• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo eShop |ST Oct. 2022|

Joedev

Shriekbat
v6yyJ6V.png

Highlights.png

Well Known Games

Oct 06 NieR:Automata The End of YoRHa Edition, Oct 20 Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope, Oct 21 New Tales from the Borderlands: Deluxe Edition, Oct 21 Persona 5 Royal, Oct 28 Bayonetta 3

H4XIw3b.png

eShop Highlights

screenshot01

Oct 07 - No Man's Sky

screenshot01

Oct 07 - Prodeus

screenshot01

Oct 12 - LEGO Bricktales

screenshot01

Oct 12 - The Battle of Polytopia

MEGy9xB.png

Oct 28 - Ace Angler: Fising Spirits

screenshot01

Oct 28 - Factorio

Releaes.png
americaseuropenqsjo.png

Oct 01 Dinogotchi
Oct 01 Hazelnut Hex
Oct 01 Mission 1985
Oct 02 Kattish
--
Oct 03 Guardian Tales
Oct 04 Alfred Hitchcock - Vertigo
Oct 04 FerroSlug
Oct 04 Let's Sing ABBA
Oct 05 Bus Driving Simulator 22
Oct 05 Tribe Explorer
Oct 06 Billiard: Classic 8 Ball Pool
Oct 06 Brick Breaker Ball Shooter
Oct 06 Clock Maker : My Clock - ver. digital (with timer)
Oct 06 CosmoPlayerZ
Oct 06 Cyjin: The Cyborg Ninja
Oct 06 Falling Out
Oct 06 Jewel Diamonds
Oct 06 Josh Journey: Darkness Totems
Oct 06 Maze Blaze
Oct 06 memory – The Original Matching Game from Ravensburger
Oct 06 NAIAD
Oct 06 NieR:Automata The End of YoRHa Edition
Oct 06 Super Jagger Bomb
Oct 06 Wizorb
Oct 06 Youropa
Oct 06 異世界娘と婚活中 ~ Isekai Bride Hunting ~ Meir Edition
Oct 07 A Frog's Job
Oct 07 CHAOS;CHILD
Oct 07 CHAOS;HEAD NOAH
Oct 07 Endless Memories
Oct 07 L.O.L. Surprise! B.B.s BORN TO TRAVEL
Oct 07 No Man's Sky
Oct 07 Prodeus
Oct 07 Splatter - Zombiecalypse Now
Oct 07 Ultra Mega Xtra Party Challenge
Oct 08 LawnMower: Mortal Race
--
Oct 11 In Sound Mind
Oct 11 Kamiwaza: Way of the Thief
Oct 12 Bloodwash
Oct 12 LEGO Bricktales
Oct 12 The Battle of Polytopia
Oct 12 Unusual Findings
Oct 13 Atari Mania
Oct 13 BOT.vinnik Chess 2
Oct 13 Bus Simulator City Ride
Oct 13 Fallen Knight
Oct 13 Loot Box Simulator - RPG Anime Girls
Oct 13 Temp Zero
Oct 13 The Witch's House
Oct 13 Witchcrafty
Oct 14 DRAGON BALL: THE BREAKERS
Oct 14 DRAGON BALL: THE BREAKERS Special Edition
Oct 14 NASCAR Rivals
Oct 14 Nickelodeon Kart Racers 3: Slime Speedway
Oct 14 Star Trek Prodigy: Supernova
Oct 15 Figment 2: Creed Valley
--
Oct 18 A Plague Tale: Requiem - Cloud Version
Oct 18 ARKANOID - ETERNAL BATTLE
Oct 18 Them's Fightin' Herds
Oct 18 Them's Fightin' Herds: Deluxe Edition
Oct 20 Aery - Last Day of Earth
Oct 20 Flying Neko Delivery
Oct 20 Forest Pop
Oct 20 Harmonia
Oct 20 Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope
Oct 20 Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope Gold Edition
Oct 20 One True Hero
Oct 20 Remorse: The List
Oct 20 Warhammer 40,000: Shootas, Blood & Teef
Oct 21 Crowalt: Traces of the Lost Colony
Oct 21 JoJo Siwa: Worldwide Party
Oct 21 New Tales from the Borderlands
Oct 21 New Tales from the Borderlands: Deluxe Edition
Oct 21 Persona 5 Royal
--
Oct 25 Yomawari: Lost in the Dark
Oct 27 A Winding Path
Oct 27 Asterix & Obelix XXXL : The Ram From Hibernia
Oct 27 Paradigm Paradox
Oct 28 Ace Angler: Fising Spirits
Oct 28 Bayonetta 3
Oct 28 CoComelon: Play with JJ
Oct 28 Factorio
--
Oct 31 MIDNIGHT Remastered

Previous Threads

Nov. 2021
Dec. 2021
Jan. 2022
Feb. 2022
Mar. 2022
Apr. 2022
May 2022
Jun. 2022
Jul. 2022
Aug. 2022
Sep. 2022

Lot of bigger titles that I'm interested in this month, but nothing that is a day 1 pickup for me. I've settled into a nice habit of playing stuff in the backlog and sparingly purchasing new stuff.

Persona 5 Royal probably would have been a purchase, but it being on gamepass makes it hard to justify.

I'll eventually get Mario + Rabbids, but I can hold off a while on that.

Once again, let me know if there is anything I missed. I check various places, but it's easy to miss things.

Man, nice thread. Never have been to one eshop thread before here in FamiBoaards. Today is my brthday.. what should i give myself? I`m 37 today and play games since 4 years old..... What should I play today that is not splatoon3?

I will never buy Factorio on Switch because that will eliminate every last bastion of productivity I have left

Doubt I’ll get P5R at launch when sale season is literally next month. M+RKB is waiting till Gold version is at base version prices or lower. Contemplating Nier Automata, $40 is perfect for such a solid re release and I like to reward that. Not preordering tho.

For sure, the same list I posted on other October thread by Dawn:
Nier Automata (already downloaded)
No Man's Sky
Persona 5 Royal
Bayonetta 3
New Tales from the Borderlands
Ultra Kaiju Monster Rancher
Them's Fighting Herds
Kamiwaza Way of the Thief
Prodeus
Factorio

Depends on reviews:
In Sound Mind
Arkanoid Eternal Battle
Lego Bricktales

Much Later:
Mario + Rabbids 2 (when all the DLC is done)
Chaos;Head (I have a backlog on science adventure series)

Good october but I feel it's kinda behind previous octobers. Quality over quantity in this one, while previous years had the both.

Big month, lots I’ll end up getting eventually, for now, it’ll be all about Nier and Persona

Man, nice thread. Never have been to one eshop thread before here in FamiBoaards. Today is my brthday.. what should i give myself? I`m 37 today and play games since 4 years old..... What should I play today that is not splatoon3?

Congrats! What kind of games do you like to play? During the past weeks, I've really enjoyed my time with Return to Monkey Island and Easy Come, Easy Golf. Both released past month.

Or you can go to Dekudeals and watch for good deals on the current sale (that ends tomorrow).

I only have preordered Bayo 3 for this month, as I already played all of the other ones interesting to me like p5 or nier on ps4,a dn gonna wait for Mario + Rabbids

Congrats! What kind of games do you like to play? During the past weeks, I've really enjoyed my time with Return to Monkey Island and Easy Come, Easy Golf. Both released past month.

Or you can go to Dekudeals and watch for good deals on the current sale (that ends tomorrow).
I basically play anything. Even sports games.

I am playing splat3. Finished xenoblade3 last month (amazing game).

I actually would like to play something like hollow knight. Any recommendations!?

Quick question, I currently have a Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion Pass membership which is running out in November.

Is it possible to only redeem a 12 Month code without the Expabsion psd or do I have to buy a code that includes the pass?

I have to say I'm bothered by seeing Factorio being featured in the OP considering one of the devs is a total shithead. I think a mention would be enough.

I basically play anything. Even sports games.

I am playing splat3. Finished xenoblade3 last month (amazing game).

I actually would like to play something like hollow knight. Any recommendations!?
Get Wonder Labyrinth. Excellent metroidvania and it looks so good. Closest thing to Hollow Knight and it's pretty challenging like it.

This is a big one for me. I want to get all of these:
  • Nier Automata
  • Chaos;Head/Child Double Pack
  • Persona 5 Royal
  • Bayonetta 3
I may only get one or two for now (Bayonetta 3 for sure), but I also might just get them all and be done buying games for the year. We'll see. I'm also interested in Mario + Rabbids but it will drop to $20 or less eventually so I can wait until then.

Bought Railgrade and christ this text is tiny. It looks fun but I have no idea if I can actually play it at all. I'd get a refund, but I already asked for one a while back, and I don't think Nintendo will let me get another one.

I know it probably seems strange with all the big releases coming out, but the game I'm most excited by this month is The Battle of Polytopia - I never have time to play Civ anymore and this really scratches that itch, but in a manageable timeframe. Excellent game 👍

Ugh, there are too many games releasing these days to keep up with lol next week looks stacked for interesting releases on the eshop. Bricktales looks wonderful. There's a game called Trifox out on the 13th that's a topdown brawler but is visually inspired by the mascot era of 3d platformers that I've been keeping my eye on, and Naiad looks gorgeous, I think I saw that on wholesome games this year and the visual style really stuck with me.

I know it probably seems strange with all the big releases coming out, but the game I'm most excited by this month is The Battle of Polytopia - I never have time to play Civ anymore and this really scratches that itch, but in a manageable timeframe. Excellent game 👍
How long is a full session in this game?

I have done awful at finshing up my backlog but I won't pass up on Bayo 3 and Mario +Rabbids. I also want to get Ace Angler: Fising Spirits, but unsure if I pick it up day one since it is the same day as Bayo 3. I have had Bayo 3 paid off since 2018 tho. lol

Other than that any random new interesting games that just appear or some insane deals on my wishlist. Next month I'll prob go ham on the sales.

So SteamFest Next is currently going on and there are 100s of demos available to try, many of which are confirmed for Switch. I'm trying to play a few that look interesting give some brief impressions. I'm playing on a SteamDeck, so obviously can't speak to Switch performance.

ss_fb9035ad8359d76ae70904503bf872a9233c3e8c.600x338.jpg

Bravery and Greed
Developer - Rekka Games | Publisher - Team 17
Release: 2022
Side scrolling 1-4 player combat focused roguelike. 4 difference classes (Rogue, Warrior, Mage, ??). Seems to be lots of nuance to the combat and it felt pretty good. Typical setup where you gain various perks and artifacts as you progress. At the start of a run you can activate various tarot cards effects that can increase/decrease the difficulty. Meta progression seems to be mostly just unlocking items to appear in future runs, as well as new tarot cards that you can modify runs with. I liked it and it seems like it would be pretty fun in multiplayer. (looked like it had local and online multiplayer)

ss_85a83702edaa57844d96c3214e7dee91a4108cf5.600x338.jpg

Wildfrost
Developer: Deadpan Game / Gaziter | Publisher: Chucklefish
Release: Winter 2022
Probably my favorite if the games I played. I feel it has potential to stand up with the best of the genre, such as Slay the Spire and Monster Train. It probably leans more toward Monster Train than Slay the Spire, but really has enough unique mechanics that make it feel different. A key difference is that there is no cost associated with playing a card, you can play any card in your hand, but each card you play counts as a turn. All units, both enemies and allies, have a turn countdown of when they will attack next. I've only played a few runs in the demo, but there seems to be a lot of potential with this setup. Also, I have to mention that the visuals are great and it's a silly thing to mention, but the UI flourishes and animations are really great. The meta progression has you completing various tasks/challenges and upgrading a town to unlock additional cards.

ss_d0572f5ff8bcd9e6561f1337ab5be49500e404d5.600x338.jpg

The Knight Witch
Developer: Super Awesome Hyper Dimensional Mega Team | Publisher: Team 17
Release: Nov. 1st - 2022
I'm a big fan of games that mash together different genres and this game does that well. It's a Twin Stick Shooter + Metroidvania, with a little bit of Deckbuilding added it. I've had my eye on this since it was first shown and was hoping the gameplay and shooting was as solid and fun as it looked, and I can confirm from what I played of the demo that it feels great. Typical metroidvania trappings like going room to room (even has the classic shoot the door to open it mechanic), clearing out enemies, finding upgrades, ect. The deck aspect amounts to special attacks that you can use and are mapped the controller face buttons and used via mana that enemies drop. Upon using one, it will be replaced with another drawn from your deck.

ss_23fabb5fbf90f1b2ff40a156657fd0df442929c3.600x338.jpg

Gunbrella
Developer: Doinksoft (Gato Roboto) | Publisher: Devolver Digital
Release: 2023
I was excited to give this a try and everything about the actual gameplay feels great. I'll be honest that I had thought it was a metroidvania, but I'm not sure if it really is or not (steam page doesn't mention that at all). Maybe it opens up later into the game, but the 20-30 minutes I progressed in the demo was basically just going through linear corridors to the next objective. Again, the feel of the game and the combat are great, I just hope it opens up and has some exploration elements to it.

Games up next:

Cassette Beasts
Rythm Sprout
Turbo Kid
Vengeful Guardian: Moonrider
Hunt the Night

So SteamFest Next is currently going on and there are 100s of demos available to try, many of which are confirmed for Switch. I'm trying to play a few that look interesting give some brief impressions. I'm playing on a SteamDeck, so obviously can't speak to Switch performance.

ss_fb9035ad8359d76ae70904503bf872a9233c3e8c.600x338.jpg

Bravery and Greed
Developer - Rekka Games | Publisher - Team 17
Release: 2022
Side scrolling 1-4 player combat focused roguelike. 4 difference classes (Rogue, Warrior, Mage, ??). Seems to be lots of nuance to the combat and it felt pretty good. Typical setup where you gain various perks and artifacts as you progress. At the start of a run you can activate various tarot cards effects that can increase/decrease the difficulty. Meta progression seems to be mostly just unlocking items to appear in future runs, as well as new tarot cards that you can modify runs with. I liked it and it seems like it would be pretty fun in multiplayer. (looked like it had local and online multiplayer)

ss_85a83702edaa57844d96c3214e7dee91a4108cf5.600x338.jpg

Wildfrost
Developer: Deadpan Game / Gaziter | Publisher: Chucklefish
Release: Winter 2022
Probably my favorite if the games I played. I feel it has potential to stand up with the best of the genre, such as Slay the Spire and Monster Train. It probably leans more toward Monster Train than Slay the Spire, but really has enough unique mechanics that make it feel different. A key difference is that there is no cost associated with playing a card, you can play any card in your hand, but each card you play counts as a turn. All units, both enemies and allies, have a turn countdown of when they will attack next. I've only played a few runs in the demo, but there seems to be a lot of potential with this setup. Also, I have to mention that the visuals are great and it's a silly thing to mention, but the UI flourishes and animations are really great. The meta progression has you completing various tasks/challenges and upgrading a town to unlock additional cards.

ss_d0572f5ff8bcd9e6561f1337ab5be49500e404d5.600x338.jpg

The Knight Witch
Developer: Super Awesome Hyper Dimensional Mega Team | Publisher: Team 17
Release: Nov. 1st - 2022
I'm a big fan of games that mash together different genres and this game does that well. It's a Twin Stick Shooter + Metroidvania, with a little bit of Deckbuilding added it. I've had my eye on this since it was first shown and was hoping the gameplay and shooting was as solid and fun as it looked, and I can confirm from what I played of the demo that it feels great. Typical metroidvania trappings like going room to room (even has the classic shoot the door to open it mechanic), clearing out enemies, finding upgrades, ect. The deck aspect amounts to special attacks that you can use and are mapped the controller face buttons and used via mana that enemies drop. Upon using one, it will be replaced with another drawn from your deck.

ss_23fabb5fbf90f1b2ff40a156657fd0df442929c3.600x338.jpg

Gunbrella
Developer: Doinksoft (Gato Roboto) | Publisher: Devolver Digital
Release: 2023
I was excited to give this a try and everything about the actual gameplay feels great. I'll be honest that I had thought it was a metroidvania, but I'm not sure if it really is or not (steam page doesn't mention that at all). Maybe it opens up later into the game, but the 20-30 minutes I progressed in the demo was basically just going through linear corridors to the next objective. Again, the feel of the game and the combat are great, I just hope it opens up and has some exploration elements to it.

Games up next:

Cassette Beasts
Rythm Sprout
Turbo Kid
Vengeful Guardian: Moonrider
Hunt the Night

Oh this is a really fun idea, keep em coming lol playing the switch games of tomorrow today!

That is a great roundup @Joedev, I’m liking the look of Wildfrost and The Knight Witch. Looking forward to your impressions for Casette Beasts!

Sparks of Hope
Bayonetta 3
Potionomics for sure, and most likely Lost Eidolons on PC

Only those for the month, but what a peak month it will be for me, assuming they all turn out great.

Eu people: Battle Chef Brigade Deluxe has somehow gone on sale again, 80% off (historical low, the game hadn't gone on sale since January 2019). Its blend of genres and its artsyle seem intriguing so I'll probably pick it up; still, hopefully I won't bounce off it like I did with UnderHero, whose combat system and movement were anything but enjoyable to me.

Btw is Cat Quest II any good? It is also on a steep sale and a well regarded co-op rpg sounds fun.

Eu people: Battle Chef Brigade Deluxe has somehow gone on sale again, 80% off (historical low, the game hadn't gone on sale since January 2019). Its blend of genres and its artsyle seem intriguing so I'll probably pick it up; still, hopefully I won't bounce off it like I did with UnderHero, whose combat system and movement were anything but enjoyable to me.

Btw is Cat Quest II any good? It is also on a steep sale and a well regarded co-op rpg sounds fun.
I was going to post this, but you were fast!

Very, very unexpected sale for BCB, only 4€ now. It has been in my wishlist forever.

Cat Quest II I'd like to give you a feedback, I own it from the last sale (it was 6€ iirc) but I haven't tried it yet. But I always take my time before any purchase, even for the dirty cheap games, and for this one the response was "Yes".

Oh nice, I hope that Battle Chef Brigade sale reaches North America too. There's a demo available, and it's great.

Also, to follow up on the end of the September thread, I did end up getting Ys Origin. I haven't played it much yet, but my first impression is that I appreciate how high the little character can jump!

I was going to post this, but you were fast!

Very, very unexpected sale for BCB, only 4€ now. It has been in my wishlist forever.

Cat Quest II I'd like to give you a feedback, I own it from the last sale (it was 6€ iirc) but I haven't tried it yet. But I always take my time before any purchase, even for the dirty cheap games, and for this one the response was "Yes".
BCB is great and the movement is solid. Really should do a replay myself

There have been so few widespread indie sales in NA recently. I'm hoping we get one soon!

I just got the Deku Deals notification that Battle Chef Brigade is on sale in North America too! $3.99!

Temp Zero - minimalist roguelike with musical bullet hell sections

Paradise Marsh - wholesome

Aeterna Noctis - metroidvania

These caught my eye, are coming out pretty soon.

Interested in Let’s Play Curling since I saw it on the Japanese eShop. $40 is a little steep for me on the experimentation scale but let me know if y’all see any impressions anywhere.

How long is a full session in this game?
It depends what map size you choose and the number of other tribes you choose, but you can have a satisfying game in a couple of hours. It's been available on iOS and Android for a few years - I've sunk many hours into it on my Pixel tablet - and now I'm looking forward to many more on Switch 👍. I also have Civ 6 on Switch but unfortunately I never have time to play it properly 😓. I only have myself to blame for having three children 😂

Last edited:
Temp Zero - minimalist roguelike with musical bullet hell sections

Paradise Marsh - wholesome

Aeterna Noctis - metroidvania

These caught my eye, are coming out pretty soon.

I'm looking forward to Paradise Marsh. I like the Short Hike inspired art style. I absolutely love disasterpeace's music on Fez and Hyper Light Drifter. I don't know much about the gameplay, but I'll probably get it just to hear the music 😂

Anybody playing Prodeus today? I'm curious about how it plays on the Switch.

Edit: Apparently pulled from the eShop and delayed again.

Last edited:
Bravely default 2 at 50% discount in the EU eshop
Uh-oh... 30 euros leaving this wallet. Looks like I'm fixing my previous post in the RPG thread quite quickly.

The game going on sale on Steam had given me a bit of hope but I expected a 50% off in early 2023 (going by Octopath's sale history), "glad" to have been wrong.

Bravely default 2 at 50% discount in the EU eshop
This feels like an odd timing considering it's published by Nintendo.

I guess Pikmin was on sale for a while after the Pikmin 4 announcement, but usually they put a handful of games on sale at once as part of those bigger themed sales. It would be interesting to know the thinking behind this partucular discount.

This feels like an odd timing considering it's published by Nintendo.

I guess Pikmin was on sale for a while after the Pikmin 4 announcement, but usually they put a handful of games on sale at once as part of those bigger themed sales. It would be interesting to know the thinking behind this partucular discount.
Game went on sale on Steam 1 or 2 days ago. I can only imagine SE asked Nintendo directly. After all, first party titles have yet to be discounted for something like 50% off, so it's likely that the Nintendo published titles outside of Japan have their pricing set by their IP holders (evn though they usually go on sale together with other Nintendo titles). And it's why we've had SE and other titles (e.g. DAEMON X MACHINA) go on steeper sales than the usual 33% off.

Edit: BD is also celebrating its 10th year anniversary this month so

Interested in Let’s Play Curling since I saw it on the Japanese eShop. $40 is a little steep for me on the experimentation scale but let me know if y’all see any impressions anywhere.

This does look decent but yeah, presentation wise definitely not for $40. I might give it a crack at $20 (I imagine it will be that or lower pretty quick)

Oh wait I shouldn't have Prodeus yet on my Switch? Oops. Game feels good so far to me.

@Pixelknight posted this link to Nintendo Life's new selection of hidden eShop gems over in the Hidden Gem Recommendations thread, and I thought there might be some interest in here, too:

I noticed NintendoLife does a ‘hidden gems recommended by our readers’ article every so often, so I’ll drop it here as it seems relevant :)

And now I want to ask some of you about these games that caught my eye 👀
The links all go to the Nintendo Life pages for each game.

Super Sami, Goblin Sword and Polyroll especially piqued my interest. Super Sami reminds me of Mario 3DW, Goblin Sword looks like a Monster Boy-inspired adventure, and Polyroll evokes Master System Sonic. Anyone here play or try any of these? Just want to add the best ones to my wishlist! And tagging @chocolate_supra here since anything Sonic-esque is his jam!

@Pixelknight posted this link to Nintendo Life's new selection of hidden eShop gems over in the Hidden Gem Recommendations thread, and I thought there might be some interest in here, too:

Super Sami, Goblin Sword and Polyroll especially piqued my interest. Super Sami reminds me of Mario 3DW, Goblin Sword looks like a Monster Boy-inspired adventure, and Polyroll evokes Master System Sonic. Anyone here play or try any of these? Just want to add the best ones to my wishlist! And tagging @chocolate_supra here since anything Sonic-esque is his jam!
Okay Polyroll has a vibe, and not just looking like an advanced MD/GG Sonic, but the graphics look like some of the old PC platformers I used to play in the 90s. How neat, thanks for bringing it to my attention!

Edit: OMG the launch trailer has an AMC Gremlin in it, I'm buying this 🤣

Last edited:

Goblin Sword is more of a straight up platformer. It’s roots are very much in mobile due to the short level design, but it’s a fun little game. I played it a couple of years ago and thought it was really good for the price!

I have Polyroll on Switch. Good game but some bs near the end of the game. I don't even remember if I finished it now that I think about it. Maybe last level?

Back
Top Bottom