• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST4 Jan. 2022| Resurrections

The next Switch model will be called...

• Nintendo Switch 2

Votes: 40 23.5%
  • Nintendo Switch Pro

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Nintendo Switch 4k

Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Nintendo Switch U

• Nintendo Switch +

Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Nintendo Switch Max

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • Nintendo Switch Up

• New Nintendo Switch

Votes: 5 2.9%
  • Nintendo Switch Advance

Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Super Nintendo Switch

Votes: 53 31.2%
  • Nintendo Switch Super

• Nintendo Switchxty Four

Votes: 4 2.4%
  • Nintendo Switchcube

• Nintendo Swiitch

• Nintendo Change

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nintendo Modify

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nintendo Adjust

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Nintendo Wii U 2

Votes: 6 3.5%
  • Other (Please specify)

Votes: 7 4.1%
  • Switch Plus

Votes: 5 2.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate that poll.

Not as much as I hate this goddamn pandemic though. It has gone from a funny meme to actual goddamn tragedy so many times in the last two years.

And during december they finally closed all gyms and other sportcenters and activities and that pushed me over the edge of just completely losing it. I am absolutely fed up with this goddamn thing. And it won't get better. And there will be worse pandemics in the future because we are incapable of understanding restrictions of the planet and there is so much actual greed and evil that simply cares for wealth.

It's a goddamn miserable world as of now and I want it to change.
…when was it a funny meme?

I don’t think I ever had the luxury of it being a funny meme

Haven’t had COVID-19 impact me too much beyond inconvenience of not being able to go out much. Thankfully I’m able to work remote in my career, I have a good salary and savings if something goes wrong, have a heathy immune system, have been on top of vaccines/booster, and I’m generally a home body anyway. I only really stay connected with my nuclear family and they are all great and vaccinated as well.

My girlfriend though unfortunately lost her grandma to COVID. She is from India so everyone she knew was ravaged by the virus in that outbreak last year. It was extremely sad because they were all on their first vaccine dose and getting ready for the second shot when it all happened. So close and it all came crashing down because of an incompetent President and government. She hadn’t seen her grandma in two years because of Visa worries and COVID.

I’m actually in India visiting her mom and grandpa for first time in-person now. We planned this before Omicron because she obviously wants to see her home again after so long (+ resolve Visa issues) and she wants me to meet her loved ones before something tragic happens. This trip has been biggest thing I’ve done since pandemic began, but I’ve felt pretty guilty and anxious about the journey and my time here. I didn’t travel at all for any of the holidays to avoid catching/spreading something on this trip. Not doing anything touristy or eating out, just mainly living normal home life with new family. But still hard to not obsess over Omicron stats and information about COVID severity. Just telling myself I’m doing all that I can to protect myself and others. Hoping that is enough to get us both back in the US safely through our international flights back this weekend.

Regarding COVID I try to live my life as normally as I can, but things have definitely changed. 95% of my work is now done from home so things are definitely different in that sense, but I still try to do some of the activities I did pre-COVID, like sports with a few friends and rehearse with my band. At the same time, I go out a lot less than I used to and feel super uncomfortable if there's too many people at a friend's place or whatever. Things aren't that bad on my country at the moment but cases are rising so I expect the government to do something soon. Hopefully not more quarantines.

anyway society has been irrevocably damaged and as someone who was in multiple transitional periods throughout I will never be able to catch up

My grandmother died last night. I’m thirty years old and I haven’t lost a family member until now. That’s a blessing. But this hurts.
I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm 27 and just lost my dad in September; I've been lost without him. Please take care of yourself. ❤

My grandmother died last night. I’m thirty years old and I haven’t lost a family member until now. That’s a blessing. But this hurts.
I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope you and your family are doing alright.
anyway society has been irrevocably damaged and as someone who was in multiple transitional periods throughout I will never be able to catch up
Yeah what I'm most concerned about is kids, both young kids like I have and older kids in middle/high school, this is a really rough and harsh way to experience childhood. Especially for older kids who knew what it was like beforehand.

My 4 year old probably has completely forgotten what eating at a restaurant is like.

Saw a post on Twitter about a new JRPG releasing on Switching called Seven Pirates H. Never heard of it before and I see why lol.

Could've kept that game on Vita, honestly, and instead put more Neptunia games on Switch :mad:

Its tragic, I know. I lost my Uncle, Bubbie and Grandmother all in a span of a year when I was 14. The hurt will go away eventually. Be glad she lives as long as she did <3

in my continued urgings for compassion to the at-risk during COVID, something really fucked me up the other day —

head of the CDC said that 75% of the people who died from omicron had 4+ pre-existing conditions and that this was “encouraging” news and that those people were “really unwell to begin with”

idk if everyone here is familiar with how pre-existing conditions work in the US but they’re bullshit. almost anything can count for them to deny you insurance.

so listen:
  1. THIS IS EUGENICS and I shouldn’t have to tell anyone why that’s fucking bad!
  2. NO ONE, DISABLED, WITH A CONDITION, OR SOMEHOW WITH NO ONGOING ANYTHING should be considered an ENCOURAGING DEATH!
  3. STOP TELLING PEOPLE LIKE MY PARTNER AND I THAT WE JUST HAVE TO DIE FOR ALL OF YOU I’M SO SICK OF IT SICK OF IT SICK OF IT SICK OF IT SICK OF IT
  4. Those comorbidities include almost anything — I’ll list some below. YOU PROBABLY HAVE FOUR OR MORE PRE-EXISTING CONDITIONS.
  5. Long COVID is only going to become MORE APPARENT as time goes on, and lots of people who don’t think they have it may actually have lasting repercussions from having COVID at all
  6. This has all already happened: the Spanish Flu in 1918 had a “long COVID” equivalent
  7. LONG COVID WILL BE CLASSIFIED AS A PRE-EXISTING CONDITION
  8. There’s a reason that the literal original Nazis went after disabled people first — and many of those people were likely dealing with “long flu” complications as every shithead eugenicist ideal rose into genocidal action to get rid of the “financial burden.” Not dissimilar to what the CDC is already saying. That groundwork is already killing us and will kill us again. Nazis also referenced US eugenics as “inspiration,” for fucking real.
  9. If you don’t rail against this now it will only keep coming back stronger and do even more catastrophic harm.
so I’m gonna keep not shutting up about it, forever, until it kills me

also here are some things that are pre-existing conditions (most, but not all, count as pure comorbidities to COVID, which is a slightly narrower metric. It is unclear which they used to define the “four or more” in question)
  • arthritis
  • all adjacent -itis conditions
  • history of inflammation
  • immunocompromisation
  • HIV
  • history of STIs
  • being overweight (don’t get me started on how the BMI is also bullshit)
  • smoking
  • drinking
  • sleep apnea
  • asthma or family history of asthma
  • diabetes or family history of diabetes
  • cancer or family history of cancer
  • taking hormones
  • anxiety
  • depression
  • add / adhd
  • ocd
  • gender dysphoria
  • suicidal tendencies or history
  • anything on the autism spectrum
  • learning / processing disabilities
  • history of pneumonia (not stated, but something I heard from a source in healthcare — I have had pneumonia three times)
  • high blood pressure
  • any history of drug use
  • benign cysts
  • history of cysts (you could say… cystory)
  • prior injury
  • chronic kidney disease
  • chronic liver disease
  • literally age as factor
  • literally race as factor
  • living situation (group or congregate living)
  • pulmonary issues
  • chronic lung issues
  • stroke
  • pregnancy
  • sickle cell anemia
  • tuberculosis
  • organ transplant recipient
  • any cerebrovascular issues
like idk about the rest of you but I’m definitely one of those CDC victory deaths or whatever!!

oh....

oh man.......
I feel it

booster got me hard and our apartment window froze open with very little heating

plus last week messed me up

I’m exhausted and if I could take a leave I just would

If the COVID topic is too stressful and depressing for everyone I can change it to a new one. I'm not sure I thought through how depressing it might get.
Yeah this is great conversation, and I'm so glad this community is comfortable sharing and leaning on one another. Like seriously, y'all are great.

But, honestly I escape here to get away from the stress of the workday / crumbling world around us so I'm gonna have to duck out of this thread for a bit. I did just had a mess of a morning of meetings and am a bit stressed out on two cups of coffee though so... lol

Anyway I'll be back tonight to share a photo of my pride and joy (my son/cat) with you all :)

So sorry to hear this, friend. Hold onto the great memories, which I'm sure you have plenty of at 30, and stay well. I'll be thinking of you and your family.

I like the combat and soundtrack. The atmosphere is also good for what the N64 can pull off. I’m confused about the world structure and fast travel. I see spots that could be used for pipes for fast travel but it hasn’t been unlocked yet (am I missing something?).

My major gripe with the game is the level gating. I’m not a fan of when RPGs do it. I understand they do it to maintain the balance and tension, but if I want to commit to the grind and be OP, let me.

It kind of cracks me up how people complain that modern Paper Mario games missed out on “rpg elements” like leveling and experience points gained after battle when this game will halt your progression anyway after reaching a certain level. The people complaining about that surely must realize it was an illusion anyway that meant nothing.
I can't remember the exact timeline for progressing world structure/fast travel, but I definitely encourage you to revisit the Toad Town sewers after each chapter and see if you can make any headway there. I believe your new hammer from Dry Dry Ruins will come in handy, among other abilities throughout the game.

I've never been a fan of grinding so the element you dislike is one I appreciate, but I get how it could be nice for the game to give you that freedom. The badge system affords a ton of freedom and flexibility though if you choose to abide by it.

This is the most brain damaging thing I've seen all week

I'm beginning to believe that there is some universal constant that ensure at least half the population of a species are complete morons. That's why we haven't seen evidence of galactic intelligence out there. 50% of the species drags the half down and prevents any possibility of galactic exploration.

I'm beginning to believe that there is some universal constant that ensure at least half the population of a species are complete morons. That's why we haven't seen evidence of galactic intelligence out there. 50% of the species drags the half down and prevents any possibility of galactic exploration.
It’s like that old George Carlin joke about how dumb the average person is and then realizing that half of people are dumber than that. His stuff seems to be more apt as time goes on.

Yeah this is great conversation, and I'm so glad this community is comfortable sharing and leaning on one another. Like seriously, y'all are great.

But, honestly I escape here to get away from the stress of the workday / crumbling world around us so I'm gonna have to duck out of this thread for a bit. I did just had a mess of a morning of meetings and am a bit stressed out on two cups of coffee though so... lol

Anyway I'll be back tonight to share a photo of my pride and joy (my son/cat) with you all :)
Yeah I was thinking the same thing, this thread and forum are a nice escape from the thought of society imploding.

If enough people "yeah!" this post I'll change the topic to something else, maybe the "which Nintendo boss does your boss remind you of" topic.

Bill Watterson said it best:
nrulXjw.jpg

Last edited:
in my continued urgings for compassion to the at-risk during COVID, something really fucked me up the other day —

head of the CDC said that 75% of the people who died from omicron had 4+ pre-existing conditions and that this was “encouraging” news and that those people were “really unwell to begin with”

idk if everyone here is familiar with how pre-existing conditions work in the US but they’re bullshit. almost anything can count for them to deny you insurance.

so listen:
  1. THIS IS EUGENICS and I shouldn’t have to tell anyone why that’s fucking bad!
  2. NO ONE, DISABLED, WITH A CONDITION, OR SOMEHOW WITH NO ONGOING ANYTHING should be considered an ENCOURAGING DEATH!
  3. STOP TELLING PEOPLE LIKE MY PARTNER AND I THAT WE JUST HAVE TO DIE FOR ALL OF YOU I’M SO SICK OF IT SICK OF IT SICK OF IT SICK OF IT SICK OF IT
  4. Those comorbidities include almost anything — I’ll list some below. YOU PROBABLY HAVE FOUR OR MORE PRE-EXISTING CONDITIONS.
  5. Long COVID is only going to become MORE APPARENT as time goes on, and lots of people who don’t think they have it may actually have lasting repercussions from having COVID at all
  6. This has all already happened: the Spanish Flu in 1918 had a “long COVID” equivalent
  7. LONG COVID WILL BE CLASSIFIED AS A PRE-EXISTING CONDITION
  8. There’s a reason that the literal original Nazis went after disabled people first — and many of those people were likely dealing with “long flu” complications as every shithead eugenicist ideal rose into genocidal action to get rid of the “financial burden.” Not dissimilar to what the CDC is already saying. That groundwork is already killing us and will kill us again. Nazis also referenced US eugenics as “inspiration,” for fucking real.
  9. If you don’t rail against this now it will only keep coming back stronger and do even more catastrophic harm.
so I’m gonna keep not shutting up about it, forever, until it kills me

also here are some things that are pre-existing conditions (most, but not all, count as pure comorbidities to COVID, which is a slightly narrower metric. It is unclear which they used to define the “four or more” in question)
  • arthritis
  • all adjacent -itis conditions
  • history of inflammation
  • immunocompromisation
  • HIV
  • history of STIs
  • being overweight (don’t get me started on how the BMI is also bullshit)
  • smoking
  • drinking
  • sleep apnea
  • asthma or family history of asthma
  • diabetes or family history of diabetes
  • cancer or family history of cancer
  • taking hormones
  • anxiety
  • depression
  • add / adhd
  • ocd
  • gender dysphoria
  • suicidal tendencies or history
  • anything on the autism spectrum
  • learning / processing disabilities
  • history of pneumonia (not stated, but something I heard from a source in healthcare — I have had pneumonia three times)
  • high blood pressure
  • any history of drug use
  • benign cysts
  • history of cysts (you could say… cystory)
  • prior injury
  • chronic kidney disease
  • chronic liver disease
  • literally age as factor
  • literally race as factor
  • living situation (group or congregate living)
  • pulmonary issues
  • chronic lung issues
  • stroke
  • pregnancy
  • sickle cell anemia
  • tuberculosis
  • organ transplant recipient
  • any cerebrovascular issues
like idk about the rest of you but I’m definitely one of those CDC victory deaths or whatever!!
Don’t get me started on the bmi, I did keto most of last year and took off 40 lbs and hit my limit point and was still heavily overweight for my height and would have to take almost 40 more lbs off for a healthy weight. Mind you I put about 25 back on after realizing I couldn’t sustain that lifestyle of eating. Currently back at adjusting my routine and calorie counting (going down to 2 meals a day)

I'm sorry :(
Hope she had a pretty well lived life. I know how it is like to lose important family recently. The pain never goes away, but you learn how to live with it. It's tough, but if you need help never hesitate to call someone you feel comfortable - that's what I learned too.

I've been binging some 3DS games I missed out on lately. Finished Metroid Prime: Federation Force (I'd played it, but never finished. That game is good, dammit), Monster Hunter Stories (loved 2 so much that I finally opened my copy of the original that I never got around to), and am now playing through Ever Oasis. Thinking I might dig into Dragon Quest VIII next? Idk. I like 11 S well enough but never loved it. Also considering Rhythm Heaven (though I'd need to download it).

I have a few 3DS games I still never opened that I picked up on sale or whatnot. Kirby Planet Robobot, Final Fantasy Explorers (I barely remember what that even is), Fantasy Life, and a few others. Maybe I'll use Kirby as a break between all the RPGs

Refreshing the eShop furiously at noon, hoping Picross S7 has launched, and it hasn't yet. Doesn't even have a page to preorder. Shameful.

I've been binging some 3DS games I missed out on lately. Finished Metroid Prime: Federation Force (I'd played it, but never finished. That game is good, dammit), Monster Hunter Stories (loved 2 so much that I finally opened my copy of the original that I never got around to), and am now playing through Ever Oasis. Thinking I might dig into Dragon Quest VIII next? Idk. I like 11 S well enough but never loved it. Also considering Rhythm Heaven (though I'd need to download it).

I have a few 3DS games I still never opened that I picked up on sale or whatnot. Kirby Planet Robobot, Final Fantasy Explorers (I barely remember what that even is), Fantasy Life, and a few others. Maybe I'll use Kirby as a break between all the RPGs
FFE is monster Hunter but FF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom