• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo eShop |ST July 2023|

Joedev

Shriekbat
3QUgOLZ.png

UlU4mn4.png

X7gopNd.png

Jul 07 The Legend of Heroes: Trails into Reverie, Jul 13 Atelier Marie Remake: The Alchemist of Salburg, Jul 21 Pikmin 4

iMpiPPa.png

617a7a57bb6dbb5fcaaf784729ae3f87490b807c2b997979a079341a25e82ffb

Jul 12 - OXENFREE II: Lost Signals

97c4a0a4724f5e58c7d7469774eaf0037174a24b68326d69fbc8d6342f6a8bd3

Jul 13 - Manic Mechanics

ss_d83f413bc07a7ca8bbb3791542bc8e96d9bd6362.1920x1080.jpg

Jul 18 - Ember Knights

ss_06a12ff29f370d0519ee8c756159e68832b608fd.1920x1080.jpg

Jul 18 - UFO: Unidentified Falling Objects

295f81731f15a0863e9f7302daee90aa147c033ac3ce8771b057e1a206f02cd3

Jul 20 - Might & Magic - Clash of Heroes : Definitive Edition

848acb50d3220d1980231caec7564bd70571c3c19be885d51af7cb9786d1b99c

Jul 25 - Mr. Run and Jump

f2498d9eb3e6d84e2a7e704b48b171b7f9014a309fe2ca67291b7bfb201b0b21

Jul 27 - Double Dragon Gaiden: Rise of the Dragons

eb2c14ac716cfe9f12824b58d408d951061dc88f75f7fb06f8d45f41b07b52eb

Jul 28 - Disney Illusion Island

fbbc24eaad960f3ca30901236fc3ce60ebfee05a0292ae30732a512366532841

Jul 31 - Venba

Releaes.png
americaseuropenqsjo.png

Jul 01 Bruxa
Jul 01 Sokoball Dreams
Jul 03 Silent Paws
Jul 05 EchoBlade
Jul 06 - Stuck With Naughty Housewives - あまあま人妻包囲網
Jul 06 Bunker 21 Extended Edition
Jul 06 Calculator Maker : My Calculator
Jul 06 City Limits
Jul 06 Family Jigsaw Puzzle: Classic Mosaic Puzzles
Jul 06 Garlic
Jul 06 Gimmick! Special Edition
Jul 06 House Flipper: Mega Pack
Jul 06 House Flipper: Pets Bundle
Jul 06 Illusion
Jul 06 Medal of Guardians
Jul 06 Mountain Climb Driver: Real Physics Arcade Racing
Jul 06 Necrosmith
Jul 06 Paint Ball
Jul 06 Pinball FX
Jul 06 Rainbow Snake
Jul 06 RichMan 4 Fun
Jul 06 Sandream
Jul 06 Sentimental Death Loop
Jul 06 The Past Within
Jul 06 Zombie Town
Jul 07 Feeble Light
Jul 07 Full Quiet
Jul 07 Super Box Delivery: Beyond the Horizon
Jul 07 Swords & Bones 2
Jul 07 Tad the Lost Explorer. Craziest and Madness Edition
Jul 07 The Legend of Heroes: Trails into Reverie
Jul 07 The Legend of Heroes: Trails into Reverie Deluxe Edition
Jul 08 Amaze! Relax Edition
Jul 08 Dig Deep: Chunky Edition
Jul 08 Mystical Mixing: Complete Edition
--
Jul 12 OXENFREE II: Lost Signals
Jul 12 Touhou: New World
Jul 13 Atelier Marie Remake: The Alchemist of Salburg
Jul 13 Atelier Marie Remake: The Alchemist of Salburg Digital Deluxe Edition
Jul 13 Chaos Galaxy
Jul 13 Crafting Block World: Magic Dungeons Adventure
Jul 13 Football Cup 2023
Jul 13 Manic Mechanics
Jul 13 Strike Team Gladius
--
Jul 18 Ember Knights
Jul 18 LISA: The Definitive Edition
Jul 18 LISA: The Joyful - Definitive Edition
Jul 18 LISA: The Painful - Definitive Edition
Jul 18 Madshot
Jul 18 UFO: Unidentified Falling Objects
Jul 19 Agriculture
Jul 19 Cramped Room of Death
Jul 19 Haunted Hell House
Jul 19 Spirit Hunters: Infinite Horde
Jul 19 Wathitdew Record Game Studio BATTLEFIELD
Jul 20 Armored Lab Force VULVEHICLES
Jul 20 Might & Magic - Clash of Heroes : Definitive Edition
Jul 20 NOBUNAGA'S AMBITION: Awakening
Jul 20 NOBUNAGA'S AMBITION: Awakening Digital Deluxe Edition
Jul 20 Punch a Bunch
Jul 20 Sailing Era
Jul 21 Pikmin 4
--
Jul 25 Magic Exposure - Yuri Visual Novel
Jul 25 Mr. Run and Jump
Jul 26 Super Intern Story
Jul 27 Double Dragon Gaiden: Rise of the Dragons
Jul 27 Luna & Monsters Tower Defense -The deprived magical kingdom-
Jul 27 PixelJunk Scrappers Deluxe
Jul 27 Radiant Tale
Jul 27 Sword & Fairy Inn 2
Jul 28 Disney Illusion Island
--
Jul 31 Rise of the Triad: Ludicrous Edition
Jul 31 Venba

Previous Threads

Nov. 2021
Dec. 2021
Jan. 2022
Feb. 2022
Mar. 2022
Apr. 2022
May 2022
Jun. 2022
Jul. 2022
Aug. 2022
Sep. 2022
Oct. 2022
Nov. 2022
Dec. 2022
Jan. 2023
Feb. 2023
Mar. 2023
Apr. 2023
May 2023
June 2023

Ah new thread. I’ve got plenty to play and I’m not hunting pickups. Heck need to organize a list of major releases I want for the rest of the year. Contemplating Gunbarich, Cleopatra fortune and maybe elevator action returns out of the current city connect sale

Sorry for the late thread this month.

It's no surprise, but the Pikmin 4 demo has been a big hit in my house, so that is a very likely purchase. I also played the demo of Unidentified Falling Objects on Steam recently and it is a really great Arcade/Puzzle game that I am really looking forward to. Ember Knights also looks like it would be a fun co-op roguelike to play with my kids.

What are you all most looking forward to?

It's been 26 years, but finally people will be able to experience the beginning of the Atelier series!

Also Vulvehicles is part of the Vulkaiser series, there is a demo and it's actually decent

Sure:
Atelier Marie
Trails into Reverie
Double Dragon Gaiden
Nobunaga's Ambition Awakening
Sailing Era
Clash of Heroes
Rise of the Triad

Maybe:
Disney's Illusion Island (sounds like not a game for single play)
PixelJunk Scrappers
Toho New World
Manic Mechanics (also doesn't look like a single play game)

Yeah, I'm skipping Pikmin 4 hard. Made a huge mistake last month and got Pikmin 1-2. Nah, I still feel the same. Games are boring as hell. I don't know why I'm the only one feels that way but there are just too few games in the whole gaming world I don't like and somehow Pikmin is one of them. Keeping track of those little critters is just not fun...

It's Pikmin 4 month for me, so yeah I'm probably not getting anything else this month. Excepting sales, of course.

For sure getting:

Atelier Marie Remake. Probably the last Atelier game I'll get, unless we get more remakes of the other Salburg games and the Gramnad ones (think those are timer games too). Also don't think I'll get it on Switch, the regional pricing is really bad on the eshop and I really want the digital deluxe edition for Marie Plus so I'll most likely get it on Steam.

Pikmin 4. Still have to play the demo, but is something I'll end up playing even if I end up being disappointed by it.

Most likely getting at some point:
Gimmick
Might and Magic Clash of Heroes
Mr. Run and Jump

Interested in:
Disney Illusion Island

Just Pikmin 4. The demo sold me. I unfortunately have to cut back on spending so nothing else for me this month.

Thanks as always for the great thread @Joedev! I cannot wait for Pikmin 4 but resisting the demo and continuing my media blackout in favor of knowing as little as possible. I'm also glad to see Gimmick! finally get a re-release. Always wanted to try it.

Didnt see it in the main post but Gravity Circuit would probably be my only get this month and that's still up in the air. However, it looks really cool.

Wound up getting Elevator action returns and Gunbarich in the city connect sales. Passed on cleopatra fortune for now

Clash of Heroes for me, fantastic game.

Keen to see reviews of that new Double Dragon game too.

Pikmin is the big one for me this month. I'm 50/50 on getting the Disney game at launch.

Sephonie is releasing next week. It's by the developers of Anodyne 1 and 2.

Damn. August looks great.

Vampire Survivors
Sea of Stars
Bomb Rush Cyberfunk
Blasphemous 2
WrestleQuest

sooo psyched Sephonie is coming out finally, I’d played the demo on PC a couple years back but decided to wait for the inevitable switch release—really fascinating game. and it’s priced at $20 US even though it originally launched at 30 which is nice. probably won’t get to play it for a couple weeks but that’s an easy day one purchase for me regardless—some of my fav devs in the world

for those who haven't seen it, it's a really cool combo of 3D platforming and grid-based puzzle sections, wrapped in earthy low-poly visuals and a (from what little I've played) nicely grounded-in-reality sci-fi story. here's an old trailer:

also: Rain World's big DLC came out on Switch and other consoles yesterday:

as much as I love the game, the original is maybe a bit too perfect (and also exhausting) for me to really want five additional tweaked variants of it. I know it's quite a huge expansion with some big changes, and the mechanics in the base game are so deep and complex that it makes sense to have more space to explore them, but I'm not sure I'll play it anytime soon lol... but! the original game is on a deep sale rn too, and everyone should give it a shot

Unfortunately UFO got delayed to August. I'm really looking forward to this one. There is a demo on Steam and I had a ton of fun with it.

I've also really gotten hooked on Shovel Knight Pocket Dungeon. I intended to just briefly check out the new DLC update that released, but it has got it's claws in me good. It didn't really gel with me when I first tried it, but I think the mechanics of it have finally clicked and I'm having a lot of fun with it. There is so much content here, especially considering the DLC adds several unique runs for each of the 15 different characters you can play as. I've managed a full victory with 2 of the Knights, but they all play differently, and you really do have to take advantage of their unique traits to give yourself the best chance. It's not something I can manage all at once, but I am going to try to beat it with every character. Feels like a fun goal to slowly chip away at between other bigger games. It's not on sale currently, but it does drop to $9.99 occasionally and I would highly recommend it at that price.

Not sure if many see this but JB mentioned Braid anniversary edition on Twitter a few weeks back, seems it’s set for a late 2023/early 2024 release

This game is amazing.
And I'll finally get to play it! I haven't had a gaming PC in over ten years. The Switch has a pretty good selection of puzzle games, but getting access to even more has been the main reason I've considered getting a Steam Deck.

Thanks @Joedev for the SKPD thoughts, I keep thinking when I finally get around to playing it I'm really going to dig that game.

What are these LISA games that are on Switch? There appears to be 2 of them but they both came out today?
Supposedly good indie game but the devs had to remove racism and a 12 year old drinking alcohol and taking pills to soda and taking joy instead in the console releases, sooooo I am staying away from the game since they were so chill with including the racism the first time. Child doing drugs and alcohol too but at least they could argue they're doing social commentary with that. Can't argue that with the black man doing monkey sounds and the red lips.

Edit: I guess I should clarify the devs do say the game is supposed to make you uncomfortable and question why you feel the way you feel and but naw Im good.

When will Pikmin 4 go live? 12 est? If I preordered when will it let me play?

Supposedly good indie game but the devs had to remove racism and a 12 year old drinking alcohol and taking pills to soda and taking joy instead in the console releases, sooooo I am staying away from the game since they were so chill with including the racism the first time. Child doing drugs and alcohol too but at least they could argue they're doing social commentary with that. Can't argue that with the black man doing monkey sounds and the red lips.

Edit: I guess I should clarify the devs do say the game is supposed to make you uncomfortable and question why you feel the way you feel and but naw Im good.

Sounds…..odd to say the least, never even heard of the game until now and my initial thoughts were it was some kind of Undertale clone.

Yeah, I'm skipping Pikmin 4 hard. Made a huge mistake last month and got Pikmin 1-2. Nah, I still feel the same. Games are boring as hell. I don't know why I'm the only one feels that way but there are just too few games in the whole gaming world I don't like and somehow Pikmin is one of them. Keeping track of those little critters is just not fun...

The games get much denser with 3 and especially now 4. I'd at least look at the demo, ignore the amount of text (Im sure later levels will not have that) and not judge based on 1 and 2. Those are really limited.

lol I had purchased Sephonie at full price when it came out on friday but I'm now seeing it's on an introductory 20% off sale—looking at dekudeals it doesn't even look like it had ever not been on sale, including on friday, so I'm wondering how I managed to pay full price? I actually called nintendo's customer service for the first time just to see if they could give me my four bucks back lol but just got the usual "no eshop refunds" line—the guy also said something like "if you think it's gonna go on sale you should wait to buy it." sure thing lmao.
probably a publisher issue if anything and I didn't mind paying full price anyway but I think it's a weird situation! never seen it happen before I don't think

lol I had purchased Sephonie at full price when it came out on friday but I'm now seeing it's on an introductory 20% off sale—looking at dekudeals it doesn't even look like it had ever not been on sale, including on friday, so I'm wondering how I managed to pay full price? I actually called nintendo's customer service for the first time just to see if they could give me my four bucks back lol but just got the usual "no eshop refunds" line—the guy also said something like "if you think it's gonna go on sale you should wait to buy it." sure thing lmao.
probably a publisher issue if anything and I didn't mind paying full price anyway but I think it's a weird situation! never seen it happen before I don't think
That's a shame. It looks like Dekudeals has it at the full price a day prior to the release, so it may have been selling for the fill price for some hours and then received the discount later on the release day.

Have you played the game yet and if so, how is it? It's a somewhat strange mix of genres that I happen to like, so I'm curious to hear some impressions. At least Steam reviews seem to be positive!

Last edited:
Have you played the game yet and if so, hiw is it? It's a somewhat strange mix of genres that I happen to like, so I'm curious to hear some impressions. At least Steam reviews seem to be positive!
I played the pre-release PC demo a few years ago but haven't touched the full game yet!! planning to after Pikmin so I will be sure to share some thoughts in here or next month's thread once I have.

I tried the demo for Chants of Sennaar on Playstation, and it was very promising. It's a stylish puzzle/adventure game centered around learning an unknown language. You can talk to NPCs and observe writings to try to learn the meanings of different glyphs.

For example in the demo, there was a puzzle where you had to move some levers to open doors, and an NPC character was giving you instructions such as "you open door" and "I open door", after greeting you with "hello", of course. The lever puzzle itself was simple, and the actual problem was connecting the actions and their performers to the correct glyphs.

You can freely (i.e. write anything on a keyboard) assign guesses to the glyphs at any time, but there's also a book depicting their meanings. If you assign the correct glyphs to the pictures, the true meanings will replace your initial guess and be locked. For the lever puzzle, for example, the book had a picture of somebody waving their hand, and pictures of open and closed locks. This works similarly to e.g. Return of the Obra Dinn: you can't just randomly guess these, but need to have multiple words correcy simultaneously before they are confirmed.

I absolutely love Heaven's Vault, which has a somewhat similar ancient unkown language thing going on, and Chants of Sennaar may scratch some of the same itch. I'm really looking forward to the full release in September.

Here's the trailer from the Indie World earlier this year

Last edited:
Picross fans will probably enjoy Tents and Trees which I discovered recently due to the deep discount (-80%).
It's a slight variation to the picross mechanic, but not by much, and the presentation is excellent. Some excellent reviews for it too.

Picross fans will probably enjoy Tents and Trees which I discovered recently due to the deep discount (-80%).
It's a slight variation to the picross mechanic, but not by much, and the presentation is excellent. Some excellent reviews for it too.
Thanks for posting about this. I never heard of Tents and Trees before, but I gave the demo a try and ended up buying the game. It's great! I agree that if you're a fan of Picross there's a good chance you'll like it. It's not Picross, but uses similar mechanics and logical thinking to solve a grid based puzzle. Definitely worth checking out.

Tried this and instantly bought. It even has good reviews but I have never heard about it.

Back
Top Bottom