• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST4 Jan. 2022| Resurrections

The next Switch model will be called...

• Nintendo Switch 2

Votes: 40 23.5%
  • Nintendo Switch Pro

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Nintendo Switch 4k

Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Nintendo Switch U

• Nintendo Switch +

Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Nintendo Switch Max

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • Nintendo Switch Up

• New Nintendo Switch

Votes: 5 2.9%
  • Nintendo Switch Advance

Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Super Nintendo Switch

Votes: 53 31.2%
  • Nintendo Switch Super

• Nintendo Switchxty Four

Votes: 4 2.4%
  • Nintendo Switchcube

• Nintendo Swiitch

• Nintendo Change

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nintendo Modify

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nintendo Adjust

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Nintendo Wii U 2

Votes: 6 3.5%
  • Other (Please specify)

Votes: 7 4.1%
  • Switch Plus

Votes: 5 2.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was looking into what Satoru Iwata thought about VR because I am incapable of carrying an independent opinion, and I instead found some excerpts about the Switch's development from Miyamoto

This quote is incredible

Nothing really in terms of 180 degrees, but myself, Mr. Takeda and Mr. Iwata were more providing feedback during development. So a lot of the younger staff would give us presentations, and we would give them feedback and make decisions if necessary. The feedback that we did provide I think was put to good use, and I don’t think there were any times where we had major clashes of ideas. If anything, we had to think about how to make Switch unique, and there’s a certain cost associated with that. So it was like, “Oh my God, it’s going to be a lot more expensive. How are we going to deal with this?” We struggled with that together as a team.

there’s an individual context for VR, but when it’s wrapped up with NFTs and Facebook, this is what’s coming next for it, and I think it’ll get to a point where just about every VR headset will need to interface with “metaverse” content to be “relevant”

that said, bravo to just standalone VR, it’s still a little restrictive. I know lots of smaller studios are doing interesting things in it but the only thing I’ve seen so far that makes me feel like I might have any interest in it as a platform is Alyx

I’m less opposed to AR, if it’s view-through and integrated well, but I still think that’s a while out from being meaningfully good

I don’t like the disconnection of VR, and while I haven’t used it that much, the times I have didn’t feel enjoyable. tbd
What does VR have to do with NFT's? Genuinely curious. I've never heard the two linked before today.

"VR IS THE HARBINGER OF CAPITALIST DOOM!!!!"

Log out of Famiboards

dPuR76v.jpg

me with an unhinged rant

JyRvZ74.jpg

the abyss

G07KXKI.jpg

famiboards

What does VR have to do with NFT's? Genuinely curious. I've never heard the two linked before today.
As far as I'm aware it's a connection being made via the MeTaVeRsE, where NFTs and the general WeB 3 pOiNt 0 decentralized internet will create an artificial world of property, scarcity, and especially identity, that will be leveraged in a more literal virtual reality supported by VR

this idea of fictional reality is at the heart of NFTs, Web 3.0, and the Metaverse, and VR of course is a natural fit

I will admit that the connection between the immersion disconnect from reality of VR as a technology and the literal actual disconnect that tech companies are trying to add to society itself are worlds apart. There are two arguments here and I really shouldn't have conflated them so early and unclearly (lest we get more driveby dunking).

Sus and I don't like the Metaverse trend because dear god no one with a soul likes the Metaverse. Personally I don't like VR because of my own traditionalism, its inherent inaccessibility, and candidly the growing notion that it should displace regular video games

As long as society doesn't fully collapse from a prolonged pandemic and climate change disasters I'm not all that worried about VR and NFTs. Just gotta make sure my kids have air and food and the knowledge that NFTs are utter bullshit.

As far as I'm aware it's a connection being made via the MeTaVeRsE, where NFTs and the general WeB 3 pOiNt 0 decentralized internet will create an artificial world of property, scarcity, and especially identity, that will be leveraged in a more literal virtual reality supported by VR

this idea of fictional reality is at the heart of NFTs, Web 3.0, and the Metaverse, and VR of course is a natural fit

I will admit that the connection between the immersion disconnect from reality of VR as a technology and the literal actual disconnect that tech companies are trying to add to society itself are worlds apart. There are two arguments here and I really shouldn't have conflated them so early and unclearly (lest we get more driveby dunking).

Sus and I don't like the Metaverse trend because dear god no one with a soul likes the Metaverse. Personally I don't like VR because of my own traditionalism, its inherent inaccessibility, and candidly the growing notion that it should displace regular video games
I don't like the Metaverse either, and I have yet to meet anyone in the VR fanbase that does. It's the ZuccTM that's trying to force it into everything. That kind of power should never be controlled by any one company, much less Facebook. It should be in the hands of the people and regulated by the government.

As for the replacing regular video games thing, I doubt it ever will. Some types of games are just not possible in this space (AKA most third person games). There should always be room for both.

thank you for putting this so eloquently

because I would have taken like seven paragraphs to say basically the same thing

Ah fuck I gotta beat Eastward before Arceus comes out on Friday. Think I got like 15 hours to go. Good thing I'm in quarantine.

The Matrix taught me that simulated reality is a metaphor for capitalism so that's what I'm going with

I can see Suswave's concerns about the future and everything like that - I'm deeply, deeply fucking scared as well - but to say that it somehow wasn't about VR is simply not true. They refer to it as "the face of the
you've not finished the first paragraph unless I'm missing something here

I didn't even know Nippon Ichi already announced their second classics collection and I'm really happy they chose two of their best games: Makai Kingdom and ZHP: Unlosing Ranger vs. Darkdeath Evilman! It releases this spring!

sometimes you just want to dig in your heels and say you'd rather play baseball for nes than move forward

that toby fox's simple pixel games are better than the cutting edge

that you'd be content only playing earthbound and never seeing the metaverse

and that you prefer kid chameleon for genesis to kid chameleon in real life

I'd like to extend an apology to VR enjoyers. This has clearly gotten very out of hand, which I attribute to my own intellectually lazy conflation of the Web 3.0/Metaverse trend and what is at its core a fairly simple, tangible, and unique technology. I unfairly leveraged the rightful hatred of Metaverse to justify my own disregard for one of the technologies that it has co-opted. I will continue to try to present my opinions more reasonably and logically, except for my incredible jokes like the Kid Chameleon one above.

I was looking into what Satoru Iwata thought about VR because I am incapable of carrying an independent opinion, and I instead found some excerpts about the Switch's development from Miyamoto

This quote is incredible
God I miss Iwata Asks so much.

If anyone is interested here is a long interview about development of Switch with Koizumi and Takahashi.

I didn't even know Nippon Ichi already announced their second classics collection and I'm really happy they chose two of their best games: Makai Kingdom and ZHP: Unlosing Ranger vs. Darkdeath Evilman! It releases this spring!
It's nice but I wanted GrimGrimoire... I guess it's pretty much impossible and I should give up on my dream.

@Plum don't delete your account over this man, I'm sorry
Sorry - I'm not going to. You know me. I'm dramatic as fuck for a multitude of reasons. Sorry for the shitty drive-by, even if I still feel that the VR stuff was a bit out there it was probably best to just ignore it.

okay so to not be unhinged for a second

time in games

is BOTW’s day cycle too fast? too slow? just right?

I don’t want to do real-time for my bad little not pocket men but I think BOTW speed might be too fast. maybe double that? 48 minutes is 24 hours?

what do y’all think?

You know what I'm not looking forward to Gen V remakes based purely on Eelektross being brought to the newest generation

It's nice but I wanted GrimGrimoire... I guess it's pretty much impossible and I should give up on my dream.
Why is it impossible? It's co-developed and published by NIS so they should probably be able to re-release it. Not sure what other game they could pair it with when released as a NIS Classics game though. Maybe Dragoneer's Aria?

time in games

I don’t want to do real-time for my bad little not pocket men but I think BOTW speed might be too fast. maybe double that? 48 minutes is 24 hours?

what do y’all think?
48 minutes is solid
Maybe one of the Grögols is massively OP but runs away/dies after a (few) day(s)

time in games

what do y’all think?
BotW feels pretty good to me, especially since the game is tailored well to short-burst play. I never felt like I was waiting for the cycle to cycle. To contrast, DQXI had me wondering if the day/night cycle was tied to events because it seemed like it never wanted to change. I missed BotW's schedule while playing DQXI.

Why is it impossible? It's co-developed and published by NIS so they should probably be able to re-release it. Not sure what other game they could pair it with when released as a NIS Classics game though. Maybe Dragoneer's Aria?
It seems Vanillaware now only works with Atlus and legal stuff might be preventing them to work with NIS. Otherwise they would have re-released GrimGrimoire by now. Vanillaware loves having re-releases.

time in games

what do y’all think?
For me personally, BOTW is a tad too short (24 minutes, IIRC), although I understand why it was made that way. There's a lot of time dependent events and activities in BOTW, so having the time between days be shorter makes it easier to encounter time-limited events, plus it helps accelerate the blood moon's function of clearing stuff out of RAM. I personally prefer around 48 mins to an hour, as it gives each day a bit more length to it, allowing you to soak in the time changes more. Been playing Halo Infinite a lot recently, and that game has a one hour cycle, which feels right to me.
One thing that bugs me in games that BOTW does well is always assuming the season is summer and making day way longer than night. In BOTW, day and night are equally long, while in many other games day is at least twice as long as night. What's the point of having a day/night cycle if it's constantly 12:00? Forza Horizon as a series is especially bad about this, as this phenomenon happens even when the in-game season is Winter!

Those are all good predictions.

The only tricky one is Ranger X. For some weird reason, Sega hasn't re-released it anywhere and nobody knows why.
If we can have MUSHA re-released on NSO then hopefully we'll be able to say the same for Ranger X in the near future.
I use to feel the same about a Switch release of 13 Sentinels, but my sister would tell me to keep the dream alive; especially when her dream of having the Danganronpa games on the Switch came true. You just have to keep that fire burning and barring any total world war or complete collapse of civilization there's always a chance it could come true.

It seems Vanillaware now only works with Atlus and legal stuff might be preventing them to work with NIS. Otherwise they would have re-released GrimGrimoire by now. Vanillaware loves having re-releases.
That's true considering Dragon's Crown and Odin Sphere. But who knows what'll happen. Maybe Atlus/Sega gives a go anyway.

My issue with VR is that at least in its current form it's extremely unfriendly and intrusive to folks who have sensory issues like me.

Having a screen strapped to my face is already torture enough without it also inducing motion sickness. I tried it a couple of years ago and it was one of the most unpleasant gaming experiences I've ever had.

That's why I personally hope it doesn't become too big a component of gaming and especially not in the Nintendo sphere, as it basically physically locks me and others like me out of being able to play/enjoy games.

They must be in some form of extended contract binding them to Atlus, or else they surely would have gotten their other games from other publishers out by now like GrimGrimoire (which was a massive bomb, by the way) and Muramasa (and all the amazing DLCs it had on Vita). Their games would be perfect on Switch.

My issue with VR is that at least in its current form it's extremely unfriendly and intrusive to folks who have sensory issues like me.

Having a screen strapped to my face is already torture enough without it also inducing motion sickness. I tried it a couple of years ago and it was one of the most unpleasant gaming experiences I've ever had.

That's why I personally hope it doesn't become too big a component of gaming and especially not in the Nintendo sphere, as it basically physically locks me and others like me out of being able to play/enjoy games.
yep, inherently inaccessible

eventually we'll lose some EPD resources to it (and yes via LABO we technically already have), and I might have to just accept that. but if it becomes their main focus I'm personally pulling the retro only lever

I just want you to know that despite my light activity on Famiboards today, I'm not ignoring you. I've only been able to check my phone for five minutes at a time all day, and your post deserves more than that. Unfortunately I'll continue to be busy for much of the remaining weekend, however.

I'd like to extend an apology to VR enjoyers. This has clearly gotten very out of hand, which I attribute to my own intellectually lazy conflation of the Web 3.0/Metaverse trend and what is at its core a fairly simple, tangible, and unique technology. I unfairly leveraged the rightful hatred of Metaverse to justify my own disregard for one of the technologies that it has co-opted. I will continue to try to present my opinions more reasonably and logically, except for my incredible jokes like the Kid Chameleon one above.
I realize you never replied to me further, but I also want to apologize if me basically saying "anyway I'm going to bed lol" discouraged further conversation. My intent was to communicate that I wouldn't be able to further reply for a while, but there were probably better ways to phrase that.

I realize you never replied to me further, but I also want to apologize if me basically saying "anyway I'm going to bed lol" discouraged further conversation. My intent was to communicate that I wouldn't be able to further reply for a while, but there were probably better ways to phrase that.
haha not at all, if anything you should've been more discouraging; things got out of hand

Game day food: Honey hot and Nashville hot chicken tenders (not my recipe but I did make all the spices and sauces).

Make a Nashville hot spice rub. Cayenne, garlic, onion, palm sugar, pepper.

B6-D528-BB-ABFF-4369-B43-A-A0-D74-A8-C3674.jpg

Then coat with the spice, buttermilk, and hot sauce.

A01-FA04-A-0094-4-F8-C-B19-C-3-FA03-CC5-BE44.jpg

Then you double dredge on flour and spice mixture (no spice version for kids).

2768234-A-5-A80-42-AF-9-EDD-E118-DAC2-C44-C.jpg

Then fry for 10 or so.

AE72-E83-C-7488-4-EA5-AD6-F-66-C7-ED950-C3-C.jpg

Then coat with a honey hot sauce glaze or a Nashville hot oil.

FB10-AC34-7-D2-A-4-A27-AEA0-475-D4348-C967.jpg

(Honey on top and Nashville on the bottom).

Game day food: Honey hot and Nashville hot chicken tenders (not my recipe but I did make all the spices and sauces).

Then fry for 10 or so.

I can probably guess who you were rooting for today. RIP.

Then fry for 10 or so.

Did you bring enough for the whole thread?

February 2019, E3 2019, the Partner Showcase with Rise, and the September 2021 Direct were my favorites of all time.

2019 and 2021 were just really, really, really good years for directs .... (even if I didn't like the September 2019 Direct that much, too much repeated info already shown).
Every main direct in 2018, 2019 and 2021 were great. Even if there wasn't that much for me, I know it was filled with enough content, and was presented extremely well for the majority.

(Even Fall 2019 for obvious reasons)

I know by now you've surely already looked it up yourself to confirm it, but I wanted to compliment your memory. I did watch that Direct and I forgot that it ever happened.
I actually didn't look it up, but I remembered there was. Can't wait for the next Xenoblade game to get one too XD

People are freaking out over M&M's......
Literally who cares. There M&M's, they're already bad lol (Smarties for life)

fall 2021 was the best Nintendo Direct of all time
It was great, yeah. Even better, Kirby and Bayo 3 weren't spoiled for me, so I freaked out when I saw both.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom