• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo eShop |ST Aug. 2022|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joedev

Shriekbat
Ub6DLWS.png

Highlights.png

screenshot01

Aug 02 - Frogun

screenshot01

Aug 11 - Cult of the Lamb

screenshot01

Aug 16 - Two Point Campus

screenshot01

Aug 16 - Blossom Tales II: The Minotaur Prince

screenshot01

Aug 18 - Cursed to Golf

screenshot01

Aug 18 - RPG Time: The Legend of Wright

ss_b58227b5fa599ae5223281d9715db056f3d32026.1920x1080.jpg

Aug 30 - Tinykin

Releaes.png
americaseuropenqsjo.png

Aug 01 Fightro
Aug 01 Kells
Aug 01 Viki Spotter: Megapolis
Aug 02 Frogun
Aug 02 Frogun Deluxe Edition
Aug 02 Before We Leave
Aug 03 Promo Pack 2x1
Aug 03 South of the Circle
Aug 04 After Wave: Downfall
Aug 04 Gale of Windoria
Aug 04 Japanese Escape Games The Retro House
Aug 04 KOKORO CLOVER Season 1
Aug 04 Massage Freaks
Aug 04 QUByte Classics: Thunderbolt Collection by PIKO
Aug 05 90'' Soccer
Aug 05 Roll The Cat
Aug 05 Sofiya and the Ancient Clan
Aug 05 Toy Soldiers HD
--
Aug 10 Book Quest
Aug 10 Cleo - a pirate's tale
Aug 10 Lost in Play
Aug 11 Arcade Paradise
Aug 11 Cult of the Lamb
Aug 12 Super Bullet Break
Aug 12 Voyage
--
Aug 16 Two Point Campus
Aug 16 Blossom Tales II: The Minotaur Prince
Aug 17 Hell Blasters
Aug 17 Little League World Series Baseball 2022
Aug 17 Robo Revenge Squad
Aug 18 Cursed to Golf
Aug 18 RPG Time: The Legend of Wright
Aug 18 Pretty Girls Four Kings Solitaire
Aug 18 Secrets of Magic 5: Back to School
Aug 18 Treehouse Riddle
Aug 18 Zumba Garden
--
Aug 23 Are You Smarter than a 5th Grader?
Aug 23 RITE
Aug 23 Yars: Recharged
Aug 25 Idol Manager
Aug 25 Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid: Burst Forth!! Choro-gon ☆ Breath
Aug 25 SD Gundam Battle Alliance
Aug 26 Tee Time Golf
Aug 26 Back Again
Aug 26 PAC-MAN WORLD Re-PAC
--
Aug 30 Dusk Diver 2
Aug 30 Tinykin

Previous Threads

Nov. 2021
Dec. 2021
Jan. 2022
Feb. 2022
Mar. 2022
Apr. 2022
May 2022
Jun. 2022
Jul. 2022

Last edited:
Really looking forward to Tinykin! It was my favorite demo from the recent SteamFestNext. Has a good 3D platformer collectathon feel, mixed with pikmin.

Other than that, Cult of the Lamb seems interesting, and I really like the visuals of RPG Time: The Legend of Wright.

Interested in Frogun, Tinykin, Blossom Tales II, and Tee Time Golf, though the latter's character designs are a bit... unique, to put it nicely. ha
What a great month of indies coming up! <3

Weird to see that Duskdiver 2 and the Dragon Maid shmup are coming untill now. The translation was avaliable since launch

Thanks for the thread. I'll probably still be playing Xenoblade 3, but there will definitely be things I wishlist. Tinykin and RPG Time look cool.

Cheers Joe.

Cursed to Golf is out on the 18th, too.

Scratch that, it's not showing on the coming soon anymore.

Last edited:
I haven't had a chance to start Live A Live yet (unless you count the demo) so most of my month will probably be spent playing it. Isn't that Crayon Shin-chan Summer Vacation game supposed to come out sometime this month too? If so I'll probably be picking that up, it looks beautiful. And of course, PAC-MAN WORLD day one!

Getting:
Two Point Campus
SD Gundam Battle Alliance
Pac-Man World Repac
Cult of the Lamb
Tribes of Midgard
RPG Time

Need some reviews first:
Frogun

Also Indie World should be this month, there might be some sweet shadow drops too.

Thanks as always, @Joedev!

Really can't wait for Tinykin. Day one. I absolutely loved Splasher.

Definitely eager to see how RPG Time and Frogun turned out, too. I'm hoping for Frogun reviews tomorrow at this point.

BTW, currently playing Röki. I want to say @bixente and/or @jariw recommended it some time ago. Definitely digging it. I won't mind if the puzzles get a bit more complex, but the story, characters and presentation are engaging and the gameplay is enjoyable for sure.

This is the month to add things to my wish list. I went crazy last month getting Digimon, Xenoblade 3 and Live A Live. I do not regret that, but Idol Manager, Frogun, RPG Time, Pacman and Cult of Lamb will have to wait. I'm looking forward to those whenever I do play them, however.

@Joedev your list is missing Pacman World Repac and SD Gundam Battle Alliance both coming out towards the end of the month

Cheers Joe.

Cursed to Golf is out on the 18th, too.

Scratch that, it's not showing on the coming soon anymore.

Thanks! Went ahead and added all of these. From everything I can tell, Cursed to Golf is still releasing on the 18th.

I have a somewhat automated way of generating the list, but then I go over it manually and make sure that nothing got missed, which can happen if games don't yet have an eShop page, or if it for some reason isn't showing up in the 'Coming Soon' section correctly. I was a little rushed making this one, so I wasn't quite as thorough.

A bunch of Hamster's Arcade Archives/Neo Geo games are on sale for 50% off and FINALLY, Big Tournament Golf (aka Neo Turf Masters) is part of it! My patience to save $4 has paid off lol.

Filmechanism is on sale for $12. Anyone played it?
I've played a bit (until world 4). The game mecanics is good and the level design is fun, but I was expecting a puzzle game, but it's mainly a platformer with a puzzle element. It's still on my backlog-to-perhaps-complete, but the reasons why I stopped was that some of the "hell" levels (which are optional levels, BTW) requires extremely tight timing, and you only get one try. If you fail, you have to restart the level. So even if you know how to solve the level in theory, it might take many tries to get everything right.

Thanks @jariw! The one try mechanism definitely sounds overly punishing to me.

And I see Toodee and Toodee is now a mere $8. Anyone play that one?

Alright, as I mentioned in the general discussion thread, FIFA 22 for $10 was too tempting to pass up. I think as long as I know going in it's really just an old game with new clubs and kits and players, it'll be well worth it.

Think it’s worth grabbing the deluxe version of gotta protectors?
I'm not sure, didn't check what's added to the dx edition. But I saw the standard edition was $15 AU and couldn't pass it up. If I enjoy it I'll grab the dlc in the future.

Toodee and Topdee is awesome so far btw.

There are things to like about the game and some of the puzzles are genuinely great, but I didn't exactly love Toodee and Topdee.

The combination of platforming and puzzles is implemented well and the puzzles start out fun, but towards the end things get trickier and more difficult to enjoy. The later levels require quick movements and difficult timings, which I'm not a fan of in puzzle games. There were multiple occasions where I knew the solution, but had trouble executing it. When I eventually made it, I was happier about it being over than having succeeded.

Last edited:
Think it’s worth grabbing the deluxe version of gotta protectors?

The Deluxe version includes the DLC, which is mainly some additional music, some levels, and a handful of skills. The base game isn't lacking on levels, so I'd recommend getting the base game and then just purchasing the DLC if you find your self wanting more.

I picked up Toodee and Topdee in the sale (EU).

I'm a couple of hours in and I'm really enjoying it so far!

It's a great concept, with two characters working together in the 2D and 3D planes. They can't interact directly so they make environmental changes for each other to progress in their respective planes.

It has clever puzzles that aren't too difficult so far, and fun, simple platforming, and the combination of the two works well. I really like the pixel art and music, and the playful, cosmic story.

I'm playing it single player and it's really fun and very playable alone, but I can imagine it being even better with two players.

Highly recommended so far 👍

Oh, and it's worth mentioning thay I played Toodee and Topdee in single player as well.

I uploaded an example of the stuff I didn't like. It's a 30 second snippet of a late level, I'll put it (and some comments) behind spoiler tags, but don't think it would ruin anyone's experience if they do end up playing the game 😅.

From gameplay perspective it reminds me of the Mario Maker levels where you have to keep running quickly while throwing shells and POW blocks around, which was not what I expected from a the game at all. I found these sequences quite stressful and not as enjoyable as the earlier more puzzle-based levels.

However, I can also imagine the gameplay here looking very fun to some. I don't think the design is flawed, it's just not what I expected and didn't really click with me.

Oh, and it's worth mentioning thay I played Toodee and Topdee in single player as well.

I uploaded an example of the stuff I didn't like. It's a 30 second snippet of a late level, I'll put it (and some comments) behind spoiler tags, but don't think it would ruin anyone's experience if they do end up playing the game 😅.

From gameplay perspective it reminds me of the Mario Maker levels where you have to keep running quickly while throwing shells and POW blocks around, which was not what I expected from a the game at all. I found these sequences quite stressful and not as enjoyable as the earlier more puzzle-based levels.

However, I can also imagine the gameplay here looking very fun to some. I don't think the design is flawed, it's just not what I expected and didn't really click with me.

I'm not as far into the game as you! That looks a lot harder then the levels I've played so far 😱

Bought Sniper Elite 4 after waiting for Eons on a good Eshop deal so I bought it + seasons DLC and man is the game good. Not only does it look fantastic it also runs well, I’m on the second level playing at the hardest mode

I haven't but impressions are clearly very good. The only thing is that it has less content compared to other roguelites, taking 15/20 hours to complete. Perhaps the devs will continue to support it like in Dead Cells.

This game (Kharon's Crypt) has been out for like six months and somehow I'd never heard about it.

I like how it looks, and the few people on Steam that have played it seem to like it:

Has anybody here played it?

There's a lot of eshop games that fly under the radar.

Kharon's Crypt did catch my interest, but it's still on my wishlist.

At the moment I've been playing Atomicrops which mixes farming sim/bullet hell/romance into one unique roguelike.

Is anyone else really excited for:

Blossom Tales 2: The Minotaur Prince??

Comes out tomorrow and I really liked the first game - but it was short. This sounds like a substantially bigger game and looks great! If you like Zelda Link to the Past type games then check this out. It’s one of my most anticipated games of the year lol :)

I couldn't get into Blossom Tales unfortunately. Though I am very much looking forward to Cursed to Golf. I hope you enjoy The Minotaur Prince @Mudo

There's a 2D Zelda-like called Hazelnut Bastille I like the look of, but the devs have given zero updates for the longest time. I fear the worst, same with Mineko's Night Market.

I couldn't get into Blossom Tales unfortunately. Though I am very much looking forward to Cursed to Golf. I hope you enjoy The Minotaur Prince @Mudo

There's a 2D Zelda-like called Hazelnut Bastille I like the look of, but the devs have given zero updates for the longest time. I fear the worst, same with Mineko's Night Market.
I’m very interested in both Mineko and Hazelnut Bastille but it feels like they were announced years ago and then…nothing. I hope either of them ends up coming out 👀

An actual game coming next year that I’m beyond hyped for is Sea of Stars. It’s one of the prettiest 2D games I’ve ever seen!

I’m very interested in both Mineko and Hazelnut Bastille but it feels like they were announced years ago and then…nothing. I hope either of them ends up coming out 👀

An actual game coming next year that I’m beyond hyped for is Sea of Stars. It’s one of the prettiest 2D games I’ve ever seen!
Hazelnut Twitter page got updated with new screenshots in December. Like Sports Story that's the last time the devs communicated anything.

I'd be ecstatic if either of those games appeared in the next indie world but I ain't holding my breath :D

I want to play Kharon’s Crypt and Blossom Tales 2, but MonHun refuses to let me go. I did enjoy the first BT, looking forward to playing the sequel.

I want to play Kharon’s Crypt and Blossom Tales 2, but MonHun refuses to let me go. I did enjoy the first BT, looking forward to playing the sequel.

I’ve asked this before, but if I own Rise (since day1 lol) and want to finally start it and get the best experience, does it matter if own Sunbreak? Is it relevant in any way before a certain point (I guess) in the game?

I’ve asked this before, but if I own Rise (since day1 lol) and want to finally start it and get the best experience, does it matter if own Sunbreak? Is it relevant in any way before a certain point (I guess) in the game?
Subreak is "post-game" (technically you can start before the last bosses of the base rise). So you have lots to play before missing its content. Some friends started playing and don't own the expansion yet, I've been playing with them for weeks and we still haven't finished all the HR bosses together.

It doesn’t matter at all- the base version of Rise has been updated to use most of the QOL features/rebalances that Sunbreak added. So you can happily play it though. Sunbreak isn’t relevant at all until after you’ve reached the online final boss, and even then is like a fresh expansion/new campaign sending you off to a new location. It’s entirely optional, Rise is a huge game on its own anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom