• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo eShop |ST Dec. 2021|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mina

Famicom Detective
Pronouns
She/They
December_2021_Two.png

Highlights.png
Well Known Games: 3 - Big Brain Academy: Brain vs. Brain, 3 - Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony, 7 - Life is Strange: True Colors, 23 - Beastie Bay DX

screenshot03

[Dec 02] Archvale - Trailer

screenshot04

[Dec 02] Miracle Snack Shop - Trailer

screenshot03

[Dec 03] Disney Magical World 2: Enchanted Edition - Trailer

screenshot02

[Dec 07] LOVE 3 - Trailer

screenshot01

[Dec 07] Twelve Minutes - Trailer

screenshot03

[Dec 07] Yu-Gi-Oh! RUSH DUEL: Dawn of the Battle Royale!! - Trailer

screenshot01

[Dec 09] Loop Hero

screenshot02

[Dec 09] Monster Rancher 1 & 2 DX

screenshot01

[Dec 13] Shovel Knight: Pocket Dungeon

screenshot02

[Dec 14] Clockwork Aquario

screenshot01

[Dec 15] Dungeon Munchies

screenshot02

[Dec 15] Chicory: A Colorful Tale

screenshot02

[Dec 15] Let’s Play! Oink Games

screenshot03

[Dec 15] Timelie

screenshot02

[Dec 16] OMNO

Releaes.png

americaseuropenqsjo.png

Dec 02 Archvale
Dec 02 Jigsaw Fun: Wonderful Nature
Dec 02 Pretty Girls Mahjong Solitaire - Blue
Dec 02 Pretty Girls Mahjong Solitaire - Green
Dec 02 MONOBOT
Dec 02 Football Battle
Dec 02 Arcade Archives Liquid Kids
Dec 02 Ghost Sync
Dec 02 Asterix & Obelix: Slap them All!
Dec 02 Castle on the Coast
Dec 02 Miracle Snack Shop
Dec 02 Dairoku: Agents of Sakuratani
Dec 02 World Quiz
Dec 02 The Kids We Were
Dec 03 Big Brain Academy: Brain vs. Brain
Dec 03 Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc
Dec 03 Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair
Dec 03 Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony
Dec 03 Danganronpa S: Ultimate Summer Camp
Dec 03 Disney Magical World 2: Enchanted Edition
Dec 03 Word Forward
Dec 03 6Souls
Dec 03 Construction Site Driver
Dec 03 Paradise Lost
Dec 03 Detective Di: The Silk Rose Murders
Dec 04 0x0 Minimalist
Dec 07 Beyond a Steel Sky
Dec 07 9-Ball Pocket
Dec 07 LOVE 3
Dec 07 Twelve Minutes
Dec 07 Ever Forward
Dec 07 Life is Strange: True Colors
Dec 07 Yu-Gi-Oh! RUSH DUEL: Dawn of the Battle Royale!!
Dec 08 Ball laB
Dec 08 Transient: Extended Edition
Dec 08 Sam & Max: Beyond Time and Space
Dec 09 Loop Hero
Dec 09 Monster Rancher 1 & 2 DX
Dec 09 Kubinashi Recollection
Dec 09 MONOPOLY® Madness
Dec 09 RICO: London
Dec 09 Arcade Archives DRAGON BUSTER
Dec 09 Wytchwood
Dec 09 Super Impossible Road
Dec 10 A YEAR OF SPRINGS
Dec 10 Wild & Adventure Pinball
Dec 10 Memories of East Coast
Dec 13 Shovel Knight: Pocket Dungeon
Dec 13 Circa Infinity Ultimate Edition
Dec 13 My Universe - Doctors & Nurses
Dec 14 Clockwork Aquario
Dec 14 Asteroids: Recharged
Dec 14 One Hand Clapping
Dec 15 Dungeon Munchies
Dec 15 Chicory: A Colorful Tale
Dec 15 Let’s Play! Oink Games
Dec 15 Timelie
Dec 15 The Letter: A Horror Visual Novel
Dec 15 FILMECHANISM
Dec 16 Arcade Archives MIRAI NINJA
Dec 16 Pixel Game Maker Series JEWELiNX
Dec 16 Hashihime of the Old Book Town append
Dec 16 Love Pop!
Dec 16 Escape from Mirrorland~The Adventures of Nyanzou&Kumakichi: Escape Game Series~
Dec 16 Pixel Game Maker Series OUMUAMUA
Dec 16 The Enigma Machine
Dec 16 Dinosaur Jigsaw Puzzles - Dino Puzzle Game for Kids & Toddlers
Dec 16 Pixel Game Maker Series CHAM THE CAT ADVENTURE
Dec 16 Sakura Santa
Dec 16 Cape’s Escape Game 5th Room
Dec 16 Pixel Game Maker Series Biggerman.io
Dec 16 Murder Diaries 3 - Santa's Trail of Blood
Dec 16 Trash Quest
Dec 16 OMNO
Dec 17 HIM & HER 3
Dec 17 Aspire: Ina's Tale
Dec 17 Forgotten Hill Disillusion
Dec 20 Match Three Pirates II
Dec 20 Creepy Balls
Dec 20 Carebotz
Dec 21 Zombie Watch
Dec 22 Gardener's Path
Dec 22 Horatio Goes Snowboarding
Dec 23 Real Time Battle Shogi Online
Dec 23 Shinya Ichizoku The Battle for Hokkaido's Delicious Foods
Dec 23 Windstorm: Start of a Great Friendship
Dec 23 Jigsaw Fun: Greatest Cities
Dec 23 Moorhuhn Jump and Run 'Traps and Treasures'
Dec 23 Lynn, The Girl Drawn On Puzzles
Dec 23 Arcade Archives ORIUS
Dec 23 Santa Throw
Dec 23 Teratopia
Dec 23 Beastie Bay DX
Dec 23 Tunnel of Doom
Dec 24 Crazy Zen Codeword
Dec 24 8 & 9 Ball Pocket
Dec 24 Christmas Racing
Dec 24 Horror & Sports Pinball
Dec 24 Merry Christmas Snowball Bubble
Dec 24 Pure Chase 80's
Dec 24 Madness Beverage
Dec 25 American Man
Dec 25 Planet Quiz: Learn & Discover

Last edited:
Loop Hero's icon having a white bar at the bottom is gonna curse me forever, and now that you've noticed it'll curse you too.

I'm gonna try to be better about updating the thread this month than I was last month. It's harder than you'd think!

Nice thread ,thanks for making it, glad you got through your hell month(a).

Going to get Loop Hero , white bar or not and finally dig into Unpacking . Think those will be my last two games of the year as i finish off brilliant diamond and replay metroid dread in hard mode .

Final month of 2021 but still packed with releases.

Let's see what I'm getting:

Life is Strange 3: True Colors
Yu-Gi-Oh! Rush Duel
Monster Rancher 1+2
Loop Hero
OMNO
Sam & Max Through Time and Space

If gets shadowdropped:

Outer Wilds
Neon White
Chrono Cross Remaster

Loop Hero looks so cool, I'm so glad it's finally arriving on the Switch! I really hope Devolver ports Inscryption as well so we can get the whole package.

I got Danganronpa Decadence and that’s going to do it for me this month, as I have all the games I bought during Black Friday sales to keep me busy. Shovel Knight Pocket Dungeon and Clockwork Aquario look interesting but I can wait.

Thanks for the thread!

I played through Alba: A Wildlife Adventure yesterday. It wasn't bad, but overall I was hoping for a bit more. I think it would have been nice if the various birds and animals had an encyclopedia entry/description once you scan them, vs just a picture plus the sounds they make. The messages/lessons of the game are really nice, and I think it would likely be a solid game to play with a younger player. Some performance problems, like rotating the camera sometimes would make the lighting really dim, but for the most part it was fine. Overall, it's a fairly pleasant/positive and laid-back/relaxing game that's short and can easily be finished in a sitting or two.

Thanks so much for your hard work on these threads @Mina ! Looking forward to reading reviews and impressions of Shovel Knight.

Thread OP looks as lovely as always.

Eyeing Danganronpa and that Miracle Snack Shop game. I love me some snacks.

Tempted to get Monster Rancher too but I’ve played that before so it’s a lower priority.

Super pumped for Record of Lodoss War: Deedlit in Wonder Labyrinth hitting the eshop on December 16. It’s another Metroidvania from Team Lady Bug. They put out Touhou Luna Nights on Switch last year which was amazing!

Quoted by: em
Any way to buy dying light in Europe at a discount (it's still not in the eShop...)? The game is 10-ish dollars on other platforms, so it's hard justifying the 50-60 euros on switch.

Any way to buy dying light in Europe at a discount (it's still not in the eShop...)? The game is 10-ish dollars on other platforms, so it's hard justifying the 50-60 euros on switch.
It's a new release, check again (or check retail discounts) in a few months.

Dying Light most likely won’t be sold in the European eShop any time soon.

Thank you for this thread Mina, it was one of my favourites in the old place and also here 😁.
Loop Hero looks interesting, but i just can't get into roguelikes/roguelites... i don't know, but i guess i'm still going to buy it on impulse.

The Wild at Heart came to Switch last month, but I missed it somehow. It’s a beautiful looking indie that takes heavy inspiration from Pikmin as well as some other Nintendo franchises:

Also available on Game Pass.
Super pumped for Record of Lodoss War: Deedlit in Wonder Labyrinth hitting the eshop on December 16. It’s another Metroidvania from Team Lady Bug. They put out Touhou Luna Nights on Switch last year which was amazing!

I played Deedlit in Wonder Labyrinth on PC earlier this year. It’s much more polished than Luna Nights, but also easier, with the elemental-swapping mechanic being less interesting than Luna Night’s time stop/graze. I’ll also note that although the whole game takes place on a large, interlocking map, there are very few abilities that open up new areas — it’s mostly just getting keys/unlocking doors of certain colors.

Still, Wonder Labyrinth is a solid SotN-like, and one that should satisfy anyone looking for such.

Interested in both Loop Hero and Shovel Knight Puzzle Dungeon. Outside of that, I'll be finishing SMT V and maybe getting to Astral Chain, which was an impulse purchase, but at $26 I couldn't pass it up.

Really don't know how well Loop Hero will work with a controller. Might bite but not sure, when you get used to the game it becomes almost like an idle game

I'm gonna try to be better about updating the thread this month than I was last month. It's harder than you'd think!

I think you need to have an automated process for keeping lists of upcoming games, such as having a spreadsheet with all the games, and a script in the spreadsheet that automatically creates a text for the clipboard that you can paste into the topic. Otherwise, it won't be sustainable in the long run. Perhaps @tolkir has some tips on how he did?

Loop Hero's icon having a white bar at the bottom is gonna curse me forever, and now that you've noticed it'll curse you too.

Please help with the icon thing! Devolver seems it doesn't care, but hopefully if other people tell them we can have a white line free icon!

Also, that smell... the new thread! Thank you very much, your hard work is greatly appreciated.

Edit: Oh and that snow effect is absurdly cute lol

Last edited:
Thank you for this thread Mina, it was one of my favourites in the old place and also here 😁.
Loop Hero looks interesting, but i just can't get into roguelikes/roguelites... i don't know, but i guess i'm still going to buy it on impulse.
Buy it for the OST. Seriously, the soundtrack in this game is mindblowing.

I’m interested in Shovel Knight: Pocket Dungeon, but after watching the promo videos I still feel like I have no idea how it plays.

LiS releasing digitally this week on top of BDSP and my backlog probably has me set until Arceus tbh. Still gonna keep tabs here and see if anything pops up.

Multiple Profiles for Multiple Switches

So, for Christmas I'm buying the kids some games. My son will probably love Construction Site Drivers, and my daughter would love to hang with Elsa and Anna in Magical World 2. But then, do I purchase these on my account? What if one day we get a new Switch, and I want them to mostly use that? May not be an issue if I upgrade to the next model... so long as I can still play their old software on the old one, and the new software on the new one with the same account.

Or, will it have the same sharing issue. That my wife wouldn't be able to play on the Nintendo Next Console if I left the old one as my primary. Or my kids couldn't play on the old one if the new one was primary?

Should I do something insane like buy his software on his kid account, hers on her kid account? Also, these are kid accounts.

Or should I put them under one kids account made just for making purchases?

Any ideas?

Heck, maybe I should be looking for Wii U games for them, and let them play on there! Except that won't work much, because that's not where I am playing. You know kids. They want to do what you are doing. Not something separate but equal.

I completed Wunderling yesterday. It was nothing extraordinary, but enjoyable enough that I went for some extra collectibles and a "good ending", the content of which I have no idea about since I skipped every cutscene and bit of story the game tried to push my way. The collectibles and especially the secrets were the best aspect of the game, fun to look for and made good use of the mechanics.

Moved on to Far: Lone Sails. It seems cool so far, although it's already apparent that it's more focused on providing an atmospheric adventure than challenging puzzles or gameplay. It's supposed to be only a few hours long, which seems just right for this kind of a game.

There are no exciting releases for me this month, although I'm sure the inevitable indie presentation will yield some. I also have quite a few games on my wishlist I'd be happy to have time for.

Multiple Profiles for Multiple Switches

So, for Christmas I'm buying the kids some games. My son will probably love Construction Site Drivers, and my daughter would love to hang with Elsa and Anna in Magical World 2. But then, do I purchase these on my account? What if one day we get a new Switch, and I want them to mostly use that? May not be an issue if I upgrade to the next model... so long as I can still play their old software on the old one, and the new software on the new one with the same account.

Or, will it have the same sharing issue. That my wife wouldn't be able to play on the Nintendo Next Console if I left the old one as my primary. Or my kids couldn't play on the old one if the new one was primary?

Should I do something insane like buy his software on his kid account, hers on her kid account? Also, these are kid accounts.

Or should I put them under one kids account made just for making purchases?

Any ideas?

Heck, maybe I should be looking for Wii U games for them, and let them play on there! Except that won't work much, because that's not where I am playing. You know kids. They want to do what you are doing. Not something separate but equal.
Kids know the meaning of the word "equal". They know Switch and WiiU are far from equal XD

Do you all play on the same Switch?

I think if it's the case, having a kids purchases account is a good idea. It shouldn't be an issue to move this account to a new Switch, should you decide to go this way.
Otherwise, if they have one already, I'd do the same thing probably? Buy games with a separate account.

The older of my sons is a PC gamer, he hasn't asked for a Switch very loudly and now I think he's not interested. Otherwise I would have shared my account with him, doing the primary/secondary stuff, cause I have more than 200 (good) games lol. The youngsters, I simply let them play with my Switch from time to time, for their Mario 3D World or Mario Kart fix lol

Do you all play on the same Switch?

I think if it's the case, having a kids purchases account is a good idea. It shouldn't be an issue to move this account to a new Switch, should you decide to go this way.
Otherwise, if they have one already, I'd do the same thing probably? Buy games with a separate account.

Yeah, we only have 1 Switch. I'm just wondering what will happen if we get a second one because the time one of us can play the Switch is one of the few times that any of us could play it. But once you have two Switches you need to be able to have games on different ones.

I buy and play the largest variety of games. With the exception of Animal Crossing, my wife just plays multiplayer with me. If she were to play on another console she'd need only that one guy, which I'd likely have to re-purchase.

But if I bought another Switch...

I guess it doesn't matter. If the kid's switch is my primary, they can play all the games I have bought so far. New games buy on some other account.

My wife will just have to decide where to play. But if she wants to play on 'my' Switch... She won't be able to. So she cannot play with the kids. Unless I get a gamecard for Animal Crossing.

I wish there was a family library option.

Thanks @juuso for your Wunderling impressions. I picked it up during the BF sale and am looking forward to trying it sometime. Did you end up playing the DLC stages I saw mentioned? I think they were free.

I really hope Shovel Knight is fun! That team deserves all the success they've had.

Loop Hero on Switch is interesting, but I couldn't get into it on PC. The early progression was so incredibly slow it really turned me off from continuing. I only sunk a couple hours in before calling it quits. Having it on handheld is intriguing, but I don't want to spend more money only to find myself in the same position.

Yeah, we only have 1 Switch. I'm just wondering what will happen if we get a second one because the time one of us can play the Switch is one of the few times that any of us could play it. But once you have two Switches you need to be able to have games on different ones.

I buy and play the largest variety of games. With the exception of Animal Crossing, my wife just plays multiplayer with me. If she were to play on another console she'd need only that one guy, which I'd likely have to re-purchase.

I guess it doesn't matter. If the kid's switch is my primary, they can play all the games I have bought so far. New games buy on some other account.

My wife will just have to decide where to play. But if she wants to play on 'my' Switch... She won't be able to. So she cannot play with the kids. Unless I get a gamecard for Animal Crossing.

Family library (as on iOS/Android) would be nice, but in practice buying everything on one account and having that account set to primary (but not played as) on the first Switch and having the same account played as on the second Switch works pretty well, assuming consistent network connectivity for the second. It’s when there’s a third Switch that things get tricky.

I'm glad my family doesn't want to play the Switch so badly XD

For your wife, just give her a Switch Lite with AC. Then with the kids, they could share another new Switch, it being your primary one, so they can play everything with their own profiles. Sure, your current Switch would become your secondary one and you'll need an internet connection, but better than having poor chances to even being able to play, I suppose?

I’m interested in Shovel Knight: Pocket Dungeon, but after watching the promo videos I still feel like I have no idea how it plays.

It is a bit tough to grok from the footage shown, and I didn't truly understand it until I played it at PAX last year. Every time you make a movement, the whole board also makes a movement. If you move 'into' an enemy or item, you attack or collect it, so it's very much a rogue-like that takes place on a puzzle field. To finish an area, you need get to the exit, and along the way, you can get items and buffs that help you. You also have to carefully monitor your health!

It's a little weird to describe it, but it was an absolute blast to play. I can't wait to try out the versus mode!

Thanks @juuso for your Wunderling impressions. I picked it up during the BF sale and am looking forward to trying it sometime. Did you end up playing the DLC stages I saw mentioned? I think they were free.
Yes! I didn't actually know there were separate DLC levels, but looking at the trailer for it now (embedded below), I realized they were just added to the adventure as a separate new world. There was a notable bump in difficulty at that point, so I guess it makes sense.

It is a bit tough to grok from the footage shown, and I didn't truly understand it until I played it at PAX last year. Every time you make a movement, the whole board also makes a movement. If you move 'into' an enemy or item, you attack or collect it, so it's very much a rogue-like that takes place on a puzzle field. To finish an area, you need get to the exit, and along the way, you can get items and buffs that help you. You also have to carefully monitor your health!

It's a little weird to describe it, but it was an absolute blast to play. I can't wait to try out the versus mode!
Thanks for this, much appreciated! I do like a bit of Shiren etc, so that’s helped a lot

It's a little weird to describe it, but it was an absolute blast to play. I can't wait to try out the versus mode

Thanks for this info! I couldn't get into Pokémon Mystery Dungeon, but I do love Shovel Knight so I still most likely plan to try this.

! I didn't actually know there were separate DLC levels, but looking at the trailer for it now (embedded below), I realized they were just added to the adventure as a separate new world. There was a notable bump in difficulty at that point, so I guess it makes sense.

Oh, neat! That's good to know and I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Added some games to the OP thanks to suggestions from @9-Volt , thanks so much for that!

Also, the amazing @Joedev has made a tool that's gonna make things a lot easier for me. Huge shout out to them, that's gonna free up so much time for me. <3

Didn't know 12 Minutes was coming to Switch.

Heard very mixed things about it... maybe wait until a sale.

OMNO was received positively iirc.

Didn't know 12 Minutes was coming to Switch.

Heard very mixed things about it... maybe wait until a sale.

OMNO was received positively iirc.
I was really looking forward to 12 Minutes but the reviews and impressions I read made the experience of playing it sound kinda not fun and chore-like. The stuff I read about the story made it seem convoluted and unsatisfying, too. I dunno. YMMV but I figured since I read so many posts about it I may as well share that. 🙂

I've got Loop Hero downloaded and ready for tomorrow - I bought it on a whim after all the positive reviews, but I barely know anything about it 😂

Far: Lone Sails was a nice experience. The puzzles never got very complex and the main gameplay of driving your ship/wagon/whatever was just okay, but the music and overall atmosphere were fine enough to carry the whole experience.

One thing that nagged me a lot throughout the game though was that I couldn't see anything because the view was so zoomed out. I suppose it's intentional to really rub in the scale of your character versus the vehicle. You can zoom in with a shoulder button, but you have to keep it pressed. I would have preferred an option to have that zoom level on by default.

Now I've been playing Disc Room. It's great!

Far: Lone Sails was a nice experience. The puzzles never got very complex and the main gameplay of driving your ship/wagon/whatever was just okay, but the music and overall atmosphere were fine enough to carry the whole experience.

One thing that nagged me a lot throughout the game though was that I couldn't see anything because the view was so zoomed out. I suppose it's intentional to really rub in the scale of your character versus the vehicle. You can zoom in with a shoulder button, but you have to keep it pressed. I would have preferred an option to have that zoom level on by default.

Now I've been playing Disc Room. It's great!
Do you want to add me as a friend so you can compete against my disc room times?

0378 6005 8904 feel free

Sooo...TGA tonight. Outer Wilds shadow drop?

Seriously, at this point it's either that or it's delayed.

It's delayed isn't it? Why wasn't I notified?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom