• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST4 Jan. 2022| Resurrections

The next Switch model will be called...

• Nintendo Switch 2

Votes: 40 23.5%
  • Nintendo Switch Pro

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Nintendo Switch 4k

Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Nintendo Switch U

• Nintendo Switch +

Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Nintendo Switch Max

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • Nintendo Switch Up

• New Nintendo Switch

Votes: 5 2.9%
  • Nintendo Switch Advance

Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Super Nintendo Switch

Votes: 53 31.2%
  • Nintendo Switch Super

• Nintendo Switchxty Four

Votes: 4 2.4%
  • Nintendo Switchcube

• Nintendo Swiitch

• Nintendo Change

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nintendo Modify

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nintendo Adjust

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Nintendo Wii U 2

Votes: 6 3.5%
  • Other (Please specify)

Votes: 7 4.1%
  • Switch Plus

Votes: 5 2.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
There’s a new trailer for Momodora 5 Moonlit Farewell!

I really liked Momodora 4 Reverie Under The Moonlight and Minoria so I’m looking forward to this!

It’s an indie metroidvania series if you are not familiar. Momodora 4 and Minoria are both on Switch and other platforms.

Ooh nice, the graphics in this look MUCH better than the last one! I really liked Reverie Under the Moonlight, Minoria not as much, so this is a really good sign IMO.

A Mario Musou could be pretty fun but a lot of it kinda depends on what Nintendo and the "Mario IP team" are and aren't willing to allow.

I'd imagine it would be like Mario + Rabbids mixed with the OG Hyrule Warriors. All the universes would come crashing down into a separate universe, so all weapons and items would be available (like FLUDD, the guns from Mario + Rabbids, the bee mushroom, the flight cap, etc).
I dare not hope for Zess T. or Gourmet Guy or Tubba Blubba or Peasley or Lady Bow or Fawful or Bobbery or Vivian.
... maybe there's some hope for Tatanga.
Or Wart. Crossovers are easy when it's all a dream.

this is a based opinion

personally the comedy factor will be enough for me to appreciate it, or at least enjoy the announcement
Let's be real, here, this game will be defined by whether it has humor that works. There's no way they don't have at least some cartoony slapstick, right?
There's a lot that could be used to give such a project it's own distinct identity.

I’d be cool with a Mario musou if it’s got a full DK squad and K Rool. And some variety

It is about time for a new Nintendo and KT game
That'll be its own separate sequel, going all out Kong.
There will be Kong.

It's crazy to think how sometime in the next few days, Mr. Manscaped himself, NateDrake, is going to come on this forum to tell us all that a Direct is coming this week. 😍

Did anybody here plsy RPG Golf already? Sounds it's my jam but not sure yet lol

credits on Eastward. Weird story but interesting story, beautiful game and pretty much 2D Zelda x Earthbound. I highly recommend. It's not more than 25 hours(play hours, probably about 30 with cutscenes and retries).

Alright this is weird maybe but who wants to help me pick what to play next?
I marked a few off because they're either compilations or subscription apps.
0gpg1wX.png

Also owned but not pictured:
Indivisible
SuperEpic
Nier Automata

0gpg1wX.png

Indivisible
SuperEpic
Nier Automata
CrossCode is phenomenal and one of my favorite games of the last few years, so I say definitely that! Nier Automata would be another great choice, though.

So do y'all think there would be any further QoL improvements in a hypothetical WW/TP release on Switch or would Ninty just go with what's already there for the Wii U versions?

0gpg1wX.png

Indivisible
SuperEpic
Nier Automata
Aggelos. It’s quick and is a good riff on the monster boy games.

So do y'all think there would be any further QoL improvements in a hypothetical WW/TP release on Switch or would Ninty just go with what's already there for the Wii U versions?
Other than framerate improvements (locked 30 with very little to no drops), probably not.

They'd absolutely need to change the UI at the very least.

I doubt they'd change much else.

I said goodbye to two Japanese games today.

After not touching it for several weeks, I finally deleted Dragalia Lost. Been playing it regularly since launch. It was fun while it lasted and I will always hope for a console game in the same setting but I grew bored of the mobile game.

The other one was Scarlet Nexus which I downloaded on Game Pass. Didn't enjoy the demo that much but thought I'd still give it a try. Looks clean af but couldn't get into the combat system so I gave up after a few hours.

Don't even know how to feel anymore. Do I even like Japanese games anymore? Or do I now have to play games exclusively starring characters that look like they could be drawn on Metal album covers?

0gpg1wX.png

Indivisible
SuperEpic
Nier Automata

Only one I have played is Nier Automata so that gets my pick.

0gpg1wX.png

Indivisible
SuperEpic
Nier Automata
I'll... third? CrossCode

Huh two CrossCode recs before I got here. I'm proud of y'all

Looks like Arceus was made by a second team within Game Freak. Don't look at the Reddit comments unless you want spoilers for Arceus.

As another part of my sick addiction to speculation, I'm parking Gen 9 in 2023 (which makes a lot of sense, really) along with Grezzo's new IP.

Didn't Nintendo Dream tease an announcement like this back in August of 2020 and it turned out to be 3D All Stars and Age of Calamity?

Looks like Arceus was made by a second team within Game Freak. Don't look at the Reddit comments unless you want spoilers for Arceus.

:unsure:

As for some of the notable absences: James Turner, Shigeki Morimoto, Maiko Fujiwara, Mana Ibe, Minako Adachi, Shigeru Ohmori (as director).

Well they added in Tani, at least.

it should be noted that most of those listed are usually in lead positions. It doesn’t necessarily mean that Gen 9 is ready for this year.

There’s a new trailer for Momodora 5 Moonlit Farewell!

I really liked Momodora 4 Reverie Under The Moonlight and Minoria so I’m looking forward to this!

It’s an indie metroidvania series if you are not familiar. Momodora 4 and Minoria are both on Switch and other platforms.

Oh that honestly looks great! I'm always down for a fun Metroidvania

I’d take them as they are tbh

Maybe a Miiverse bottle message replacement?

Or ditching it completely

Metroid Prime 3 is kinda bad so far

or at least tries really hard to do things that make it… not a better game than it’s predecessors

increased interactivity and more cutscenes really truly do not equal immersion

or at least tries really hard to do things that make it… not a better game than it’s predecessors

I like to think of Corruption as multiple great pockets wrapped up in a not so great cargo pant.

I like to think of Corruption as multiple great pockets wrapped up in a not so great cargo pant.
that sounds right

I’m only at the first real pocket, so that’s probably part of it. The first “boss fight” boss fight was fun and interesting, and like… I really ended up enjoying how the control scheme mapped back into 1 + 2.

but god do I hate dealing with other loosely humanoid characters who want to say a bunch of weird shit, let alone a fucking space military

y’all made it weird

but maybe now that I’m more in the thick of the game it’ll feel better

that sounds right

I’m only at the first real pocket, so that’s probably part of it. The first “boss fight” boss fight was fun and interesting, and like… I really ended up enjoying how the control scheme mapped back into 1 + 2.

but god do I hate dealing with other loosely humanoid characters who want to say a bunch of weird shit, let alone a fucking space military

y’all made it weird

Once you get to go to the various planets and it opens up a bit it’s actually pretty good. But it’s also easily the weakest of the trilogy due to its increased focus on story and action as well as the segmented world.

I sometimes feel like they tried to overcorrect from Echoes so if you vibe heavy with that game (which I personally do) it’s easy to be somewhat underwhelmed by Corruption.

It's really weird how on the one hand Cross Code keeps being recommended as a phenomenal game you should play and on the other hand I keep igonring it for whatever reason. Imma remedy this lol.

I'm still pissed that Dark Souls 2 never came to Switch.

Or 3.
I'd like to hear From's reasoning on this. What did they think, "We saw the success of DS1 on Switch but suddenly decided that we no longer like money" or something like that?

Ah who am I kidding. Miyazaki must have some one sided beef with Nintendo.

what they were doing with cutscenes was a poor fit for the franchise, but the execution being a bit shit didn't help.

I still think that having some voicing like audio logs or voiced video logs wouldn't be a bad thing for the next entry

Edit: I remember being pretty excited at the idea, so I get why they might have tried in the first place. at the time we were getting more and more popular western titles with plenty of story cutscenes and voicing like Mass Effect, Halo 3, to an extent Bioshock (lots of voicing, less cutscenes)

Last edited:
that sounds right

y’all made it weird

I tend to get pushback on this from Prime fans, but the most concise way I could think to describe it is that it felt to me like Bethesda made Prime 3.

I'd like to hear From's reasoning on this. What did they think, "We saw the success of DS1 on Switch but suddenly decided that we no longer like money" or something like that?

Ah who am I kidding. Miyazaki must have some one sided beef with Nintendo.
It was probably more Harada's decision. He doesn't think anything but kiddie games and Dragon Ball sell on Switch.

It was probably more Harada's decision. He doesn't think anything but kiddie games and Dragon Ball sell on Switch.
DS is self published in Japan (full From IP) and Miyazaki decides on everything. Miyazaki also was pretty critical of Wii U so no further support for Switch is not surprising. The real surprising thing is that he's willing to ignore the success of the first DS on Switch.

DS is self published in Japan (full From IP) and Miyazaki decides on everything. Miyazaki also was pretty critical of Wii U so no further support for Switch is not surprising. The real surprising thing is that he's willing to ignore the success of the first DS on Switch.
I'm guessing they went along with Bamco's decision when they published it in the west. I think the plan for the port in general was Bamco's idea at the behest of Nintendo and then once Harada got his promotion any further collaboration like that ended.

Legends is number 1 on a bunch of Amazon sites (Switch software) around the world and it went to number 1 on the eShop over the weekend. Gonna be a big one.

Once you get to go to the various planets and it opens up a bit it’s actually pretty good. But it’s also easily the weakest of the trilogy due to its increased focus on story and action as well as the segmented world.

I sometimes feel like they tried to overcorrect from Echoes so if you vibe heavy with that game (which I personally do) it’s easy to be somewhat underwhelmed by Corruption.
I loved Echoes as a kid and I love it now

I hope Prime 4 does a bit more 1 + 2 and a bit less 3

and I’m really looking forward to gyro aiming

what they were doing with cutscenes was a poor fit for the franchise, but the execution being a bit shit didn't help.

I still think that having some voicing like audio logs or voiced video logs wouldn't be a bad thing for the next entry

Edit: at the time I remember being pretty excited at the idea, so I get why they might have tried in the first place. at the time we were getting more and more popular western titles with plenty of story cutscenes and voicing like Mass Effect, Halo 3, to an extent Bioshock (lots of voicing, less cutscenes)
that tracks with the time

also just my preference but I hate audio logs

now I say all this but I really truly did love Portal 2

Yeah, I loved Prime 2. Felt a little more like Retro's own take on the series after the transition to 3D, even if it kept the familiar tropes, there was a nice twist to the usual elements.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom