, the Eiffel Tower erected, Hitler was born, William Stroudley died, and I swear at least one other cool thing I'm forgetting

"You know what, I kinda want to mess around with Valheim a little bit, it's only 11PM, I got time- How the everliving FUCK is it 2AM?"

I've been keeping myself busy with writing, but I've been also experimenting with ideas for potential videos or podcasts.

I might as well ask: What are the best Nintendo-related podcasts to listen to? Any good recommendations/suggestions?

I've been keeping myself busy with writing, but I've been also experimenting with ideas for potential videos or podcasts.

I might as well ask: What are the best Nintendo-related podcasts to listen to? Do you have any good recommendations/suggestions?

I'm pretty partial to:
  • Last of the Nintendogs - Jeff Grubb + Mike Minotti
  • IGN's NVC - Seth Macy, Peer Schneider, Kat Bailey are regulars these days

I might as well ask: What are the best Nintendo-related podcasts to listen to? Any good recommendations/suggestions?
Nate the Hate and NVC from IGN

I notice Nate's most popular videos on YouTube are usually Nintendo related, correct me if I'm wrong. So the majority of his content is Nintendo related.

This Nintendo Life is one of my favourite video game pods, let alone Nintendo, and they seem to go really unappreciated. Definitely worth checking out, the two hosts have been friends since school, so they have a really good dynamic that comes really easily, and a great knowledge of not only Nintendo, but the industry as a whole, which I think a lot of Nintendo podcasts miss out on.

https://twitter.com/tnlpodcast

I actually prefer GameScoop touching upon Nintendo topics than I do NVC, but Kat is awesome and I will always put that one on for her alone. The new host is very good and the best since Jose (who remains a tough act to follow).

I always wonder what happened to the Nintendo Force "NF Show" podcast guys - Noah and Evan - as they were quietly very good at it and did it without the fanfare and just as fans. they stopped right before Switch hit, so it's quite a shame not to have continued following them after the speed bump of the Wii U.

Regarding the poll, most of my gaming is "solo", but I do play some things with my gf like Animal Crossing, Mario Kart and Mario Party. There's also been very few games that my gf has enjoyed watching me play which has been fun.

Good news: Metroid Dread has reached the 100,000 copies sold milestone in Germany!

Mario 3D World + Bowser‘s Fury is now at more than 500,000 copies sold. Pokémon Shining Pearl managed to reach 200,000 copies sold, shortly after Pokémon Brilliant Diamond.

(And Farming Simulator 22 has crossed the mighty 500,000 as well … 😄)

When do you all think we’ll see the next big IP from Nintendo? Who will be behind it? What kind of game could it be? When do you think it would be announced and released?

I feel like at this point, we’ve seen most of not all of Nintendo’s traditionally successful franchises. Do you think they might bring back and old IP in a new style, like Kid Icarus: Uprising?

Splatoon appeared three years into the Wii U’s lifespan and ARMS was the last and closest attempt at that (outside of Ring Fit). What’s next for Nintendo?

I suspect a lot of energy is going towards the next iterations of their big franchises (Zelda, Mario, Mario Kart, Splatoon etc.) and bringing back series like Donkey Kong. Which is why I personally don't expect another Splatoon-like IP from their internal studios for a few years.

No Nintendo podcast I've listened to can stand up to Radio Free Nintendo in knowledge or entertainment nevermind the combination of both.

An unbeatable package of competency and degeneracy.

Regarding the poll, I definitely hide gaming purchases from my non-gamer SO. It’s just easier that way.

My favorite Nintendo podcast is the sound of my toilet flushing. Nothing else really captures the Nintendo fan experience and gamer discourse like that podcast. I listen to it often, sometimes multiple times a day.

Guys my SWOLED arrived and its rad. Going-in on Vivid. Glad I made the purchase.
When it was revealed I was completely bummed out because it wasn't the Revisionator. Bought it because it fixed the original's Prototype-ness. Love it to pieces. The screen is finally the size it should always have been, and by Jove games look so much better.

Now I've got to buy an OLED monitor 😅

Here's my most interesting game related merch:

FJT90fzWYAsfIty

It's interesting because the game is nothing like Life, it's basically just Mario Party where you need to collect coins to buy stars then challenge Bowser. You can also get items, events and occasionally minigames which usually just consist of spinning high/low or thumb wrestling.

Basically, it's Mario Party minus the actual fun.

This snowstorm in Ohio is bullshit

I spent two hours shoveling the driveway this morning and then barely made it in to work.
This reminds me that “seeing/playing in the snow” used to be #1 on my list of “things to do before I die” (yeah my list is fairly unambitious).

I eventually crossed that one off the list and came to the conclusion I don’t want to see snow ever again after spending a whole day in it.

Here's my most interesting game related merch:

FJT90fzWYAsfIty

It's interesting because the game is nothing like Life, it's basically just Mario Party where you need to collect coins to buy stars then challenge Bowser. You can also get items, events and occasionally minigames which usually just consist of spinning high/low or thumb wrestling.

Basically, it's Mario Party minus the actual fun.

For a split second, I thought it was a super-size N64 box with the red border on the right side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom