• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST Oct. 2021|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, the perception of Tom Nook as a ruthless businessman has always seemed ridiculous to me. I've heard it argued that the fact you can't say no to expansion and therefore debt is predatory, but how can an interest free debt in a creditless financial system even be predatory? If anything Tom Nook is a complete idiot.
Don't forget that money also literally grows on trees

With all this talk about Nintendo's approach to the role of story, achievements, Weeb appeal, it just goes to show how they really are in their own space, and it is a space I prefer. Those "proper" gamers may want Nintendo to become more like everyone else, but that's dull and in many ways inferior. I mean is anyone really celebrating Nintendo belatedly joining the pack in pushing games with bullshit MTX. That's something where we'd all preferred they'd stayed in the stone age. If I had to choose between Nintendo becoming more niche and losing sales bragging rights and Nintendo going "mainstream" I'll take the former. Might even be better since they wouldn't be so damn cocky.

I bought this telephone card from japan:
vaGTp1D.jpg

Apparently this one was handed out to blood donors in the Gunma prefecture? It says Thank You for your cooperation, Gunma Life Insurance Association or something to that affect.
vySneKl.jpg

Thought I would share.

Site Events Planning
Howdy Fami,

With the Halloween Event being such a big success, I (and the rest of the staff) have been cooking up some ideas for future events.

One event that I'd like to get going by the end of the month is a Mario Kart 64 Tournament, to celebrate the arrival of the N64 Switch Online. We need some help though! If you have any experience in running tournaments (organizing entries, brackets, all that fun stuff), please let me know. An Event Organizer badge is yours if you wish to help. It's important that we get this right, because there might be a prize for the tournament winners....

In addition to that, we're planning some events for the next few months so I need some feedback for the following questions:

• Which games do you think define the GameCube (or just are your favorites), and would like to see part of a site event?
  • What Nintendo games do you think of when you think of winter/Christmas/the holidays? What games, series, themes etc would you like to see in such an event?
I've been having a blast putting this stuff together and can't wait to see your thoughts.

EDIT: If you'd rather put your thoughts somewhere other than this thread so it doesn't get lost, you can do so here.

Last edited:
Howdy Fami,

With the Halloween Event being such a big success, I (and the rest of the staff) have been cooking up some ideas for future events.

One event that I'd like to get going by the end of the month is a Mario Kart 64 Tournament, to celebrate the arrival of the N64 Switch Online. We need some help though! If you have any experience in running tournaments (organizing entries, brackets, all that fun stuff), please let me know. An Event Organizer badge is yours if you wish to help. It's important that we get this right, because there might be a prize for the tournament winners....

In addition to that, we're planning some events for the next few months so I need some feedback for the following questions:

• Which games do you think define the GameCube (or just are your favorites), and would like to see part of a site event?
  • What Nintendo games do you think of when you think of winter/Christmas/the holidays? What games, series, themes etc would you like to see in such an event?
I've been having a blast putting this stuff together and can't wait to see your thoughts.
Megaman X Command mission, Sunshine, rogue squadron 2/3, custom Robo, Beaten Kaitos, and Wario World probably

For Christmas? Banjo Kazooie um…. Custom Robo maybe?

Yeah, the perception of Tom Nook as a ruthless businessman has always seemed ridiculous to me. I've heard it argued that the fact you can't say no to expansion and therefore debt is predatory, but how can an interest free debt in a creditless financial system even be predatory? If anything Tom Nook is a complete idiot.
I mean, he makes enough to not only buy several store fronts, houses and other buildings but several private islands.
You can question his business practices but not his results.

Howdy Fami,

I'm waiting for next weekend to jump in but so far I want so many of those badges. Such a great idea!

Personally I'd love a Jingle (Animal Crossing "Santa" stand-in) badge for December.

Howdy Fami,

EDIT: If you'd rather put your thoughts somewhere other than this thread so it doesn't get lost, you can do so here.

An old forum I used to venture to had a MK64 competition, could use it as a reference?

An old forum I used to venture to had a MK64 competition, could use it as a reference?

I like this, but would prefer to have multiple brackets of 4 players, since it will be online-enabled, after all.

Preferably, win results can be posted using the video/screenshot feature of the Switch.

Howdy Fami,

Oh man, I'll suck ass at MK64 but I'll happily join a tourney. Speaking of Mario Kart tourneys, is there an official one set up online in MK8D for FamiBoards?

As for favourite Gamecube games, I wish we could do community matchups of Custom Robo

It's insane that all these years later I still watch videos about BOTW. It truly was a special game
I can't believe after all this time we're still getting videos of people finding new ways to traverse or defeat enemies. The physics system in that game allows for some absolutely insane maneuvers. It feels like Minecraft in that I dunno if we'll ever see the end of people finding new ways to do things.

I can't believe after all this time we're still getting videos of people finding new ways to traverse or defeat enemies. The physics system in that game allows for some absolutely insane maneuvers. It feels like Minecraft in that I dunno if we'll ever see the end of people finding new ways to do things.
Literally just yesterday I learned there's a barrier around the final boss if you try to run away
I mean it makes sense obviously, but there's just so much new stuff to still see in this game

Literally just yesterday I learned there's a barrier around the final boss if you try to run away
I mean it makes sense obviously, but there's just so much new stuff to still see in this game
My boyfriend has been playing the game for over 560 hours (probably closer to 570 at this point) and he still finds new things. I put in a good 90 hours myself and sometimes I watch him play and think "wait where the hell is this?" It's wild how much is packed into that game.

I remember telling a friend of mine about the Goron golf course and his mind was blown away. He had been playing the game for hundreds of hours and never seen it. It was amusing to see.

Howdy Fami,

For Gamecube I would say: Luigis Mansion, Super Mario Sunshine, Star Wars Rogue Squadron 2,Pikmin

Winter is for me Zelda OoT. Or Zelda games in general.

Dinraal flies over it in the morning.

Beneath Tabantha Bridge.
OH. THAT minigame. I was confused for a second but yeah, I did that. I had trouble with it. 😅

I think the goron golf course is literally the last thing I found in the game lol. Like literally on the way to getting my 120 shrine reward if I recall. It was near that temple right?

Still not ringing a bell, I'll not open the game now just to make sure but on my next run (probably before BoTW2) I'll make sure to go after.
Thanks for the tip. This game has so much stuff to explore.

I loved the whole Tabantha canyon area; the first time I explored it, it really drove home the sheer vertical scale of the game to me, perhaps more so than the mountains. Walking all the way at the bottom of the canyon is like an entirely different world than at the top of it.

Howdy Fami,

Melee is the most iconic GC game for me. Plus, I would actually be able to participate in an online event because of Slippi! So that's exciting.

Other iconic GC games for me are Double Dash, Luigi's Mansion, Sunshine and, of course, Metroid Prime

I had a dream last night that I was playing Banjo Kazooie on my Switch. What a sad life I live.
I have had that exact dream before. After a Pokemon Snap 2, Banjo-Kazooie on the Switch has been my dream game.

rewatching the animal crossing direct

I am SO excited, fam you do not even UNDERSTAND

I already rewatched it 4 times and I keep discovering new things, haha. Such a fun Direct! I still need to plan in some time to clean up my island before the 5th though. That’s gonna be a long session.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom