• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST4 Jan. 2022| Resurrections

The next Switch model will be called...

• Nintendo Switch 2

Votes: 40 23.5%
  • Nintendo Switch Pro

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Nintendo Switch 4k

Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Nintendo Switch U

• Nintendo Switch +

Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Nintendo Switch Max

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • Nintendo Switch Up

• New Nintendo Switch

Votes: 5 2.9%
  • Nintendo Switch Advance

Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Super Nintendo Switch

Votes: 53 31.2%
  • Nintendo Switch Super

• Nintendo Switchxty Four

Votes: 4 2.4%
  • Nintendo Switchcube

• Nintendo Swiitch

• Nintendo Change

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nintendo Modify

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nintendo Adjust

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Nintendo Wii U 2

Votes: 6 3.5%
  • Other (Please specify)

Votes: 7 4.1%
  • Switch Plus

Votes: 5 2.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t get me started on the bmi, I did keto most of last year and took off 40 lbs and hit my limit point and was still heavily overweight for my height and would have to take almost 40 more lbs off for a healthy weight. Mind you I put about 25 back on after realizing I couldn’t sustain that lifestyle of eating. Currently back at adjusting my routine and calorie counting (going down to 2 meals a day)
Keto can also cause severe other conditions — I know someone who got permanent GI issues because Keto wasn’t really an appropriate approach for them for diabetes. And this is a healthcare worker.

even the most “well-intentioned” and “scientific” fad diets are still fad diets and carry all associated risks. many are lightly-disguised eating disorders. the majority are not sustainable whatsoever and shouldn’t be. all because the BMI and weight are used as a be-all end-all when originally proposed by a eugenicist and also not really as reliable a health indicator when measured against, you know, many real people.

preventative medical care needs a serious shift away from weight loss as integral to solutions. weight in a vacuum and even fat body composition doesn’t actually tell us nearly as much as it is currently used for

Anyone played Chicory co-op on Switch?

I'm considering ignoring my no-spend january to pick this up.. but only if it's fun in co-op :>

Update on week 2 topic
Alright, after my previous post got the 5 requisite "yeah!"s I'm going to remove the depressing COVID discussion and poll and bump up the one I had planned for week 4:

Which Nintendo boss does your boss/teacher/authority figure remind you of?

To all bosses, teachers and authority figured I apologize in advance for the poll options I will be creating.

Hopefully the hype machine begins to pick back up next month with all these rumors and stuff.

PlayStation showcase, Nintendo Direct, the next Persona announcement.

Alright, after my previous post got the 5 requisite "yeah!"s I'm going to remove the depressing COVID discussion and poll and bump up the one I had planned for week 4:

Which Nintendo boss does your boss/teacher/authority figure remind you of?

To all bosses, teachers and authority figured I apologize in advance for the poll options I will be creating.
I’m a a boss and say I’m Kirby. Everyone works in my power vacuum, and if they cross me, I will destroy them and absorb their life energy. (Joking of course but I know there are bosses that act like that).

Congratulations!

YAY A THREAD BABY!

Congrats. The poll refresh should be “what Nintendo character is @Scrawnton going to name the baby?”
Thanks! Well I just did some Google searches to see if the names we picked had a matching name for a video game character. If it is a girl, it will share the name of a female character from The Evil Within series. If it is a boy, it will share a name with a boss from (wtf?) Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 (shocking the name isn't more common in games). If I take the boys name and use the shortened version of it, he will share the name with the protagonist of a third person shooting franchise that is no longer an active IP.

Take your best guess!

Thanks for the support and kind words, everyone. I know this is a board full of strangers on the internet, but you’re good people, and I’m happy I get to hang out with you all and talk about video games.

Sorry about bringing down the mood of the thread, but honestly all the covid talk was depressing as shit so mentioning my grandma dying kinda fit right in.

Edit: oh yeah congrats @Scrawnton, and good luck

Thanks! Well I just did some Google searches to see if the names we picked had a matching name for a video game character. If it is a girl, it will share the name of a female character from The Evil Within series. If it is a boy, it will share a name with a boss from (wtf?) Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 (shocking the name isn't more common in games).

Take your best guess!

MODOK is a beautiful name for a boy, I approve of this choice.

Thanks for the support and kind words, everyone. I know this is a board full of strangers on the internet, but you’re good people, and I’m happy I get to hang out with you all and talk about video games.

Sorry about bringing down the mood of the thread, but honestly all the covid talk was depressing as shit so mentioning my grandma dying kinda fit right in.

Edit: oh yeah congrats @Scrawnton, and good luck

Never be afraid to speak what is on your mind. This is a great, supportive community.

Poll response. Other. Having another baby. Due June 3rd.
June babies are best babies. Though I might be biased.

I don't know who or what that is
It's that one actor who looks like a taller, less nerdy version of @BozPaggs' boss.

I’m a a boss and say I’m Kirby. Everyone works in my power vacuum, and if they cross me, I will destroy them and absorb their life energy. (Joking of course but I know there are bosses that act like that).
No joke, I used to have a boss who was very round, hairless, alarmingly reddish/pinkish, and was an overbearing loudmouth (blew a lot of hot air) and one of my friends said "oh so you work for Kirby." I repeated that at work in a moment of frustration and a typically quiet co-worker (who I had no idea knew anything about games) laughed his damn ass off.

Thanks! Well I just did some Google searches to see if the names we picked had a matching name for a video game character. If it is a girl, it will share the name of a female character from The Evil Within series. If it is a boy, it will share a name with a boss from (wtf?) Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 (shocking the name isn't more common in games). If I take the boys name and use the shortened version of it, he will share the name with the protagonist of a third person shooting franchise that is no longer an active IP.

Take your best guess!
Congratulations! Always happy news to hear!

As for names ; Tatiana, Myra, Juli perhaps?

As for a boy, I agree, Ultron is cool

my arm is sore and swollen immediately

fam I may be having an allergic reaction, if I don't post again I'm dead lmao

Yall this is a friendly PSA, the Famiboards GOTY thread is currently taking considerations for best turn based/strategy RPG, but the thread's moving a liiittle slow today and is running the risk of the time limit running out without Bravely Default II or Deltarune Chapter 2 being put up for consideration. I'd do it myself based on the principle of the thing but I haven't played either so I thought I'd ring the bell on this side and make sure everyone knows that's going on.

The only turn-based RPG I played last year that actually released in 2021 was Cris Tales, and even I don't think that's nomination material. 😅

the thought of getting these dogshit shots every year until I die makes me hope I die soon
Do what I do: live in a redhat area so that you can use the vaccine as a way to feel smug as fuck and like you're better than everyone around you. 🤘😎

my arm is sore and swollen immediately

fam I may be having an allergic reaction, if I don't post again I'm dead lmao
My wife got a huge bruise at the injection site within an hour or two, it went away the next day. She didn't even get the awful fever and chills that I got, so maybe a surface mark is a good sign.

this sounds like they're only making the PC version for the non-JP Asian markets and the Xbox version comes along for the ride
I doubt this is "Xbox paid for exclusive rights to the Chinese/Korean subs"
it MIGHT be "Xbox paid for the Chinese/Korean loc jobs therefore own the rights to those subtitles"

Other (please specify)​

I'm goin with Wario - Boss is long and thing, lacks the stache and hat but I'd imagine he'd look a lot like him just wearing a cap.

As far as my most recent boss (not Kirby), he is a massive fan of old-school rap and was a professional graffiti/mural artist outside of work so I think the combination of music and paint pretty much requires that I vote DJ Octavio.

Initial reaction looking at the new poll options: “wait, Nintendo bought Supergiant?”

Is there a Nintendo villain that’s hopped up on caffeine? Otherwise the closest I can come up with the corporation out of Robobot.

Initial reaction looking at the new poll options: “wait, Nintendo bought Supergiant?”

Is there a Nintendo villain that’s hopped up on caffeine? Otherwise the closest I can come up with the corporation out of Robobot.
Yeah I actually forgot about Kid Icarus bosses until I googled Nintendo bosses for the poll.

My boss is like Rusty from Real Deal Baseball. Have to work to unlock more things to do but if i haggle enough the requirements eventually lower and it unlocks early. Also takes results even if they aren’t exactly what they wanted in the beginning.

Well that's the weirdest darn thing.

I can kind of see why some markets that literally don't really support a platform might get a PC only translation, though I wouldn't know that it'd be sensible, but I'm really not seeing how the Xbox market could command enough demand to need a Korean/Chinese localisations while Switch/PS don't.

The week 1 food raffle is ending in about 100 minutes, if you want to get your last minute entries in don't wait much longer! I will be kinda lenient with the cutoff time but I can't promise I'll be awake that much longer.

Currently the entrants are:

@chocolate_supra
@storres
@Barely Able
@Derachi
@Pineapple
@Mandos
@Ozzie
@Sander RX
@Fuffelpups
@karmitt
@Nabbit
@totofogo
@Suswave

If I've missed your entry please let me know!
Poop, my post was stuck in drafts and I never hit submit 🙃 C'est la vie, slow-cooker Mexican chicken is to be shared another time haha
Alright, week one of this thread is over!

Week 2 will have a new topic "Coping with COVID", with a new poll going up as soon as I message a mod to reset it.

Week 2 also has a new raffle, this one focusing on pets! Post a picture of your pet or a pet you know, and maybe tell us a little about why it's the cutest dog/cat/ferret/muskrat/vole/iguana/grasshopper in the world. To start, here's my dog:

EhWod42XgAM0UCs

As you can plainly see he is the cutest dog in the world, he enjoys chicken and licking arms incessantly, turn offs include long walks and other animals, turn ons include basically all food except for some reason pretzels.

I'll be figuring out week 1's winner tomorrow and shortly after figure out how exactly to give them eShop money. Stay tuned for the winner announcement!
Once I can share pics from my Discord, Mr. Peanutbutter will reign SUPREME 🐇
My grandmother died last night. I’m thirty years old and I haven’t lost a family member until now. That’s a blessing. But this hurts.
Having lost my grandmother last June (and my grandfather ten years and a week prior in June as well), I am terribly sorry for your loss and I wish you and your family can heal from this tragedy. I'm sure she was a wonderful and caring woman who was loved dearly by those close to her.

My boss looks like a shorter, nerdier Tim Kono from Only Murders
I've never even considered it, but my boss looks a little like Tim Kono from OMITB but with a full beard.

Otherwise I chose Master Hand. Calm, collected, rational, and to be honest not really the most villainous on the list; I mean near the start of the pandemic we were playing Mario Kart together on our lunch breaks while working from home. I got damn lucky with my work atmosphere haha

died during the tutorial of disco elysium and laughed out loud; I minmaxed my stats and was suitably punished for it when my detective guy didn't even have the necessary strength to reach for a tie without suffering a heart attack and dropping dead on the spot

Take your best guess!
Congrats! Not a guess, but just the other day I was thinking if we’d have another one (which we won’t, two’s enough), a girl, I’d want to name her after Estelle from Trails in the Sky just for the energy and unending positivity she has.

do you guys go to the gym?
I've been going for 4 months now and it's been really nice to see the difference.

I lost 14kg (30? pounds) between 2019 and 2020 and now that gyms are opened again I started working out and for the first time, it's something that I'm enjoying it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom