• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST4 Jan. 2022| Resurrections

The next Switch model will be called...

• Nintendo Switch 2

Votes: 40 23.5%
  • Nintendo Switch Pro

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Nintendo Switch 4k

Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Nintendo Switch U

• Nintendo Switch +

Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Nintendo Switch Max

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • Nintendo Switch Up

• New Nintendo Switch

Votes: 5 2.9%
  • Nintendo Switch Advance

Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Super Nintendo Switch

Votes: 53 31.2%
  • Nintendo Switch Super

• Nintendo Switchxty Four

Votes: 4 2.4%
  • Nintendo Switchcube

• Nintendo Swiitch

• Nintendo Change

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nintendo Modify

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nintendo Adjust

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Nintendo Wii U 2

Votes: 6 3.5%
  • Other (Please specify)

Votes: 7 4.1%
  • Switch Plus

Votes: 5 2.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm guessing they went along with Bamco's decision when they published it in the west. I think the plan for the port in general was Bamco's idea at the behest of Nintendo and then once Harada got his promotion any further collaboration like that ended.
Eh, I don't think that's what happened. As I said Miyazaki calls all the shots and Namco only is the western publisher, very unlikely someone like Harada is involved at all. Miyazaki is a very Pro-Playstation person, I feel lucky that we got DS1 on Switch at all.

Aren't we going a little too hard on Harada? "We'll only publish the first game in this series on Switch so let's continue our partnership with Elden Ring and let Switch owners suffer" is just crazy talk. If he refused publishing in west, which I doubt he had authority to do so, From would have gone with a different publisher, it's their IP.

Alright this is weird maybe but who wants to help me pick what to play next?
I marked a few off because they're either compilations or subscription apps.
0gpg1wX.png

Also owned but not pictured:
Indivisible
SuperEpic
Nier Automata
I’m also going to recommend CrossCode, it’s awesome!

1) were the graphics all they're meant to be, or have people been hyperbolic?

2) what's the frame rate like?
1. They were terrible. They're still using the fog effects from the PS1/N64 era. As soon as I put my mask on, an unexplained mist covered my glasses in order to hide all the loading that was happening around me. They also have motion blur and I couldn't figure out how to turn that off. 🤢🤮

2. I'm told that it was 35 degrees outside, which I assume is normie speak for frame rate. So pretty garbage, tbh.

that tracks with the time

also just my preference but I hate audio logs

I dunno why but ever since Bioshock I’ve enjoyed them - they just need to be used sparingly. For instance in Horizon Zero Dawn there were rooms with tons of audio logs and it really killed my momentum.

Eh, I don't think that's what happened. As I said Miyazaki calls all the shots and Namco only is the western publisher, very unlikely someone like Harada is involved at all. Miyazaki is a very Pro-Playstation person, I feel lucky that we got DS1 on Switch at all.

Aren't we going a little too hard on Harada? "We'll only publish the first game in this series on Switch so let's continue our partnership with Elden Ring and let Switch owners suffer" is just crazy talk. If he refused publishing in west, which I doubt he had authority to do so, From would have gone with a different publisher, it's their IP.
I thought it was settled that Bamco owned the IP, not From.

And DS1 was greenlit and launched well before Harada entered his current position in mid 2019.

Very nearly ready to finish Ocarina of Time, but before I can call it complete, I need to exercise a 24 year old demon and finally catch the Hylian Loach.

It’s ok to root for the Bengals. They have been irrelevant for so long in the AFC North. But no NFC west champion is what I care about most.
Yeah I wouldn't be too upset about the Bengals winning.

Their fans can be kinda insufferable though so I'd prefer to see the Bills.

Personally, I really loved Metroid Prime 3.

Yeah, the greater focus on voice acting and traditional cutscenes wasn't the best fit for the series, but it wasn't bad enough to spoil the experience for me, and these elements were outweighed by its incredible strengths, from its revelatory pixel perfect IR aiming that felt intuitive to the point of being almost dreamlike, to its rich atmosphere, to its great balance of exploration, action, and puzzles, to some of the most best visuals on Wii, to its smooth pacing, to some of the most wonderfully designed and realized locales of any game I've played such as Skytown and the Pirate Homeworld.

It's a different flavour to Prime 1 and 2, but Echoes was already a significant change from the first game, and I kinda like that each of the three has its own distinct identity, it makes the Prime subseries feel more varied and interesting and kept them feeling fresh across the span of three substantial entries.

Prime 3's not a perfect game, but for me it stills stands as one of the best games on Wii, one of the best of 2007, (which was an insanely strong year across the board) and a worthy conclusion to an amazing trilogy.

A new Fire Emblem fills my heart with joy
Same! Now my biggest question is, will there still be some sort of “teaching” mechanic like in Three Houses to build your units? I really hope so, that was one of my favorite things about it

Ew, American sports.

Yeah, Fire Emblem is happening this year, but when will Intelligent Systems release the game people actually want: Battle Clash x Panel de Pon?

What’s the difference between an Intelligent Systems Fire Emblem and a Koei Tecmo one? I assumed IntSys was well involved in Three Houses, even if they weren’t doing most of the technical legwork.

Hmmm. Pokemon Stadium on NSO, or a new title?

As much as I think experiences like Pokémon Stadium are missing from the modern Pokemon lineup, I don't expect a new one to get made, especially with that name. It's been rumored that Stadium was tested with N64 NSO, and it makes perfect sense to make that available once Nintendo gets Game Boy and N64 emulated on the same platform.
VR isn't just about the Metaverse lol. The Metaverse wasn't even around until very recently. I really wish that the owners of Oculus didn't sell it to Facebook, because then some people wouldn't look at it the way they do.
"The Metaverse" isn't really new at all, just referring to it by that name. There's been various versions of it for basically as long as online gaming has been a thing. Things like Second Life, PlayStation Home, and VR Chat are all fundamentally metaverses. They are also all pretty niche things that the vast majority of people have never touched, and there's no real reason to think the Zuckerverse will be any different.

Is Banjo Kazooie good for a first time player in 2022, or is it more of a nostalgia thing? Also, how long is it?

Whatever happened to the Whatcha Playin This Weekend threads? I always enjoy seeing what everyone is playing.

although those threads are proof that you people actually play video games which is obviously illegal.

@Skittzo I wanted to share my favorite gaming merch item before the week ended. These two figures on the same stand are from my favorite dead mobile game Magia Record:

I have a small amount of figures (not counting all my amiibo), but these two are the only higher quality ones I have. Madoka Magica is my favorite anime of all time and after the first movie came out, I didn’t think there’d be anything else for it. Years later, the Magia Record game came along and gave me a whole new universe to love and helped me reconnect with it. I got these two figures as it built up to the Arc one finale (which was awesome!) and they grew in importance to me after the US version got canceled after a year and a half of service (the Japanese version is still ongoing but I don’t know enough Japanese to enjoy it). It’s a super weird and sad feeling when one of your favorite games of all time becomes completely unplayable lol. Anyway, the figures are based on the key art for the game and is of my two favorite characters: the protagonist, Iroha Tamaki, and the protagonist of the anime, Madoka Kaname.

Whatever happened to the Whatcha Playin This Weekend threads? I always enjoy seeing what everyone is playing.

although those threads are proof that you people actually play video games which is obviously illegal.
Well, it started with Ash. But it happened to the rest of us, too. First, people are just asking what you're planning. But then you're a voice actor in some of the biggest triple A video games around, and you've also a got live action role in a streaming series about video game creation. You know how it goes

@Skittzo I wanted to share my favorite gaming merch item before the week ended. These two figures on the same stand are from my favorite dead mobile game Magia Record:

I have a small amount of figures (not counting all my amiibo), but these two are the only higher quality ones I have. Madoka Magica is my favorite anime of all time and after the first movie came out, I didn’t think there’d be anything else for it. Years later, the Magia Record game came along and gave me a whole new universe to love and helped me reconnect with it. I got these two figures as it built up to the Arc one finale (which was awesome!) and they grew in importance to me after the US version got canceled after a year and a half of service (the Japanese version is still ongoing but I don’t know enough Japanese to enjoy it). It’s a super weird and sad feeling when one of your favorite games of all time becomes completely unplayable lol. Anyway, the figures are based on the key art for the game and is of my two favorite characters: the protagonist, Iroha Tamaki, and the protagonist of the anime, Madoka Kaname.

Yesssss! Madoka is definitely in my top 3 anime. And it absolutely has my favorite single episode of… maybe any show period? I’d have to think about that, but it might be.

Weird question, but who's your favorite and least favorite Nintendo youtuber? (Whether you watch them or stopped)

Great: Austin John Plays. I am not a big Pokémon fan and skip a lot of games. I always play the first Pokémon game on a new hardware. But if i jump into one of the new games, he makes really good videos. I also licked his Animal Crossing stuff.

LowSpecGamer does now Nintendo hardware videos. I liked his pc stuff too.

Meh: Not one channel but what grinds my gears are Monster Hunter speed run videos. Most of the time they show their equipment for a fraction of a second. You killed the monster, please slow down just one second...

Man the feeling of getting the codes right such that it produces the number you want in a matter of milliseconds ... My thesis is saved!! Now I patiently wait for PLA ...

I've been playing Celeste lately. Those B-Side levels are brutal (in a good way), and that OST...

piano-piano-on-fire.gif

I've also started Ori and the Blind Forest. Beautiful game so far.

Well, we have the RPG thread, and RPGs are really all that you need. 😎 Inject the weeb shit directly into my veins. (And western stuff is cool too.)

Yep. I was a mess for a few days after completing XB2.

You haven't truly experienced hate for your country until you've tried being an American. I wish I were Canadian.
I can imagine.

Don't want to sound idiotically patriotic here, but I honestly do love Canada for numerous reasons, but I cannot, and will not, ignore jarring issues this country has. This being a prime example.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom