• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST4 Jan. 2022| Resurrections

The next Switch model will be called...

• Nintendo Switch 2

Votes: 40 23.5%
  • Nintendo Switch Pro

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Nintendo Switch 4k

Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Nintendo Switch U

• Nintendo Switch +

Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Nintendo Switch Max

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • Nintendo Switch Up

• New Nintendo Switch

Votes: 5 2.9%
  • Nintendo Switch Advance

Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Super Nintendo Switch

Votes: 53 31.2%
  • Nintendo Switch Super

• Nintendo Switchxty Four

Votes: 4 2.4%
  • Nintendo Switchcube

• Nintendo Swiitch

• Nintendo Change

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nintendo Modify

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nintendo Adjust

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Nintendo Wii U 2

Votes: 6 3.5%
  • Other (Please specify)

Votes: 7 4.1%
  • Switch Plus

Votes: 5 2.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope it's okay to ask this here..
Does anyone know if Cogen: Sword of rewind will be getting an Asian English release? I know there will be English on the japanese cart.
I'm asking for Asian English since they almost always have an English cover.

What are some of the games you're most proud of beating since 2019?

Off the top of my head...

Ocarina of Time
Majora's Mask
Final Fantasy III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, XII
Super Metroid
A Link to the Past
Donkey Kong 64
Super Mario Sunshine
Paper Mario TTYD

I hope it's okay to ask this here..
Does anyone know if Cogen: Sword of rewind will be getting an Asian English release? I know there will be English on the japanese cart.
I'm asking for Asian English since they almost always have an English cover.

Doesn't look like it. I feel like it would be available on PlayAsia if it were. And it is totally okay to ask stuff like that here.

Btw, you'll probably get better answers for stuff like this on /r/NSCollectors and their Discord.

Doesn't look like it. I feel like it would be available on PlayAsia if it were. And it is totally okay to ask stuff like that here.

Btw, you'll probably get better answers for stuff like this on /r/NSCollectors and their Discord.
Thank you. I'll check there too. :)

My Indie backlog continues to shrink, that’s The Forgotten City down! Good game with some good ideas, brought down a little by some very mediocre combat and a few other minor things. Still amazing it used to be a Skyrim mod.

Hi! I’m new in this site and I wanted to join the community
Idk if someone already know (and remember) me, I was also on Resetera and I’m happy to see that the community isn’t lost T^T

Nice to me-heet you, ho!

Welcome, glad to see you here!

I’m glad the entire community is rallying against NFTs. Now, if only we could do the same with loot boxes, battle passes, and other predatory practices in gaming.

As a 1989 kid who grew up with the SNES and N64, I honestly still feel young rather than old as a gamer because there's whole generations I wasn't even around to take part in; the age of Pong and its derivatives, or the Atari 2600 and its competitors.

And in the grand scheme of things, with people living longer than ever, I doubt there are many on this forum who are truly old, and if there are, big respect to you, it must have been fascinating seeing how much the world has changed in your time. It frankly amazes me even in my early 30s the progress that technology and society have made just since I can remember.

On the flipside, those who are growing up now are doing so amidst a gaming landscape that I could only dream of at your age, and you have access to decades of rich history as well, so your experience is equally valid and awesome.

Basically, whatever your age, treasure the unique perspective you have been given by the time you were born into; there is no one golden age of gaming, we each live our own. :)

Random reminder that the New Years eshop sale is over in EIGHT HOURS.

I just picked up AI: Somnium Files for 60% off, been meaning to for a while anyway and that’s a great price

since we’re lightly mentioning the Prime trilogy, I just beat Quadraxis in Prime 2 (@BozPaggs!) and had a blast. Somehow both less of a puzzle boss than I remember and even more fun than I remember?? (I loved it at the time but it’s better than how I remembered it!)

as I crawl towards the end, my take on Prime 2 is that it’s really good. The only place it feels like it needed more oomph was different and varied biomes, but it makes sense given the plot / setting. Each area feels longer than Prime due to the split, but if you just go along for the ride, you’ll have a good time.

also anyone who hates it because some of the air hurts you is wrong, it is manageable and also ceases to be an issue, it just makes you strategize and navigate

that’s my spicy opiníoni
Sus you know you can take a break from making yourself my favourite poster js...
for real though this whole post gives me the warm heart feels
I tried to play True Pacifist on my first playthrough not realizing it was impossible and got a rude shock when I got to the final boss lol

I uh never ended up finishing
Get back to it friendo
But that involves first beating the final boss, which I am completely unable to do lol
I say this with love... if my partner can beat that floral monstrosity then you definitely can

Kids who played Angry Birds back in 2009 at age 9 are 20 years old now, and definitely posting on this site about how much they miss the Wii. This is one of their "oldschool gaming" memories.

Sorry fellow olds, but Angry Birds is a retro classic now.
Oh, god. That’s me. I am old. Fuck.

I’m glad the entire community is rallying against NFTs. Now, if only we could do the same with loot boxes, battle passes, and other predatory practices in gaming.

I think part of the reason that the gaming community is against NFTs is because of everything else that you mentioned above. Most people have been fed up with 10+ years with gaming companies nickel and diming us. The problem is that everything else has become standard at this point. The only thing that really disappeared was online passes back in the PS360 gen.

Fruit Ninja is a classic retro game of my childhood
Okay, that's it! You are no longer an honorary member of Team January! I'll have to ask you to undergo hypnosis to wipe out all memory of the exclusive Team January Breath of the Wild 2 secrets that I allowed you to view.

I feel sorry for you young people. While you were trash like Fruit Ninja as a kid, my generation was playing classics like this as children

Folks I believe raccoon is trying to trigger us

and he’s succeeding
he-cant-keep-getting-away-with-it.gif

I feel somewhat privileged in a twisted way, since I was born in 93, but my first console was a SEGA Master System when I was 5.. so I was always a gen behind everyone else (until I got a Wii midway its lifecycle)

Sometimes I can't exactly remember what my first game (or game memory) was. It's highly likely to be one of:

• Zelda 1
  • Battletoads
  • Jill of the Jungle
  • Duck Hunt
  • King's Quest 5

My very first game memory ever was Mega Bomber Man for the Sega Genesis

Sometimes I can't exactly remember what my first game (or game memory) was. It's highly likely to be one of:

• Zelda 1
  • Battletoads
  • Jill of the Jungle
  • Duck Hunt
  • King's Quest 5
My first gaming memory is either Mario 1, or sitting in my dad’s lap while he and my sister played King’s Quest 4. King’s Quest was a huge part of my childhood, even if they were pretty bullshit looking back at it. I still love KQ6 to death.

I feel sorry for you young people. While you were trash like Fruit Ninja as a kid, my generation was playing classics like this as children

This is one of those games I remember reading about in Nintendo Power for years and years despite never playing it

I'm from 1992 and my first gaming memory is Super Mario World at my cousins'. My own first console was an N64, however, with a Donald Duck game that i probably finished like a hundred times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom