• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST Oct. 2021|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Site Events Planning
  • Howdy Fami,

With the Halloween Event being such a big success, I (and the rest of the staff) have been cooking up some ideas for future events.

One event that I'd like to get going by the end of the month is a Mario Kart 64 Tournament, to celebrate the arrival of the N64 Switch Online. We need some help though! If you have any experience in running tournaments (organizing entries, brackets, all that fun stuff), please let me know. An Event Organizer badge is yours if you wish to help. It's important that we get this right, because there might be a prize for the tournament winners....

In addition to that, we're planning some events for the next few months so I need some feedback for the following questions:

• Which games do you think define the GameCube (or just are your favorites), and would like to see part of a site event?
    • What Nintendo games do you think of when you think of winter/Christmas/the holidays? What games, series, themes etc would you like to see in such an event?
    I've been having a blast putting this stuff together and can't wait to see your thoughts.

EDIT: If you'd rather put your thoughts somewhere other than this thread so it doesn't get lost, you can do so here.

Last edited:
    poll about moving to a monthly system for the general threads
  • i understand this might be a bit annoying since we had a poll a few days ago, but some users have suggested that maybe we should try another one, this time to see if people are in favor of making the Nintendo General Discussion threads monthly, so each month we move to a new thread. if the majority agree, we'll move on to a new thread made by @Derachi at the start of November.

some arguments in favor of going monthly:
    FWIW I voted 200 pages too, I think monthly would be much better than 400 pages. It'll revitalize the thread each month with a new OP, new title, it'll be something very fun to look forward to at the start of the month.
    Monthly threads make the most sense to me.

Also makes it easier to give threads themes.
    Maybe a little late for this contribution, but I like the idea of monthly general discussion threads. Just feels like a nice demarcation line between discussions.
    I voted for 200 because it's different from Era. But, I also feel like 400 is too big of a limit. On smaller OTs they would last years before getting another OT. Monthly thread would also be nice because things would stay relevant.
    I voted for 400 but would be down for monthly just so tried and true Team February can be resolute in our victory when a direct happens again.

please use the poll to tell us what you think.

poll concluded
  • hi everyone! the results of yesterday's poll are in, and the majority are in favor of a monthly system for these threads:

screenshot2021-10-26az9jyg.png

thanks for participating. this thread has been renamed, and from now on we'll move on to a new thread at the start of every month, with the next thread being |ST2 Nov. 2021| by @Derachi

Staff Communication
  • Staff Communication
    Hi folks

This morning the team received a report regarding an inappropriate “joke” of a sexual nature made in this thread. This is in fact not the first post of that nature we have had to action in recent weeks.

We have also had formal and informal correspondence with users generally describing - and rightly in our opinion - concerns with a boys club mentality and latent sexism growing on the forum. We would like to take a moment and state very clearly to the community the discomfort we feel with this kind of content on the board and that it is completely at odds with our community’s values and will be moderated accordingly. This community wants to be inclusive and fun for everyone and these kinds of posts are counterproductive to that end.

Going forward moderation encourages users to consider these points carefully when making a post. The team is committed to giving the community a safe space to succeed and make mistakes, and to learn from those mistakes and grow, but there are very clear lines to ensure that safe space.

- Donnie, Mazi, BozPaggs, Chaotic Neutral

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Back
    Top Bottom