• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo eShop |ST Jul. 2022|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joedev

Shriekbat
TjnI37q.png

Highlights.png

Well Known Games

Jul 08 KLONOA Phantasy Reverie Series, Jul 21 Capcom Arcade 2nd Stadium, Jul 22 LIVE A LIVE, Jul 29 Digimon Survive, Jul 29 Xenoblade Chronicles 3

71gPqlt.png

eShop Highlights

screenshot02

Jul 07 - Understand

FWf__EcX0AAIJ3U

Jul 07 - Apico

screenshot01

Jul 12 - Time on Frog Island

screenshot01

Jul 12 - F.I.S.T.: Forged In Shadow Torch

screenshot01

Jul 14 - SUPER UFO FIGHTER

screenshot02

Jul 28 - Azure Striker GUNVOLT 3

screenshot01

Jul 28 - Captain Velvet Meteor: The Jump+ Dimensions

Surprises / Shadow Drops from last month

Neon White, TMNT: Shredders Revenge, ElecHead, Little Noah: Scion of Paradise, Portal Companion Collection

0ueyITw.png

Releaes.png
americaseuropenqsjo.png

Jul 01 Almost My Floor
Jul 01 Beasties
Jul 01 Gamedec
Jul 01 JETBOY
Jul 01 Nakana Bundle #3 (EQQO + Lydia + Stilstand)
Jul 01 Parasite Pack
Jul 01 Rainbow Laser Disco Dungeon
Jul 01 Nakana Bundle #1 (Soul Searching + A Night at the Races + Infini)
Jul 01 Nakana Bundle #2 (Mythic Ocean + Journey of the Broken Circle + Cosmic Top Secret)
Jul 02 Nincat
--
Jul 04 INSTANT SPORTS All-Stars
Jul 04 Timber Story
Jul 05 Yurukill: The Calumniation Games
Jul 06 Quintus and the Absent Truth
Jul 06 Cursed Island
Jul 07 Color Breakers
Jul 07 Railways
Jul 07 Secrets of Magic 4: Potion Master
Jul 07 Sticks Collection
Jul 07 SuperDuck!
Jul 07 - Doki Doki Family - 特異体質者のドキドキ家族生活
Jul 07 Japanese NEKOSAMA Escape The Local Train
Jul 07 Overrogue
Jul 07 QUByte Classics: Zero Tolerance Collection by PIKO
Jul 07 Understand
Jul 07 Apico
Jul 08 Moonrise Fall
Jul 08 Accident
Jul 08 Elves Fantasy Hentai Puzzle
Jul 08 Super Rebellion
Jul 08 Formula Bit Racing DX
Jul 08 KLONOA Phantasy Reverie Series
Jul 08 Road of Death
Jul 09 Gangsta Magic
--
Jul 12 Time on Frog Island
Jul 12 Krut: The Mythic Wings
Jul 12 F.I.S.T.: Forged In Shadow Torch
Jul 12 The Quest for Excalibur - Puy du Fou
Jul 14 SUPER UFO FIGHTER
Jul 14 Darker Skies
Jul 14 Growbot
Jul 14 Ambition: A Minuet in Power
Jul 14 Pascal's Wager: Definitive Edition
Jul 14 Pixel Game Maker Series JETMAN
Jul 14 Running on Magic
Jul 14 Superola Champion Edition
Jul 14 Vzerthos: The Heir of Thunder
Jul 14 Worth Life
Jul 15 DC League of Super-Pets: The Adventures of Krypto and Ace
Jul 15 Hell Pages
Jul 15 LOUD
Jul 15 Universal Flight Simulator
--
Jul 19 Endling - Extinction is Forever
Jul 19 Gloom and Doom
Jul 20 Seduction: A Monk's Fate
Jul 21 Aery - Vikings
Jul 21 Capcom Arcade 2nd Stadium
Jul 21 River City Saga: Three Kingdoms
Jul 22 LIVE A LIVE [Has Demo]
--
Jul 27 Train Valley
Jul 28 Koumajou Remilia: Scarlet Symphony
Jul 28 Azure Striker GUNVOLT 3
Jul 28 Captain Velvet Meteor: The Jump+ Dimensions
Jul 29 Digimon Survive
Jul 29 Xenoblade Chronicles 3

Previous Threads

Nov. 2021
Dec. 2021
Jan. 2022
Feb. 2022
Mar. 2022
Apr. 2022
May 2022
Jun. 2022

Probably not a whole lot for me this month, as I'm mostly going to be spending my time playing Sunbreak.

I'll eventually get Xenoblade 3, as I've played and enjoyed all of the others, but I might hold off a bit till I have more time to actually play it.

Xenoblade Chronicles 3 is one of this rare chases, where im willing to buy at full price.

I possess 130 digital games now on Switch. Bought 90% of them on good sales. Still a lot of money and never bought so many games for a system before. And yet i have 100 games on my watchlist for another good sale. I just love to have so much diversity in just one little box.

What's your library count?

Xenoblade is the main one for me. Live a live is on my I want it but it’s too close and I should clear stuff in my backlog first list

Live A Live day one. Looks great, I love how varied the settings/characters are and the demo was fun.

I also enjoyed the Yurukill demo but I'm already in the middle of a VN/Adventure game right now (AI) so I can wait before jumping into another. And I'm just not ready for a massive game like Xenoblade 3 yet so I can wait on that one too. Definitely want to get both eventually though.

Oh, there's Klonoa too! Maybe I'll wait to get that next month to go along with Pac-Man World, then August can be Bandai Namco Mascot Month lol.

Spent a bit of money during the sale so I'm probably not buying anything this month, but I'm definitely planning on getting Live A Live sometime in the future.

Last edited:
I've got Xenoblade preordered, and I'd like to get Live A Live sometime. I was debating picking it up and trying to play through before Xenoblade is out, but I'd rather give it the time it deserves vs rushing through.

OK month but nowhere near June's level. Julys of past years were much better than this.

My pickup list:
Klonoa
Xenoblade 3
Live A Live
Digimon Survive
F.I.S.T.

Waiting for reviews:
Extinction
Time on the Frog Island
Captain Velvet Meteor

Not much this month.
Klonoa Phantasy Reverie Series - replay 1 and actually play through 2.
Capcom Arcade Stadium 2 - Want to try out a Darkstalkers game, and maybe Super Gem Fighter: Mini Mix

What's your library count?

I feel the same way. I've purchased way more on Switch than I have on any other system.

Digitally I have 81 titles. Mostly all smaller indie stuff, with a handful of bigger things that are just more convenient digitally (Animal Crossing, Splatoon 2, ect.)

Physically I have 30 titles.

I will say that this year, and maybe toward the end of last year, I've started to slow down how much I'm purchasing, especially getting stuff day 1. Most notably I'm even skipping on first party stuff that I'm excited about, just because I already own plenty of stuff that I'm wanting to play. Fire Emblem Three Hopes and Xenoblade 3 both fall into that category for me. I want to play them, and I'll probably get them at some point, but I'm not in a huge rush.

Thank you @Niraj @jariw @bixente for the recommendations. I get the impression Chicory is a super chill, laid back kinda game. Is the vibe something like A Short Hike? I enjoyed that. I usually want some more direct engaging moment-to-moment gameplay than I thought Chicory might have but I also heard it's got some interesting gameplay twists throughout. Also, is the story and dialogue a big part of the appeal?

And thanks @Joedev for the excellent thread as always!

It's by the guy who developed Wandersong if that helps. I felt like the dialogue had similar vibes. There are a lot of quirky characters.

Thanks y'all! I bounced off Wandersong way too quickly, I think just wasn't in the right mood to try it, but I do plan to try it again. In the meantime I'm going to go for Chicory and ElecHead at the least.

OK month but nowhere near June's level. Julys of past years were much better than this.

My pickup list:
Klonoa
Xenoblade 3
Live A Live
Digimon Survive
F.I.S.T.

Waiting for reviews:
Extinction
Time on the Frog Island
Captain Velvet Meteor
Yeah eight potential pick ups. Very mediocre :p

Edit: apologies. I was rude.

Last edited:
Thanks for the new thread! Amazing work as always 😊

Last month was a puzzle-feast with ElecHead and Portal! Two outstanding games.

Last edited:
I bounced off Wandersong way too quickly, I think just wasn't in the right mood to try it, but I do plan to try it again.
I played through most of the game sounds muted with a newborn napping on my lap, which is probably not ideal for a game that heavily utilizes music and sound 😀. I am yet to try Chicory, but definitely plan to. Sadly it wasn't on sale in the EU eShop.

I see Shovel Knight Pocket Dungeon is getting free DLC.

Anyone end up loving it and/or sticking with it long term? I think I might enjoy it a lot but just haven't had a chance to try it.

At first I dropped Wandersong but I gave it another chance later and it was worth it tbh
I think it's because it seems like it's just goofiness all the way and that may overstay its welcome but the story do get more emotional later and oof it's great

I forgot also about the river citiy three kingdoms game. There seems to be an asia english release for it too (I guess LRG will announce something for the west)

I cannot decide what to get during the sale, between Paper Mario, Link's Awakening and Tropical Freeze. Or should it be something else entirely?
Edit: Currently have limited use of one eye while I recover from surgery, so it needs to be something not too punishing.

I would recommend Tropical Freeze.
Thanks! I should have added some information to my post: I currently have limited use of one eye while recovering from surgery. Both my depth perception and my reflexes are probably not great right now. Is there an easy mode I could use if necessary?

I cannot decide what to get during the sale, between Paper Mario, Link's Awakening and Tropical Freeze. Or should it be something else entirely?
Edit: Currently have limited use of one eye while I recover from surgery, so it needs to be something not too punishing.
It's a hard question to answer without knowing more about what kind of games you like and what you already have!

I have all three of the games you mention and of the three my favourite is Link's Awakening, so that would be my choice. It's not too difficult or dependent on reflexes.

I hope your recovery goes well 😊

I hope you feel much better soon @efyu_lemonardo. I think with only use of one eye it may be hardest to play TF because it's most contingent on moment-to-moment reactions. All three are wonderful games though.

I'm thinking about scooping up something new and I'm between Neon White and Portal. Anyone want to help me decide? I never played Portal because I'm not that into puzzle games but everyone says it's amazing. Neon White looks rad as well.

I'd lean towards Neon White since you're not into puzzle games.

I picked up a bunch of games on sale:

Gum+
Bleed 2
Bridge Constructor: The Walking Dead
Boreal Tenebrae
Mysteries under Lake Ophelia
Dungeons of Dreadrock

I'm thinking about scooping up something new and I'm between Neon White and Portal. Anyone want to help me decide? I never played Portal because I'm not that into puzzle games but everyone says it's amazing. Neon White looks rad as well.
Get both so you have three amazing games for the price of 1

Portal is a classic for a reason, I played that on the Orange Box but I’ll pick it up on Switch eventually since I haven’t played the sequel which is apparently even better. It’s a puzzle game but it doesn’t really make your brain explode due to being too hard like other dedicated puzzle games, it also has great pacing and a noteworthy narrative so you shouldn’t have too much problems to get through it. Also Switch has gyro which is very welcome since it had a few sequences on PS3 that made it clear that the game was designed for mouse, even then it’s nothing too difficult.

Neon White is as good as it looks, it got dark horse GOTY written all over it. Now people will make fun of the extremely online memey writing but not only this is skippable but the plot kind of becomes more respectable by the mid/late game twists. Also gotta give props to the devs which patched out an offensive meme. More importantly, the gameplay is where it’s at. Each chapter introduces some kind of new ability or level gimmick and it does that very elegantly, don’t think I felt like that about a game since Galaxy 2 or so. It’s also one of the best examples of modern arcade-like games, it does a lot to encourage you to get better. Very recommended

Portal collection for sure. That’s one my stock answers when people ask “game you wish you could play for the first time again” - the second especially is amazing.

Neon White is just as much a puzzle game as Portal is.

Xenoblade 3, Live A Live , and Digimon Survive are my day ones. I have been wanting these three games for a very long time and of course they are all in short sessions together. lol

Klonoa and Yurukill will get thrown on the wish list.

Thanks for the feedback you guys. Looks like I'll definitely need to get both but I'll start with Neon White.

Portal collection for sure. That’s one my stock answers when people ask “game you wish you could play for the first time again” - the second especially is amazing.

It's funny you should say that. My answer to this question is also a Valve game, Half Life 2.

All the Draknek & Friends games are on sale (both EU and US, it seems), for those wanting excellent puzzle games. Grabbed Bonfire Peaks and Sokobond myself (even though I played Sokobond on PC many years ago), hoping Bonfire Peaks reaches the same heights as A Monster's Expedition.

All the Draknek & Friends games are on sale (both EU and US, it seems), for those wanting excellent puzzle games. Grabbed Bonfire Peaks and Sokobond myself (even though I played Sokobond on PC many years ago), hoping Bonfire Peaks reaches the same heights as A Monster's Expedition.
Bonfire Peaks was one of my favourites last year. Love the atmosphere, love the puzzles. The difficulty level was just right for me - challenging but very rarely frustrating. Depending on where you are in the overworld, you can also often skip puzzles you struggle with and return to them later.

It's maybe a small thing, but I like the fact the names of the levels work as hints, usually indicating things like the end state or the method you need to use to reach the solution. Sometimes it's enough to nudge you to the right direction and sometimes you only get the name after solving the puzzle, but the names feel like a part of the puzzle anyway and I like that!

The game's supposed to get some DLC (no idea when), which I'll play for sure.

Someone tell me about astral chain?
Very Platinum. Story is campy, so your mileage may vary. The core combat is fantastic, and somewhat unique from typical Platinum stuff because you’re kinda controlling two characters at once, not to mention all the things you do with the chain. There’s also a lot to do aside from fight, such as solve puzzles and capture perps, though the quality or these side activities does vary and for some people it dilutes the character action aspect, and for other people it’s a welcome change of pace.

• Klonoa
• Time on Frog Island
• FIST
• Gunvolt 3

I'll probably get those. Not day one, will wait for reviews for sure.

Yeah, Neon White is killer. It feels like what would happen if Suda 51 set out to make a Doom-like. Thanks again y'all.

Bonfire Peaks was one of my favourites last year. Love the atmosphere, love the puzzles. The difficulty level was just right for me - challenging but very rarely frustrating. Depending on where you are in the overworld, you can also often skip puzzles you struggle with and return to them later.

It's maybe a small thing, but I like the fact the names of the levels work as hints, usually indicating things like the end state or the method you need to use to reach the solution. Sometimes it's enough to nudge you to the right direction and sometimes you only get the name after solving the puzzle, but the names feel like a part of the puzzle anyway and I like that!

The game's supposed to get some DLC (no idea when), which I'll play for sure.

I've played some Bonfire Peaks now. The puzzles are great (as expected), but I can't fully grasp the UI. It feels that I never have 100% control over when it rotates and when it moves. Any tips?

I've played some Bonfire Peaks now. The puzzles are great (as expected), but I can't fully grasp the UI. It feels that I never have 100% control over when it rotates and when it moves. Any tips?
While holding a crate, you can only move forwards and backwards. Inputting a different direction rotates the character there, after which you can move in that direction with the same input (or backwards with the opposite input). I'd imagine it's like that because the rotation itself is an action needed to solve many puzzles, so it makes sense that it's easy to perform.

I agree it's unintuitive at first, as the movement is completely free and without the separate rotations when you do not have a crate. You will eventually get used to it though, or at least I did, and can assure you it's worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom