• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST4 Jan. 2022| Resurrections

The next Switch model will be called...

• Nintendo Switch 2

Votes: 40 23.5%
  • Nintendo Switch Pro

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Nintendo Switch 4k

Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Nintendo Switch U

• Nintendo Switch +

Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Nintendo Switch Max

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • Nintendo Switch Up

• New Nintendo Switch

Votes: 5 2.9%
  • Nintendo Switch Advance

Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Super Nintendo Switch

Votes: 53 31.2%
  • Nintendo Switch Super

• Nintendo Switchxty Four

Votes: 4 2.4%
  • Nintendo Switchcube

• Nintendo Swiitch

• Nintendo Change

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nintendo Modify

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nintendo Adjust

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Nintendo Wii U 2

Votes: 6 3.5%
  • Other (Please specify)

Votes: 7 4.1%
  • Switch Plus

Votes: 5 2.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good grief. Here I was getting even more annoyed at some of the dumb things in AI:SF and thinking parts of the game were getting overly ridiculous and wasn’t sure where it was going… and then it just punched me right in the feels like three different ways in the last couple hours. I was not expecting that, although maybe I should have been given parts of previous games. Just… wow

Good grief. Here I was getting even more annoyed at some of the dumb things in AI:SF and thinking parts of the game were getting overly ridiculous and wasn’t sure where it was going… and then it just punched me right in the feels like three different ways in the last couple hours. I was not expecting that, although maybe I should have been given parts of previous games. Just… wow
This sounds like exactly how I felt playing this game. I know which path you're talking about haha.

Keep going, the 'proper' ending is so worth it.

😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢

I just completed yet another run of Darks Souls 1, 2, and 3, as well as Bloodborne and Demon's Souls, back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back without getting hit a single time. This always happens to me. I tried to make it more difficult for myself by doing it entirely blindfolded, having the game muted, and playing with my feet, but it still provided no challenge to me. No game does. Nothing in this world challenges me.

This is the curse of Team January. We always win!!!!!!!! 😎 Team January stays winning! Nothing can stop us! Undefeated since the dawn of time!

😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢

I just completed yet another run of Darks Souls 1, 2, and 3, as well as Bloodborne and Demon's Souls, back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back without getting hit a single time. This always happens to me. I tried to make it more difficult for myself by doing it entirely blindfolded, having the game muted, and playing with my feet, but it still provided no challenge to me. No game does. Nothing in this world challenges me.

This is the curse of Team January. We always win!!!!!!!! 😎 Team January stays winning! Nothing can stop us! Undefeated since the dawn of time!

Except for when the Direct comes in F*bruary

Seems like someone didn't get the news. Obama announced that he was Team January and then he canceled February. He turned it into 28 more days of January, because Team January never loses. Thanks Obama. 😎

Does Team February have Obama on their side? No. Undefeated!

His support of TeamJanuary is going to be full of empty promises like his presidency was.

I was getting out of bed because I'm hungry and wanted breakfast but the dog decided we needed to have a cuddle in bed and I guess I'm not eating or doing anything today.

Except for when the Direct comes in F*bruary
Too bad that it's #TeamMarch 's turn this year. I can't wait for the tears of #TeamFebruary on the 28th.

I actually would prefer a February direct, so we don't have to wait that long.

Last edited:
Bleh...

I feel like a little rag left on the floor. That booster shot can hit hard.

Guess I'm just gonna take the chance and play through Tales of Symphonia all day......as soon as I feel a little better.

I feel that. I haven't slept a full night for a few days now and it's really getting to me.

Please just sleep, child.
Yeah that tired feeling just slowly creeps up as the days go by.

So much so that turning your head is enough of a sudden movement to sorta shock you awake.

I need sleep. I bought new pillows last week and they are terrible. After a month of waking up with neck pain, I decided to try new pillows and they aren't helping. Too firm. Time to go back and get better ones I guess.

Winner of raffle #3 and start of raffle #4
Raffle #3 is over! This week's winner is @Suswave! Congratulations! I'll get in touch with you about getting your $5 in a bit.

Raffle #4 has now begun. As stated in the OP, this one is a free for all. Post any picture of any old thing and make sure to tag me so I don't miss it. Ideally it should be something interesting and/or not boring!

I'll update the poll in a bit too.

PLA getting a last minute pre-order boost because of good word of mouth is a psy op orchestrated to discredit all the youtubers predicting the death of Pokémon

The complexity of man: Makes series is dying videos for that cheap Youtube money but needs series to remain popular so people actually watch your series is dying videos.

The complexity of man: Makes series is dying videos for that cheap Youtube money but needs series to remain popular so people actually watch your series is dying videos.

It’s a delicate balance because any video could topple the empire.

Is Yakuza Like a Dragon a good starting point in the series ? Too bad I miss Yakuza 0 when it was still on Gamepass..
I wanna play judgment too but I've a feeling that it'll come to Gamepass this year.

Does Team February have Obama on their side? No. Undefeated!
Obama is definitely not on my side:
Gq86zgp.jpg

This is an actual screenshot of mine. I was splatted by Obama. 😩

my yakuza senses were tingling so now I'm here

I have a busy week this week so I won't be around much

but someone asked a yakuza question so here I am!

Is Yakuza Like a Dragon a good starting point in the series ? Too bad I miss Yakuza 0 when it was still on Gamepass..
I wanna play judgment too but I've a feeling that it'll come to Gamepass this year.

Short answer: Yes! LAD is a totally good jump-on point. Obviously you won't get everything out of it that someone who, let's say, is intimately familiar with the rest of the series, BUT what you won't get out of it is wholly fanservice stuff and I don't think you really need to care that much. It's good! I recommend it.

Bummer you missed Y0, though. Maybe it'll come to Switch at some point! Hopefully! I will never lose hope about this. I want to be able to buy Yakuza 0. Again. For the 5th time. I'm not kidding.

Judgment is gonna be weird!!! The talent agency who manages the main star is bonkers and I don't know if they'd ever allow the game to be on GP. It's a lot to go into but I'll just say: I wouldn't hold my breath.

I feel like this thread has been missing some good 4chan leaks.

It has been a very calm January on the Nintendo rumors front.

Honestly "Super Nintendo Switch" is the right answer

I think they'd want to put Nintendo very first so maybe it'd be "Nintendo Super Switch."

But "Super" is absolutely the correct answer

Went with other but don’t have any specific ideas. It’ll probably be Switch and another word to maintain continuity much like with GB, DS, and Wii lines. Especially if it still plays OG Switch games. But none of the other options really spoke to me.

Sorry for the boring poll, I couldn't think of anything else. I'm running on about 6 hours of sleep over the past 48 hours.
The poll gave me a chuckle and is therefore not boring because old people only chuckle at stuff that's hip af

Also Super Nintendo Switch ftw

weak marketing brain: "well, we want the next generation switch to stand on it's own so we will not use the word 'super' because that calls back to a previous generational shift from 30 years ago"

strong marketing brain: "people love snes, let's just do that again"

the problem with Super Nintendo Switch is how you would refer to it in shorthand

Super Switch sounds terrible

I voted for Switch 4K because it best fits my headcanon about the incoming hardware
I already call it "Super Switch" when talking to friends about it and can confirm it nicely rolls off the tongue and sounds rad as shit
* glides away on his neon skateboard while doing the hang-ten sign *

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom