• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo eShop |ST May 2022|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joedev

Shriekbat
YJJbPXA.png

Highlights.png

screenshot01

May 05 - Citizen Sleeper

screenshot04

May 10 - Eiyuden Chronicle: Rising

screenshot05

May 10 - Prinny Presents NIS Classics Volume 2: Makai Kingdom: Reclaimed and Rebound / ZHP: Unlosing Ranger vs. Darkdeath Evilman

screenshot01

May 12 - Rogue Lords

screenshot01

May 13 - Hyper Echelon

screenshot02

May 19 - DEADCRAFT

Screenshot_Souldiers_01.jpg

May 19 - Souldiers

screenshot01

May 20 - Cotton Fantasy

screenshot02

May 24 - Touken Ranbu Warriors

screenshot01

May 27 - Kao the Kangaroo

Releaes.png
americaseuropenqsjo.png

May 04 Wildcat Gun Machine
May 04 Slap the Rocks
May 05 Citizen Sleeper
May 05 Best Month Ever!
May 05 RiffTrax: The Game
May 05 War Mines Collection
--
May 10 Eiyuden Chronicle: Rising
May 10 Prinny Presents NIS Classics Volume 2: Makai Kingdom: Reclaimed and Rebound / ZHP: Unlosing Ranger vs. Darkdeath Evilman
May 12 Get-A-Grip Chip and the Body Bugs
May 12 Aery – A New Frontier
May 12 Seven Pirates H
May 12 Dungeons of Dreadrock
May 12 The Centennial Case: A Shijima Story
May 12 Infinite Links
May 12 Rogue Lords
May 12 Vesper: Zero Light Edition
May 13 Hyper Echelon
--
May 19 DEADCRAFT [Has Demo]
May 19 The Future You've Been Dreaming Of
May 19 SNOW BROS. SPECIAL
May 19 There Will Be No Turkey This Christmas
May 19 Souldiers
May 20 Cotton Fantasy
May 22 Galacticon
--
May 24 Touken Ranbu Warriors
May 27 Arcade Spirits: The New Challengers
May 27 Clan O'Conall and the Crown of the Stag
May 27 Kao the Kangaroo
May 27 MY LITTLE PONY: A Maretime Bay Adventure

Previous Threads

Nov. 2021
Dec. 2021
Jan. 2022
Feb. 2022
Mar. 2022
Apr. 2022

Last edited:
Seems to be a pretty light month in terms of releases. Nothing is really standing out to me as an instant purchase, so this will probably be a month where I tackle things on the backlog. Also June and July are stacked, so maybe a lighter month is a good thing...

Feels like it's been a while since the last Indie World. I don't really remember how frequent they've been in the past, but am still hoping for one this month. Without one and the inevitable shadow drops it would bring, the month looks pretty light.

Interested in Citizen Sleeper. Also, I cannot believe Eiyuden Chronicle is going to be out so soon. Depending on impressions/reviews, might pick it up at some point.

Great ST! This is definitely going to be a backlog month for me. Still gonna 100% Kirby, after which I’ll start Rune Factory 5 (I feel like I’ve been saying I’ll start RF5 for weeks now hahaha), and making my way through Gnosia and Rain On Your Parade.

I also have games like Overcooked 2 and Great Ace Attorney in the backlog but I play those with my girlfriend and we’re both busy with our trip haha.

Feels like it's been a while since the last Indie World. I don't really remember how frequent they've been in the past, but am still hoping for one this month. Without one and the inevitable shadow drops it would bring, the month looks pretty light.

They're typically every 4 months, so not having one in April was a bit out of the ordinary. Maybe it'll be this month, who knows.

It's my birth month! Sadly, the month is not exciting in terms of releases.

Planning to buy:
Kao the Kangaroo
Eyuiden Chronicle
Snow Bros Special

Waiting for reviews:
Deadcraft

Not much else to buy. I'm currently running out of things to play (I've just finished Zombie Army 4 today) but I hope to hold off until June, which is a banger of a month.

Unless there is a surprise release or a game on my wishlist goes on sale at the sweet spot, probably nothing for me this month.

I'm curious about a centenial case and could pick it up if impressions are good.
Otherwise, backlog time !

Thanks for the thread Joedev! It's a backlog month for me, as well completing Kirby with the kids. But I'm ready for an Indie World Direct and some shadow drops!

Bit of a sidetrack, but what did you think of Zombie Army 4?
Amazing miracle port, the game itself is a massive improvement from the Trilogy. Zombies aren't just dummies anymore. Maps are much bigger and there are more guns, this is no longer a Sniper Elite reskin.

I've yet to play coop multiplayer though, it's where the game actually shines.

Thanks Joedev for keeping up this topic. It is always helpful :).
So, I was thinking of biting bloodstained for the current price. I have not followed how it is after the updates and the initial release, would it be worth it at the current sale?

I added Souldiers to the OP and highlighted list since it is confirmed for a May 19th release. I've actually been looking forward to this game for a while so I really shouldn't have forgotten about it, but because it doesn't have an eshop page yet I missed it while creating the thread.

The metroidvania has amazing pixel art and animation, so I'm really hoping that the game ends up being good.

I love zombie games but never played Zombie Army. Is it straight up action or is there stuff like character levels, skill trees, XP, progression etc or just like an arcade shooter?

I love roguelites and little RPG systems in my games lol.

Here are some games in the sale (NA) that are worth considering imo, with some details. I hope this helps someone as there’s a lot on sale. There’s tons of good games on sale so ask away if any questions and I’ll try my best to help :)

Lego City Undercover $5.99
This is my favorite Lego game. An original story and characters in a GTA style open world. It’s funny, it’s fun, and if you like Lego games it’s highly recommended.

Collection of Mana $19.99
Secret
of Mana is a classic action RPG with great music and a beautiful world to explore. The 3rd game is new to the US and is one of the prettiest SNES games imo. Again it has really good music and fun battles with a cool character system where you choose 3 people and will play the game based on their perspectives of the story. This leads to different areas and story beats, and characters can change classes as they level which gives the game a ton of replayability.

Puyo Puyo Tetris $9.99
A legit fun puzzle mashup of Puyo and Tetris that has 90s anime vibes with characters and story. It has a lot of content and even though I was new to Puyo, I had a blast with it.

Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom $13.99
A beautiful, huge, challenging, charming Metroidvania with great music. There are different forms you can change into which give you access to different areas based on their abilities. I haven’t beaten it but it’s an easy recommend as it’s just legit all the way around.

Hob Definitive Edition $3.99
This is a steal for 4 bucks. It’s an adventure RPG with lots of puzzles and com at. Also you can rotate huge parts of the world as one of the main mechanics and is really neat. It runs well on Switch too. If you like Zelda like games you’ll like this.

Star Ocean First Departure R $8.39
A fun RPG that’s old school. It’s not a massive 100 hour affair and the story isn’t anything crazy but the game is solid RPG fun that mixes sci-fi and fantasy.

Nexomon Extinction $9.99
A Pokémon kinda game. It’s obviously not as huge production values as Pokémon but this is a really solid game!! It’s got all the familiar trappings. The music is nice as well as the cute graphics. It’s a solid game I easily recommend for 10 bucks.

Blossom Tales $5.24
5 bucks for a delightful 10-15 hour Zelda Link to the Past type game. It isn’t mindblowing but if you crave another game like LTTP then this is the game you need. Very charming, fun, and doesn’t overstay it’s welcome.

Wytchwood $13.99
I played this on XSX but looking up the Switch version it seems like it runs …ok now. It’s 30fps if that’s a dealbreaker. But this game!! Do you live gathering and crafting? A big, stunningly pretty world, weird characters, and exploring/puzzles then I ultra-recommend this. It’s one of my favorite games of the last year! Takes 10-20 hours to beat depending on how much you explore and craft.

Okami HD $9.99
Has anyone not played this?! Okami is 3 3-D Zelda games in 1! It’s a very long game with an unmatched graphics style that looks like a painting. The music is A+++, story is cool, works is packed with things to do and secrets to find. You play as a GOD! This game is a joy to play and one of the best Zelda-likes ever imo.

Garden Story $13.99
Garden Story has similarities to 2D Zelda but also unique things happening. The world is made of 4 towns and the areas between. You will be solving puzzles, doing combat, crafting, helping charming vegetable inspired NPCs, tools with upgrades, a potion crafting system etc. music is really chill and nice. There are some dungeons. You will be using a quest board in each of the 4 season-themed towns to do 2-3 quests daily that will raise the level of that town. Theres a lot going on in the game but I found it unique and very charming.

Rune Factory 4 Special $23.99
A fantasy themed farming life sim. It’s in my top 3 all time for the genre. In addition to farming there is a deep, very extensive crafting and upgrading system. The music is wonderful. The graphics are…ok. Since this was a 3DS game the graphics blown up on a TV are a bit messy but it looks good in handheld and I’m fine with it docked as well. There are townspeople to romance, you get to issue directives that affect the world - getting licenses for crafting, increasing storage spaces, adding festivals, upgrading shops, having certain item types spawn on your farm etc etc. there is also a large world to explore, lots of combat and weapon types and magic and skills?dungeons, bosses, difficulty levels, crazy endgame content. This game is bursting with content. It’s zippy too as you move fast. It’s charming as hell and I highly recommend if your into this genre but somehow never played this.

If you have Xbox or Steam Loot River is out on the 3rd. Looks like a very cool game. Really hope it comes to Switch eventually.

I've been hearing good things today about Dungeons of Dreadrock, one of this month's new releases. I'd not previously come across it, but now quite interested - though at (I think) about £10 on Switch, that's much more expensive than on Steam and mobile.

Random fact..the game doesn't have pro controller support at this time..just joy con or handheld mode.

I've also been playing a lot of Citizen Sleeper and really really enjoying it. I had a good laugh because according to my stats on the video. It's been seen by 500 people, but one person unsubbed after watching the video..I'm going to guess this game won't be for everyone.

These control issues with Switch is weird. There have been games that don't support pro controller, at least at launch, and mobile ports that doesn't support touch screen and other games where it would makes sense. And of course the gyro support which seems very random with games.

@Irene I just wanted to say I bought both of the Opus games on Switch because of your recommendation and played the first one and it was such a lovely little game. Going to have a break now but will play the 2nd soon.

I added Souldiers to the OP and highlighted list since it is confirmed for a May 19th release. I've actually been looking forward to this game for a while so I really shouldn't have forgotten about it, but because it doesn't have an eshop page yet I missed it while creating the thread.

The metroidvania has amazing pixel art and animation, so I'm really hoping that the game ends up being good.

I'm hoping it's going to be a sleeper hit/hidden gem, at least one guy on the internet said that this was the best metroidvania since Hollow Knight.

Just stumbled upon this game and it looks so charming! I think it's only got a 2022 release window for now.

Another Switch indie game I'm looking forward to and haven't seen talked about much is A Highland Song from Inkle. There's no release date either, and it seems to be somewhat different from their past games, but I really love everything I've played from them. No release date here either, so I'm not sure why I'm even sharing these 😅

Random fact..the game doesn't have pro controller support at this time..just joy con or handheld mode.

I've also been playing a lot of Citizen Sleeper and really really enjoying it. I had a good laugh because according to my stats on the video. It's been seen by 500 people, but one person unsubbed after watching the video..I'm going to guess this game won't be for everyone.

I am glad to hear Citizen Sleeper is good!
I loooved In Other Waters and had not heard of their new game until last week lol. And yeah it’s sounding absolutely incredible. I think I’m gonna pick it up on Steam unless it’s rock solid performance and short loads on Switch. We shall see!

There’s a sale on the Lego games. Is Jurassic World and DC Super Villains any good? Do they run well on Switch?

Anyone getting any of the drops from today's indie world direct?

No but I love Opus: Echo of Starsong on PC. If you like great stories and adventures with puzzles and resource management then I recommend it (If Switch version performs well).

This game is a pretty big leap up from the last 2 Opus games. There is no combat (well sorta but it’s text based like choose your own adventure and tied to using your resources etc). It’s an emotional rollercoaster story first and foremost.

Also, anyone who likes farming life sims should check out Ooblets this summer. It’s been in early access for 2 years on EGS and is fully launching I guess when it comes out on Switch. It’s got a super unique goofy art style. You have a house and farm and you plant stuff that then becomes these little guys that follow you around and there is a turn based battle system using them where it’s a Dance-Off lol. It’s a card based battle system in all honesty though. There is a main town and then surrounding areas you can visit so it’s got stuff up explore. Music is nice. There’s lots of customization in general, and you can upgrade tools and your bag etc. quests aplenty. It’s just a really weird life sim with farming that I adore. Check some videos if you are into the genre!

No but I love Opus: Echo of Starsong on PC. If you like great stories and adventures with puzzles and resource management then I recommend it (If Switch version performs well).

This game is a pretty big leap up from the last 2 Opus games. There is no combat (well sorta but it’s text based like choose your own adventure and tied to using your resources etc). It’s an emotional rollercoaster story first and foremost.

Also, anyone who likes farming life sims should check out Ooblets this summer. It’s been in early access for 2 years on EGS and is fully launching I guess when it comes out on Switch. It’s got a super unique goofy art style. You have a house and farm and you plant stuff that then becomes these little guys that follow you around and there is a turn based battle system using them where it’s a Dance-Off lol. It’s a card based battle system in all honesty though. There is a main town and then surrounding areas you can visit so it’s got stuff up explore. Music is nice. There’s lots of customization in general, and you can upgrade tools and your bag etc. quests aplenty. It’s just a really weird life sim with farming that I adore. Check some videos if you are into the genre!

Thanks, that's really helpful 😊. I'm very interested in this one.

Bought Citizen Sleeper yesterday after reading a journo of my country talking wonders about it. Just played about an hour.

I like the look of Gibbon: Beyond the Trees - does anyone have any experience with it?

I was a little wary when the eshop description said the story mode is only about an hour long. I love how it looks though, and I like the concept.

Soundfall is a blast so far. There is definitely a learning curve but once you get the hang of it, it's terrific fun.

I don't usually complain about game icons, but I picked up Dungeons of Dreadrock and it's just this:

fu9gbEVB4YWx9AwEnkDsv1QlBf9iOIk7WlMXTuv1oJ2XVw4f_nKHS0Oc2DygGkKzVg

😅

Wow I didn’t know that two days ago a patch for ART OF RALLY was released!

Creator Dune Casu (best name ever lol) says “The tree and object density of vegetation is now the same as other platforms and there is grass too, thanks to porting experts Do Games.

New DLC also coming, unclear if free like the previous DLC.

Apparently framerate is also better. I wonder if they also added right stick analog throttle support, but probably not and that’s what’s stopping me from buying. Absolute Drift was a pity to play with just digital on/off throttle/breaking.

Wow I didn’t know that two days ago a patch for ART OF RALLY was released!

Creator Dune Casu (best name ever lol) says “The tree and object density of vegetation is now the same as other platforms and there is grass too, thanks to porting experts Do Games.

New DLC also coming, unclear if free like the previous DLC.

Apparently framerate is also better. I wonder if they also added right stick analog throttle support, but probably not and that’s what’s stopping me from buying. Absolute Drift was a pity to play with just digital on/off throttle/breaking.
Heard from some people that because of the graphical enhancements the frame rate took a hit sometimes, so I don't know. It's hard to find some new footage

Bought Hob: The Definite Edition on the spring sale for 80% off. A really impressive game, which got an well-made Switch port by Panic Button. Played it docked the whole time and the performance was quite good given the scope of the game. Some noticeable frame drops at the very end (where things go big and cinematic) and at a few other occasions, but during the most of the game things played very smooth. BTW, I had much more fun with this game than I had with the Link's Awakening remake.

If you enjoy Zelda-ish environment/navigation puzzle games, the game might be worth checking out at the low sales price it gets. Also, it's also reasonably short (about 10 hours), which I see as a plus this kind of game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom