• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo eShop |ST Mar. 2023|

Joedev

Shriekbat
EuiMSZs.png

Highlights.png

Well Known Games

Mar 02 Fitness Boxing Fist of the North Star, Mar 09 FATAL FRAME: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse, Mar 09 Session: Skate Sim, Mar 14 The Legend of Heroes: Trails to Azure, Mar 17 Bayonetta Origins: Cereza and the Lost Demon, Mar 21 Remnant: From the Ashes, Mar 23 The Settlers: New Allies, Mar 24 Atelier Ryza 3: Alchemist of the End & the Secret Key, Mar 28 MLB The Show 23

pnxLxwv.png

eShop Highlights

screenshot01

Mar 01 - BROK the InvestiGator

0dcebc51ef9aa7ad84e4f43c5ff6cb119a1ca7143dafb574a16188294f46e9b8

Mar 01 - Ken Follett's The Pillars of the Earth

93a9892b18290f56bda43b7fbeb6727c7842eddf6d49f0f818b0de61469cec06

Mar 03 - Gunman Tales

screenshot01

Mar 09 - Figment 2: Creed Valley

583f928e3e1404df017bdd34a3b1177b2176b7208748996f1e9a473b58d9ad10

Mar 09 - ONI : Road to be the Mightiest Oni

d423e214cc453bbfbaddf4c608716a5dc2138b17c4782261302fbdf0d7bdb458

Mar 10 Mato Anomalies

8496badbf1f31213d60a8ad567ac8bfb3c8c6cfa3b02912dc1cc5b4814666ff8

Mar 14 - Vernal Edge

screenshot04

Mar 16 Alice Gear Aegis CS Concerto of Simulatrix

screenshot01

Mar 22 - Have A Nice Death

screenshot01

Mar 23 - Rakuen

screenshot03

Mar 23 - Storyteller

Releaes.png
americaseuropenqsjo.png

Mar 01 A Fox and His Robot
Mar 01 BROK the InvestiGator
Mar 01 Green Soldiers Heroes
Mar 01 Ken Follett's The Pillars of the Earth
Mar 02 Aery - Calm Mind 3
Mar 02 Chess Pills
Mar 02 Dream Park Story
Mar 02 Fitness Boxing Fist of the North Star
Mar 02 Hike Valley
Mar 02 Live Factory
Mar 02 Meg's Monster
Mar 02 Pretty Girls Breakers! PLUS
Mar 02 Railway Islands - Puzzle
Mar 02 Rider Among Dead - Mad Zombie Killer Machine Survival
Mar 02 The Smile Alchemist
Mar 02 Vanaris Tactics
Mar 03 Disaster Detective Saiga: An Indescribable Mystery
Mar 03 Gunman Tales
Mar 03 Notes + Stickers
Mar 03
Mar 03 Ruku's Heart Balloon
Mar 03 The Atla Archives
Mar 03 Void Scrappers
Mar 04 Scrap Games
--
Mar 06 Puss in Boots: Interactive Book
Mar 07 Little Witch Nobeta
Mar 07 Pronty
Mar 09 Antigravity Racing
Mar 09 Caverns of Mars: Recharged
Mar 09 FATAL FRAME: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse
Mar 09 FATAL FRAME: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse Digital Deluxe Edition
Mar 09 Figment 2: Creed Valley
Mar 09 Ib
Mar 09 Island Cities
Mar 09 Know by heart...
Mar 09 Mari And Bayu: The Road Home
Mar 09 ONI : Road to be the Mightiest Oni
Mar 09 PARANORMASIGHT: The Seven Mysteries of Honjo
Mar 09 Record of Agarest War
Mar 09 Session: Skate Sim
Mar 09 Tiny Troopers: Global Ops
Mar 10 DC's Justice League: Cosmic Chaos
Mar 10 EvilUP
Mar 10 Felix the Toy DX
Mar 10 Mato Anomalies
Mar 10 Mythology Waifus Mahjong
Mar 11 Titanium Hound
--
Mar 14 Tents and Trees
Mar 14 The Legend of Heroes: Trails to Azure
Mar 14 The Wreck
Mar 14 Vernal Edge
Mar 15 Tricky Thief
Mar 16 Alice Gear Aegis CS Concerto of Simulatrix
Mar 16 Backbeat
Mar 16 Link The Cubes
Mar 16 Loot Box Simulator - Heroes of the Dark Age
Mar 16 Numolition
Mar 16 POST VOID
Mar 16 Sixtar Gate: STARTRAIL
Mar 16 Tanky Tanks 2
Mar 17 Bayonetta Origins: Cereza and the Lost Demon
Mar 17 Flame Keeper
Mar 17 FUR Squadron
Mar 17 Off The Tracks
Mar 17 Peppa Pig: World Adventures
Mar 18 Fantasy Ball
--
Mar 20 Animals Names
Mar 20 FurryFury: Smash & Roll
Mar 21 Remnant: From the Ashes
Mar 22 Have A Nice Death
Mar 23 Monorail Stories
Mar 23 Rakuen
Mar 23 Rakuen: Deluxe Edition
Mar 23 Storyteller
Mar 23 Sushi Bar Express
Mar 23 The Settlers: New Allies
Mar 24 Atelier Ryza 3: Alchemist of the End & the Secret Key
Mar 24 FLASHOUT 3
Mar 24 Nefasto's Misadventure: Meeting Noeroze
--
Mar 28 Chef Life: A Restaurant Simulator
Mar 28 MLB The Show 23
Mar 28 Train Life - A Railway Simulator
Mar 28 Train Life - Orient-Express Train Edition
Mar 29 Gripper
Mar 30 Anyaroth: The Queen's Tyranny
Mar 30 Assault Suits Valken DECLASSIFIED
Mar 30 Cannon Dancer – Osman
Mar 30 Doodle World Deluxe
Mar 30 Orebody: Binder's Tale
Mar 30 Papertris
Mar 30 Saga of Sins
Mar 31 Blade Assault
Mar 31 Formula Retro Racing: World Tour

Previous Threads

Nov. 2021
Dec. 2021
Jan. 2022
Feb. 2022
Mar. 2022
Apr. 2022
May 2022
Jun. 2022
Jul. 2022
Aug. 2022
Sep. 2022
Oct. 2022
Nov. 2022
Dec. 2022
Jan. 2023
Feb. 2023

Last edited:
Great month! Quite hyped about Bayo Origins and Trails to Azure. No as packed as next month but we have some interesting stuff here.

My buy list:
Remnant From the Ashes
Bayo Origins
Trails to Azure
Fatal Frame Mask of Lunar Eclipse
Settlers New Allies
Storyteller
Have a Nice Death
Oni Road to be the Mightiest Oni

Maybe:
Mato Anomalies
Paranormasight

Games that I'll buy once I finish Atelier Ryza 2:
Rakuen

I mainly just have a sales list for now.

Keep being tempted when Star Wars pinball goes on sale Cept I stuck at pinball

Most interested in Storyteller this month. I played the demo a long time ago and I've been looking forward to it ever since. Really neat puzzle game where you have to satisfy a particular story beat by dragging characters or items to a comic book strip. Hoping that the solutions are fairly open ended and that it allows for some creativity.

I'll be keeping an eye on Have a Nice Death as well. It's been fairly well received on steam during it's been in early access period, so I'm interested to see how improved it's full release will be.

Other than that, I'll continue slowly working my way through Metroid Prime Remastered. It's my first time playing it and I am really enjoying it.

Also, thanks to @9-Volt for helping with the list of Well Known and Highlighted games.

Gaming has been slow-going for me so I’m probably only buying from sales this month, but there are some cool releases coming up. Storyteller looks really intriguing, it’s a type of game I’ve always wanted.

Oh wow, March already!

I inow this is the eShop thread, but this will be a Metroid Prime month for me as the physical release of the remaster is on Friday here. That said, I'm at least keeping an eye on Storyteller. Love the style and the premise, but am not sure how well it all translates to a complete game. Hopefully well!

Now this is the first month this year that I have a lot of things I'm interested in come out

For sures

Bayonetta Origins
Have a Nice Death

Will def get just later

Ryza 3

Keeping an eye on

Oni
Storyteller
Paranormasight

So I'm set on this month without any new random drops, but as usual will wish for good sales on my wishlist. I feel like I haven't had such good luck with that as of lately though, I guess I become too picky for sales.

I’m still working my way through Kirby Return to Dream Land and Fire Emblem Engage so not too many this month for me.

My buy list:

Fitness Boxing: Fist of the North Star

Dead Cells - Castlevania dlc.

Forza Horizon 5 - Rally Adventure dlc.

Not a whole lot for me this month but that's alright, I've barely scratched the surface of Octopath Traveler II and am still playing lots of Theatrhythm. Saving up for vouchers for the double hit of Advance Wars / Zelda in April and May.

BAYONETTA BAYBEE
Meg's Monster
Suda Frame IV

Maybe Vernal Edge

I've had Vambrace: Cold Souls on my wishlist for some time but I've never bit because the mixed reviews always put me off. The art style looks gorgeous and it appears to have had at least a patch or two on Switch, and more on Steam. It is £3.99 on sale currently and at its lowest ever price. Does anyone have any experience with it?

Thanks again for the thread. I remember enjoying Rakuen on PC. Laura Shigihara created it iirc, and of course it has some great music. Storyteller looks really neat.

Both Ori games are on sale for a couple days, lowest price ever

I played the first one like four months ago, liked it, apparently the sequel is even better. I thought about holding out on starting new metroidvanias until Silksong releases any minute now but I might bite on this one idk

Also did the crashing issues on the sequel ever get patched? I remember hearing about this at launch

Booted up the Eshop to check out the Capcom deals today, and it seems to be running much quicker/smoother.
Am I imagining things, and if not why isn’t this the norm. It feels good to browse again.

Anyone recommend Tanuki Justice? I really enjoyed Aggelos from the same dev and it's on sale for its lowest price, $3.

This looks cool, releases May 26.

Press release-
Chronicles of 2 Heroes has confirmed its release date with a new trailer. After being funded on Kickstarter, this retro platformer will arrive on PC (Steam), Xbox, PS4, PS5 and Nintendo Switch on May 26, 2023.

This new trailer sums up every thrilling aspect of the game: intense action, precise platforming and exquisite pixel art. And, of course, its main mechanic: switching between the protagonists in real time! Kensei is a samurai unable to jump but lethal in close combat. Ayame, on the other hand, is as agile as fragile. Pressing a button makes you switch between these heroes and their more than 20 unlockable skills.

Kensei and Ayame are the only hope for feudal Japan. Amaterasu and her disciple, Empress Himiko, tyrannize the land with their mighty army of yokai. Combining their skills, the two heroes must reach the imperial capital of Osaka and recover the three sacred treasures, Amaterasu's source of power. Along the way, they will clash against enemies inspired by Japanese mythology.

Features
  • Switch between the protagonists in real-time. Kensei the samurai uses his katana for close combat, but he cannot jump. Ayame is way more agile and uses ranged attacks.
  • Overcome old-school platforming challenges. Retro platformers are our main reference, but we tried to bring the most satisfying, modern experience to the table.
  • Dive in Japanese mythos. Fight against ronin, yokai and countless enemies inspired by Japanese mythology.
  • Unlock up to 20 powerful abilities. From smashing the ground and stunning your enemies to double jumping and reaching higher platforms.
Shame about the generic name, ‘chronicles of two heroes’ isn’t particularly memorable if someone recommends it to you on Switch with a ton of other similar titles, let alone on Steam!

There’s been a few previews of Warhammer 40k: Boltgun go up today too, as writers had access to the first three levels. Looks like a lot of fun, the universe does feel like a natural fit for the ‘boomer shooter’ genre (hell there’s been a ton of 40k shooters over the years) but it seems like it’s both been made by people with a love for the setting and also has accessibility options.

^that sounds very cool and terrifying

though we did get a (secretly) cosmic horror fishing game last year too!

Any recs for Mr. Driller? It's at an all-time low of $6. I've recently gotten into the original Dig Dug but I'm not sure I've ever tried Mr. Driller.

Any recs for Mr. Driller? It's at an all-time low of $6. I've recently gotten into the original Dig Dug but I'm not sure I've ever tried Mr. Driller.
It’s a pretty cool little puzzler with a bunch of fun variants in it based off of other Namco games like Daruga.

Do it! My playtime on Switch is about to be 40 hours. Mr Driller is one of the most addictive puzzlers ever, all you do is dig, dig, dig. You'll avoid falling blocks and get oxygen tanks to survive while doing it. DrillLand has 5 variants of the game and each is exciting enough on their own. I especially recommend the RPG themed one.

Count me in as another voice singing the praises of Mr. Driller DrillLand, fantastic puzzle game. I believe it has a demo on the eShop.

Thanks all! In the RPG one or other modes, is there substantial differing content like missions with different puzzles to beat?

Thanks all! In the RPG one or other modes, is there substantial differing content like missions with different puzzles to beat?
So your goal is generally to reach the bottom(and get a good score). But in the ones themed after other Namco games the rules and dynamics change. Diggy driller has health instead of oxygen, golden statues to collect, traps and no block contact chains. The Daruga rpg one you collect spells and keys to move forward or backtrack. The spooky one has ghosts you have to stun with water before exorcising.

Wildfrost releases on April 12th! A Switch demo is available now.

Really looking forward to this. Although, I will say from having played a bunch of the Steam demo, I either really suck at this game, or it is just really difficult. I'm honestly not sure if maybe I just haven't grasped some aspect of the combat or something.

I've been seeing praise for Rakuen for years on PC, so I'm excited to try it on Switch sometime. Great reviews for the deluxe port this far.

Hunt the Night is out on PC in a couple of weeks (console releases to follow later), but I saw the latest trailer and it’s just reminded me of how much I’m looking forward to it.

Back
Top Bottom