• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST4 Jan. 2022| Resurrections

The next Switch model will be called...

• Nintendo Switch 2

Votes: 40 23.5%
  • Nintendo Switch Pro

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Nintendo Switch 4k

Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Nintendo Switch U

• Nintendo Switch +

Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Nintendo Switch Max

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • Nintendo Switch Up

• New Nintendo Switch

Votes: 5 2.9%
  • Nintendo Switch Advance

Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Super Nintendo Switch

Votes: 53 31.2%
  • Nintendo Switch Super

• Nintendo Switchxty Four

Votes: 4 2.4%
  • Nintendo Switchcube

• Nintendo Swiitch

• Nintendo Change

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nintendo Modify

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nintendo Adjust

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Nintendo Wii U 2

Votes: 6 3.5%
  • Other (Please specify)

Votes: 7 4.1%
  • Switch Plus

Votes: 5 2.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I, a proud and stunningly handsome member of Team January, come to you all with another flawlessly brilliant idea that Team February never could have come up with. Nuke the ongoing Famiboards GotY thread!!! 💣💥🤯 Famiboards was created so we could be free from the restrictions of the past. Learn from what our ancestors did wrong and create a better world. Go our own way into the uncertain future.

So what better way to capture our forward-thinking mentality than by awarding the very first 2022 Game of the Year Award!?!?!?!? Get rid of the current thread and replace it with Famiboard's Game of the Year 2022 Nominations! Any game with a decent chance of coming out this year can be nominated, we'll all have a friendly debate, and once the winner is decided we'll pool some money together to send the winner a trophy. They can print the boxart with a "Game of the Year 2022" logo on it. 😎 Bonus points if the game gets delayed to 2023 and they still advertise it as the 2022 game of the year.

It's perfect for us. The seed that eventually became Famiboards was planted by a bunch of people going crazy over any eventual Nintendo Direct. It wasn't about what we had, it was always about what came next. And what's the first thing we all think when a Direct is over? "When's the next one?" When you look at it through that lens, it would be wrong of us not to pick our 2022 game of the year winner within the first month of 2022.

So do the right thing and agree with literally everything I just said. #TeamJanuary

There’s a new trailer for Momodora 5 Moonlit Farewell!

I really liked Momodora 4 Reverie Under The Moonlight and Minoria so I’m looking forward to this!

It’s an indie metroidvania series if you are not familiar. Momodora 4 and Minoria are both on Switch and other platforms.

Started and finished the first trial of TGAA1 yesterday. I adored the music and characters, MAN the music. I love how this game seems to take itself way more seriously in its theme since the first trial already oozed of political commentary, something I didn‘t expect out of Ace Attorney at all.
The overall case was a little too long though, jumped on the second as well and the investigation has been a blast so far.

The game being 30fps is much weirder than you‘d expect from a visual novel though, the menus feel incredibly unresponsive.

Mind if I ask what made you dislike the first one? As others mentioned, 2 is structurally closer to 1, but differs pretty heavily in terms of mechanics (combat in 1 is much closer to X than 2), and story tone. It's also in general a more character focused game as opposed to overarching narrative like the first. Personally I ended up preferring 2 to 1 and it's one of my favorite games of all time now.

Thanks for answering, and thanks everyone else for answering! I figured 2 would be closer to 1, since X is much lighter on narrative, but I was still wondering if it perhaps took some cues from X as well.

I didn't click much with 1. I can respect its ambitions, but I found the pacing to be a bit grating, and none of the characters did much for me.

It makes me irrationally happy that my two favorite 3D platformers are on Switch now, I gotta say

Started and finished the first trial of TGAA1 yesterday. I adored the music and characters, MAN the music. I love how this game seems to take itself way more seriously in its theme since the first trial already oozed of political commentary, something I didn‘t expect out of Ace Attorney at all.
The overall case was a little too long though, jumped on the second as well and the investigation has been a blast so far.

The game being 30fps is much weirder than you‘d expect from a visual novel though, the menus feel incredibly unresponsive.

Yeah, i agree that, for a tutorial, the first case is a bit too long. The rest of the game is just amazing. Wait until you get to the second game, it gets even better. The soundtrack is a masterpiece, i believe everyone will agree.

@Skittzo If it's not too late to enter I'd like to post my little Lego Mario display :D

IMG-3336-Copy.jpg

This set is honestly one of the best sets I've ever built, and the Lego Mario stuff on top was a fun... albeit expensive evening.

Though come to think of it I don't have much gaming merch. Maybe I just don't have enough space or something, but this is literally the only piece of it I have in my room atm. I am getting the Sonic Lego set soon, though.

So I'm selling my OG Day One Switch today. I'll miss it and its massive bezels and grey-ish blacks. Maybe I could have kept it to hack it or something one day but, sometimes, it becomes time to move on.

cry-sad.gif

Got the release day of PLA booked off work, ready to enjoy that long weekend. Also got Monday 31st booked off to extend it even further and also to allow me to digest and discuss the game's debut in the U.K. at the very least lol.

Also completely and totally unrelated but I'm glad to see the admins on Era have started to deploy a lighter touch when people have been at each other's throats since the news last week instead of just issuing blanket week long bans straight away. But I am not at all surprised to see it deployed primarily in the PS OT just over half an hour ago as an example 🙄

So I'm selling my OG Day One Switch today. I'll miss it and its massive bezels and grey-ish blacks. Maybe I could have kept it to hack it or something one day but, sometimes, it becomes time to move on.

cry-sad.gif
I know that feel. When we get the final switch revision/compatible successor I’ll be upgrading and depending on budget I’ll part with the original. Cept I hate dealing with online marketplaces so no clue how I’ll sell it or if I’ll pass it on

looks around

so I can blame Mother fans for the pandemic?
The pandemic was likely caused by an alien fetus, but has only gotten this bad because of people who aren't Mother fans refusing to come together and defeat it with the power of friendship.

Huh. Is it seriously the case that a major Nintendo release doesn't have any review copies out right now? I didn't think that was confirmed.

I know Japanese press have had hands on, but is it really the case that no international sites have review copies for Legends?

Huh. Is it seriously the case that a major Nintendo release doesn't have any review copies out right now? I didn't think that was confirmed.

I know Japanese press have had hands on, but is it really the case that no international sites have review copies for Legends?
What makes you say that? I thought we already know of the review embargo date (Thursday the 27th).

Double checking, I misread Laura Kate Dale's tweet - I thought it said no review or preview code out, not 'no review or preview articles'. The latter obviously makes sense.
Since we already had two 40-hours impressions, fair to say that they gave the codes with enough lead time.

It’s an indie metroidvania series if you are not familiar. Momodora 4 and Minoria are both on Switch and other platforms.
I was scanning through the news articles about all the stuff Playism announced, there's some good variety in their upcoming slate!

Also, the La-Mulana 2 DLC is out and seems aimed at masochists, and that team is making a new game too. So that's pretty cool to see given the doujinshou roots of the series.

looks around

so I can blame Mother fans for the pandemic?
Hey now, let's not get crazy here alright?

Mother 4: It was the merch all along

So I saw NoE tweeting this:

Is this game fixed already or isn't it worth it to pick this up? There is SO MUCH info on these remasters I don't even know where to start. Some say it's fine, others say it's unplayable. What's the actual status of htese games?

Lmao get fucked Packers
my initial reaction to this was “wait people can afford to pay people to pack up and move their shit for them when they move to new places? bougie, damn. wait also wtf did they do to make you so mad?”

and then I recalled sports

“recalled sports” might as well be shorthand for midwest emo flashbacks

Just tried the COGEN demo since it’s doing some sort of crossover DLC with the Gunvolt game coming out next week (I guess because they’re launching at the same time and are similarly styled) and I was curious if it was worth paying attention to. It’s not not a bad first effort for this team but it’s still pretty rough.

The Braid + Mega Man Zero pitch is interesting but it’s incredibly punishing with a lot of “gotcha” enemy placements in conjunction with platforming segments that require incredibly tight precision / reflexes while also depleting the rewind charge which opens you up to one-hit kills.

It could also be my joy cons but the game had a bit of a floaty feel to the jumping and maybe a slight input delay that made everything feel just a little bit off and less responsive than I like in a 2D action game.

So props to the team for being ambitious and trying a neat idea, but I think I’m going to wait for reviews to see if the final build is more polished and tuned better before picking it up.

So I saw NoE tweeting this:

Is this game fixed already or isn't it worth it to pick this up? There is SO MUCH info on these remasters I don't even know where to start. Some say it's fine, others say it's unplayable. What's the actual status of htese games?

Handheld is supposed to be okay, but docked sucks. The games are extremely buggy. We're missing a patch that Xbox/PS got over a month ago that fixed a lot of the issues.

I was naive to expect that the delay of physical GTA Trilogy would at very least mean all the games on the cartridge

What are the chances that Phantom Hourglass and/or Spirit Tracks get remastered and ported to Switch alongside Windwaker HD? It makes more sense than bundling Windwaker HD and Twilight Princess HD IMO.
Chances?
I want to say high, but that's not a given, really.

My thought for a while has been that they should remaster Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks and include them in a Wind Waker rerelease, both to bulk up the value because they're associated games and also because it seems like the most likely way those get a physical release.

I do, personally, find the idea more appealing than just a Wind Waker and Twilight Princess double pack or each of those releasing with nothing else.

The main thing I've thought of for Twilight Princess has been the inclusion of Link's Crossbow Training.

These thoughts were suggested here:
What's interesting is that there are other potential ways this could go as well. It seems generally expected that these will release, and that they will be separate, $60 each. That doesn't mean they couldn't put together packages that offer a bit more for the price.

Twilight Princess, for instance, could include Link's Crossbow Training, which admittedly probably isn't enough to particularly register on most people's radar.

Wind Waker, however, would have an easier time with this by including the immediately Wind Waker-related game Phantom Hourglass and perhaps going further and including Spirit Tracks.
Perhaps it could even bring back the Tingle Tuner. I found the removal of the Tuner in Wind Waker HD, where the hardware was all included for the content to function without needing a separate console and cords, baffling.

Graphical touchups could be possible as well, though there's the question of how much time and budget would be put into that. I think a lot of people would appreciate a Twilight Princess where the stylization is tweaked, something more akin to the Wii U tech demo.
Wind Waker is a bit trickier here, considering it already received a moderately controversial graphical overhaul during its Wii U phase.

They certainly wouldn't have to just be straight ports.

Also, I assume Link can return to being left handed in these. That's also worth the price of admission.

The best part about having left over chicken and a giant carton of buttermilk….

Chicken and Waffles for breakfast (plus a latte).

5-F0-A89-DE-F28-C-440-E-9-DE6-B1-B27-D20-EA66.jpg

i swear to god derachi if I have to read about yakuza in a wii sports thread
To be honest,Wii Sports Resort and Animal Crossing are the two places Yakuza really makes sense.
Also maybe Paper Mario.

Is asking for a magical girl take on the Mario RPG weeb shit?

Yes... yes, it is
That's just the Rosalina RPG where she, Daisy, Peach, and Lady Bow go on a musical rainbow road trip.

I have a question for @Raccoon. If a Direct airs on March 1 in Japan, but due to timezone shenanigans it's airing in the west on January 59th, is that a win for Team January, a win for Team March, or a tie? Thanks fam. 🙂

I have a question for @Raccoon. If a Direct airs on March 1 in Japan, but due to timezone shenanigans it's airing in the west on January 59th, is that a win for Team January, a win for Team March, or a tie? Thanks fam. 🙂
serious answer to a silly question, time zones are very rarely a problem because Nintendo doesn't like to have events on the first or last day of the month in any territory

if it comes down to it I'll put it to a poll, but again I'm not worried about that scenario

edit: god why is this in the general thread ffs

can't even threadmark it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom