• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST Oct. 2021|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does the framerate of the main game get better after the first level? I liked the gameplay but hated the tech side of things.
Mmm... Not really, admittedly. The frame rate still tanks in later sections, especially when a lot of enemies/effects are on the screen. And the resolution is always fuzzy (for me, since I play in handheld mode, anyway). But for someone who isn't picky with resolution or frame rate, it didn't bother me that much! (I did still notice it sometimes tho haha)

To all yall who responded, thanks! My unique ability to recognize Orlando Bloom is noted, if a little disconcerting.

And @Sus I have to say, while I never got a chance to fit it in I did have something in mind I was gonna say to the effect of "at least it wasn't called Pikmin Pace because then my photoshop woulda been dangerous" and I just thought you should know that. 👍

To all yall who responded, thanks! My unique ability to recognize Orlando Bloom is noted, if a little disconcerting.

And @Sus I have to say, while I never got a chance to fit it in I did have something in mind I was gonna say to the effect of "at least it wasn't called Pikmin Pace because then my photoshop woulda been dangerous" and I just thought you should know that. 👍
that one’ll live rent free in my head for a long time – THANK you

How long did the story DLC take you to beat?
About three hours, not including going out of my way to complete all Memory Quests (the three optional challenges in each scenario). I'll admit, I was expecting a bit more. I thought the "Guardian of Rememberance" scenario would start the next part of the DLC plot...but there is no other plot. That was the "final battle," if you will. I like what we got, but I still can't help feeling a bit bummed!

I've waited almost a whole year for this and I finished it in a night LOL

This site is absolutely not slow for a forum in 2021, lmao. Y'all are just spoiled from Era, trust me. Most other discussion boards on the internet are lucky to get ten new posts a day.
It's actually very active for a forum that is mostly focused on one platform.

Well after about a day of playing with the N64 and Genesis controllers all I can say is good lord I remember the N64 controller handling a lot better than it does. I was getting my ass handed to me by the AI on MK64 and wanted to switch back to the pro controller. Genesis controller plays really smooth with the Genesis games. I actually thought I would enjoy the N64 controller a lot and dislike the Genesis controller since it wasn't the 6 button one. Oh well I'm really enjoying OoT. I haven't really noticed any issues except some places at night I can't see very well. I'm going to hate the fact iron boots won't be an item in this version.

It's actually very active for a forum that is mostly focused on one platform.
Two platforms, if you think about it.
1. Nintendo
2. The ş̸͒h̶̗͓́̾̋i̶̝̐̃̆t̸͉͎͈̓̐̑p̶̛̻̼̽õ̴̜̞̑̉ș̵̍̔͝t̴̨͍̂ ̵̬̅̈ͅ ̷̯̗̺́̏͠à̴̞̀̂b̸̻̲̈̄̎y̴̢̡͈͗ș̸̰͒̐͝š̸̟̠̰̆̇

Ideally, I'd love to do a live show a couple of times a month -- just chatting, answering questions. Kind of like a call-in radio show. Address a big topic of the day or week and then engage with the audience.
Nate the Hate: Interrelate

91fef954-85cf-47f2-bd5b-819c4c235f82_text.gif

As 2021 is wrapping up for me in terms of gaming, with SMT V being the only game left I'm looking forward to, I can't help but already be in awe of next year's lineup.

Pokémon Legends, Triangle Strategy, Advance Wars, Kirby, Splatoon 3, Bayonetta 3, BotW 2 (maybe), plus rumoured stuff like Prime Remastered/Remake? And that's not even counting games on other platforms, such as Elden Ring.

Bonkers.

Edit: Forgot Sunbreak, smh.

As 2021 is wrapping up for me in terms of gaming, with SMT V being the only game left I'm looking forward to, I can't help but already be in awe of next year's lineup.

Pokémon Legends, Triangle Strategy, Advance Wars, Kirby, Splatoon 3, Bayonetta 3, BotW 2 (maybe), plus rumoured stuff like Prime Remastered/Remake? And that's not even counting games on other platforms, such as Elden Ring.

Bonkers.

Edit: Forgot Sunbreak, smh.
And we probably don’t know or suspect a lot yet. 2022 going to give every other Switch year a run for its money.

proud to report that I have 69 pikmin

wait, what do you mean the app isn't out in europe yet? what have i been play... oh. ooooh.

2022's lineup makes me really glad 2021 has been a relatively light year for me in new releases on all platforms. Even in just the first few months there are so many games I'm eyeing, I don't think my wallet would've been able to take two loaded years back-to-back...

Personally I'm glad I'm not a huge fan of Pokemon, because right now January and February 2022 are set aside as 'catching up' months. Eastward, Toem, Castlevania Advance Collection, Death's Door, KOTOR... that'd be a good set of things to catch up on early next year ahead of Triangle Strategy in March and hopefully Advance Wars in April.

Advance Wars releasing so close to Triangle Strategy means it will not be a day 1 purchase for me. I'll definitely get it later during a (for me) less busy period, though.

Staff Communication
Staff Communication
Hi folks

This morning the team received a report regarding an inappropriate “joke” of a sexual nature made in this thread. This is in fact not the first post of that nature we have had to action in recent weeks.

We have also had formal and informal correspondence with users generally describing - and rightly in our opinion - concerns with a boys club mentality and latent sexism growing on the forum. We would like to take a moment and state very clearly to the community the discomfort we feel with this kind of content on the board and that it is completely at odds with our community’s values and will be moderated accordingly. This community wants to be inclusive and fun for everyone and these kinds of posts are counterproductive to that end.

Going forward moderation encourages users to consider these points carefully when making a post. The team is committed to giving the community a safe space to succeed and make mistakes, and to learn from those mistakes and grow, but there are very clear lines to ensure that safe space.

- Donnie, Mazi, BozPaggs, Chaotic Neutral

Staff Communication
Hi folks

This morning the team received a report regarding an inappropriate “joke” of a sexual nature made in this thread. This is in fact not the first post of that nature we have had to action in recent weeks.

We have also had formal and informal correspondence with users generally describing - and rightly in our opinion - concerns with a boys club mentality and latent sexism growing on the forum. We would like to take a moment and state very clearly to the community the discomfort we feel with this kind of content on the board and that it is completely at odds with our community’s values and will be moderated accordingly. This community wants to be inclusive and fun for everyone and these kinds of posts are counterproductive to that end.

Going forward moderation encourages users to consider these points carefully when making a post. The team is committed to giving the community a safe space to succeed and make mistakes, and to learn from those mistakes and grow, but there are very clear lines to ensure that safe space.

- Donnie, Mazi, BozPaggs, Chaotic Neutral
Sorry, I don’t want the offending joke restated or anything like that, but I did want to ask: is there a hard/fast rule as to where the line is? Like for example, @Imitatio said they had 69 Pikmin and made a joke that they were accidentally playing something else. Is that over the line? I’m not trying to be a “just asking questions” jerk, just genuinely trying to figure out where to draw the line.

Edit: I found the post in question: oh yeah, that was over the line. Okay! Nevermind haha

Sorry, I don’t want the offending joke restated or anything like that, but I did want to ask: is there a hard/fast rule as to where the line is? Like for example, @Imitatio said they had 69 Pikmin and made a joke that they were accidentally playing something else. Is that over the line? I’m not trying to be a “just asking questions” jerk, just genuinely trying to figure out where to draw the line.
I'd like to know as well, for obvious reasons, hah!

Thankfully you can see the banned users list, and pretty directly find the offending post. I get why that one was over the line! I think your 69 Pikmin joke is probably fine haha
Oh, I hope so. I saw the other post, and yeah, I feel there's quite a bit of difference, lol.
But I also don't want to contribute to a less inviting thread culture, so if anyone found my joke to be inappropriate already, then I'd definitiely like to apologise!

Just a real quick response here but if people want to discuss it further or think the staff stance is problematic or should be changed in some ways, let’s take it up in the moderation feedback thread in R&D so we don’t derail this thread.

There is a - in my opinion very clear - line between making jokes that are sexual in nature and jokes of that kind which incorporate minors, making light of sexual harassment or violence (if nothing else, statistics will tell you that there will be victims reading your posts) or generally lean into sexism.

It might also bear mentioning that all moderation decisions can be appealed via the tickets system and will be reviewed.

Just a real quick response here but if people want to discuss it further or think the staff stance is problematic or should be changed in some ways, let’s take it up in the moderation feedback thread in R&D so we don’t derail this thread.

There is a - in my opinion very clear - line between making jokes that are sexual in nature and jokes of that kind which incorporate minors, making light of sexual harassment or violence (if nothing else, statistics will tell you that there will be victims reading your posts) or generally lean into sexism.

It might also bear mentioning that all moderation decisions can be appealed via the tickets system and will be reviewed.
Honestly now that I saw the post in question, it’s open-and-shut. I think the mods made the right call on it.

Unlocked the Dread design in Tetris 99. I missed so many of the cups and associated themes, smh. The WarioWare one is still GOAT.

Your weird
inhales deeply

no u

Do y'all remember the whole "miracle games" rumor? I wonder if the recent Goldeneye news is linked to that.
It haunts my every waking moment and now I'm assuming every announcement is a miracle to the point nothing can be.

Although a GoldenEye return would be pretty miraculous, to me it didn't sound like Nate knew of N64 on NSO back when he first staked claim on this miracle game, unless it is the remake that was completed on Xbox and would incorporate crossplay with Switch

Do y'all remember the whole "miracle games" rumor? I wonder if the recent Goldeneye news is linked to that.
That could make sense though the only reservation in my mind was the miracles were supposed to be in 2020, and I'm not sure if Goldeneye could have ever been realistically slated for 2020 if it's presumably coming in 2022.

I still maintain Dread was the first party miracle though.

That could make sense though the only reservation in my mind was the miracles were supposed to be in 2020, and I'm not sure if Goldeneye could have ever been realistically slated for 2020 if it's presumably coming in 2022.

I still maintain Dread was the first party miracle though.
If a full-blown 2D Metroid sequel to a GBA title isn’t a miracle in the year of our Arceus 2021, I don’t know what could be.

Splatoon 3 will be once again the summer game I think.
Splatoon feels like summer to me now. (Hopefully it’s their May game, because I can’t wait!)

I’m a little disappointed with Arlo for how he’s handling the NSO thing. It seems like he didn’t like the price increase and since then has been determined to dislike everything about the service.
I think you hit the nail on the head, and I don’t just mean when it comes to Arlo. I think a lot of the overreaction was because people wanted to have stuff to complain about when their outrage didn’t cause a price change.

The games media/influencers are just jumping on the trend because negativity and clickbait titles and descriptions, not truth or positivity, is what drives engagement.

Hell yeah, my N64 monstrosity has been delivered! As soon as I get back home I can indulge in all the nostalgia I can handle!
Congrats! Mine was suppose to be delivered yesterday and didn’t show up. No surprise considering I haven’t gotten a shipment update since it left the distribution center in Washington.

So yesterday I discovered there were Canadians in this community, and today I find the British.
No wonder I like it so much here. ❤️
For real. All it apparently takes is a few Canadians, some Brits, and a couple Germans to keep people from screeching at each other. I’m from the US, but I’m pretty sure the other 49 states think we’re South Canadia.

Did you buy it or can you preload it of you have the Expansion Pack?

Edit: If you have the Expansion Pack, you can download it for free already.
Oh sweet. Thanks for the heads up! 😄

Sorry for the random off-topic but last night I made that picture of Orlando Pikmin Bloom and nobody said anything and I was kinda like "aww dang," but I just now sent it to a friend of mine who adores Orlando Bloom and she literally didn't know who it was at first because she says I picked a photo that doesn't look like him? Which baffles me.

Anyway just to put my mind at rest, could I get a show of hands from those of you who saw it, did yall even know who it was? 😅
I was like, “why Mando?” But within a few seconds it all clicked who it actually was. Found the picture funny, though!

Unlocked the Dread design in Tetris 99. I missed so many of the cups and associated themes, smh. The WarioWare one is still GOAT.
They have had a “catch up” cup a time or two, so hopefully they do that again. I missed the mario golf theme and want that to complete the set.

The thing about Switch-Era Nintendo is it feels like they're going through a checklist of "Nintendo fan dreams".

• Banjo, Sora, Ridley, King K. Rool and Simon Belmont in Smash Bros? Check!
  • Pokemon Snap sequel? Check!
  • Grand Theft Auto on a portable Nintendo system? Check!
  • Most of the Final Fantasy games on a portable Nintendo system? Check!
  • New 2D and New 3D Metroid? Check!
  • Advance Wars? Check! Clubhouse Games? Check!
  • Fully 3D Kirby? Check!
  • Monster Hunter? Check! Dragon Quest? Check!
  • Bioshock? Skyrim? Diablo? Crash Bandicoot? Spyro? Check! Check! Check! Check! Check!

I'm very intrigued to see how 2023-2024 plays out. When the Switch era does come to an end, I think it'll end with a bang. There's one 2023-24 game, in particular, that I can't wait to see the internet's reactions to.

When you consider both first party and third party content (including indies), Switch's software library is just insane at this point.

The thing about Switch-Era Nintendo is it feels like they're going through a checklist of "Nintendo fan dreams".

• Fully 3D Kirby? Check!
  • Bioshock? Skyrim? Diablo? Crash Bandicoot? Spyro? Check! Check! Check! Check! Check!

I'm very intrigued to see how 2023-2024 plays out. When the Switch era does come to an end, I think it'll end with a bang. There's one 2023-24 game, in particular, that I can't wait to see the internet's reactions to.

When you consider both first party and third party content (including indies), Switch's software library is just insane at this point.

Interesting. So you see base switch making it to 2024? Just curious because that's what I've been expecting for a while, but the entire "4K switch" narrative seems to be about how a successor is imminent.

This site is absolutely not slow for a forum in 2021, lmao. Y'all are just spoiled from Era, trust me. Most other discussion boards on the internet are lucky to get ten new posts a day.
Exactly. I am a moderator of the BDSP section on PokeCommunity and lucky to even see any posts. That site has been around for YEARS and isn't near as active as it used to be. I was an off and on again member of the community, but lost any old usernames and emails.

Sooo

Forums > Discord, fight me. I'll always prefer this mode over Discord or any IM system.

Last edited:
Interesting. So you see base switch making it to 2024? Just curious because that's what I've been expecting for a while, but the entire "4K switch" narrative seems to be about how a successor is imminent.
2023-2024 sounds like a good ballpark for successor to be announced and released. Probably Fall 2023 or Spring 2024 for the successor. This probably will be a crossgen game like the Zeldas.

@Emily , do you still believe in an original Star Fox game on Switch? What about Pikmin 4? Those probably will "close the cycle" for many Nintendo fans, I suppose

There's one 2023-24 game, in particular, that I can't wait to see the internet's reactions to.

Is it safe to say that this game could “break” the internet? Maybe something that rhymes with “soprano” that will “break” us and “trigger” a mass hysteria?

It’s the hope for Chrono that will be the end of me.

• Fully 3D Kirby? Check!

in my mind: This is very interesting, I wonder what it could be

in my heart: WARIO LAND CONFIRMED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom