• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo eShop |ST Jun. 2022|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joedev

Shriekbat
Znx5U3r.png

Highlights.png

Well Known Games

Jun 08 STAR WARS™: Knights of the Old Republic™ II: The Sith Lords, Jun 10 Mario Strikers: Battle League, Jun 21 Shadowrun Trilogy, Jun 21 Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout, Jun 23 Sonic Origins, Jun 24 Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes, Jun 24 Capcom Fighting Collection, Jun 30 Rabbids: Party of Legends

IumXmUL.png

Notable DLCs

Jun 30 Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak, Jun 30 Cuphead: Delicious Last Course

t1XZgFM.png

eShop Highlights

screenshot02

Jun 02 - Clan O'Conall and the Crown of the Stag

screenshot01

Jun 02 - Card Shark

screenshot01

Jun 02 - Souldiers

screenshot04

Jun 02 - TOKOYO: Tower of Perpetuity

screenshot01

Jun 16 - Cloud Gardens

screenshot02

Jun 23 - ElecHead

screenshot01

Jun 23 - Steve Jackson's Sorcery!

screenshot04

Jun 24 - AI: THE SOMNIUM FILES - nirvanA Initiative

Releaes.png
americaseuropenqsjo.png

Jun 01 The Big Con - GRIFT OF THE YEAR EDITION
Jun 01 DEATHRUN TV
Jun 01 Flewfie's Adventure
Jun 01 Pinku Kult: Hex Mortis
Jun 01 Silt [Has Demo]
Jun 02 Clan O'Conall and the Crown of the Stag
Jun 02 Jigsaw Fun 3-in-1 Collection
Jun 02 LOOPERS
Jun 02 Card Shark [Has Demo]
Jun 02 Dungeon Village 2
Jun 02 Fishing Paradiso
Jun 02 Gravitar: Recharged
Jun 02 Lamplight City
Jun 02 Ocean Animals Puzzle - Preschool Animal Learning Puzzles Game for Kids & Toddlers
Jun 02 Pretty Girls Speed
Jun 02 QUByte Classics: Jim Power: The Lost Dimension by PIKO
Jun 02 Repentant [Has Demo]
Jun 02 Souldiers
Jun 02 Surface Rush
Jun 02 TOKOYO: Tower of Perpetuity
Jun 03 EleMetals: Death Metal Death Match!
Jun 03 KnightOut
Jun 03 Moonrise Fall
Jun 03 TEN
Jun 03 Wonder Boy Collection
Jun 04 Secrets of Magic 3: Happy Halloween
--
Jun 08 STAR WARS™: Knights of the Old Republic™ II: The Sith Lords
Jun 08 My Lovely Wife
Jun 08 Spacewing War
Jun 09 One Last Memory - Reimagined
Jun 09 Demon Slayer -Kimetsu no Yaiba- The Hinokami Chronicles
Jun 09 Cool Animals
Jun 09 even if TEMPEST
Jun 09 Mini Gardens
Jun 10 Mario Strikers: Battle League [Has Demo]
Jun 10 Metal Max Xeno: Reborn
Jun 10 Ampersat
Jun 10 METAL MAX Xeno Reborn
Jun 10 Mysteries Under Lake Ophelia
--
Jun 14 The Hand of Merlin
Jun 15 Dadish 3
Jun 16 Cloud Gardens
Jun 16 Crazy Chicken Xtreme
Jun 16 Horgihugh And Friends
Jun 16 Neko Secret Room
Jun 17 Omori
--
Jun 21 Shadowrun Returns
Jun 21 Shadowrun Trilogy
Jun 21 Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director's Cut
Jun 21 Shadowrun: Hong Kong - Extended Edition
Jun 21 Wreckfest
Jun 21 BROKEN MIND
Jun 21 Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout
Jun 23 ElecHead
Jun 23 Steve Jackson's Sorcery!
Jun 23 Sonic Origins
Jun 24 Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes
Jun 24 Capcom Fighting Collection
Jun 24 AI: THE SOMNIUM FILES - nirvanA Initiative
--
Jun 28 Birushana: Rising Flower of Genpei
Jun 28 Pure Crosswords
Jun 28 Accident
Jun 30 Rabbids: Party of Legends

Previous Threads

Nov. 2021
Dec. 2021
Jan. 2022
Feb. 2022
Mar. 2022
Apr. 2022
May 2022

Last edited:
It's a loaded month, both with big titles and smaller stuff, and it seems likely there will be some surprise releases during the month as well, with all the showcases happening.

It could change, but here's what I'm thinking:
  • Sunbreak for sure.
  • Three Hopes eventually, but I'm going to try and wait till I have time to actually play it.
  • On the fence about Mario Strikers. I'll try the upcoming Trial and see if it convinces me.
That's already a lot for one month, but Souldiers is also looking really nice.

Card Shark Card Shark Card Shark Card Shark Card Shark Card Shark Card Shark Card Shark Card Shark Card Shark Card Shark Card Shark Card Shark Card Shark Card Shark Card Shark Card Shark Card Shark Card Shark Card Shark Card Shark Card Shark Card Shark Card Shark

What an expensive month. After a slow month like may it feels so good.

So, for my to buy list:
Mario Strikers Battle League
Shadowrun Trilogy
AI Somnium Files Nirvana
Wreckfest
Demon Slayer Hinokami Chronicles
Sonic Origins
Star Wars KOTOR II
Card Shark

Waiting for more impessions:
Fire Emblem Three Hopes (I really don't want to play as those three stooges)
Capcom Fighting Collection

Thanks for the thread. Not sure what I'll pick up yet. I'll probably wait on AI, and want some more info on Three Hopes and Strikers. Smaller stuff, we'll see.

Oh, somehow I thought 3 hopes wasn’t till July, well that’s the one game on my list this month then. Want to avoid more tho, I have plenty to work on

The constant tutorials in Card Shark turned me off even though the presentation and the idea of the game is pretty neat but I will pass just because of the non intuitive game play. Can't wait to play Shadow Run though. I'll probably only like 2 but I bought the whole set anyway.

I'm getting AI for sure, and I'll give Fall Guys a shot since it's free. Mario Strikers, Sonic Origins and Capcom Fighting Collection all interest me but not at a "must buy day one" level. I can wait a while on those.

For sure:
Sunbreak
Wonder Boy

Eventually for sure:
Mario Strikers
KOTOR II (still have to finish the first one, plus I'll wait till they put the restored content)

Maybe:
Metal Max Xeno
Shadowrun

Mario Strikers for me this month, really considering triple dipping on REmake and RE4 as they are £7.99 on the UK eshop.

I’m thinking of pulling the trigger on dragons dogma. Never really played a action rpg unless you count Zelda. Is it worth it?

You posted this in the last thread, but I'll give you my thoughts on it. I picked it up and have put about 4 hours into it, so still pretty early - It feels quite dated and you can really see the influence of Monster Hunter with a bit of Skyrim mixed in. I think the combat will get more nuanced eventually, but so far it's mostly just been button mashing. Boss/Large Monster fights get more interesting as you can physically climb on them to reach weak spots and can try to sever parts (like a tail). You do have 1-3 AI Companions (pawns) with customizable skill loadouts that seems to be quite robust and a big focus of the game. The game also puts an emphasis on night being more dangerous and requiring that you have some light source with you.

I don't know if I'll stick with it long term, as I there is a lot of game here (The map is big), but I'll get my money's worth out of it. It definitely has a little bit of a janky feel to it, but there are some interesting mechanics that I'm enjoying. Maybe check out a youtube video of some combat to see if it looks like something you might enjoy.

Last edited:
You posted this in the last thread, but I'll give you my thoughts on it. I picked it up and have put about 4 hours into it, so still pretty early - It feels quite dated and you can really see the influence of Monster Hunter with a bit of Skyrim mixed in. I think the combat will get more nuanced eventually, but so far it's mostly just been button mashing. Boss/Large Monster fights get more interesting as you can physically climb on them to reach weak spots and can try to sever parts (like a tail). You do have 1-3 AI Companions (pawns) with customizable skill loadouts that seems to be quite robust and a big focus of the game. The game also puts an emphasis on night being more dangerous and requiring that you have some light source with you.

I don't know if I'll stick with it long term, as I there is a lot of game here (The map is big), but I'll get my money's worth out of it. It definitely has a little bit of a janky feel to it, but there are some interesting mechanics that I'm enjoying. Maybe check out a youtube video of some combat to see if it looks like something you might enjoy.
Thank you

Edit: I need a new FPS on switch. Wasn’t able to get into the Doom eternal horde mode like I thought I would.

Hm...maybe omori. Otherwise, not something i would want. (Thats not a sign that there is nothing or bad quality, just nothing that cought my interest)

Got a chance to play Souldiers on Switch ahead release; Wrote a review for my friends at Ultra N Podcast (PT-BR content);

But long story short... the game is beautiful and very challenging (even in the easier difficulty; I played on normal, while my buddy who narrated the video went on easy), but sadly there are some peformance issues on Switch... really long load times are the biggest one, since you die so much in the game, you'd be staring at load screens a lot. And weird freezing while saving, frame-skipping when attacking enemies with stat effects were some of the problems that popped up.. even a random crash happened to me once;

Devs promised a day-one patch that would hopefuly fix many of these, but this was my experience;... It's a really good game though, and beyond those hicups, I'd recommend it.

Got a chance to play Souldiers on Switch ahead release; Wrote a review for my friends at Ultra N Podcast (PT-BR content);

But long story short... the game is beautiful and very challenging (even in the easier difficulty; I played on normal, while my buddy who narrated the video went on easy), but sadly there are some peformance issues on Switch... really long load times are the biggest one, since you die so much in the game, you'd be staring at load screens a lot. And weird freezing while saving, frame-skipping when attacking enemies with stat effects were some of the problems that popped up.. even a random crash happened to me once;

Devs promised a day-one patch that would hopefuly fix many of these, but this was my experience;... It's a really good game though, and beyond those hicups, I'd recommend it.

Thanks for your input!
Let's hope the day one patch at least fixes the performance issues, because that's a deal breaker for me and i was really excited for this game.

Barring any shadow drops that interest me I'm just getting Sonic Origins and FH3H. DLC is a maybe but I never finished Cuphead (stuck at King Dice) and barely started Rise. I did hear Shredders Revenge is a shadow drop this month and will get that.

Wait, Souldiers is not avaliable in the mexican eshop, what the heck? I know some games are limited to US/ EU because of licensing issues (mainly music ones) but I doubt this is the case here

I'm buying all Nintendo publishes games + Sunbreak this month so I don't have that much money left to buy more games but Pikmin 3 deluxe amazon deal is looking really good 🤔 , I don't have my Wii U at home anymore so I might just bite and buy it

I'd not heard of that one before! It looks cosy and relaxing. There aren't many reviews so I'd appreciate any more thoughts on it!

So far it's pretty relaxing. You get quests (clean up debris from a few islands, catch a couple of this specific fish, give me X number of this item, etc) from the animal spirits, which gives you leaves, the in-game currency. You can also plant trees on the islands and sell the fruits, and also build plants on the water that you can harvest to sell. You can also build a floating capybara house, which causes a boat with a couple capybaras to help you harvest the water plants, which is nice. Aside from buying plants, you can also use your money to buy fishing rod upgrades. There are two styles of fishing, a more challenging one that's similar to Stardew Valley where you have a colored bar that you have to keep on the fish by holding and releasing A, and a simpler one where you just hold A while the fish icon is on the hook (and you let go if the fish starts shaking). It's a 2D plane, so there are some areas on the sides that are blocked by fog. There's a lighthouse where you pay money to remove the fog and reveal more islands, which usually have a new animal spirit to talk to, and new fishing spots.

edit: Got 100% completion in 3 and a half hours. So it's pretty short, but overall I enjoyed it.

Last edited:
I just picked up Regency Solitaire for £5.99 (40% off). I've played it before on Steam and probably paid a little less than that for it if I'm honest, but I have a soft spot for these types of games, getting hooked on the original Fairway Solitaire way back in the early noughties. This is actually developed by the same team (Grey Alien Games). Reviews suggest it's a solid port so perfect for whiling away an hour or two on a relaxing evening.

Still on the fence on if I should quadruple dip on RE4 while it’s on sale, I’m tempted to hold off as it’s possible we could see both Goldeneye Remastered and TMNT: Shredders Revenge launching over the next week or 2

So far it's pretty relaxing. You get quests (clean up debris from a few islands, catch a couple of this specific fish, give me X number of this item, etc) from the animal spirits, which gives you leaves, the in-game currency. You can also plant trees on the islands and sell the fruits, and also build plants on the water that you can harvest to sell. You can also build a floating capybara house, which causes a boat with a couple capybaras to help you harvest the water plants, which is nice. Aside from buying plants, you can also use your money to buy fishing rod upgrades. There are two styles of fishing, a more challenging one that's similar to Stardew Valley where you have a colored bar that you have to keep on the fish by holding and releasing A, and a simpler one where you just hold A while the fish icon is on the hook (and you let go if the fish starts shaking). It's a 2D plane, so there are some areas on the sides that are blocked by fog. There's a lighthouse where you pay money to remove the fog and reveal more islands, which usually have a new animal spirit to talk to, and new fishing spots.

edit: Got 100% completion in 3 and a half hours. So it's pretty short, but overall I enjoyed it.
Thanks very much for taking the time to feed back on Luna's Fishing Garden - I really appreciate your helpful thoughts 😊. I think I'll give it a go!

Thanks very much for taking the time to feed back on Luna's Fishing Garden - I really appreciate your helpful thoughts 😊. I think I'll give it a go!

No problem at all. Sometimes it's hard finding impressions for smaller games, so happy to help.

Just picked up All Stars Brawl and the Jenny DLC thanks to it being on sale for $20 and voice acting being added the other day. Excited to crack it open soon!

Ok family I need help. I have 160 dollars available to spend on eshop gaming this month. Mario Strikers is day 1. What else is out there I should purchase?

Ok family I need help. I have 160 dollars available to spend on eshop gaming this month. Mario Strikers is day 1. What else is out there I should purchase?
I would say for the inevitable June summer sale and lap up those deliciously discounted games

Oooor were you asking specifically for full-price first party stuff

I would say for the inevitable June summer sale and lap up those deliciously discounted games

Oooor were you asking specifically for full-price first party stuff
Thanks for responding. Now my wife is saying she wants a switch lite. So I will just get battle league and get her switch lite.

The big summer eshop sale has started in the EU. I expect other territories too (or soon).

All the usual first party games are 33% off as usual. A few things on my wishlist have come up with little savings, nothing amazing.

Please list any good finds!

The big summer eshop sale has started in the EU. I expect other territories too (or soon).

All the usual first party games are 33% off as usual. A few things on my wishlist have come up with little savings, nothing amazing.

Please list any good finds!
Although we haven’t gotten any announcements, lots of games are starting to go on sale in NA. I imagine there will be some official sale by next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom